Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Saga: A New Beginning ❯ Darien's Dream ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Hyperman does not own Digimon or the other anime stuff that appears in these stories, Toei, Hongo, and the other companies do. The song Mean Machine was made by Sugar Ray and I'm not making any money off of this story or that song, so don't sue me. I own the characters that I create and the others belong to the people who are letting me use them. If you want to use their or my creations asks us please. ENJOY THE FICTION!!!

 

Hyperman: This is a story I just had to write, what Darien saw in his dreams and what happened before and after the incident at the cemetery; please note that while three years have past, the D-Reaper has attacked more than once. When the D-Reaper attacked before, it was two years prior to when the Tamers defeated him and one year has past since its defeat.

 

Lady Devimon: When are you going to start bringing the other folks in?

 

Hyperman: Soon, chapter 2 is done and I just need to edit, chapter 2 is also very long.

 

Lady Devimon: I hope you know what you're doing.

 

Hyperman: You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED!

 

Darien's Dream (Hidden Chapter 1)

By

Hyperman

 

 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!" Darien woke up screaming, his bed sheets soaked in sweat. Darien stared into the darkness of his room gasping for breath; unaware of anything. Not even his Digimon, who was shaking him. "Wake up Darien, snap out of it!" Lady Devimon said, and finally had to slap him to get his attention. In the darkness of his room, Lady Devimon's ruby red eyes glowed softly. Darien stared at the twin pools of red, before he hugged Lady Devimon and started to cry; Darien hugged her tightly, almost to tell himself that she was really there. Lady Devimon gently returned the hug. Lady Devimon continued to hug Darien, while talking in soothing tones. Soon his cries became gasps and eventually stopped. Darien had been having nightmares for the past week and they were finally beginning to take their toll on the young man. While it was true that Lady Devimon had her own room, she often slept in the same bed with Darien. She really only used her room to take care of personal matters or when she wanted some alone time. It was nothing new though, after all they had slept together for almost nine years, since Darien was six.

 

Having regained most of his senses, Darien realized just how close he was to Lady Devimon and almost had his face buried in her chest. It didn't help that Lady Devimon had turned her costume into a black camisole and that meant that only a thin piece of cloth separating him from flesh. Darien quickly untangled himself from their hug and got out of bed. "Are you okay now, Darien?" Lady Devimon asked, and Darien could hear her getting out of bed too. Darien thanked the powers that be, that he was wearing long draw string pants and that the lights were turned off. Darien quickly left his room, not answering his I'll leave it at partner and going outside for some fresh air. Lady Devimon sighed, and held out her elongated arm. The arm slowly began to shrink to the size of her normal arm; the hand, fingers, and finger nails did the same. Satisfied, she got out of bed and headed for the kitchen. She knew Darien had gone outside and went to get something for him to drink. Opening the refrigerator door, Lady Devimon got a root beer off the top shelf, she preferred real beer herself, but he was only fifteen and didn't drink anyway. `He needs a good jolt.' Lady Devimon thought to herself, snickering as she looked around the kitchen for a shadow. Moonlight spilled in from the window over the sink and cast plenty of shadows. With a smirk she stepped into the closest one and vanished.

 

Outside on the porch, Darien was sitting on a bench staring at the moon in deep thought. The stars were shining and the Digi-gnomes glowed brightly, as they played in the night sky of the Digital World, where Darien and Lady Devimon lived; they were so luck to find an unoccupied house in the Digital World, almost as if it was made for them. The cool air felt good on his skin, since he wasn't wearing a shirt. `Why do I keep breaking down like that?' Darien asked himself, `It's embarrassing, acting like that in front of Lady Devimon; she's probably laughing at me for acting like such a baby.' Darien pondered for a moment, before shaking his head. `No, she isn't like that, but the dreams feel so real that it scares me.' Darien's musings were cut short; when he felt something cold and wet touch his back.

 

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!" Darien screeched, while jumping off the bench. He spun around to see a white hand materialize out of the shadows with a bottle in its hand. The hand was followed by the rest of Lady Devimon, who had a grin on her face. When Darien had turned around, Lady Devimon noticed that he had black cat ears, a tail, and his eyes had yellow irises. Darien had gotten those along with some other things from Lady Devimon, when they had a little "accident." If he ever became too excited or startled, he would go "cat" as he called it; but only if he wasn't in this particular form by choice. Lady Devimon held out the root beer to the glaring cat-boy, who took it before he looked at the rest of her and turned around blushing. Lady Devimon smiled to herself, she always liked to tease him, because he was starting to notice her and she liked to see the expression on his face when he got embarrassed.

 

Darien continued to stare at the moon, while he opened up his root beer and began to drink. It was bad enough in the bed earlier, but she surprised him and made him go cat. Darien saw the grin on her face, she was only trying to cheer him up; but after he took the root beer did he remember that she was wearing a camisole and turned away. Lady Devimon always liked to flirt and tease, so Darien tried his hardest not to blush. The dream was bad enough, but breaking away from Lady Devimon's hug was in a way, worse than the nightmare, but in a good way. "You're getting sloppy Darien; normally you would have noticed the change in temperature, even in regular human form." Lady Devimon said, and Darien tried to ignore her while drinking his root beer. "Sit down and tell me what is bothering you Darien." Lady Devimon said, but Darien continued to ignore her. "Sit down and tell me what is wrong with you Darien, before I make you." Lady Devimon said, in a tone that held no room for argument. Darien sighed, and sat down beside her, but avoided making contact with her face and other body parts. His tail wrapped itself around his waist when he sat down and he felt Lady Devimon's hand on his shoulder. "I didn't mean to say it like that Darien, I'm just worried about you, that's all." Lady Devimon said, and gently squeezed his shoulder. Darien took her hand in his and gently squeezed back, "I'm sorry, but I have something on my mind." Darien said, before turning to look at her and gave her a weak smile. "You mean the dreams?" Lady Devimon asked, and Darien nodded his head. "Would you please tell me about them Darien, I want to help anyway I can." She said sincerely, and Darien looked away from her. "I have no wings," Was Darien's reply, and Lady Devimon looked at him with a puzzled expression on her face. "What do you mean by that?" Lady Devimon asked, and Darien turned to look at her again. "I mean I have no wings to fly."

 

