Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Morphs: A Digimorphs Tale ❯ Yesterday Again ( Chapter 35 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Digimon / Digital Monsters and all related trademarks belong to Bandai. The story, its original contents and ideas, and any original characters belong to the author and cannot be used or reprinted without the author's permission.
 
Author's Note: Special thanks to my brother too for his ideas on some of the Raynor scenes.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Yesterday Again
By nightdragon0
 
 
 
“Grrr…there has to be some explanation for this.” Sekata muttered. “But those two times, I messed up and got myself killed. Perhaps I've just got to get through this in one piece.”
Sekata brought his sword along and crept down the stairs. He heard the familiar shouting and saw a figure whiz past the doorway. He then stepped out into the dining room, however a little too early, as Janet barged him out of the way.
“Hey, sorry man!” Janet called back. “Hey Adrian! Don't make me go Cyberdramon on ya!”
“Just try it!!” Adrian taunted as the two disappeared into the next room.
Damn, I fell for that one again! Sekata cursed silently.
“Sheesh, and you guys call me the immature one.” Steve sighed.
“Sekata, you all right?” Zoe asked with concern.
“Ugh, I'm fine.” Sekata pulled himself up. “I'd better get out of here before Katsu comes in with his lame Raindramon named Sunday joke.”
“Hmm?” Zoe, Steve and Aero stared.
“Errr…just forget about that.” Sekata waved his hands nervously. “I'll just grab the hovering platform and I'll be going.”
As he was starting up the mobile platform, he noticed Zelia walking along with her trademark heavy footsteps.
“Zelia, you might want to go into the dining room from the back entrance.” Sekata said to her.
The raptor gave him a puzzle look, but turned and complied with his instructions.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
That Astamon fellow, along with Paige. Both of them are greatly involved in all the events revolving around this `time loop'. Sekata pondered as he walked. Hmmm…I'll see if I can take out Astamon before he can do anything to me. And that means catching him at the train station…
Sekata arrived at the train station per normal and left his cargo outside one of the station's storage bays. He then made his way around the warehouse area, trying to guess where the chase would start from. Sekata was in the midst of mapping out the area when he heard Paige's screams.
“Shit! I'm in the wrong place!” He realized, having to run about 5 rows back before he spotted the pair.
Astamon had just entered the warehouse and Sekata knew that the demon would escape through the back door before either Paige or himself could catch up to him.
Paige and Sekata were approaching from opposing sides, but the Renamon didn't take notice of him as she lost her balance and skidded to the side. She accidentally toppled a stack of boxes over, sending the whole pile down on top of Sekata.
“Rarghh!! Argh!! OWwww!!” Sekata moaned from under the boxes. (With `flattened' effects and `swirly' eyes.)
“Oh no! I'm so sorry!!” The Renamon gasped. “But I've got to catch up with him!”
Paige threw open the door Astamon had used and rammed into the Gin Ryuumon, Raynor. It was a pretty one-sided match against the armored dragon with Paige being thrown roughly to the floor. Still, Raynor had taken a blow to his stomach and it took him a while to regain his breathing.
By this time, Sekata had pulled himself up and rushed out to find Raynor jabbing his claw at the fallen Paige. Astamon was already long gone.
“What are you?!! Blind?!” Raynor snarled angrily.
“I…erm…I…” Paige staggered.
“Hey, leave her alone.” Sekata stepped between the two, folding his arms.
“And who do you think you are?!” Raynor demanded. “You…”
“Fruitcake-eating dragon.” Sekata cut in.
“Wha….how'd you know I….”
“Oh, and you were thinking of calling me a psychotic oversized red lizard too, right?”
“What-I-eck-ar-erm-…”
“Well Mr. demented freak of nature. What else have you got to say now?” Sekata grinned.
“You…you blood sucking, lamebrain, scatter headed, ding-a-ling of a whacked up job dragon!” Raynor blurted out.
“Grrrr….forget it and let's settle this.” Sekata snarled, giving a hard front kick to Raynor's groin.
“RRARRGGHH!!! Neurotic slug!!! Not fair hitting me there, sociopathic worm!! OOWW!!!”
“Jeez, you really need to clean up your vocabulary!” Sekata punched the distracted dragon's lower jaw, knocking him out cold.
“Wow, you sure know how to win an argument.” Paige whistled.
