Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon TZ: The Beginning of The End (Original) ❯ Teamwork? Ha! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Digimon or anything else in this story 'kay.

A/N: Since I don't have that HTML editor all thought from now on thoughts are in those funny little signs which I don't know the names to.(<>)

Digimon TZ: The Beginning of The End
Episode 3: Teamwork? HA!

by: Gennai's Apprentice

In DeviDramon's Castle on Infinity Mountain...

"GENNAI!!!"

"Yes Master?"

"The Digidestined have one of their Digimon back, that is not acceptable at all!"

"My apologies Master. They have proven to be stronger than ever before, even without their Digimon! They've managed to survive, but they won't survive much longer, Master."

"See to it that it happens as you say, or else..."

"As you command my Master!"

***********************************************************************< br />
As the group was walking through the forest Izzy started thinking. He wondered why Sora's chest glowed with her Crest of Love, then he remembered the fight with Apoclymon and that thing of hatred and grief destroyed the Digivices and the tags and crests. As soon as he answered that question, he asked himself about that black Digivice that Tai had told everybody about. <Is it possible that Gennai has recreated the Digivices?> He then turned around to ask Jenji, "Jenji, did you ever see him making something like those black Digivices?"

"It is possible that he did, after all, he was one of the DigiKeepers."

"Who were the DigiKeepers?"

"Long ago, evil slowly took over the Digital World. To combat this, the first group of DigiKeepers were gathered together. They were an elite group of Digimon as well as other Data types like Gennai and me, with no attributes. They started planning and working on ways to re-balance the forces of good and evil, for they knew that they couldn't destroy it, but could do the next best thing, subdue it. These people were way before Gennai and his group, who were the last of the DigiKeepers. They soon developed the theory that they could unite virtues with Digmon who could then combat this evil, but no Digimon or any other being found in the Digiworld was compatible so they built an Inter-Dimensional Gate to find a species that was. Using probes, they found the planet Earth and a compatible species called humans."

"So that's where this whole Digidestined thing all started, correct?"

"Correct. Special Digimon were raised and Digivices created to help them un-naturally Digivolve at any time when a partner was in danger."

By this time, Tai and the rest of the group overheard Izzy and Jenji's conversation and stood around them as Jenji continued his history lesson on the DigiKeepers and the origin of the Digidestined.

"Eight children from Earth were brought to the Digiworld to save it, exactly as what you've been called to do nineteen years ago. These first 'Digidestined' were partnered with eight Digimon, though not like the ones you have now, but instead were eight different ones. They had all the qualities you had, Courage, Love, Sincerity, Knowledge, Friendship, Reliability, Hope, and Light."

As soon as he said this Mimi started talking loudly to herself, "I wonder if the one with Sincerity looked as beautiful as me..."

Everyone glared at her as she blushed and looked in the other direction.

"As I was saying, this group of sixteen was led by the leader of the DigiKeepers, Shrashdou. After the evil was defeated and the eight original Digidestined returned home, Shrashdou trained Gennai as the next DigiKeeper. Evil rose up again in the form of Apoclymon. The Dark Masters destroyed the DigiKeepers' headquarters to prevent the coming of the next generation of Digidestined, and of course you all know the story from there."

"We lived it!" Tai exclaimed, "It brings up another question though, why isn't there another generation of Digidestined?"

Everybody except for Jenji stared at Tai in amazement for that was one of the very few times Tai actually asked an intelligent question.

"A good question," Jenji replied, "since Gennai turned diabolical and The Order of The DigiKeepers ceases to exist, the new Digivices were never sent out to the new Digidestined. I think he destroyed them, but I'm not very sure."

They had been sitting there for almost an hour when Biyomon, who was on scout duty, came back with a report.

"This place is crawling with evil Digimon, Sora! There's about a small group about 10 kilometers from where we're at. It's clear if we turn left, though."

"Good job Biyomon." said Sora, "Tai, whatd'ya say?"

"Let's go left obviously."

As the group of adults, one Digimon, and one Jenji, they came across a barrier of bushes. The bushes gave a rustle, then another, and another. Tai called out if anybody's there, but nobody answered. When the rustlings began, everybody was uneasy, now everyone was REALLY uneasy. Biyomon decided to force the person out by attacking, "Spiral Twister!"

"Ouch!!"

Mimi instantly recognized the voice, "Ogremon??"

"That's me! And that's no way to treat a friend!"

Joe then said, "Well, at least you understand the friend concept."