Darien stood up from the bench and placed his bottle on the rail of the porch. Then he turned around to face Lady Devimon and got a nice view of her chest since she was leaning forward slightly. Suddenly, a pair of leathery black wings spread from his back and wrapped around his shoulders like a cloak. Darien let them spread to their full six foot length, as they blacked out the moon light, save for the light that shown around him. Lady Devimon starred at him, years of training had given him lean, hard muscles, coupled with the way he looked now made it hard for her to believe that he was crying a few moments ago. Darien's voice knocked her out of her out of her little dream. "In my dreams I'm always flying high in the sky without a care in the world. All of a sudden, my wings fail me and I start to fall into darkness." Darien let his wings wrap around his shoulders again, as he turned back around and took another sip of his root beer, before he continued. "When I wake up, I'm in a glass tank floating in green water. All around me there are others with me. Humans, hybrids, and other Digimon and were all in a lab of some kind. Some of us are in cages, some are strapped to tables, and others are in tanks like me. Whatever the stuff is, it slows down my movements and takes away my strength. There is even a Kyukimon trapped in one." Darien said, as he took another drink from his bottle. Lady Devimon listened, while she stared at Darien's back muscles and watched them tense. `A Kykimon is an Ultimate level digimon, with sickles for hands.' LadyDevimon thought to herself, before noticing that Darien had stopped talking and was staring out into space again. "What happens next Darien, tell me?" She asked, "Well, I notice that some of the people are the kids from the TV show and that some are people we know." Darien said, and Lady Devimon cocked an eyebrow, "You mean Tai, Kari, and Angewomon?" Lady Devimon asked, and Darien chuckled a bit. "Yeah, the kids from the TV show." Darien knew that Lady Devimon had a long standing rivalry with any angel digimon, but she really didn't like Angewomon. When she saw the two fights from the TV show, she said the only reason that Angewomon and her Slyphiymon form won, was because the poor Lady Devimon on the TV screen got distracted. Darien turned around and leaned against the railing, he looked past Lady Devimon as he spoke. "Then, this man comes into the lab and I can't see his face, because it's in the shadows; but I can see his smile." As Darien spoke, the cat ears on his head flatted back, his eyes became feral, and his tail unwrapped itself and got bushy. Darien flexed his fingers and they sprouted claws, in his mouth were a pair of sharp looking fangs. "He was smiling at me like the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland, Lady Devimon and I don't like one bit, I hate him with all my heart!" Darien said vehemently, before he calmed down and took another drink of his root beer. "He likes to torture things Lady Devimon, especially women. He likes to force himself on them, the kitsunes and feline digimon the most." That caught Lady Devimon's attention, "I'm I one of those women Darien?" Lady Devimon asked softly, "NO! I'd never let him touch you, I'd kill the bastard if he even thought about it!" Darien said, with anger in his eyes, which really caught Lady Devimon off guard and made her feel better too; not that she needed Darien's protection. She smiled at Darien a bit and Darien blushed, turning away a bit. "Besides, you aren't in the dreams." Darien said, and took another sip of his root beer. "What happens next in your dream Darien?" Lady Devimon asked, and Darien began to look uneasy. "If you feel uncomfortable, then you don't have to tell me." Lady Devimon said, but Darien shook his head no and continued. "You remember Alice McCoy, don't you?" Darien asked Lady Devimon, and she nodded her head. "The man has Alice strapped to a table for everyone to see and I could see the fear in her eyes, we all were afraid for her too. We all tried to break free from our cells and tanks to help her, but it was no good. Alice was covered in a blanket and when he removed it, her stomach was huge! Alice was pregnant! The man took a piece of chalk and began to draw a line down the middle of her stomach. All around me I could hear the others screaming for him to stop and I joined in as well. Suddenly, I began to feel my strength coming back suddenly and I broke the tank I was in. I got up and tried to tackle the man, but suddenly the area he and Alice were on began to float in the air. The man took out a scalpel and before I could do anything, he started to cut her stomach open!" Darien said, with a wild look in his eyes; his breaths came out quicker as he talked and Lady Devimon got up and grabbed him by the shoulders. "Darien, you don't have to tell me this, please stop." But Darien didn't hear her and kept talking. "He cut open her stomach and she started to scream like nothing I'd ever heard before and then he reached into her stomach and pulled out a crying baby. Alice was alive the whole time and she was looking at the baby with love in her eyes, but then she died. I got so mad that I flew up to kill the bastard, but before I could something grabbed me and held me in the air. The man looked at me while he held the baby in his bloody hands, and he started to laugh. Then I felt the force turn me around and I was staring into the face of the D-Reaper! The guy threw Alice's child into the D-Reaper's waiting jaws and I tried to get free to help the child, it's no use and the D-Reaper eats the child. Then the D-Reaper begins to wrap those weird cords around my wings and begins to slowly pull. It was so terrible, the pain that I wanted to die. The D-Reaper pulls the wings out of my back and it hurts so much that I can't cry out, or move. All I feel is pain and then a black pit opens up in the ground and the D-Reaper throws me in while the man laughs. As I fall, I finally find my voice and scream." Darien said before crying again, and Lady Devimon got up and hugged him.

 

"Darien, it was just a bad dream. Alice is okay and she certainly isn't pregnant. Your mind is just playing tricks on you." Lady Devimon said, trying to calm him down again. Darien shook his head in her shoulder, "I couldn't save Alice, or her child, or myself; because I don't have wings." Lady Devimon thought for a moment, stood up and made Darien do the same. Lady Devimon turned Darien around, until his back was facing her. "What are you doing Lady Devimon?" Darien asked, as she placed both of her hands on either side of Darien's wings and began to slide her hands up and down the sides. Darien closed his eyes and let out a sigh, it felt good when she did that. "Do you feel this Darien?" Lady Devimon asked, and Darien replied with a nod. "Your wings are still here Darien and they aren't going anywhere. You just dreamed it all, you can take off and fly right now if you want to. Like I said earlier, it was just a dream, you're probably upset because we're going to the cemetery today; the D-Reaper is gone and it can't hurt us or anyone every again. I'm here for you no matter what and I'm not going to leave you, always remember that Darien." Lady Devimon said, and Darien turned around and gave Lady Devimon another hug. "Thanks for listing Lady Devimon, the dreams felt so real and I didn't know what to do. I also thought that you would laugh at me for being so weak." Lady Devimon did laugh then, and Darien frowned. "I would never laugh at you because of something like that Darien, you're one of the strongest people I know and besides, if your wings ever did fail you I would be there to pick you back up." Darien looked into Lady Devimon's eyes and smiled, "You promise?" Darien asked, and Lady Devimon smiled herself, "I promise." She said, and then she watched the expression on Darien's face change. "Do you know that I consider these wings a gift, back then when I was dying and you were trying to save me, that all I could think about was never getting a chance to see your eyes again?" Darien asked Lady Devimon, all she could do was stand there in shock; Darien had never told her this. "So when I got these wings I promised myself to cherish this gift, because you gave them to me." Darien said, as he looked into her eyes and was over come with a feeling. Lady Devimon continued to stare into Darien's eyes, she saw the compassion and love that he had.

 

Lady Devimon and Darien continued to stare into each others eyes, unable to turn away. Having never broken their hug, just moving a little so that they could look at each other; the two friends were only few inches apart from each other. Lady Devimon absently reached up and brushed braid from Darien's face. The feel of Darien's hand on the small of her back made Lady Devimon shiver, as they drew closer. Neither knew who made the first move as their faces tilted and they closed their eyes, but it happened. Lady Devimon and Darien kissed, letting their emotions speak for them, even if they didn't know what those emotions were.

 

Lady Devimon looked at herself in the full-length mirror in her room. After they kissed, Darien said he was sorry and went back into his room. Lady Devimon went to follow, but decided against it. Now she was in her room trying to sort out her feelings. `I look the same, but I feel so different,' Lady Devimon thought to herself, she concentrated on her camisole and the material shifted and warped, until it resembled her leather costume. Now fully clothed, she once again stared at her image. `I still feel different, why did I kiss him and why did his words and the looks in his eyes affect me so? I never knew that he felt that way, but even before then, all the times he cried hurt me too. But when we kissed, I felt like nothing else mattered, except for that moment.' Lady Devimon continued to ponder and then thought of something, `could what my mother said about people being stronger together be true?' Confused, Lady Devimon turned her costume back into a camisole and tried to get some sleep in her bed, `It felt really good though.' Lady Devimon thought to herself, as she drifted off into nothingness.

 

`Why did I kiss her?' Darien thought to himself, as he paced around the room. `When I kissed her, it felt really good, but then I started to think about Nancy and Zoe, and then my thoughts got so messed up!' Darien thought as he plopped back down on his bed and clapped his hands. The lights cut off and Darien was once again starring into the darkness. Darien licked his lips, he could still taste her there, and Lady Devimon tasted like Spearmint flavored Scope. Darien liked the taste of spearmint, but tasting it on Lady Devimon made him like it even more. `I don't know if Zoe even likes me like that, but I have to tell her how I feel and I know that I have feelings for Lady Devimon too, but what kind of feelings? It felt like I was cheating on Nancy, even if we never kissed and she is dead, but it doesn't matter; god I don't what to do.' Darien tried to sleep, as he continued to ponder, but just before sleep claimed him, he licked his lips again. `It felt good though.' He thought with a smile on his face, and finally went to sleep.

 

Darien woke up with a huge yawn, as he stretched to get the kinks out of his body. Darien scratched the back of his head, as he got out of bed and opened up the blinds on his window. The light flooded into the room and blinded the poor boy, who cursed himself for not thinking as he clutched his eyes in pain. Slowly, he opened his eyes, letting them get used to the light. Darien didn't like any light coming into his room at night, so he put special blinds up that blocked out all light. Darien looked around his room, staring at the various items he acquired while traveling all over the Digital and Real worlds. Darien's eyes settled on a picture that was taken on a trip to England, where Darien and Lady Devimon stopped a rampaging Digimon. Darien frowned, as he stared at the other two people in the picture, besides him and Lady Devimon. In the picture, Lady Devimon had her arms draped over the shoulders of a man dressed in red flowing jacket with long black hair and burning red eyes. The man was grinning in the picture, showing off the white fangs in his mouth and Lady Devimon grinning too, except she was wearing the man's red, wide-brimmed hat and yellow sun glasses. In the background of the picture, Darien was in full hybrid form and had a large 30mm cannon aimed at Lady Devimon and the man, Darien referred to as "Al". Unfortunately, the young police girl with spiky blonde hair, red eyes, and a nice chest was wrestling Darien for control of the cannon; she won. After Darien had become a hybrid, it attracted all sorts of unwanted attention. Al and police girl confronted Darien and Lady Devimon about being evil demons, Darien and Lady Devimon tried to convince them other wise, but ended up fighting.. Fortunately for Al and police girl, the whole matter was settled before they got hurt too badly. After explaining why they were in England, the four teamed up, tracked down the evil digimon, and Lady Devimon loaded its data after Al did his whole demon dog thing on the Digimon. As a memento, Al gave Darien a pair of black pistols and Lady Devimon was the one who decided on the picture. They had gone back to where Al and police girl lived and explained to the lady they worked for, whom Darien thought was a guy at the time, everything that had happened. So the lady had her butler take a picture of the four. When Lady Devimon put her arms around Al's neck Darien was over come with jealousy for some reason, and tried to take Al out; you guys know the rest. Darien turned the picture over and stared at the two black pistols hang Al had given him, they had the logo of the organization Al worked for on the sides. Darien had them hung over the wall of his dresser, having since removed the triggers, springs, and clips, they were now harmless. Darien had another pair made out of Chrome Digizoid, as well as the bullets too. This made the guns more powerful than the ones Al had, even thought they were both still 13mm. Darien had no special attacks, even though he had super human strength, he couldn't take on an Ultimate level Digimon, so the guns would provide him with a little protection. `The bitter sweet memories.' Darien thought to himself, as he left his room.