“Thanks, but it wasn't really fair since….oh nevermind.” Sekata waved. “By the way Paige, I'm your contact…”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
Sekata once again went with the cargo and train, ending up at the festival area. He didn't stay still this time, and kept moving around the area. He'd gone the wrong way at the train station and was determined to get the upper hand this time.
Especially considering the fact that he knew exactly what was going to happen.
Luck was on his side this time, for Sekata spotted his quarry whilst flying around the courtyard. Astamon was perched on a rooftop, watching the festival with a pair of binoculars. Sekata descended as quietly as he could and landed, hiding behind a stack of discarded storage cabinets.
Astamon seemed far too preoccupied with whatever he was watching and Sekata easily crept up to him. At the last possible moment, Astamon spun around, wielding his sniper rifle, and fired.
Sekata howled in pain, clutching a bleeding hole in the right side of his stomach area. The demon Digimon then attacked with his daggers, the surprisingly sharp weapons stabbing into Sekata's left shoulder and wing.
The Vritramon stumbled to the side and was knocked over the edge by a follow-up attack from Astamon's rifle. He tried to spread his wings and fly, but found his left wing was clipped and wouldn't work.
“Hyper Spirit Evolution….” Sekata brought out his sword and started to activate his evolution sequence.
Next thing he knew, he had smashed through a couple of extended metal platforms. There happened to be some construction work going on below and Sekata landed face-first, as Kaiser Greymon, in a patch of newly poured concrete.
The impact of the fall was already enough to stun Sekata, but he heard a shot as Astamon fired. A cement mixer above Sekata's head toppled over, spilling its contents all over the unfortunate dragon.
All at once, Sekata found himself blinded, unable to move and unable to breathed. The liquid cement had gotten into his face and mouth, but he was unable to cough it up. In addition, the mixture was hardening fast.
His mind in a dazed state of panic, Sekata struggled desperately until the lack of air darkened out all his thoughts.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Gurgh!! Urrghh!!!” Sekata sprang up in his bed, coughing and gasping for air. “No…he got me again!!! And he got me as Kaiser Greymon too!!! Dammit!!”
“Rise and shine Sekata!” Cimons the Dorugamon called cheerfully, pushing the door open.
“I know! Now get out!!” Sekata yelled, hurling a pillow at the purple furred dragon.
“Whoa, no need to be such a grouch….” Cimons called, ducking the first throw.
“I said out!! Get out!!” Sekata roared, jumping up and tossing the table lamp at Cimons. “RRARRGHH!!!”
“Whoa! Mad dragon! Mad dragon!!” Cimons gasped, skipping out the door.
Sekata grabbed hold of the door and slammed it with all his strength. Or at least he tried to, for he forgot one small point about his room's door.
“Swinging door.” Cimons warned.
It was a little too late by then, for the door came back and right into Sekata's face.
BAM!!
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Gargh!! NO!!” Sekata opened his eyes to find himself lying on his bed. “All I did was get myself knocked out!! What the heck was wrong with that?!!”
“Rise and shine….” Cimons' voice came from outside.
“SHUT UP!!!” Sekata sprang out of bed and kicked the door open.
This time, he made sure to keep his foot on the door so it wouldn't swing back at him too quickly. It did, however, flatten Cimons, who `peeled' off the wall and landed on the ground in a daze.
The red dragon quickly donned his armor and weapon, then tossed Cimons' limp form into his cupboard and locked it from the outside.
Sekata made his way down the stairs, timed himself according to the noises he heard and lashed out with his tail. The attack caught Adrian on the lower jaw and sent him flying backwards into Janet.
The two Champion stage dragons ended up in a heap with stars swirling around their heads.
“Ouch…somebody's in a bad mood today.” Steve remarked.
“I'll just go and get my job done before I have to listen to Katsu's lame Raindramon joke.” Sekata ignored the stares given and left the dining room to collect his cargo.
Along the way, he happened to brush past Katsu and grabbed the bug's shoulder.
“Hey Katsu, don't bother telling that joke, because the Raindramon's name is Sunday.” Sekata said to him.
“I…erm…how….what…erk…”< /div>
“And try to be a little more original.” Sekata patted his friend's shoulder, leaving the dumbfounded Digimon to stand there, gawking as Sekata departed.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
Once again, Sekata stood waiting with his cargo outside one of the station's storage bays. He was really agitated this time, impatiently drumming his fingers against the crates.
All right, it's about now…Sekata told himself.
