Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Morphs: A Digimorphs Tale ❯ Reunion ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Digimon / Digital Monsters and all related trademarks belong are copyright to Toei animation / Saban entertainment. The story, its original contents and ideas, and any original characters belong to the author and cannot be used or reprinted without the author's permission.

--------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---

Reunion

By Gregory Stephen/nightdragon0 (nightdragon0@hotmail.com)

"It's here Zoe." Sekata shoved some branches away to reveal a cave.

"Thanks."

The pair walked in and Sekata gestured for her to have a seat on a pile of palm leaves, used as a makeshift cushion. Sekata ran his claws along a stone, which produced some spark that he used to get a fire started.

The orange glow lit up the cave with a warm light, reflecting off the Cyberdramon's shinny armor as he sat down.

"Welcome to my den. It's not much, but make yourself at home."

Sekata's tone dampened slightly when he said the word 'home'. Zoe didn't know what was with her newfound friend, and certainly didn't want to hurt his feelings, but she had nothing to work with either.

"You...been here long, Sekata?"

Sekata brought his claw up to some scratch marks on the wall. He'd been keeping track of the time he'd spent here.

"Almost a month now." He said softly.

"By yourself?"

He nodded.

"I'm sorry. You must be pretty lonely."

"Don't worry about it." He put his smile back on. "I've gotten used to it. In a survival situation, it's tough to feel that way most of the time. By the way, I guess we should hear the rest of each other's stories."

"Yeah, well there's nothing much to mine. I bumped into this guy in a trench coat and he dropped some Digivices. I picked them up, gave two to Steve and Janet and we slashed some Digimon cards through." Zoe said, fingering with her Digivice. "Next thing we know, we're here and as Digimon. I was basically upset, flew off and crashed into you. You know the rest."

"Hold on. When did the man bump into you? The date I mean."

"Let's see. It was Sunday, 12th May."

"Odd, that's the same day someone bumped into me and dropped my Digivice too."

"You're kidding." Zoe gasped, looking up.

"It's like we activated our devices at the same time, but there was a time gap between your group and I entering this Digital World." Sekata contemplated.

"Now, that's really odd."

"Well, we can't do anything about it now." Sekata leaned back against the wall. "We should get some rest. It'll be dark soon, so we'll have to look for your friends in the morning."

"Hope Steve's OK." Zoe said, looking out of the cave. "Janet too."

"You're...really concerned about him?" Sekata looked up with interest. He was raising an eyebrow, through it was hidden beneath his mask.

"Who? Steve? No way! I think he actually likes Janet, just that he hasn't got the guts to tell her."

"I see." Sekata said, secretly breathing a sigh of relief.

"Steve's a lot like you. You know, sports and card games and stuff. And he's your typical wisecracker. Jan's sort of a computer person. She's actually quite short and Steve loves annoy her about that. And me, well I'm..."

"Screamy? Loud?"

"Hey!"

"Haha! And pretty good as a Digimon."

"Thanks. But not as good as you."

"It's tough." Sekata nodded. "I'm been living around this area trying to get the hang of my new form. I've been staying out of the way of most other Digimon. Those around here all seem to be dumb and nasty. And I have utterly no idea what my digestive system was designed for. I admit, I thought I was never going to be able to speak with another human being. Well, sort of."

"Heh, you're real cute, you know dragon-boy." Zoe laughed.

"So are you. And far more so than I. That XV-mon suits your true beauty perfectly." He smiled, moving closer, putting his left claw around her shoulder and taking her claw with his free one.

"You're just saying that." Zoe smiled. She wasn't making any attempt to move away. She looked like she was enjoying the warm, muscular grip of his hand.

Come on! You've got her now! The voices in his head screamed.

Don't loose this chance!

She's right where you want her to be!

Go! Go!

"I really mean it." He said, lowering his head.

Sekata felt Zoe grasping his arm more tightly. She was moving closer too.