 

Darien heard the television on in the living room, he saw Lady Devimon on the couch watching a talk show. "Did you get enough sleep Darien?" Lady Devimon asked, `Not even a good afternoon Darien.' Darien thought to himself, "I got enough to make it through the day." Darien said, as he stared at her. "Lady Devimon, about last night, I…" Lady Devimon cut him off, "It was nothing Darien, just forget about it, I already have." Darien was shocked, `How can you say it was nothing!' He thought in his mind, but smiled and said, "Yeah, we should forget about, we're still friends right?" Lady Devimon turned and smiled at him, "One little misunderstanding isn't going to ruin our friendship Darien, now get something to eat and get dressed; we need to get going." With that, Lady Devimon turned back around and continued to watch her show, as Darien went into the kitchen to get something to eat. `I guess I deserved that, after I pushed her away like that, but why can't I stop thinking about last night?' Darien thought to himself, as he munched on his cereal. `What is it that I'm trying to say to her?' In the living room, Lady Devimon's mind kept replaying the kiss, `What is it that I want to say to him, he's just my friend and partner, nothing more!' Lady Devimon thought that it didn't sound very truthful, but refused to listen to the voice in the back of her head.

 

"Are you almost ready, Darien?" Lady Devimon asked from the living room, just as Darien was looking at his hair. "I'm having trouble with my hair." Darien replied, and heard the sound of Lady Devimon running towards the bathroom in his room. When Lady Devimon came in the bathroom, she stopped and stared at Darien. Darien was dressed in black, from his shirt to his shoes, but what Lady Devimon was starring at was Darien's hair. While Darien did not have special attacks, he could control the length of his hair and make it move on its own accord; Darien could also do that with his tail, but sometimes it seemed to have a mind of its own and would do things with out Darien thinking about it. Right now, Darien had his hair unbraid itself and the result was a big wooly bush of hair. Lady Devimon blinked once, before she started to giggle and then fell on the floor, laughing and pointing at Darien. "I'm going to start calling you Black War Afromon, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" Lady Devimon continued to laugh, to the point of passing out. Darien glared at her, before turning to look at himself in the mirror again. He concentrated on his hair and the wooly bush came alive, first the hair pulled itself tight and then it began to wrap around other strands of hair, until finally, Darien had a set of straight braids running down to the middle of his back. Satisfied with the way he looked, Darien stepped over Lady Devimon, who had finally calmed down and went to go put on his black trench coat. Darien put his two black pistols in the holsters he had attached inside the trench coat. It was true that things had calmed down from three years ago, but you could never be too careful. Darien looked at his partner, who had since then picked herself off the floor and walked over to the computer on his desk. Darien typed a few keys on the computer and a gate appeared on the screen. "Well Lady Devimon, let's go!" Darien held out his digivice and shouted, "Digi-Port Open!" Darien and Lady Devimon were engulfed in a flash of blinding light, before they landed in a garage. Since the defeat of the D-Reaper, the data streams that zipped across the Digital World were finally stabilized and Digital Gateways could be made. Darien had an Infomon make one from his home to his secret garage, where he and Lady Devimon kept their vehicles. Actually, they belonged to Lady Devimon, who was a car freak. When Lady Devimon first started to live with Darien, Lady Devimon accidentally scared a guy on a motorcycle and left his bike. Curious, Lady Devimon mimicked what she saw the biker do and took off on his bike. Lady Devimon could fly, but the feeling she got from riding on the motorcycle was nothing she ever experienced, it was like flying without leaving the ground. After that, Lady Devimon learned everything she could about cars and motorcycles; she even learned how to fix them too. Since Darien's father wouldn't buy her one and Darien said that it would be wrong to keep the motorcycle of the guy she scared, Lady Devimon could only dream of owning one; that didn't stop her from taking joy rides in Eddy's Caprice though.

 

Lady Devimon had two different vehicles, a panda style Toyota Trueno and a black Behemoth motorcycle. Darien had a canary yellow Geo storm. The duo stared at the three vehicles, "Let's take Behemoth Darien, I'm sure he wants to get out as much as I do!" Lady Devimon said with a grin, and her motorcycle revved itself up in agreement. Behemoths are not ordinary motorcycles; they are machines of the Digital World and seek out strong riders to tame them. If you aren't a strong rider, it will take you over and force you to ride them until someone knocks you off it's' seat, or you die from exhaustion. Unlike many, Lady Devimon found and tamed her Behemoth and loved to ride it when she was bored. Darien too, could ride it, but it seemed to like Lady Devimon better and only tolerated Darien. "No, let's take the Trueno; the last thing we need is for some idiot to hop on Behemoth and go on a rampage." Darien said, making both Lady Devimon and Behemoth sad. "I'll ride you later Behemoth, when I get back we'll go for a spin, I promise." Lady Devimon said sweetly to the bike, and Behemoth revved up in agreement. Darien shook his head, `She really loves that bike.' He thought to himself, as Lady Devimon opened up the doors and got in on the driver's side, while Darien sat in the passenger side. As a rule, whoever was driving got to choose the music, so after she started the engine, Lady Devimon popped in a CD and chose a track. Darien pressed the release button on the garage door opener and waited for the garage to open up. As it was opening, heavy metal music began to play. Darien and Lady Devimon both began to nod their heads in sync with the music. Mean Machine! Mean Machine! Chanted Darien and Lady Devimon along with singers, as they exited out the garage and into the streets, the garage door closed automatically.

 

Darien really only came back home to go visit at the cemetery and check up on his friends and family, not that he let them know. "Let's go to Fauna's Lady Devimon." Darien said, and Lady Devimon nodded her head, as she continued to drive. Since the D-Reaper was defeated, everyone knew about Digimon, so it was okay for Lady Devimon to come out in the open; not that it or Darien's hybrid form didn't cause problems some times. It was a religious fanatic, a demon hunter, or a tamer and their digimon causing some kind of problem.

 

A Japanese girl with a katana, who thought Darien, was a chiropractor, or a chalupa has hunted Darien and Lady Devimon; Darien really couldn't pronounce the word, but Lady Devimon stabbed her in the gut, after she almost killed Darien. Surprisingly, the girl survived, but Darien's enhanced senses told him she wasn't human either, but she was not a hybrid. Then there was the time a girl in a red hood and an Uzi in her hands attacked them. Lady Devimon could sense the same dark heart in the girl, as that of an evil Digimon, but Darien knocked her out, tied her up, and turned her over to the police. Of course there was the random encounter with a Tamer, who thought he or she could take out Lady Devimon and they had to battle. In the end, the Tamer and Digimon went home with bruised bodies and egos. Then there was the battle between the five magical Japanese girls in sailor uniforms and of course there was the confrontation between Al and the fight with that crazy Irish priest with the bayonets, but that is another story.

 

Lady Devimon pulled into the parking lot and Darien got out, reached into his trench coat, and put on his black sunglasses. Darien walked up to the building, already he was picking up the sent of fresh flowers and both Darien and Lady Devimon also sensed something else, a digimon. Darien stopped and pulled out his digivice. Darien pushed a button on it, and a 3-d holographic image of a digimon appeared. `Floramon, a rookie level Digimon with a sunny disposition. Her Rain of Pollen attack will send her enemies into dream land.' Darien read to himself, before putting his digivice in his pocket and holding up his hand. It was Darien's signal for Lady Devimon to stand down; if it was just a rookie he could handle it.