By now, he'd gotten used to the timing by which Paige and Astamon would come running around. Sekata made his way down the path and waited around a corner, the one he knew that they would pass.
Soon enough, he heard Paige's screams and the sounds of running. Crouching down, Sekata readied himself to strike.
And when the footsteps were close enough, Sekata lunged….only to have Astamon duck beneath his outstretched claws and stabbed a knife into his thigh, causing the dragon to roar in pain.
Paige was going too fast to stop and crashed into an already off balanced and distracted Sekata. He landed flat on his back with Paige's foot stomping on his groin area.
“RRRARRGHHH!!!”
“Oh no! I'm so sorry!!” The Renamon gasped, jumping off.
“AARGHH!! Garghhh!! Not again!!” Sekata slammed his fists on the ground as Astamon rounded the corner successfully.
“Are you…” Paige started.
“I'm fine! Just go after him!” Sekata forced himself to ignore the pain and stumbled up, giving chase.
Unfortunately, Astamon made it into the open warehouse and escaped through the side door. Sekata remembered that Raynor was coming and held his arm out to protect himself.
Astamon still made it across the street, but Sekata barged into Raynor and knocked the Gin Ryuumon onto his butt. Growling, Raynor sprang to his feet almost immediately and jabbed a claw at Sekata's chest.
“What the heck did you think you were doing you…” Raynor began.
“Fruitcake-eating dragon.” Sekata hissed, raising his knee for a strike.
WHAM!!! Raynor's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets as the orange dragon fell backwards, clutching his groin in pain.
With one problem taken care of, Sekata caught sight of Astamon across the road and attempted to follow for himself…..without looking both ways before he crossed the street.
A loud and long horn startled Sekata enough that he paused and looked up….just in time to see the front screen of an ambulance smack him in the face.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Rise and shine….” Cimons begun, reaching for the door knob.
Suddenly, the door flew open and Sekata's fist went straight into Cimons' face. The purple dragon rolled back down the stairs with a constant yell of `owowow' as the door slammed shut.
“I got killed by an ambulance!!” Sekata pounded his fists on the wall. “Oh the irony of it all.”
Sekata dropped back down on the bed and closed his eyes. As much as he wanted to lie there and pretend this was all a dream, he simply found himself unable to keep still.
“Grrr…I can't just sit here.” Sekata dragged himself out of bed and strapped on his gear. “I've got to try this whole thing again.”
As the Vritramon descended the stairs, he found a dazed Cimons lying on the second floor's corridor.
“Ow! Hey!” Cimons snarled furiously. “What was that for?!”
Silently, Sekata reached out, grabbed the smaller dragon by the scruff of his neck and shoved him headfirst into a garbage can. Cimons' muffled cries went unheard by anyone downstairs as the dragon's head was stuck at the bottom of the bin.
As Sekata was reaching the bottom of the stairs, he heard the shouting of Janet and flipped his sword around. In one motion, he stepped out and swung the weapon like a baseball bat. That motion sent the blunt hilt of the sword into Adrian's face.
Adrian flew into Janet, knocking both of them backwards and out through the dining room's door.
“Ow…you don't have to physically abuse those two, you know?” Steve commented.
“Sekata, is everything all right?” Zoe looked up.
“No, I'm just in a very bad mood, that's all.” Sekata replied. “I'd better get going.”
Along the way, he deliberately made it a point to brush past Katsu and grab the bug's shoulder.
“Make sure you don't go and tell that stupid Raindramon is Sunday joke again.” Sekata growled, releasing his hold and leaving the dumbfounded Digimon to stand there, staring.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
Hmm…what else can I try this time? Sekata wondered, pacing back and forth in front of his crates. Perhaps the element of surprise isn't working out for me. I should go on offensive instead…
The station's storage bay was empty and quiet as usual, but that would change very soon.
“Help!! Gargh!! Stop him!!” Paige's scream rang out. “Thief! Stop him!!”
“Right on cue.” Sekata muttered, readying his arm-blasters this time. It wasn't long before the fleeing figure of Astamon came into view, followed closely by Paige.
“Hey you!” Sekata yelled. “Corona Blaster!!”
The first of the energy bolts were aimed at Astamon's feet, causing the demon to halt and jump backwards. Sekata adjusted his aim, targeting his opponent's body.
The demon whipped out a pair of daggers and tossed them at Sekata's energy bolts. A small explosion resulted, which Sekata bounded to the side to avoid.
