Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Tamers: Emerald Knight ❯ Challenge from the Past ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Digimon or any of its characters. Green Lantern is owned by DC Comics.

DIGIMON TAMERS: EMERALD KNIGHT

PART 4

A CHALLENGE FROM THE PAST

It has been two days since Ganthet and Takato had their fateful meeting. In that time Rika has tried to corner the goggle headed tamer to answer her questions. Every time she thought had Takato trapped he manages to escape. Rika is still uncertain if she should believe that Takato is now a super hero. Although since her conversation with Henry she has bought several of the Green Lantern comics.

Renamon watched her tamer fail in another attempt to corner Takato. She chuckled. The boy was quite good at escaping Rika's grasp. He managed to leave himself just enough room to use his ring with out Rika seeing him do so. Curious about Takato's new power Renamon decided to have a talk herself with him.

Takato in the mean time is sitting on the roof of his school. Wiping his forehead, he smiles. It had been another close one. He knew that he should tell the rest of the tamers what he was now. But Takato already knew that if Rika or the others knew then they might want a try with the ring. `Rika definitely would. And I don't want to even think what Kazu might do with it.' Thought Takato. He was still in thought when he heard something behind him. Takato turned around, his ring glowing brightly.

"Oh its you Renamon. What do you want?" asked Takato.

Renamon blinked at Takato's reaction. "That's an interesting ring you have Takato. Where did you get from?"

"Oh around. Was there something you wanted or are you just stalling me for Rika." Takato said.

"Rika doesn't know where we are. As for what I want. I am merely curious as to your new found powers. You did not have them during our struggle with the d-reaper." Renamon said calmly.

Takato grinned. "I know. I'd like to tell both you and Rika Renamon, but if I did Rika might try to use my ring. And I'm still getting used to it. Besides knowing Rika if I gave her the ring she'd probably create a giant Sakuyamon to squash me for running away from her."

Renamon chuckled. Takato did have a point there. Although if Renamon knew her tamer, Rika was more likely to make Takato promise not to do anything dangerous.

"Perhaps. But we won't give up until we get the answers we seek." Said Renamon.

A sudden explosion interrupted any more conversation that Takato and Renamon might have had. Takato took off instantly his clothes transforming into his uniform. Renamon watched him go. A bemused smile on her face. It looked like her answers would have to wait.

Takato flew as fast as he could. As much as he hated to admit it Takato was glad that the explosion had interrupted his talk with Renamon. When this was all over Takato realized that he was going to have to think of something to say to both Renamon and Rika. It was a confrontation that Takato was not looking forward to.

"First things first." Takato mutters.

Seeing the cause of the explosion Takato shook his head. A road accident was not a pretty thing to look at. Two cars had crashed head on. Both their drivers were unconscious. But it was the fire the crash had started that had Takato worried. Using his ring Takato quickly pulled the drivers from the accident out of their vehicles. After making sure the drivers were safe Takato encased both cars inside a giant bubble. He did so just in time. No sooner had the bubble finish forming then the fire each a puddle of gasoline leaking from one of the cars. Luckily the force bubble contained the massive explosion.

When it was all over Takato was flying back home with a huge smile on his face. The crowd around the car crash had made a big fuss over his rescue. The press had been there as well. Luckily Takato thought to use his goggles as a mask so no one would recognize him.

The DC Universe. A short time after the zero hour crisis.

Parallax frowned as he floated in space. This was not right. OA should be right where he was. But instead there was nothing but space. Wait, there was a small trace of the green energy. But that was impossible. The only ones that could use the green energy were him, the guardians, and the corps. But the corps was gone now. So were the guardians he had seen to that. Or had he? A guardian might have survived. If one had then the sole survivor had indeed been desperate to stop him.

"Not that it matters. I have more than enough power left to follow the energy trail." Parallax said.

Nearby Ganthet watched in great concern. Takato would soon be in great danger. The new Green Lantern was still too inexperienced to handle Parallax. Measures would have to be taken. In a flash Ganthet headed to Earth.

Flying over what was once Coast City Superman stared at the wasteland in despair. He had no idea that Hal would have been so desperate to set things right. But now the Green Lantern Corps was gone. Weeks earlier Superman and the Justice League thanks to STARLABS had discovered that the planet OA was gone as well. `It seems as if the very legacy of the guardians is gone. John and Guy are the only two from earth that really know what the corps was like.' Thought Superman.

"Greetings Superman."

"Ganthet! I thought that all of the guardians had died." Exclaimed Superman.

Ganthet shook his head. "No. I alone survived. I created one last power ring and then I took it upon myself to destroy OA so that no more damage could be done."

"Then why are you here now? And what happened to this last ring? No one in the galaxy has mentioned some one using one." Question Superman.

"All of your questions will be answered shortly, but first we must hurry. There are others that I need to collect. Come."

With that Ganthet took hold of Superman's arm and they both vanished in burst of green light.

Gotham City, atop the one of the many buildings Batman watched his city. If there is one thing that the criminal element of Gotham City should be thankful for that night, it was that Batman was for once too preoccupied. The dark knight was grateful that Robin and Night Wing were patrolling the city as well.

"Batman."

Batman growled. "What do you want Superman?"

"It is not what he wants, but what I want." Ganthet said.

"So a guardian did survive. Wonderful, but why are you here?" asked Batman.

"I am collecting heroes for an important mission. The protection of the last Green Lantern."

"Very well. But I want some answers about a few things." Said Batman.

"You'll get them." Superman said.

Some time later Ganthet and selected number of heroes followed Parallax out of their reality.

The Tamers Universe.

Parallax was surprised that when he had followed the energy trail that he had wind up on another Earth. He had quickly changed his appearance so no one would recognize him. Parallax had very little power left but he knew where he could get some more. Some where nearby was a power battery. And oddly enough a working power ring as well. Curious about this new turn of events Parallax or rather Hal Jordon walked slowly into the city of Shinjuku.

TO BE CONTINUED…