 

Darien walked up to the entrance of the flower shop and cautiously walked in. "Thank you for coming and come back soon." Said a squeaky female voice, as Darien stepped out of the way of a customer who left with a fern in her arms, `I guess everything is okay, I'll just see what's going on.' Darien thought, and then walked forward. When he walked over to the counter, he saw the Floramon helping Fauna with flower arranging. The Floramon looked up from what she was doing and tugged on Fauna's apron. "So you're what I sensed, you don't look like any digimon I've ever seen before." The Floramon said, as Fauna turned around. Fauna immediately smiled at when see saw Darien and he did the same. "Welcome home Darien." Fauna said, coming around the counter and giving the young man a hug.

 

"So I'm guessing that this Floramon is yours, right Fauna. Darien asked, after he returned the hug. Fauna grinned, and produced her pink digivice, "She came in less than a year ago and has been with me ever since." Fauna said, before returning her digivice to its proper place. Fauna was a cheerful young woman, with straight shoulder length red hair, brown eyes, and porcelain white skin. She was about 5'6, 18 years old, and was the only person in Tennessee who knew Darien's secret. She was wearing a short-sleeved blue and white striped shirt and blue jean shorts. When the D-Reaper attacked again three years later, Darien and Lady Devimon returned home to fight it and in the process, found Fauna about to be killed by D-Reaper agents. Darien saved her, but got hit with an energy blast in the back; Darien was in his hybrid form at the time and reverted back to human. That was when Fauna recognized Darien as the boy who always came in and bought three different sets of flowers each year around late spring. When he woke up, Lady Devimon had carried him and Fauna to a safe location while he recovered, and told his story. Fauna is the only person who knows how Darien got his hybrid form. "So how are things going with you and Lady Devimon, you look like refried shit Darien, are you feeling okay?" Fauna said, that southern accent, it took Darien three years before he got the accent and the slang out of his voice. "We're doing fine I guess, and I've been having real bad nightmares about things." Darien said, staring off in the distance. Fauna had gone to get the dozen roses, irises, and marigolds that Darien always came for. Floramon looked at Darien like he was crazy. "You have a Lady Devimon for a partner; do you have a death wish or something?" The little flower child asked, as Fauna came back around the counter and rang up the flowers. "You don't know her like I do, Lady Devimon is my best friend and I've known her for about nine years. I met her when I was six and she was always there for me." Darien said, with a ghost of a smile appearing on his lips; Fauna saw this, while she wrapped up the flowers, as Darien continued to tell Floramon about his partner; when Darien was finished, he had full blown smile on his face. "Well the only Lady Devimon I know is pure evil and if you want to live a long life, I suggest you ditch her." The Floramon said, and Darien laughed at her, "She would probably take that as a complement, but Lady Devimon is not like that. My Lady Devimon is strong, caring, and noble. She can be a bit rough around the edges, but she means well. Besides, you wouldn't have Fauna for a partner, if my Lady Devimon hadn't saved her a year ago; isn't that right Fauna?" Darien asked Fauna, who was laughing at the look on Floramon's face. "It's true Floramon, if I hadn't met either of them, I wouldn't be here today." Floramon looked between Fauna and Darien, before crossing her leafy arms on her chest. "Well, if she saved Fauna then I guess she can't be all that bad." Fauna handed Darien the three sets of flowers, "That will be twenty-five dollars and sixty nine cents." Fauna said, as Darien reached into his wallet and took a twenty and ten, handing them to Fauna, who gave Darien back a five-dollar bill. "Thank you for your business and try to visit more often." Fauna said, as Darien turned to leave with the flowers. Before he could go, Fauna called to Darien and he turned around to listen. "Let me give you a little piece of advice Darien, a woman does not like to be kept waiting, if you don't say something you'll regret it." Darien gave her a puzzled look, before shaking his head and walking out the door. Fauna just giggled, while Floramon looked confused. "What was that all about Fauna?" Floramon asked her partner, who was looking out the window. "Darien is in love with his partner, but he either hasn't said anything to her or is in denial about his feelings, that piece of advice I gave him means that he should tell her how he feels before someone else comes along and takes her away." Fauna told the stunned Digimon. "That kid needs to get his head checked out and fast!" The Floramon said, shaking her head and Fauna just laughed. "You never saw the look Lady Devimon gave Darien when he was hurt, she also has the same feelings and I hope they tell each other soon." Fauna said, before she and Floramon went back to work.

 

Back in the car, Darien looked out the window and was thinking about what Fauna said, Lady Devimon broke his train of thought. "What did you say, Lady Devimon?" Darien asked her, "I said, you know who is going to be there and will want you to come back. What I want to know is if you are going to tell him about your hybrid form." Lady Devimon said, and Darien got real quiet before lifting up his right had and letting his claws pop out. "If he can't deal with the thought of you being in the same house, how do you think he's going to react when I show him this?" Darien asked Lady Devimon, who got the message. "Hang on Darien." Lady Devimon said with a smile, as she got on the interstate; and Lady Devimon hit the accelerator, matching speeds with the rest of the traffic. Darien was used to this sort of thing, but he also liked to go fast. Soon, they were coming up to an off ramp that curved; you were supposed to slow down to fifteen miles, but Lady Devimon continued to go the same speed. Since no one was in front of them, Lady Devimon jerked the steering wheel and hit the brake going into the curve. Instead of winding up in a ditch, the car drifted perfectly around the curve at a sharp angle and Lady Devimon straightened the car, before exiting the off ramp and merging with traffic. Drifting was one the things Lady Devimon loved to do and was grinning from ear to ear; Darien just shook his head.

 

Lady Devimon parked the car in the parking lot, before she and Darien got out of the car; Darien with the three bouquets of flowers. Lady Devimon let out a sigh, for one who ended the lives of so many Digimon, it was very hard to come and visit the graves of those she considered family. Darien put Nancy's bouquet in his trench coat pocket like he always did and nodded to Lady Devimon. Lady Devimon disappeared in the blink of an eye, actually she teleported to a location where she could keep an eye on Darien. Darien stared at the open wrought iron gates to Belmont Cemetery and sighed, before he entered; doing this was never easy.

 

While it was true that Digimon could walk freely among humans now, it was better for Lady Devimon to stay in the shadows when Darien was at a cemetery or hospital. Seeing a fallen angel in those places scared the hell out of people, especially the elderly. The first time Lady Devimon and Darien came to pay respects at Belmont, they ran into an old man who thought Lady Devimon was the Angel of Death, come to take him away for his sins. The old man actually ran away and the next the man's face was on the front page of the paper. Apparently when he was younger, the man killed a woman and framed someone else for the deed; he confessed to the crime and is now serving life in prison. As for the hospital, that is another story.

 

Well the same thing happened this year, just like the two prior years before. Eddy asked Darien to come home and Darien wanted to know if Lady Devimon was welcome. As usual, Eddy said no and the two began to argue, Lady Devimon stepped in when she saw that Eddy was about to hit Darien. The two began to argue again, before going their separate ways; Both Darien and Lady Devimon went to visit Nancy's grave. Lady Devimon didn't care who saw her this time and walked with Darien. At the grave, Darien and Lady Devimon talked and later cried together, when the memories of the three women came back. When a Tamer and Digimon become close, they sometimes pick up on each others feelings; Darien and Lady Devimon's case, it was the memories of losing Ceil, Lena, and Nancy. As Darien and Lady Devimon walked back to the car, they were both struck with a familiar sensation, as Darien's digivice began to beep like mad; Digimon were in the area and they were powerful.

 

Darien took out his digivice and a modify card, while Lady Devimon got into a fighting stance; Darien shifted into his hybrid form too and pushed a button on his digivice. Before he could read the 3-D message, a female voice said his name. Both he and Lady Devimon turned to the source of the voice, which was a middle aged looking black woman and flanking both her sides were a Jijimon and Babamon. The middle aged woman had short brow curly hair and a squat body. She was wearing brown sandals, a purple shirt, and blue jean pants. "Grandma…" Darien began, but was cut off, as the woman suddenly rushed forward and trapped them in a vice like grip. The woman was crying and tightened her grip between sobs; Darien was truly glad to be a hybrid right now, because his back would have been broken by now.

 

When the woman was through crying, she finally let go of them both and Darien popped his back into place, while also putting up his modify card and digivice. The two Digimon with Darien's grandmother walked up to the three and waited quietly. "I'm so glad you two are alright, your father said that Lady Devimon kidnapped you, but I knew that was a lie." Darien's grandmother said, and Darien could feel his temper reaching its boiling point. Sensing this, Lady Devimon changed the subject. "So Adie, long time no see; aren't you going to introduce us to your partners." Darien stared at his grandmother in shock, `My grandma is a Tamer?' Darien asked himself, as he looked at the two Digimon.