“Hell Fire!” Astamon clasped his hands together and then suddenly thrust them forward.
Sekata found himself engulfed by a tornado of flames, and was thrown to the ground, roaring in pain. Astamon didn't hesitate a moment longer and sprinted out through the back door of the warehouse.
“That's new….” Sekata muttered, pulling himself up. “He's never done that attack before.”
“Whoa, hey!” Paige dashed over. “Are you…”
“I'm fine.” Sekata shrugged her off.
In his state of frustration, the red dragon barged through the warehouse's rear door and crashed into Raynor again.
“Hey! Watch where you're going….” Raynor started.
“…you fruitcake-eating dragon?” Sekata snarled in response.
“Huh? How'd you know…”
“I know every damn thing you've got to say! I've heard the whole thing a millions f###ing times you demented freak of nature!” Sekata burst out. “Oh, and there was the bit about the Psychotic oversized red lizard too, wasn't there?!
“I…arr….” The Gin Ryuumon stuttered.
“And then the lamebrain, scatter headed, blood sucking, ding-a-ling of a whacked up job dragon?!!”
“What-I-eck-ar-erm-…”
“Neurotic slug? Sociopathic worm? Dysfunctional dumbass? See?” Sekata stepped into a battle stance. “You know why?! Because you're not the one caught in and endless cycle of repeating days in which you have to do the same thing over, and over, and over AGAIN!!! And by the way, THIS was MEANT to happen too!!”
WHAM!!!
“GGGWWAAAHHH!!! GGGAAARRRHH!!!”
Sekata kicked Raynor's groin with so much force that the orange dragon stumbled backwards, slipped and fell into an open manhole.
“AAARRRRGGHHH!!!”
SPLOOSH!!!
“Humph.” Sekata dusted his claws off while Paige stood behind him, staring in amazement.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
After delivering the goods to the next town, Sekata quickly settled his affairs with Paige's sisters and made an excuse to disappear into the crowd.
He made his way to the rooftop that he knew Astamon would be perched on later. Sekata hid himself behind the discarded storage cabinets and waited. Soon enough, Astamon climbed up the fire escape on the opposite of the roof and moved into position.
Now!
With a roar, Sekata emerged from his hiding place, firing his blasters. Astamon was swift enough to duck, although a laser singed the side of his cloak. More daggers were tossed in Sekata's direction, but Sekata rolled forward and beneath the daggers.
Now that he was in close range, Sekata launched a kick, followed up by 2 punches. Astamon stumbled, but as Sekata threw the second punch, the demon ducked and thrust the butt of his rifle into Sekata's gut.
Sekata had the breath knocked out of him and lost an essential few seconds to that distraction. Astamon swung the rifle upwards, catching Sekata at the lower jaw. It was an astonishingly strong blow that flipped the Vritramon head over heels off the edge.
Despite that, Sekata caught the ledge with the toes/talons and pushed himself off the wall, flying up into the sky. He remembered he'd brought his sword and pulled the blade out in midair. Astamon fired several shots from his gun, which Sekata deflected by spinning his sword.
Using his motion and body weight, Sekata thrust downwards. Astamon managed to avoid taking the full force of the blow, but it still smashed a large hole in the roof, sending them both plummeting to the ground below.
“Hyper Spirit Evolution..... Kaiser Greymon!” Sekata activated his evolution process, landing on the ground in his new form.
The building, from his immediate impression, was a store for construction materials and machines. Of notice were a truck and a mobile crane in the corner, but the rest of the room was mostly empty.
“Hell Fire!” Astamon chanted, throwing his fire elemental spell at Sekata.
The dragon warrior raised his sword to block the blast, his own fire elemental nature playing a great part in lessening the damage done. The attack drove Sekata into a blind rage, with the dragon letting off a roar that matched the volume of his fury.
Astamon was a little startled and backed away, raising his rifle. Sekata charged through the demon's fire tornado and slashed, knocking his aim off.
Sekata barely heard the rifle's shot hit something as he followed up, slicing the rifle in half and throwing Astamon up into the air.
“Kuzuryuujin!” Sekata plunged his sword into the ground and summoned a massive 9 headed serpent from beneath. The fiery serpents attacked the demon in midair, wrapping themselves around the screaming figure and holding him still.