That's it! In for the kill! Come on!

"That's real sweet." Zoe said, raising her head.

Their snouts were practically in front of each other.

Almost...almost...

BAM!

The pair gave a simultaneous yell of surprise and turned to see the strong wind had blown a broken tree limb against the entrance of the cave.

"Whew, that was a fright." Zoe muttered.

"Yeah..." Sekata nodded.

"Guess we should be getting some rest, Sekata."

"I...oh, yes definitely."

"Good night then. See you tomorrow."

Sekata nodded as Zoe lay down and rolled over to sleep. The Cyberdramon quickly turned away and was able to suppress his own scream of agony. (With the anime waterfall tears effect.)

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---

"I hope you slept well." Steve muttered sarcastically as Janet finally got to her feet. And got OFF him for that matter.

"Except for the sharp object under my belly, yeah." The Growlmon moaned groggily.

"Thanks a lot." Steve continued in his sarcastic tone. "Although it was pretty warm under there." He added in quietly, "Might've actually been good if I wasn't completely immobilized."

Stretching his cramped muscles, he dashed and leapt up a huge tree. Digging both the claws on his hands and feet into the bark and climbing with a superhuman speed, he scaled the 50-foot tree in a matter of seconds.

Janet gasped as she watched the blur of motion that was her friend reach the top branch. She could just barely make out his shape.

Squinting against the morning sun, Steve cupped his eyes as best as he could with his claws and scanned the surrounding area.

"Wow, don't think that's something I can do while I'm like this." Jan commented. "See anything?"

"A sea of trees." The Flamedramon replied.

"Well, duh! We're in a forest. Anything important?"

"That was the most important thing."

"I wonder what he considers trivial then." Janet said to herself.

"Wait a sec. Over there!" Steve pointed. "There's a lake that seems to lead on to those mountains in the distance."

"That's all?" Janet asked, disappointed. The lack of any distinct landmarks would make it difficult to navigate in the wilderness.

"The lake's in the middle of a clearing, so it's visible from the air. Maybe if we wait by it a while, Zoe might come passing over and spot us."

"I suppose it's the only plan we've got and... hehehe..."

"What's so funny, Jan?"

"All the way up there Steve and you're certainly calm for someone who's afraid of heights!"

"Nonsense, when are Flamedramon afraid of heights?" Steve laughed.

Unfortunately, he chose that moment to look directly down and realize REALLY how high up he was.

"Erm...eep!" He gasped.

There was a long moment of silence.

"Steve? What's going on?"

"Erm...Flamedramon aren't afraid of heights...BUT I AM! HELP!!"

Janet swore she could hear his knees knocking. She snickered, thinking about telling it to Zoe the moment she got a chance. First thing though, she had to get him down.

"Don't think about the distance Steve!" Jan yelled, "Just let the Digimon instinct take control and you'll be able to just jump down."

"Are you insane?! That'll be like bungee jumping without the rope!" Steve protested.

"Then perhaps you'll need a little 'persuasion', hehehe..."

"Jan?! What are you doing?!"

Attached to either of Growlmon's forearms was a pair of retractable blades used in one of the attacks. Jan was grinning evilly as she brought up one of them.

"Oh nothing." She whistled innocently. "Just practicing my...Plasma Blade!"

"Hey! AARRRGGGHHHH!" Steve yelled as Jan chopped his tree down.

As the tree begun to fall, so did Steve. However, before even mid-way through the fall, the Flamedramon righted himself in midair. Janet watched as he veered to his left, bouncing off the falling tree and springing to the next. Using the next tree as a springboard, he bounced back.

Keeping to these motions, he neared ground level and used his momentum to propel himself towards Janet, clinging on to her nose.

"Whew! You were...right about...the Digimon...instincts part!" He panted.

"Zatts bery zood. Zow zet off ma nose!"