 

Adie Jones smiled and held up her yellow digivice. "This is Jijimon and his wife Babamon," Adie said, and the two Digimon stepped forward and shook Lady Devimon and Darien's hands. Both Digimon were about four feet tall and old, Jijimon looked like a grey-haired human with a staff and Babamon looked like an old woman with a broom. Both Jijimon and Babamon were also Mega level Digimon and belonged to Adie. Adie herself, was older than she looked, at sixty-five, the woman looked like she was in her mid to late forties and moved just the same. After the two Digimon exchanged greetings with Darien and Lady Devimon, Adie began to speak again. "So tell me Darien, what have you two been up to that would make you run away from home?" The older woman asked, and Darien got nervous, "Well…" Darien began, and scratched the back of his head; his tail came around and did the same thing. Adie's eyes got wide and she reached out to touch the black tail. That was when she noticed that Darien had a pair of black cat ears on his head. Darien froze with fear, he forgot that he was in hybrid form, when he and Lady Devimon sensed the two Digimon and stayed that way. "What happened to you Darien is this why you left home?" Adie asked, in a whisper and Darien drew his tail back from her grasp. "I can't tell you right now, it isn't a good time. Can we please talk about this later?" Darien asked backing up, he was pleading with her. "Don't go Darien; I want to know why you left home and why you look like this." Adie asked, and Darien shook his head, "I can't, it's too soon, but please don't tell anyone; I'm not ready yet!" Darien said, the panic in his voice rising; Lady Devimon sensed this and placed a hand on his shoulder, it helped a lot. Adie could see the desperation in his eyes, as he struggled to remain calm. "Okay, if I do keep quiet how do I know that you'll come back?" Adie asked, she wasn't going to say anything, but wanted to hear Darien's answer. She watched Darien's panic turn to stone resolve. "You have my word, I promise to come back and I'll give you the location of where I live if you don't believe me." Darien said, and took out a piece of paper from his trench coat and wrote down the location, before handing it to her. Adie accepted and put it in her pocket. "So when do you want to do this?" Adie asked, and Darien thought for a moment. "Give me a week, we'll come over and talk on Saturday in the afternoon; I'm going to be busy all week until then." Darien said, and lightly smacked Lady Devimon's bottom with his tail, when she was about to say something. "Okay then Darien, but if you can, please try to come Friday so I can fix you and Lady Devimon dinner." Adie said, and gave Darien a warm hug and a kiss on the cheek, "I love you boy and don't you ever forget that, you can tell me anything." Adie said, and Darien returned the hug and could feel tears sting his eyes. "I love you too grandma and I… have to get out of here!" Darien said, breaking the hug and taking off. He could hear Adie and Lady Devimon's protests, as he let his wings come out and took off into the sky for some fresh air. "Please take care of Darien and don't let him get hurt, you be careful too honey." Adie said to Lady Devimon, giving her a hug. Lady Devimon returned the hug, "I promise and don't worry, and this is just a little too much for Darien to take in at once. He really did plan on telling you, but things kept getting in the way and Eddy didn't help things much either." Lady Devimon admitted. "So, what exactly did happen to Darien? Those ears and tail look an awful lot like yours when you're Black Gatomon." Adie observed, and Lady Devimon smiled. "Sorry, but I won't say anything unless Darien gives the okay. Jijimon and Babamon, you take care of yourselves and Adie or you'll deal with me." Lady Devimon said and the two Megas nodded their heads, as Lady Devimon turned and leapt into the air; a pair of black-feathered wings burst from her back, as she flew off to find her missing partner. "If you fix your famous fried chicken I'll have Darien come Friday." Lady Devimon said over her shoulder, she wanted to ease the tension Adie had to be feeling right now. "DEAL!" Adie shouted, as Lady Devimon became a dot in the sky.

 

Adie felt tired all of a sudden, Jijimon and Babamon sensed this and helped her to a bench, where she sagged down and her hands began to tremble. "Are you okay Adie?" Jijimon asked, while Babamon fanned Adie with her broom. "I'll be fine in a minute, I just need to rest." Adie said with a smile and patted Jijimon's hand. "You grandson has strange tastes in partners, Lady Devimon are said to be amongst the most evil Digimon ever, but she seemed to be an exception to the rule." Babamon said, and her husband agreed with her. "I know, but damn is she fine!" Jijimon said, and that got him a whack on the head from Babamon's broom handle. Adie laughed a little, while Babamon went back to fanning her. `I just came to visit Ceil, Lena, and, Nancy's graves; but after three years of wondering, Darien and Lady Devimon finally return home. Darien has changed though, and now I've lost him again; I suddenly feel like an old lady.' Adie thought to herself, as tears began to well in her eyes. Adie took a handkerchief from her purse and wiped her eyes, this was no time to be all weepy. Adie was the head of the Jones family and she had to act like it, her eyes hardened as she began to plan for next Friday; she didn't even notice that her hands had stopped trembling.

 

It felt good to see his grandmother again after so long, but Darien had not counted on her seeing him in his hybrid form. Darien believed that she wouldn't say anything, but when she gave him that hug again, it did something to him, it brought out feelings he had been suppressing for three years and he had to leave. Darien flew into the air, ignoring his grandmothers pleas to come back, Darien had to get away and think; things were moving so fast that nothing made sense anymore. All of a sudden, Darien heard Lady Devimon's voice and he flew faster, but he may as well been trying to out fly his shadow. Lady Devimon easily matched his speed and flew with him. "GO AWAY!" Darien yelled, but Lady Devimon grabbed him with her elongated arm and wouldn't let go. "LET ME GO!" Darien screamed, while he continued to struggle, but Lady Devimon had pinned both his arms and wings together with her hand and held him in mid-air. Lady Devimon passed her normal hand over his face and said, "Sleep." Darien struggled, but his movements became sluggish, his eyelids became heavy, and Darien's head sagged forward. Lady Devimon sighed, as she looked around her and spotted a building with a billboard facing away from the sun. Lady Devimon flew to the building and landed softly, so not to wake Darien up; she carried Darien over to the shadows and sat down, laying his head in her lap. Lady Devimon studied the sleeping boy's face; it was a stark contrast to when he was awake. Lady Devimon gently moved a braid out of his face and stared at his peaceful expression, `He looks so cute in his sleep.' Lady Devimon thought to herself, as Darien continued to slumber. Lady Devimon stared out into space, "So what's going to happen now?" She asked herself, and of course she didn't get an answer.

 

Darien awoke with a yawn, "So you finally decided to rejoin the living, huh Darien?" Lady Devimon asked her partner, who was now staring up at her, or to be more accurate, her chest. Darien quickly removed his head from her lap and stood up. Lady Devimon did as well, leaning against the billboard. "Sorry for bolting like that Lady Devimon, I just couldn't handle being so close to her in this form, I wasn't ready yet." Darien told Lady Devimon, and she nodded her head. "I know; I felt it though our link." When a Tamer and a Digimon become close, they form a link. Through this link, Tamer and Digimon can feel each others feelings when their close and a Tamer can feel their partners' pain when their Digimon is hurt. Lady Devimon could sense the panic in Darien when Adie hugged him again, so she didn't fault him for flying away. "I'm sorry I yelled at you too, you didn't deserve that Lady Devimon." Darien said apologetically, and Lady Devimon waved her hand. "No biggie, I know you were just upset, I got a good way to relieve that stress too." Lady Devimon said with a smirk, before she got into a fighting stance. Darien looked at her, "I really don't feel like sparing today Lady Devimon." Darien told her, ever since he got some of her data, Lady Devimon sparred with Darien daily; actually she's been sparring with him since he was six and a Darien became a really good fighter before he got her data. "What's the matter little boy, afraid you'll hurt me?" Lady Devimon asked, with an innocent look on her face. Darien's ears flatted against his head, as he bared his claws and fangs. "STOP CALLING ME THAT!!!!" Darien said with a roar, before he leapt at Lady Devimon. Lady Devimon didn't counter, but blocked his attacks; Darien really hated to be called a little boy. Lady Devimon continued to block Darien's punches, kicks, and claw swipes before she began to dodge instead. They continued like this for the rest of the day, Darien continued to press his attack, until he finally began to tire, then Lady Devimon decided to end their little dance with a sweep of her leg. Darien found himself on his back and then he felt his arms pinned, as Lady Devimon was suddenly on top of him. "You lose, little boy." Lady Devimon said, smiling down at him. Darien struggled, but knew that he couldn't budge from her grip; actually he didn't want to since they were so close. Darien got an idea and brought his legs in-between Lady Devimon's arms and pushed forward. She wasn't expecting that, and Darien used the momentum to disengage her grip and pinned Lady Devimon instead. "Looks like you lose." Darien said, panting and Lady Devimon gave him one of her smiles, if she wanted to, she'd get loose. "Now that you got me, what do you want to do with me?" She asked in a husky voice. Darien wanted to kiss her again, but then his stomach started to growl. Darien replied with a grin. "Get off you and get something to eat!" Lady Devimon gaped at the laughing boy, as he ran to the edge of the building, jumped off, and took flight. `I can't believe he just did that, but as long as he's smiling again its okay.' Lady Devimon thought to herself, as she got up and flew after him. `Why can't I just tell him how I feel?' Lady Devimon asked herself, with a sigh.