Sekata then jumped up himself, sword raised, and sliced the demon in half. The red dragon triumphantly landed as the burning remains of Astamon's cloak floated down to the floor.
“YES! Finally!!” Sekata cheered.
The inside of the building was now charred and burning, but Sekata couldn't care less as he made his way towards the door. Standing in the door frame, the panting dragon dropped his sword on the ground and looked up, across the courtyard.
The crowd was still there, with the music and drumming of the festival apparently having drowned out all the noise of the fighting, and was quite fixed on the priestess' performance.
Sakuyamon, the humanoid Digimon clad in gold and purple armor, was standing beside a stack of vases. Even from the great distance, Sekata recognized them as the vases he'd delivered to the festival earlier. The priestess raised the highest vase up to her lips and took a quick sip of some liquid which had been placed inside.
He had been so distracted that he hadn't been aware of the creaking sounds until it was too late. The dragon whirled around and suddenly realized that the crane inside the burning building was toppling over.
Damn! That was what Astamon's stray shot hit!!
Sekata leapt out the doorway and was promptly showered with bits of metal and concrete when the crane smashed into the wall. He lay there panting for a moment, then started laughing.
After all he'd been through, a falling crane should've been of no challenge to him. That was when the remaining portions of the wall collapsed, sending a particularly large chunk of concrete smashing into his head.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
“GGaarrghhh!!” Sekata sprang up in his own bed….and found himself as Vritramon.
Frantically, he glanced around and realized that all his armor was off and lying in the same places they'd been at the start of the day. Immediately, it clicked in his mind that there was only one explanation….time had repeated itself again.
“NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!” Sekata howled. “I got through the whole damn thing already!! What DID I do wrong this time?!”
“Hey, you all right there?” Cimons asked, pushing the door open.
“Grrrrrr….what are you staring at you queer?!” Sekata furiously snatched up his Ryuukonken weapon and hurled it at Cimons.
Fortunately, it was the hilt of the weapon which hit the purple dragon, resulting in a blow that knocked him out, but wasn't fatal.
“I….rrrarrrghhhh!! I can't take this any more!!!!” Sekata fumed.
There was no choice however, but to strap on his armor and carry on. Sekata made yet another trip down the stairs, only a little slower this time so that Adrian went past first.
“Grrrr….those were my pancakes you little thief!!” Janet yelled. “Give em….urrghhh!!!”
Sekata stuck his leg out so Janet tripped and went rolling, very ungracefully, into a corner.
“Hey! What was that for?!” Janet snarled furiously.
“Nyah Nyah!!” Adrian stuck his head back into the dining room and taunted. “Looks like they're mine!!”
“Why you!!! Don't make me go Cyberdramon on ya!!” Janet threatened, forgetting completely about Sekata.
“Just try it!!”
“Sheesh, and you guys call me the immature one.” Steve sighed as the two disappeared into the next room.
“Still, that was a little uncalled for.” Zoe remarked, looking up.
“I know Zoe, but I'm not in a good mood. And….Zoe!” Sekata blinked. “Could I talk to you, over here, for a moment?”
“Oooh, some secret love affair?” Steve teased, earning him a whack on the arm from Zoe.
“What is it?” Zoe asked, moving onto the steps with Sekata.
“All right, this is going to sound really crazy, but watch over there.” Sekata gestured to the table. “In a moment, Katsu is going to come in through that door and challenge Aero with a riddle.”
“Wha…”
“Shhh…just watch and listen.”
Katsu the Shadramon was indeed the one to enter the scene, wearing a wide grin on his face.
“Aero, I've finally got one that you won't be able to figure out.” The bug smirked.
“Oh really? Bring it on.” Aero challenged.
“It'll be about riding on a Raindramon.” Sekata whispered to Zoe.
“A mon rides 15 hours on a Raindramon.” Katsu recited his riddle. “Then after a 1 hour break, completes his trip in another 14 hours…all on Sunday. How is this possible?”
“Erm…hmm….” Aero began drumming his fingers nervously against the tabletop.
“And the answer is going to be that the Raindramon's name is Sunday.” Sekata continued. “And Aero will not be happy about it.”
“Because Sunday is the Raindramon's name, heh.” Katsu winked.
“Wow…how'd you know all that?” Zoe gasped.
“Wait, there's a little more.” Sekata told her. “Wait for Zelia to come in, then Janet and Adrian are going to crash into her.”