"Oh, sorry." Steve pulled himself up onto the Growlmon's head and calmly walked up, between her eyes, and took his spot on top of her head. "Come on, get going!"

"Don't get used to that." Jan growled as she walked.

"Already am." Steve grinned, lying down and crossing his legs. "A little bumpy, but sure beats my dad's car."

Janet sighed.

I want out of this Dinosaur!

--------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---

"Ready Zoe?" Sekata asked, dousing the fire by stepping on it.

"As I'll ever be, I suppose." Zoe nodded. She'd strapped a pouch around her left shoulder, an item Sekata had been holding onto when he was pulled into the Digital World. He'd given her several cards too, just in case they ran into more trouble, which was a likely outcome.

As the pair begun their hike, Sekata turned back and glanced towards the cave. He seemed hesitant to say goodbye to his temporary home, the only safe haven he had in the dangerous Digital World.

"You OK?" Zoe asked, putting a claw on his shoulder.

"Don't worry, it's time for me to move on." Sekata nodded, immediately snapping back to his cheerful tone. "I think I've spent long enough hiding in there."

"We'll find my friends, then we'll start looking for a way to get back home." Zoe reassured.

"Yes. We'll head on to the lake I told you about. It's a short walk, but an even shorter flight. You up to it?"

"The flying?"

"It's easy." The Cyberdramon said. "You just let the Digimon do the flying and you concentrate on where to go."

"How?"

"Like this!"

Sekata grabbed her from behind and tossed her up into the air, flying up after her. Zoe let out a slight scream, but realized her wings were moving without conscious though, just like before.

"See, not very difficult, right?" Sekata smiled as they rose above the treetops together.

"Yeah, wow! You're right!"

"Good. Then," He whacked Zoe hard on the shoulder, "Tag! Catch me if you can!"

He immediately flew off.

"Hey! You had an unfair advantage!" Zoe growled, giving chase.

Sekata slowed down, letting her catch up, and at the very last moment, swerved away, sending Zoe to charging into empty air.

"Missed!"

"You just wait!" Zoe grinned, making a turn, "I'll get you yet!"

Soon the pair was engaged in an aerial tag game, laughing, practicing with their wings and trying out all sorts of stunts. Basically, acting like a couple of young children. Not like there was anyone there to see them.

Or so they thought.

--------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---

Eventually, both exhaustion and the realization that they'd been goofing off set in. Together, they descended to the lake below. As they did so, Sekata took Zoe's hand in his own. Zoe looked back at him and smiled.

"Heh, that's really sweet ya." A rough voice came from behind them.

Both dragon-morphs spun round to see a humanoid Digimon in a black leather outfit sitting in a tree nearby.

"Who are you?" Sekata asked.

"The name's Beelzebumon. Mercenary extraordinaire." The virus Digimon jumped down and showed off one of his guns.

Sekata kept one hand on his card belt as he continued to talk.

"You were watching us?"

"It wasn't very difficult, ya? Anyway, you two make such a cute couple. Ya see, my boss happens to want to meet the two of you. I can assure you it'll be pretty beneficial, ya."

"Something really doesn't feel right about this guy." Zoe whispered.

"Yeah, I know." Sekata replied. Then to Beelzebumon, he asked, "One thing; how does he know about us? And for what purpose?"

"Hey, they ain't paying me to ask questions, ya. I'm a mercenary, ya? I just do the dirty work." Beelzebumon had his hands on his pair of gun now. "They also told me to use force if necessary." He grinned, "So, you coming nicely, or do I have trouble, ya?"

Out of the corner of his eye, Sekata noticed Zoe nodding to him. This was a bad spot and it was time to take action.

"Actually...trouble's my middle name!" Sekata whipped out a card, not to slash, to throw instead.

The flying card distracted Beelzebumon so he looked up at it and not at Sekata's fist flying into his face. That was immediately followed up by Zoe sending a flying kick into his chest.