 

Having eaten ten pizzas, five for Darien and five for Lady Devimon, the duo returns to the cemetery and get in the car. When they get to the garage, Darien went over to the computer, while Lady Devimon got on Behemoth and went for a ride. After sitting down, Darien goes logged into the Digimon website then he typed in his user name, password, and clicked on the chat room icon. There was nothing new going on, but Darien did have a personal e-mail addressed to him. "It's from Alice McCoy." Darien said to himself, as he clicked on the e-mail icon and the message appeared. "Please meet me in the private chat room, Alice." Darien clicked on the personal chat room icon, `I wonder how long she's been waiting for me?' Darien asked himself, as he began to type.

 

Hyperman: What's up Alice, I hope you haven't been waiting for me all day. Darien typed and sent it off, he waited for a minute and sure enough Alice sent him something back.

 

Goth Girl: I needed to talk to you about something really important and I don't know who else to talk to. Darien sighed, before he began to type, if he was wrong he would be making a big fool of himself.

 

Hyperman: I guess congratulations are in order, I assume you haven't told anyone else? Darien waited for a reply.

 

Goth Girl: I never told you I was pregnant, how did you know? Darien snorted, before he typed his answer.

 

Hyperman: I had a dream about it, why haven't you told your father?

 

Goth Girl: I don't know how my dad is going to react when he finds out I'm pregnant, I didn't know who else to talk to and I just felt so alone. "That's not good." Darien said to himself, as he typed his response.

 

Hyperman: I'm here for you, the first thing you need to do is calm down, everything is going to be all right. The next thing we need to do is go see Shibumi tomorrow and he can be of more help than I can.

 

Goth Girl: You know the child is going to be a hybrid!?

Darien also had a good idea, of who the father was.

 

Hyperman: The child is Dobermon's isn't it?

 

Goth Girl: Yes. I don't know if dad will love the child like I will and I'm not about to have an abortion. "Now that just plain silly," Darien said out loud, but thought for a moment. `I'm not going to be giving birth to a child though, so there is no telling what going on in her mind. I have to be careful.'

 

Hyperman: I'm glad to hear that, but I don't think your father is going to be like that, I met him and he seems like a nice guy. You might get scolded, but I don't think you have anything to worry about; on the very slim possibility that he does get mad, you can come to Primary Village. The people there are really nice and they always love to help those in need.

 

Goth Girl: I would like that very much!

 

Hyperman; Good, I was planning on going there tomorrow with some other Tamers, after I went to see Shibumi. That way, we can kill two birds with one stone.

 

Goth Girl: Thank you so much, I don't know how I can repay you.

 

Hyperman: Love your child and protect her with all your heart. By the way, when are you going to tell your father?

 

Goth Girl: I guess tomorrow.

 

Hyperman: Do you want me and Lady Devimon there for support?

 

Goth Girl: I would like that very much.

Darien sighed, as he typed.

 

Hyperman: We'll be there then. I have a personal question to ask you Alice. If you don't want to answer it then don't.

 

Goth Girl: Go ahead.

 

Hyperman: How did you know that Dobermon was the one for you? Darien waited for a reply, but got nothing instead. `Man, she's either writing a novel, or logged off. I hope I didn't offend her.' Thought Darien, just as the next message appeared, and it was long.

 

Goth Girl: I guess because I always loved him, even when he was just part of a game. A part of me felt he was real; I raised him from a Digi-egg on the game and cared for him with all my heart. One day I played with him on the game and he got hurt and I felt his pain, that's when I knew he was real. One day, he never showed up on the game and the game said he was deleted. I was so sad that I started to wear black and I didn't speak to anyone. No one wanted to be around me and I didn't want to be around them. That was when I realized just how much I loved Dobermon, more than just a friend or a partner, but that I truly fell in love with him. I cried myself to sleep that night and wished he were here in the real world. The next morning I woke up and Dobermon was sleeping at the foot of my bed. I thought it was some dream too good to be true, but it wasn't; Dobermon was real and I was so happy that I woke him up with a hug. For the rest of the time we had together, I was happy and so was Dobermon, he had the same feelings for me that I had for him. But then the D-Reaper appeared and we were summoned by the Souvenir of the Digital World. They explained to us that the other Tamers could Biomerge with their partners to Mega in the Digital World, but couldn't do it in the Real World, because the Tamers were no longer made of data. So they chose Dobermon to carry the necessary data for the Tamers to Biomerge, but it would cost Dobermon his life. I was so sad, because I didn't want to lose Dobermon again, but if I didn't then two worlds would perish. It was the hardest thing to do, but it had to be done. I had already lost Dobermon once and I didn't want to lose him again; I truly did love Dobermon, so before we left the Digital World, Dobermon and I made love all night, and I promised him that I would always look after and protect our child. Then he died the next day, so we could all live. I'm glad that I was able to meet Dobermon, because Dobermon was my true love. Darien could have done without the mental image of Alice and Dobermon doing the Horizontal Hello, but decided not to type a comment about that. A lot of the things she said made sense though, so he could understand why she wanted to keep a part of Dobermon, if only she could have been a few years older though.

 

Hyperman: I think I understand, do you want me and Lady Devimon to come over now?

 

Goth Girl: No, talking to someone really helped and I think I'll be ok until tomorrow.

 

Hyperman: Good, I really think you should either eat something or go to bed; if that doesn't work, go for a walk or do something constructive.

 

Goth Girl: I'll be fine. By the way, why did you ask me about how I felt about Dobermon? Darien blushed, as he typed.

 

Hyerman: Well, the reason I asked you is because I have feelings for my partner, Lady Devimon and I don't know how to approach this.

 

Goth Girl: What do you like about her?

 

Hyperman: Well, she is fun to be around and I can't stop thinking about her. Lady Devimon is smart, strong, and beautiful. But I don't know how she feels, Lady Devimon is always sending mixed signals, she loves to flirt and show off, she has always been like that.

 

Goth Girl: Sounds like you really love her.

It took Darien some time to come up with an answer, but then he got another message from Alice.

 

Goth Girl: Judging from how long it is taking you to respond, I guess I hit the nail on the head? Darien typed a fast response.

 

Hyperman: I don't know, I mean we kissed and all this morning, but I started to think about another girl I like and I just panicked and ran to my room. Lady Devimon blew it off like it was nothing, but today we sparred and she pinned me, then I pinned her and I just wanted to kiss her and I think she felt the same way. I can't get this out of my head and I needed to talk to someone my age about this, and you were the only one around.

 

Goth Girl: You got it bad for her, don't you? I think you should follow your own advice and tell her how you feel.

 

Hyperman: What if she rejects me or laughs at me!?

 

Goth Girl: I was faced with the same problem, but if she really is your friend and doesn't love you like you love her, then she will respect your feelings.

 

Hyperman: And if she doesn't?

 

Goth Girl: Then I suggest you get a couple of cases of beer and have at it. Darien laughed at that comment.

 

Hyperman: Thanks for the advice; you really helped me out here. What time should we pick you up tomorrow?

 

Goth Girl: What ever time is right for you. Good luck with your partner.

 

Hyperman: Thanks. And I'll phone you when were ready. Good bye.