Sure enough, Janet and Adrian came back and ran right into Zelia. The raptor was thrown forward onto the table, crushing the wooden piece of furniture and all the food beneath it. Everyone let off long moans while Janet and Adrian sweatdropped.
“What's this all about?” Zoe turned to Sekata.
“Zoe, I've been through this day before.” The fire dragon explained. “This day keeps repeating itself! And I'm apparently the only one who notices it.”
“Erm….” Zoe gave him a puzzled stare.
“Can't you pick this sort of thing up with your powers? Or perhaps you can sense that this isn't going exactly right.”
“Well…I'm….not sure.”
“Look…errr…just forget about it Zoe.” Sekata turned around and walked away. “I have to get going before it's too late.”
Even after her companion had departed, Zoe still stood there, pondering on what Sekata had just said.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
Having to wait through the periods at the train station was getting more and more frustrating. Sekata found himself feeling both nervous and impatient at the same time, anticipating the upcoming event and yet not entirely eager for it to happen.
Standing in the currently empty loading bay, Sekata gripped the nearest crate tightly.
CRACK!
The wooden lid split because of his claws, leaving a large hole in it. Sekata groaned and pulled open the lid to inspect any damages to the vases inside the crate. While there were no visible breakages, Sekata realized there was a sweet odor coming from within.
Curiously, he reached down and plucked out a half eaten apple from the vase.
“This apple….wasn't this mine?” He wondered. “I was eating it earlier and….wait I didn't bring the apple this time right? When was it?”
“Help!! Gargh!! Stop him!!” A sudden scream rang out. “Thief! Stop him!!”
Sekata was so preoccupied with his thoughts that he didn't even notice the chase until the two were practically in front of him.
Astamon changed directions as Sekata whirled around, running into the warehouse.
Not again! Sekata cursed, dropping the apple, which once again rolled into the vase.
Paige tried to change directions and follow Astamon too, but the Renamon tripped inside the warehouse and crashed into a crate, smashing it open. Sekata had to deal with leaping over a dozen buckets, cooking pots and other household items as they spilled out everywhere.
One metal pail flew towards his face. So, Sekata nimbly snatched it out of the air and chucked it away. However, he also threw it towards the warehouse's back door.
Although Astamon was long gone by this time, who else should come walking by? None other than Raynor of course.
CLUNK!
“Muuaaghh!! Gaarghhh!!” The Gin Ryuumon's muffled screams came out as the bucket landed nicely over his head.
“Finally, something shut him up.” Sekata sighed.
“Rarrghh!!” Raynor pulled the bucket off. “What…”
“Fruitcake-eating dragon.” Sekata interrupted, folding his arms.
“Huh? How…”
“Psychotic oversized red lizard.” The Vritramon continued calmly.
“I…”
“Demented freak of nature, lamebrain, scatter headed, blood sucking, ding-a-ling of a whacked up job dragon.”
“What-I-eck-ar-erm-…” Raynor staggered.
“Neurotic slug. Sociopathic worm.” Sekata yawned. “I'm sick and tired of hearing all that, so why don't you just go put in sock in it?!”
Sekata grabbed the bucket from the stunned Raynor's arms and slammed it down over his head. This time, it got stuck and Raynor hobbled about blindly trying to remove it.
“Or that bucket will do fine.” Sekata finished, kicking Raynor in the groin.
“GGuuurrghh!! Muurrgghhh!!!” Raynor stumbled backwards and fell into an open manhole, landing with a loud splash.
“Wow…” Paige came up, amazed.
“I've had a lot of practice in that Paige.” Sekata told her, dusting his claws off.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
Right, I beat him once and I'll do it again. Sekata crouched down low, waiting on the rooftop.
In the same hiding place as before, Sekata waited until Astamon showed up, climbing the fire escape on the opposite of the roof.
Sekata waited until he had taken his position on the edge of the roof with the binoculars, then sprang out with his weapons ready.
“Corona Blaster!”
“Hell Fire!” Astamon spun round and raised his arms up.
A wave of flames materialized and drowned out Sekata's energy bursts. It then continued on to barge into Sekata, throwing the screaming dragon to the ground.
What?! Even this attack is more powerful this time round.
Pushing away the pain from his mind, Sekata rolled into a kneeling position and prepared himself.
“Maverick!” Blue energy glowed at the barrel of Astamon's rifle.
Sekata fired immediately, knocking the rifle out of the demon's hands. It landed on the ground nearby and went off, blowing the roof out.
