Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Distortion ❯ Why Didn't You Tell Me? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

( ^.^ Yayishness... Daisuke and Takeru pop up in this chapter. Oh, and Lady Kiriska... ^^; This won't turn out to be Hiori... ::glares fiercely at ficcie:: NOT IF I CAN HELP IT!!!! GRRRR!!!)

~

Why didn't you tell me?

"Tell me," Motomiya Daisuke grumbled, "what we are doing in a library - a SCHOOL library, on top of that - when school has been over already for at least an hour."

Takaishi Takeru cocked an eyebrow at him. "You want to graduate, don't you?"

Daisuke sighed. "Yeah, I guess... I think this is a bit much, though..."

It was the next day. Daisuke and Takeru were - again - in the library. It was actually quite a nice library, if slightly older than the rest of the school. Takeru was curled up in a dusty armchair, near the back, a book resting on his lap. Daisuke, seated on a squashy armchair that threatened to swallow him whole, was flipping through his math notebook, attempting to settle on something to study (and not having much success). "I don't think I've played ANY soccer for... a long time. And I haven't seen Ken for a while, either."

"None of us have," Takeru said, turning a page. "He's studying too, Daisuke."

"He doesn't NEED to," Daisuke muttered, fuming. "HE'S the genius."

Takeru rolled his eyes. "Daisuke..."

Daisuke sighed, and threw his notebook to the ground. "Ahh, I wish I were in Iori's grade. He's lucky."

"Not really," Takeru said hesitantly.

Daisuke glanced at him curiously. "What?"

"Iori-kun... kind of gets picked on."

Daisuke jumped up, eyes blazing. "He WHAT?"

"Motomiya-san!" The librarian said sharply from the front of the room.

"Gomen nasai," Daisuke called, and sent a quick bow in her direction, before turning back to Takeru. "He WHAT?" He whispered fiercely. "Wha - why? How do you know?"

Takeru looked uncomfortable. "I don't know why... I just know he is."

"Why didn't you TELL me?" Daisuke hissed. "I - I would have stopped them! I would have sent them all to the hospital -"

"THAT'S why," Takeru said flatly.

Daisuke glared at him. "... Still..."

"Promise me you won't do anything stupid, Daisuke," Takeru said, going back to his book.

Daisuke continued glaring at him.

"PROMISE," Takeru said severely.

Daisuke sighed. "Oh, fine... but if I DO see them doing anything, I'll... I'll..." He couldn't seem to finish his sentence.

"Do nothing that will end up with you being sued," Takeru said absently. "Shut up, I'm trying to read."

Daisuke commenced in glaring at him. "You're impossible."

"I know."

* * * * *

"Hey."

Iori tensed. The greeting, however casual it may have seemed, was directed at him, and that obviously meant trouble. He slowly glanced over his shoulder, bookbag clutched tightly to his chest, and saw that Nakamura Yasuhiko was standing beside him, leaning against the wall.

Perfect.

Iori had left the Yagamis soon after dawn (though Hikari had grumbled about him traveling alone so early in the morning. She was so nice to everyone, that girl). His mother, amazingly enough, had hardly noticed he was gone -- she was taking college classes, something she had missed out on when she was younger, and was studying all night long. He had just slipped into bed, hoping his mother wouldn't come storming into his room and scream at him for hours on end. She hadn't, however, and he had been able to escape to school unscathed. Not that school was really an escape... there was no place of sanctuary for him anymore.

So now here he was. It was the end of the day already; most of the other students had left the building already. Iori was always slow; he had found that he got knocked around quite a lot if he left with the masses, so he always dawdled at his locker. Apparently Yasuhiko had figured this out.

"What do you want?" Iori said grudgingly, standing up.

"Why the antagonism?" Yasuhiko said delicately. "I simply want to talk with you."

"Bullshit," Iori spat. "What do you want?"

Yasuhiko shrugged. "Ah, well. I guess that won't work on you, Hida." He straightened, and took a few steps closer to Iori. "Who was that girl you were with yesterday?"

Iori stared at him, startled. "Wha... what girl?"

Yasuhiko rolled his eyes. "I've seen her around the school sometimes; she's got brown hair..."

Iori blinked. "Oh... Hikari-san?"

Yasuhiko stuffed his hands in his pockets. Though he was a lot smaller and skinnier than Iori and the rest of the grade was, he, in some obscure way, managed to make the ugly school uniform look somewhat fashionable. "Is that her name?"

"Well, yeah..."

The other boy smirked. "Tell me... she your girlfriend, or something?"

Iori glared at him. "Of course not! She's three years older than me, and I've known her since I was eight years old!"

Yasuhiko shrugged. "Oh... I was just wondering..." He looked slightly uncomfortable.

Iori remembered what he had promised Hikari yesterday, and took a deep breath. "Nakamura..."

Yasuhiko stared at him... apprehensive? "What?"

"HEY!!" A loud voice shouted, making both boys jump. It was the P.E. teacher, Seki-sensei. He had approached them, frowning. "Don't loiter. Don't you two have somewhere to be?"

"Yes, sensei," Yasuhiko said quickly, and grabbed the other boy's wrist. "Come on," He muttered in Iori's ear.

"Where are we going?" Iori hissed.

"Outside." Yasuhiko dragged him out the door.

~

^.^ It took a little longer (but not as long as usual... T-T I am pathetic...), but I did finish it! ^_^ SQUEE!!! R&R, minna! >^^< It's kind of short... BUT OH WELL!!! ^_^ I actually have an idea of what to do with this ficcie now!! WHOO!! ^^)