: Hyperman has logged out:

: Goth Girl has logged out:

 

Darien sighed, as he logged out of the web site and shut down the internet. He had a lot of things to think about. Alice was pregnant, so at least one part of his dream was real. Then there was the fact that he had feelings for Lady Devimon, but did he also have the same feelings for Zoe. Then there were the dreams, Darien felt like they were some kind of warning, but to what? The D-Reaper was gone, so what could the dreams have been about? `Man, I really owe Dobermon a lot. If it had been Lady Devimon who had to sacrifice herself, I would let both worlds be destroyed or if I could, I'd have sacrificed myself, because Lady Devimon means so much to me. I think that I…' Darien's musings were cut short by the sound of a motorcycle engine and the garage door opening. Lady Devimon road in on Behemoth and parked the motorcycle, before she got off and patted the seat. "We had a good ride today Behemoth! Let's go out again tomorrow!" Lady Devimon said, as the motorcycle revved in agreement. "So what's new Darien, and why do you have such a serious look on your face?" Lady Devimon asked, as she walked towards her partner. Darien looked at his partner, before he answered. "You remember my dreams don't you?" Darien said, as Lady Devimon nodded, "I just got an e-mail from Alice McCoy today and we've been talking for a long time. Lady Devimon, Alice is pregnant with Dobermon's child." Darien told his stunned partner. "Has she told her father yet?" Lady Devimon asked, and Darien shook his head no. "No, she wants us to be there with her when she breaks the news tomorrow and then we're going to see Shibumi about her pregnancy and my dreams. Is that okay with you?" Darien asked Lady Devimon, and she nodded yes. Darien stood up and smiled, "Good, then we need to get ready tomorrow and…" Before Darien could finish, he stumbled forward and began to fall, but Lady Devimon caught him and held him in her arms. "What's wrong Darien, are you okay?" Lady Devimon asked her partner and he weakly put a hand on her face. "Lady Devimon, I…" Darien said, before blacking out.

 

When Darien awoke, he was lying in his bed and his partner was sitting next to him, with a look of concern in her eyes. "What happened to me and why did you devolve back to Black Gatomon?" Darien asked the little black cat. Black Gatomon looked exactly like Gatomon, but had black fur, purple stripes on her tail, purple gloves, purple tuffs on her ears, yellow eyes, and a black tail ring. "After you collapsed, I felt energy leave my body and I reverted to my Champion form. I decided to take you home and opened the digi-port myself; you've been asleep since then." Black Gatomon told Darien, and he nodded. "How long have I been out?" Darien asked, "For three hours, its ten o'clock right now." Black Gatomon responded. Darien couldn't believe it, to him it only felt like a few minutes and he did feel refreshed. Darien tried to get up, but Black Gatomon put a paw on his chest. "You stay in bed Darien; I'll get what ever you need." Darien cocked an eyebrow, "I need to use the bathroom and I want to take a shower. I mean, we sparred the rest of the day and I stink." Darien said, while getting out of bed and heading for the bathroom. Darien's stomach began to rumble and Darien stopped mid stride. "If we have anything in the fridge, could you heat it up for me?" Darien asked, and Black Gatomon nodded, as she left the room while Darien took a much needed shower.

 

After getting shower and filling his belly with left over take out, Darien headed for his room with Black Gatomon behind him. Darien hung his trench coat in the closet and started for bed, when he got woozy and started to fall. Black Gatomon caught him and carried him to his bed. Despite her small size, Black Gatomon could easily toss a car in the air, as well as leap several stories. Her tremendous power came from her tail ring and that made her a tremendous force in battle. Black Gatomon laid Darien on the bed and waited for him to wake up.

 

Darien woke up a little while later and looked at his partner; he could sense her worry and put a hand on her shoulder. "I guess I was still a little weak, but I'm okay now Black Gatomon. Really, I just got a little woozy is all, but I'm all better." Black Gatomon's eyes began to get teary. "Its all my fault that you're like this, if I hadn't goaded you into that fight today you wouldn't be like this right now." Black Gatomon said, tears began to flow and Darien wiped them away. "It's not your fault I got like this, I'm glad we sparred, because I really needed to let off some steam. Things are starting to move fast that I just don't know what to do. I've been so stressed out lately and things just got out of hand, I bet if I take it easy and get more than a few hours of sleep things will be fine." Darien told his partner, "Really, you don't blame me for this?" She asked, and Darien shook his head. Black Gatomon gave him a hug and he returned it. "I didn't mean to worry you." Darien whispered, still holding her in his arms and wiped a tear from her face. Black Gatomon smiled weakly at him, "I should probably go, so good night." Black Gatomon said, while breaking their hug, but Darien's tail shot out and grabbed her own, before she could hop off the bed. Black Gatomon turned and looked down at the tail, before turning to Darien.

 

"You don't have to go Black Gatomon, I don't want to be alone." Darien said, as his tail let go of hers. "I don't want to be alone either and I guess I better be here in case you have anymore nightmares." Black Gatomon said, while going back to her usual spot on the bed next to Darien. Darien clapped his hands and the lights turned out, as he and Black Gatomon settled in for the night. "Good night Black Gatomon," Said Darien, "Good night Darien," Said Black Gatomon, snuggling closer to Darien and they both drifted off to sleep, glad to be in each others company again.

 

That night, as they slept, Darien began to dream. He was flying high without a care in the world; nothing else mattered to him. He enjoyed the feeling of the wind blowing through his hair, as he made a nosedive. Faster he plummeted and just before he hit the ground below he spread out his wings and let the draft give him lift. Once again soaring in the sky, Darien let out a yell of happiness and being one with the wind. Darien continued to fly without a destination in mind, when the sky began to grow dark. Darien saw this and looked for a place to land, but there wasn't one, the darkness had covered everything. Then Darien's wings began to fail him, getting heavier and heavier. He tried to flap them, but they wouldn't work and Darien fell, screaming into the darkness.

 

When he woke up, Darien was in a glass cylindrical tank, filled with green liquid. Darien tried to move, but it felt like the liquid was sapping his strength; Darien could barely move, but he could breathe somehow. Then Darien looked around him, he was in some kind of lab and there were other tanks as well, inside the tanks were Digimon, humans, and hybrids. There were also cages with Digimon, humans, and hybrids as well; Darien noticed that some of the captives were the kids from the television show and some other children that Darien had never seen before. Then, a light appeared, a door opening! A man walked thorough the thresh hold, but Darien couldn't make out his face, just the sick smile that shown in the dark. Darien instantly felt an overwhelming urge to kill the man, like he was evil incarnate. The man went over to a table that was covered with a white sheet and removed it. There, strapped to the table was Alice McCoy and her stomach was huge. Alice looked at Darien with pleading in her eyes, as the man lifted up her shirt and began to draw a dotted line down the center of her belly. Alice's eyes looked terrified, as the man picked up a scalpel. Darien and those in the room began to scream at the man, telling him to stop what he was about to do, although Darien and the others in the tanks screams came out as glubs and gurgles. Darien began to beat on the glass tank; he could feel his strength returning and cracks began to form along the glass. The tank shattered and Darien was free, falling on the cold, wet floor and coughing out the strange liquid. Darien stood up and ran for the man, but the area that Alice and the man were on began to float in the air. The man placed his scalpel on Alice's belly, but before he could make a cut, a black shape knocked the man away from Alice; the man feel to the ground screaming and broke his neck when he hit the floor. `Good riddance.' Thought Darien, as he looked over at the dark figure, which just saved Alice, the figure cut her bonds, picked her up, and jumped off the floating platform to Darien below. Darien could not believe it, it was Lady Devimon!

 