"Yeah, but Leomon doesn't. After you guys left and Leomon came back, I tried to make friends with him, since he always kept beating me all the time, but instead of saying yes, he attacked me! I thought he was a good Digimon, but I've been seeing lots of good Digimon go bad lately, could you help me out guys?"

"Sure! We'll help you, Ogremon. That's okay with you right Tai?" Mimi asked with shining puppy dog eyes.

"As long as he doesn't make any trouble." Tai said firmly. He still thought of Ogremon as the one who was under Devimon's command, and now was back, and could possibly be a threat.

"Goodie!" Mimi said joyfully.

"Alright!" shouted Ogremon.

The two started to dance in circles, prancing like In-Training-Mon.

Joe noticed some messy wounds on Ogremon's back and offered to help him. As he got out his medkit, he wondered who could have done this. "What happened to you?"

"I was just minding my own business when a Greymon came out of nowhere and fires a Nova Blast at me. He just barely missed, and I ran away as fast as I could."

"Well, everything is alright now, Ogremon." said Mimi.

Then T.K. added gravely, "I sure hope so. I sincerely hope so, Mimi..."

~@~

The group had already left the forest behind and had been walking in a very familiar savanna for a while now. Up ahead, they spotted a factory.

"Hey look up over there." whispered T.K. to his sweetheart, Kari. "That's where we first met Andromon. He had a black gear in him and chased us all around the factory until Kabuterimon destroyed the black gear controlling him."

"Why don't we ask my brother so we could check it out. Hey Tai, isn't that Andromon's factory? Why don't we go and check it out."

"Yeah, and what if he's in there and has a black ring on him? We don't have all of our Digimon to protect us, only Biyomon and Ogremon, and it took all of our Digimon to even just think we could beat him."

"That was before Tai, besides, Biyomon can Digivolve into Garudamon which is an ultimate just like Andromon, not only that, Ogremon's here to add to our arsenal who is a champion." replied Izzy.

"But I'm not willing to take that risk."

"I am." Jenji replied flatly, "We should at least take a look around, I agree with Izzy on the defense measures, plus if we manage to destroy the black ring, then we could surely use him on our team."

"Fine then, if you say so..."

The group then headed for the factory. Inside, they didn't find Andromon, which was both good and bad, but they did find a huge office which Jenji said would be suitable for a type of headquarters.

"It's perfect, I could contact Izzy through this computer by e-mail, and I could continue my research on the scrolls that I have here. Besides, do you really think you could use me? I'm just some useless piece of data that has no attacks. I'm best suited to desk work."

"That maybe true, but you could still be very vulnerable here."

"I disagree Tai, I could get the security systems up with the help of Ogremon maybe..."

"I don't completely trust him in the first place, and to leave him here with you is certainly unthinkable." Then he mumbled to himself, "A virus Digimon is always a virus Digimon."

"I don't think so Tai," Mimi said who overheard him talking to himself, "Ogremon helped save me and Joe from MetalEtemon. All he needs is a friend."

Ogremon looked at him with "puppy-dog" eyes. "Please, I want to help you guys, you've been the only friends I ever had."

"Fine!" he said angrily as everybody turned to him with "puppy-dog" eyes, even Joe.

As they left the factory leaving Jenji and Ogremon behind so they could continue their journey, they found at the entrance a bunch of long iron rods.

"Now these we can really use to bash some heads in, huh Matt." said T.K.

"Yup, these would be perfect."

Everybody picked one up, even the girls, who even though they couldn't fight well, they could still fight. After a couple of hours hiking through the long grass, they had reached the border of the forest and savanna and continued on their way to Infinity Mountain when...

"Everybody get down, NOW!" Tai urgently whispered.

"It's the group I saw earlier, before we met Ogremon." whispered Biyomon to Izzy.

"It seems to be Leomon and about ten Gizamon." replied Izzy.

"It also seems as if they're heading into the savanna." said Kari.

As they lay on their belies hidden underneath the underbrush, they overheard one of the Gizamon speaking to Leomon.

"Are you sure they will be inside that factory?"

"No, I'm not, but they needed a refuge for awhile. If they're still there, we will attack swiftly and destroy the Digidestined once and for all!

Tai knew he couldn't attack now because it was just plain crazy, even though he had surprise, he just wasn't in a good position for an attack. So he decided to wait until the group of evil Digimon left.

"Izzy contact Jenji and Ogremon quickly through e-mail."

