Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Summer Vacation ❯ Break! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Digimon: Summer Vacation

xXMAttackXx
*MadLab*

Ages:

Yolei:16

Kari:15

Ken:15

Davis:15

TK:15


Chapter One: Break!

It was the last day of school. Kari was sitting in her desk, simply waiting for the bell to ring. While the young girl sat, she pondered about what to do over the summer, "Maybe we should go on a cruise. No, too extravagant. Or maybe—" She was interrupted by a friends voice.

"Kari!", her friend brought her back to Earth quickly.

Kari looked at him, "Huh? Davis".

He nodded, "Yeah, that's me. Hey, the bell rang. Schools out".

Kari left the classroom the with Davis following close behind. They were almost lost in the crowded hallway. An all too familiar voice shouted from within the chaos, "Kari!".

Kari turned to find her other friend, she finally found him making his way through the other students, "Hey TK!".

TK almost fell down as he got to her, "Wow. You think this could get any more hectic?"

The three friends did the best they could to get out of the school. Kari looked at TK, "TK, what are you doing this summer?".

TK adjusted his hat, "Well, I could go to my grandmother's".

Both Davis and Kari stared at him with raised eyebrows.

"Ok, no grandmother. Maybe we can go on a trip or something", TK recovered himself.

Kari smiled, "Yeah the whole group! It would be fun".

TK looked at Davis then back at Kari, "The whole group?".

Kari missed TK's gesture, "Yeah, think about it. You, me, Ken, and Yolei".

Davis jumped from behind them, "And Davis!".

TK and Kari looked at each other with unsure expressions.

Davis hung his head, "I see...". He suddenly put an arm around both of his friends, "Thanks guys your the best!".

Kari, Davis, and TK walked together to the student parking lot. There they met with Yolei. Kari ran ahead of her male companions, "Yolei!".

Before Yolei could respond, Ken came running out of nowhere. Davis stopped him, "Yo Ken, where's the fire?"

Ken was breathing heavily, "Oh, nothing. Are you guys ready to go?".

Yolei observed him, "Why are you in such a hurry?"

"I'm excited and ready to get out of school", Ken said regaining his composure.

Yolei shrugged her shoulders, "Whatever. All right everyone, lets go".

"Shotgun", Kari called out. The gang all got in Yolei's SUV. Yolei driving, Kari in the passenger seat, and the guys in the back with Ken in the middle. It was a sleek white Expedition like vehicle. It was the cleanest car you've ever seen, except for a blue stain on the floorboard; this was on Davis' account, he spilt a raspberry slushy one day and never got around to cleaning it up. One of Yolei's uncles owns a car dealership and he got her a pretty good deal. Yolei drove out of the parking lot and got on the highway.

Yolei adjusted the rearview mirror, "So Ken, what were you running from?"

Ken looked up quickly as he was caught off-gaurd, "Me? Running? I don't think I was running".

"Listen Ken, I play soccer and you were running", Davis responded poking Ken on the shoulder.

Kari looked over at Yolei, "Yolei, where you thinking about going anywhere this summer?"

"Well, there was this one place I really wanted to go to", Yolei said with her eyes on the road.

"Where?", Kari asked.

"I wanted to go to America", Yolei told her.

"AMERICA!?", Ken, Davis, and TK added their thoughts.

Yolei looked at them in the mirror, "Yeah, is something wrong?"

Kari shook her head, "No. America is great. You know what, I wanted to go too".

"Kari's right", TK said betraying his brethren.

"I have an idea," Kari looked at her friends with a smile, "lets all stay at my house tonight."

Yolei nodded, "Cool."

"Yeah," Ken added.

TK leant back his seat, "Good idea."

Davis nearly jumped out of his seat, "WHAHOO YEAH!!!".

Yolei struck him with a bamboo stick, "Sit down your gonna kill us all or get me pulled over."

As Yolei neared the Kamiya residence she slowed to a stop. Everyone got out of the car and followed Kari into the house. As they entered, the lights were off and no one was home. "Kari, where is everybody?", Yolei asked her friend.

"Dad took mom on a business trip with him and Tai moved out. You should call your parents and tell them your staying over here," Kari answered as she turned the lights on.

Yolei went through her purse, "I've got to go to the grocery store. Kari, you want to come?"

Kari looked at Davis, "I have to make sure nothing breaks here. Sorry".

"I'll go", Ken volunteered.

Yolei pulled out her keys, "Cool".

Davis ran to Ken, "All right Ken. What I'm about to tell you is very important. We need some cheese doodles, soda, popcorn;cheeder and caramel", Davis wondered away as he tried to think up every possible food article he could, " ice cream; vanilla and chocolate swirl, and some pizza, butterfingers, kit-kats and-"

Kari interrupted Davis' list, "Davis. They left".

Davis looked around franticly, "Stealthy character, that Ken".

Kari laughed, "So, what do you guys want to do?"

Davis thought about Kari's question. "You...heh...heh", Davis thought to himself.

TK's fantasy was a little different. "I want to have a romantic dinner with you", he thought, "Ah".

Kari looked at the daydreamers, "Guys?"

"Yes,", Both Davis and TK answered.

"We could watch TV", Kari suggested.

"OK", both agreed.

***

Meanwhile Ken and Yolei were on their way to the grocery store. Yolei looked over at Ken, who was looking out his window, "So, what do you think about going to America?".

Ken looked up from the window at Yolei, "I don't know...I've never been there".

"There are a lot of nice people and great places there", Yolei said pulling into the grocery store parking lot.

Ken pulled the lever to open the door. "Well in that case, I can't wait", he said trying to sound excited.

"Ken, wait", Yolei said looking at the steering wheel.

He let go of the lever, "What's up?"

Yolei was fidgeting with her fingers, "Uhh...Ken do you like someone...maybe more than a friend?".

"Well...I kind of like this girl...", Ken said unsure of himself.

Yolei adjusted her glasses, "Oh...who is she?".

"She's the most beautiful girl in this car", Ken said in an attempt to flirt.

Yolei smiled and leant over to Ken's side, "Your too kind".

Ken grinned, "I'm being serious".

Yolei lit up inside, "Ken..."

"Yolei...I've got this feeling in my stomach", Ken said, still unsure.

Yolei put her arms around him and pulled him close, "Just go with it". They're lips met, and for that moment they were in their own heaven.

End of Chapter One