Lady Devimon smiled at Darien, while she sat Alice down. "I told you I'd be there for you, if you ever needed my help Darien." Lady Devimon told her partner. Darien smiled back, "Lady Devimon I, LOOK OUT!" Darien screamed, as Lady Devimon and Alice were both hit by the man, Alice went flying into a wall and the sickening sound of her neck snapping echoed through out the lab. Lady Devimon went down in a heap, Darien became angry and tried rushing the man, whose head was hanging in an odd way. `His neck is broken, so why the hell is he still alive?' Darien asked himself, as he reached the man and tried to swipe the man with his claws. The man laughed at Darien and slapped him away like he was an insect. Darien crashed into the tank he broke out of, shards of glass sticking in his body. The man laughed, as he walked over to Darien, picked him up by his throat, and socked him in the stomach. Darien threw up blood and tried to catch his breath, but it was no use. The man then slammed Darien down on the ground, breaking bones all over his body. Darien couldn't scream, the pain was too intense. `Something's wrong, he shouldn't be this strong!' Darien tried to move, but the man kicked him in the ribs, breaking them instantly; then he rolled Darien over and grabbed him painfully by his wings. The man broke them, before ripping them out of his back and Darien finally found his voice. He screamed until his voice gave out and he wanted to die. The man lifted Darien up by his neck again and pulled back his fist. "DARKNESS WAVE!" Screamed Lady Devimon, as hundreds of flaming bats struck the man in his back. The man let go of Darien, as he was slammed into a wall by the attack. "Darien!" Lady Devimon said, as she rushed forward and cradled his broken body in her arms. Darien smiled weakly up at his partner; he could always count on her in when things were bad. Darien was about to say something, when a shadow loomed over them, Lady Devimon was hammered in the face, as the man punched her and knocked her away from Darien. "No." Darien said weakly, as the man grabbed Lady Devimon by the throat and began to pummel her in the face. Lady Devimon screamed and tried to block the thunderous blows, but it was to no avail. "You can't die Lady Devimon, I won't let you!" Darien screamed, as he tried to get up. Broken bones be damned, "You promised me that you would always be there for me. You can't die, I love you too much!" Darien said, as he crawled forward. The man stopped hitting Lady Devimon and her around, so that Darien and Lady Devimon could look at one another. "Lady Devimon." Darien said, reaching for her and she did the same, a ghost of a smile on her lips; even though she was bloody and broken, her red eyes still shown brightly. "Darien, I…" Lady Devimon was about to say, but the man squeezed her neck, cutting off her air supply. The man's eyes began to glow pink, as he tightened his grip on Lady Devimon's throat and began to laugh. `Oh god no, he can't be the D-Reaper?' Darien thought, and Lady Devimon's struggling form knocked Darien back to reality, she was dying. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Darien screamed, as the light in Lady Devimon's eyes began to fade. "Darien, wake up!" Said a female voice and Darien woke up to some one shaking him, but he still saw Lady Devimon dying; the light faded from her eyes and she began to delete. "Don't leave me, don't kill her! Lady Devimon, don't die!!!" Darien screamed, and felt someone slap him in the face. Darien sat there and rubbed his face, when he finally realized that he was back in his bed and Black Gatomon was safe. Darien held her in his arms, as she tried to calm him down; Darien never realized just how important Lady Devimon was to him, until he thought he'd lost her and only then did he realize that he truly loved her for more than a friend and partner. Darien was going to tell her his feelings, but not tonight. The dream was still too fresh in his mind and he couldn't go back to sleep, so Black Gatomon told him to look at her and her yellow eyes were glowing that beautiful red that Darien loved so much. As he stared into them, the world became black. As Darien faded into the darkness, he heard Black Gatomon speak, "You will dream of better times and be plagued by nightmares no more and everyone you ever loved will be there with you. Sleep now." Black Gatomon said, and the darkness clamed him. Darien woke up in a forest, the sun was shining through the trees, the air was cool, and all was right with the world. Darien slipped into his hybrid form, as he walked along the forest, when he heard someone call his name. Darien searched for the source and came into a clearing. Darien stared, not believing his eyes; Ceil, Lena, and Nancy were alive and they were telling him to come over. Darien looked and saw that his father, grandmother, her two Digimon, and all Darien's friends were there as well. In the background Abraham Lincoln, a black guy dressed like a golfer, and an alligator that had its arm around the black guy were waving at Darien. Darien continued to stare, not sure what do, when he felt a familiar hand on his shoulder. Darien turned and saw Lady Devimon smiling at him; Lady Devimon took Darien's hand and pulled. "Come on Darien, everyone's waiting for you." Lady Devimon said, pulling him with her. `If this is a dream god, please don't wake me up.' Darien thought, as they joined the others and Darien felt happy.

 

Meanwhile, in another dimension, in another Digital World, a Gazimon was running for his life. It was night time, so he couldn't see very well, as he continued to run. The grey rabbit Digimon tripped on a tree root and went down hard. The Gazimon quickly got up and began to run again, he could not afford to be killed, the others had to know. "CANKER SORE!" A voice said, before the sound of a gun going off could be heard all over the forest. The Gazimon cried out, as his back leg began to hurt and he fell on the ground again. The pain was too much, as he clutched the injured limb. Suddenly, figure appeared in front of Gazimon and the rabbit Digimon tried to scoot back, but bumped into a tree. "Don't kill me, please!" The Gazimon asked the dark figure, who walked towards it with it arm stretched out. "Where did they go, the other Gazimon?" The figure asked, "I can't tell you that, if I do they'll kill me!" The Gazimon said, and the figure stepped down on the Digimon's injured leg. The Gazimon screamed, as the figure grabbed him by his throat and slammed him into the tree, where he was held. Then, the Gazimon found a gun pointed at his face. Even in the darkness, the Gazimon could see that the gun had eyes and a mouth. "What makes you think we won't kill you, now talk!" The gun demanded. The Gazimon nodded his head the best he could, "Me and the others were supposed to meet up in Mobius Desert for a drink at a bar, before meeting up with the boss at Oasis Village." The grey rabbit told the talking gun. "What's so important that your boss wants you to go to Oasis Village, and how do you get there?" Said the person holding the talking gun and the Gazimon said. "I don't know; only the lead Gazimon of my group knows the way." The Gazimon said honestly, and the figured dropped him. "Where is the lead Gazimon going to be tomorrow?" The figure asked again, "At the saloon in Dusty Town." The Gazimon replied, and the figure pointed the talking gun at him. "I thought you weren't going to kill me!" The Gazimon said, while starring at the talking gun. "We lied, CANKER SORE!" The gun said, before a bullet shot out of its mouth and into the head of the rabbit, deleting it instantly.

 

"I guess were going to Mobius Desert tomorrow, huh Frank?" The gun Digimon asked his partner, as they made their way to a clearing, so they could camp for the night. "Yup, and tomorrow we're going to make Zeedamon pay for stealing my crest and Digi-egg." Frank said, as he began to laugh and twirl his partner around on his index finger. "Damn it Frank, you're going to make me sick!" The gun Digimon told his partner, who stopped twirling him. "Sorry Contramon." Frank said sheepishly, as he put Contramon in his shoulder holster and started to make camp for the night.

 

 

 

`END OF HIDDEN CHAPTER 1

 

Hyperman: And that is the end of Darien's Dreams. I hope you all enjoyed it.

 

Lady Devimon: You better confess your love for me, or else!

Yakuzamon: Good things come to those who wait.

 

ToyAgu: (Blushes) I think you and Lady Devimon should have more make out scenes, as a matter of fact, give all the kids make out scenes!

 

Flora: Why not just ask Hyperman to make an Adult Digimon Saga?

 

ToyAgu: Good Idea!

 

Flora: I was just kidding you pervert. I swear you only read these stories for the sex.

 

 

 

Hyperman: ACK! What the hell are you two doing here? You're Rocker Starlight's muses.

 

Flora: But you're having a character based off of War Humon, so that means that he is the co-property of Rocker Starlight. So that means we own half of Digimon Saga.

 

Hyperman: (Sighs) I guess there's no getting around it, but I'm not writing hentai.

 

ToyAgu: (Sulks)

 

Hyperman: That doesn't mean that there won't be steamy scenes though.

 

ToyAgu: (Huge Grin)

 

Flora: (Sighs) Well, now on to the terminologies, Hyperman also got this idea from Metal Etemon 27.

 

Hyperman: MY DAWG!

 

Flora: (Sweatdrops) Al, police girl, the butler, the woman Darien thought was a man, and the crazy Scottish priest are Alucard, Seres Victoria, Walter, Sir Integra Hellsing, and Paladin Alexander Anderson from Hellsing, as well as the butler, Walter, and the girl Darien thought was a man, Sir Integra. Abraham Lincoln, the black golfer, and the alligator are from the movie Happy Gilmore.

 

Hyperman: When I first saw her, I thought she was a guy. The voice and lack of a chest threw me off, until later episodes.

 

Flora: (Huge sweatdrop) The Trueno is from Initial D. The girl in the red hood is Baby Bonnie Hood from Dark Stalkers. The five magical girls are the Sailor Scouts from Sailor Moon. The girl with the katana is Saya from Blood the Last Vampire and the name Darien couldn't pronounce is Chiropterans, they are the vampires from Blood. Mean Machine is a song from Sugar Ray and that is the only line that Hyperman really understands. Expect more anime themes in later chapters.

 

Yakuzamon: Darien as finally admitted that he has feelings for Lady Devimon, now all he has to do is tell her, but does she feel the same way?

 

Lady Devimon: I do!

 

Yakuzamon: The audience already knows that. But as Lady Devimon and Darien sleep, Frank and Contramon meet a new Chosen. Can this new Chosen help Frank and Contrmon defeat Zeedamon? Stay tuned, oh and you other guys might show up as well.

 

Hyperman: That's it people read, review, and no flaming, or I hurt you. The party is over people, go home.