"OOf!" Beelzebumon stumbled and fell backwards.

Sekata calmly caught his card and grinned.

"Not that tough, are you?"

"Argh! You'll pay for that, ya." Beelzebumon scrambled to his feet and aimed his weapons.

Sekata and Zoe snapped into fighting stances, ready to attack or evade. However, something else interrupted them first.

"Stand down you fiend, or suffer my wraith!"

All heads turned up towards the sound of the voice. High up on a tree branch, silhouetted against the blinding sunlight, stood the familiar shape of a Flamedramon.

"Steve!" Zoe realized.

"Looks like I caught you just in time." Steve said, waving.

With a roar, he leapt off the branch and caught a vine. Swinging from vine to vine, Steve did a Tarzan impersonation as he swung towards the awed group on the ground below.

"Hey, watch out for that..." Everyone else yelled.

"Oh F***!" Steve cursed when he realized his final swing was off course.

WHAM!

"...tree."

(Everyone sweatdrops, anime style.)

"Ouch..." Steve moaned as he slid down the tree and landed with a thud on the floor. (With the scraping and screeching sounds.)

"All right, so where were we, ya?" Beelzebumon turned his attention back to the remaining two.

"About to beat you up, that's what!" Zoe clutched her Digivice, ready for action.

"Grrrrrrr...." Sekata growled, doing likewise.

There was a long stare-down as the two groups faced each other. Nothing moved except for the wind stirring up a pile of leaves. Then...

RRRRRING! RRRING!

"D'oh!" Beelzebumon pulled out a cell phone and answered it. "Ya, what? Boss? You...want me back there? Ya, but I'm...OK, OK! I'll be there, ya."

Sekata and Zoe were both staring, mouth-opened.

Guess I was wrong about the Digimon with cell phones bit. Sekata told himself.

"Well, well, today's your lucky day kids." Beelzebumon snapped his fingers and a motorbike rolled up from its hiding place in the bushes. "I gotta run, but I'll leave you with a bit of entertainment first, ya?"

He hopped on and kicked the ignition, but tossed a shiny object on the floor as he sped off in a cloud of exhaust.

"We'll fight another time, ya?" The dark Digimon called as he disappeared.

"Weird." Zoe muttered.

"Yes, but what's that?" Sekata asked, pointing to the object Beelzebumon had dropped. "Looks like a CD."

Suddenly, the disc emitted a bright flash.

The dragons had to shield their eyes, but Sekata noticed a huge shape was beginning to take form. When the light was gone, they were staring up at one angry-looking Megadramon.

"Yikes!" Zoe gasped.

"Zoe, is your friend all right?" Sekata asked, nodding towards Steve, lying facedown on the floor. "You should go check on him."

"And leave you to fight THAT thing all by yourself?" Zoe protested.

"Kanzen type Digimon. He and I are on the same level."

"Huh?"

"Perfect Digimon. Oh, what do you call it in the States? Ultimate level?"

There was no time for any more debating. The gigantic Digimon was already beginning to make its move.

"Go!" Sekata urged, raising his claws. "Erase Claw!"

Zoe nodded reluctantly and dashed towards Steve.

"Steve, wake up!" Zoe said, shaking him.

"Ow! Man, I gotta aim first next time."

"Yeah, sure. Where's Jan?" Zoe queried, glancing toward the battle, where Sekata was now flying round Megadramon in circles, firing off his energy blasts.

"Over here!" The Growlmon appeared, pushing her way through the trees. "Sorry, but I had some trouble getting through."

"Good, cause we've got to help him." Zoe gestured.

"Wow, Cyberdramon." Janet gasped, "Looks like he's doing fine."

"Darkside Attack!"

BOOM!

"GGggaarrgghhh!"

Sekata was thrown roughly to the ground, smashing down several trees in the process. Megadramon roared and turned towards the rest of them.