“Hyper Spirit Evolution..... Kaiser Greymon!” Sekata drew his sword in mid-fall and activated the evolution.
Still in the air, Sekata steered himself towards the wall and bounded off it. The dragon warrior shot towards the falling Astamon, sword at hand.
However, Astamon turned to face him and threw off a huge fiery spell. Sekata was thrown back and splattered against the wall, leaving the impression of his body in it. Sekata hit the ground hard and was still trying to clear the ringing out of his head when he heard Astamon's maniacal laughter.
“At last, I've gained enough power to finally annihilate you.” Astamon said.
“Grrr…you. What are you talking about?” Sekata demanded.
“The power of the void of space and time. You've been experiencing it, haven't you?”
“Wha…wait! The time repeats! You…you mean you've been affected too?!”
“Correct.” Astamon chuckled. “And while I've been gaining power from them, all this has also enabled me to study much of your fighting abilities.”
“No….you're the one behind all of this!!” Sekata gasped.
“Well not entirely, but allow me to show you the results.” Astamon placed his claws together and uttered a soft chant. Then, his body glowed with a dark energy as it begun to change.
From the humanoid demon formed one that was more beast-like in nature. It was a towering black colored brute that somewhat reminded Sekata of the mystical beast, the Minotaur. Only this creature had clawed legs and talons like a dragon instead of the Minotaur's hoofs. It also possessed two pairs of leathery purple wings on its back.
The new Digimon stood upright, with its large, oversized fists raised high into the air.
“Belphemon!!” The Mega level demon Digimon roared.
“Ugh…” Sekata gasped, backing away.
With a ferocious howl, Belphemon slammed his fists into the ground. Sekata rolled away as pieces of the concrete flooring were thrown up.
“Enryuugeki!” Sections on the Ryuukonken opened up, firing off a series of energy bolts.
Belphemon howled as the bolts hit his muscular body, but charged and tossed Sekata aside like a rag doll. Sekata smashed into a pile of boxes and staggered up, shaking the dust off himself.
His opponent immediately followed up with his arms outstretched and Sekata ducked beneath them. Sekata barged, head horns first, into the demon beast's exposed chest. He was rewarded by the demon's cry of pain and pressed his attack.
Sekata's barrage of claw attacks and kicks was abruptly halted when Belphemon blocked with a massive arm, then swung and knocked Sekata aside.
This time however, Sekata felt a strong grip around his waist as his fall was brought to a halt.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
“You were right Zoe, he did need help after all.” Aeromaru remarked, standing in his shinning Alforce V-dramon form.
“I'd hate to ask if you're all right, considering you're covered with soot and bruises.” Zoe, as Paildramon, stepped up beside Aero and helped Sekata to his feet.
“You…you came all the way?!” Sekata managed.
“About what you said to me this morning…” Zoe nodded. “I suppose my instincts did pick up something odd. I just couldn't pinpoint it, so I decided to follow you and traced your location with the D-Dragons.”
“Guys, save the explanations for later!” Aero warned, gesturing towards the approaching Belphemon. “Jan! Steve! Hit it!”
“Erase Claw!”
“Plasma Shot!”
Janet and Steve emerged from the entrance on the opposite side of the room and pelted Belphemon with their Cyberdramon and Magnamon projectiles respectively.
“RRarrghhh! Gift of Darkness!” Belphemon readied a dark energy ball in one claw and hurled it at the pair.
Steve managed to dive away, but Janet wasn't as lucky and was caught within the energy ball, which grew to enshroud her entire body.
“Jan!” Sekata cried at hearing his friend's howls of pain. “Grrr… Belphemon!!”
Snatching up his sword, Sekata attacked and sliced off a section of the demon's right wing. Belphemon threw Sekata off and sent the Gift of Darkness attack towards Aero and Zoe.
“Get behind me!” Aero stepped in front, holding out his left arm. “Tensegureto Shield!”
A white dome of energy materialized, which held the large energy ball at bay.
“Now's our chance! Let's go!” Zoe skipped over Aero and stabbed at Belphemon's left thigh with her wrist blades, the Esgrima.
“Hargh!” Steve launched a hard kick at Belphemon's lower jaw that flipped him over.
Finally, Sekata jumped to his feet again and slashed at the demon. His sword made a direct hit, resulting in an explosion of flames and sparks which brought Belphemon to his knees.