Izzy opened his laptop and started to tap something out on his Pineapple, but instead all he got was a beeping sound and a message. "He hasn't gotten the computer online yet, I guess. The e-mail isn't getting through. We'll have to prevent them from making a surprise attack on the factory."

"He's right, Tai." said Matt "We can't get back to the factory before they do. Instead we should probably overtake them and attack."

"Alright then," Tai said brushing the dirt off of his face, "it's agreed, I guess. Gather around, I've got a plan..."

~@~

"Meteor Wing!" Birdramon cried out in a surprise attack against Leomon and his small army.

"Everybody ATTACK!" Tai called out to the group as everybody charged swung their iron rods at the foe before them. That is, all except for Joe.

"I want to fight Tai!" yelled Joe, "I can help you!"

"No, Dammit! Stay there! We'll need you as a medic!" said Tai as a Gizamon barely missed him.

Joe got down and hid in the grass while watching the battle unfold before his eyes.

*Earlier that day*

As the group started their march to catch up with Leomon and the Gizamon to hopefully prevent them from reaching the factory before they could do whatever evil they were told to carry out, Joe leaned over to Mimi and started to talk softly to her.

"Mimi, whatever happens, I'll do anything and everything to protect you from harm. I can tell this is going to be a downhill battle, I mean sure we have Garudamon, but I don't think it'll be enough."

"We'll be alright, we've been through worse."

"I don't think so, we're outnumbered by the stronger and more durable Digimon. But whatever happens, I'll be there to protect you."

"Thanks Joe." Then she bent over to kiss Joe on the cheek.

The group stopped for a rest after half walking and half running for about two hours already. Izzy took Joe aside to talk to him a little.

"Look Joe, I understand you still like Mimi, but remember, she is MY wife got it."

"Alright, Geez, take it easy. There's nothing between us but friendship."

"Keep it that way. Or else..."

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean, buddy."

"Break it up, you two!" Tai said as he entered the conversation which was degenerating quickly into a fight.

"Yeah, if there's gonna be a fight, it's gonna be between my brother and Matt." Kari laughed trying to brighten the mood.

"Why are we acting like a bunch of kids? We're trying to save a world here, if you haven't noticed." Sora spoke loudly addressing the whole group.

"I think we acted better when we were kids..." T.K. murmured to himself.

"Okay, that's enough, we have to get going if we're gonna catch up to Leomon. Joe, I want to talk to you."

"Whatd'ya want Tai?" Joe asked as he stood in front of Tai, just a few centimeters apart.

"I want you to stay back and not join the battle. I need you to be our medic in case someone gets hurt."

"Wait a second. Could you run that by me again, what the hell are you saying to me, Tai."

"I'm saying what I'm saying."

"But..."

"We have no time for an argument, just do what I say, got it?."

Joe nodded glumly as he turned back and returned to the rest of the Digidestined.

*End Flashback*

The battle around Joe was going poorly, after the surprise attack, everything went downhill quickly. They were outnumbered as it is, but with him on the sidelines it just kept getting worse. It was beginning to look like the job Tai gave him was beginning to make some sense.

<If things don't change quick, someone on our side will be seriously injured.>

Tai and Sora were back to back beating back three Gizamon who kept doing their 'Four-leg Kick' attack. T.K. and Kari kept trying to dodge two of the Gizamon's 'Spiral Saw' attack while whacking them as they whizzed by. Izzy was with Matt who were trying to battle their way through four of the Gizamon to get to Leomon and help Birdramon out.

Leomon and Birdramon were battling it out ferociously, trading and dodging blows.

"Fist of the Beast King!"

Leomon's attack hit home, square in Birdramon's chest. Before the great bird of fire went down, she fired her Meteor Wing attack at Leomon, stunning him for a few moments. Matt took advantage of this and hit Leomon on the head with his iron rod. Unfortunately, it didn't hurt him too much, instead it just made him even angrier and Leomon pulled out his sword engaged Matt as well as Izzy in a sword fight.

<I've got to go and see if Birdramon's alright. I could probably help her since Sora's a little busy right now.> thought Joe as he got up with his first aid kit. He found her and gave her some food for energy.

Mimi was all alone and trying to fend for herself as she fought the last Gizamon. Her short pink hair waved in the slight breeze that had built up during the battle. They both charged each other with lightning speed, but instead of Mimi hitting the Gizamon, the Gizamon's Spiral Saw cut right through her arm.

Joe who was tending to Birdramon's needs and Izzy who was fighting Leomon both saw Mimi fall down screaming.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" they both cried in unison.

TO BE CONTINUED