"Watch out!" Steve yelled. The group had to jump away as a pair of missiles detonated the spot they'd been standing on.

"We have to take him out." Zoe decided.

"Definitely." Steve agreed, readying his Digivice.

"And what am I supposed to do?" Jan asked, "I can't even use my Digivice properly with these hands!"

"Give it to me," Steve gestured, "I'll do it for you."

Reluctantly, Janet complied, tossing the D-Ark into Steve's claws.

"Card Slash..."

"...Hyper Speed Plug-in B!" Zoe yelled.

"...White Wings!" A pair of shimmering wings appeared on the Flamedramon's back. Satisfied, he slashed a card for his friend's benefit. "This one's for you Jan, Thor's Hammer!"

"Move it!" Zoe warned as Megadramon fired again.

With her enhanced speed, she easily dashed away and flew around Megadramon. Steve, with the White Wings, did the same on the other side. Janet grasped the huge Crone Digizoid hammer that had materialized it her hands and used it to deflect the missiles away.

"Take that!" She roared, tossing the hammer. "Exhaust Flame!"

The two attacks stunned the mechanical dragon, giving Zoe and Steve the chance to strike from behind.

"X-laser!"

"Knuckle Fire!"

Megadramon hit the ground hard.

"Did we get him?" Jan wondered.

Unfortunately, the dark dragon roared and raised its head. It was damaged, but not defeated yet.

"Damn! Persistent Bastard!" Steve cursed.

Zoe noticed Sekata several feet away, facing Megadramon's back. The Cyberdramon was getting up and reaching for his card belt.

"Card Slash! King Device!"

Everyone watched in amazement as Sekata grew larger and larger until he was the size of Megadramon.

"Who does he think he is? Ryo Akiyama?" Steve muttered.

With a roar, Sekata grabbed his opponent in a chokehold from behind and drove his left claw through its back and out through its chest. In spite of that, the mechanical dragon kept on struggling and trashing about. The Cyberdramon was barely keeping it restrained.

"He's still having trouble!" Janet warned.

Sekata used his forearm to push Megadramon's head back, revealing its unarmored throat.

"There! He's hinting us!" Zoe pointed.

"Zoe, give me a boost and I'll get it." Steve said.

Zoe grabbed him by the arms and flew him closer towards the battle.

"Now!" Steve jumped and aimed his horned head forward. "Fire Rocket!"

The attack separated its head from the rest of its body. Megadramon exploded into a stream of data bits.

"All right! Was that good or what?" Steve landed and did as good a thumbs-up as he could with just three fingers.

"Not bad at all." Janet commented, running over.

"Erm...guys." Zoe muttered, "We have a problem."

Although the Cyberdramon had returned to normal size, Sekata was still standing in his guarding stance, letting off a deep, low-pitched growl.

"Sekata?" Zoe carefully approached him, "Are you OK?"

He only continued to growl.

"What's wrong?"

Suddenly, he lashed at her with his claws. Zoe barely had time to jump backwards.

"Sekata! It's me! Zoe! What's wrong with you?!"

"He's lost control of his Digimon half." Janet realized.

"Remember how Cyberdramon have a lust for battle?" Steve nodded, "The fight must've stirred it up and now the human can't control it. That lust must be causing him to remain feral."

"Can't we snap him out of it?" Zoe asked, without taking her eyes off Sekata.

"On TV, they said he has to fight as much as he wants to before calming down." Janet said, "And unfortunately, since we're the only other Digimon around..."

"...he thinks we're the enemy." Steve finished.

"There has to be another way." Zoe said softly. "Sekata, you recognize me don't you?"

"Grrrrrrrrr....."

"Take control! Get touch with your human side!" She was slowly approaching him again.

"Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...."

"Be careful Zoe, he looks like he's going to attack." Janet warned.

"He won't attack me," Zoe persisted, looking back at her companions. "I know it."

That was when she heard him roar.

"ERASE CLAW!!!"