“Huugghh…you.” Belphemon stared, looking up into Steve's eyes. “You were supposed to….”
“Guys, watch out!!” Steve `panicked', dropped to the ground and fired a Plasma Shot straight down Belphemon's throat.
The demon fell with a gurgled howl as his internals blew up and lay still….dead.
“Too bad, but you had your chance.” Steve whispered. “And you blew it. This is your just reward.”
With Belphemon defeated, the existing energy balls dissipated, releasing a groaning Janet and allowing Aero to lower his shield. Both signaled that they were all right.
“Damn, I was hoping to get more out of him.” Sekata muttered, staring at Belphemon's dissolving carcass.
“Sorry about that, but it looked like he was going to attack.” Steve remarked.
“Forget about it.” Sekata shook his head. “I'm just glad it's…”
Something just clicked in his mind. The apple in the vase….that did not belong to this parallel, and yet….
“Oh no!! Guys! I'll be right back!!” Sekata yelled, sprinting out of the room.
The Digimon-packed courtyard was just outside, with the music and drumming of the festival having drowned out all the noise of the fighting. Sekata partly pushed, jumped and flew through/over the crowd in his injured state, making his way to the stage.
Paige the Renamon was standing below, looking up as her older sister Sakuyamon was raising a vase of liquid to her lips. Sekata knew these were the vases he'd delivered to the festival earlier.
“Hey Sekata.” Paige turned around. “What's the hurry…ugh!”
“No! Don't touch the vase!” Sekata shouted, shoving past Paige and leaping onto the stage.
The priestesses Sakuyamon and Taomon were too stunned to do anything but watch as Sekata knocked the vase from Sakuyamon's hands. The vase shattered itself on the floor, spilling out a metal talisman and the half eaten apple amongst the liquid inside.
“Harrghhh!!” Sekata grabbed the talisman, tore the circular piece into bits and closed his eyes. “One thousand…..two thousand….three thousand….”
Sekata opened his eyes and glanced around. He was still here in the courtyard and not back in his bedroom.
“I….I did it! YES!!!” The exhilarated dragon jumped up, cheering. “I broke the curse! Time isn't repeating itself any more!! Yeah!!! Oh ye….”
That was when he noticed the hundreds of angry Digimon faces all around, including those from Paige, her sisters, as well as Zoe and company.
“Oh bother….” Sekata cringed, sweatdropping.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
“So time was repeating itself?” Aero asked again.
“Yes.” Sekata nodded.
“And you were the only one affected?” Adrian followed up.
“Yes!”
“And that was the reason for your crazy stunt?” Janet continued.
“Well…yes.”
“And that you hit me in the face with your sword?” Cimons cut in, though the others shoved him away.
“And you expect us to believe all this?” Steve questioned.
“Hey! It really was happening! And it practically drove me crazy!!”
At that, the entire group burst out in a fit of laughter. Excluding Zelia that is, who simply sat in a corner and watched curiously. It was evening and the party was back in the dining room of their home base, discussing the day's events over the new table which had been brought in.
“Guys!! It really is true!!” Sekata protested as the group dispersed.
“Hey, I believe you.” Zoe came and sat down beside him.
“Thanks for sympathizing with me.” Sekata sighed.
“No, really, I do.” Zoe insisted. “After all, that little hint was what led me to your in the first place.”
“Zoe…”
“It's lucky too that the remains of that talisman contained traces of dark magic, so the priestesses let you off despite that crazy act.” Zoe giggled.
“Oh boy, here we go again.” Sekata got up and left.
“Sekata! Wait! I didn't mean to insult you!” Zoe called after him.
“Just give him a while to cool down.” Steve told her. “He's like that at times.”
“I suppose…”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
Back in his room, Sekata closed the door and dropped down on the bed.
Steve's behavior was a little odd today. Sekata turned the events around in his mind. Belphemon didn't look like he was about to attack, and Steve blasted him. Not that I mind, but…
Sekata brought up his D-Dragon and got the shock of his life when he stared at its percentage counter.
76.74!!! But how often have I used Kaiser Greymon's powers since that day against Dynasmon?! Unless…
The red dragon replayed all the different time parallels in his head….and realized that he had used his Hyper Spirit Evolution more than once. The problem was, his percentage counter didn't reset every time the time parallel did.
“Ancient Greymon….Grrrrrr….” Sekata hissed.