Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Eternal Love Blooms ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The next day Ms. Shinshiju came to pick up Valeri.
“The doctor said it’s alright for you to go home today.”
“Great!”
“Finally!”
After Valeri got dressed, they went downstairs.
“It’s a nice day for a walk, eh?”
“Yeah, too bad I can’t.”
“I know. Sucks huh?”
Valeri sighed. “Yes.”
Beelzemon walked over to Ms. Shinshiju’s car and leaned against the passenger door. “What do you want to do when we get home?”
“I don’t know. I probably won’t be able to do much of anything.”
“I’m sure we’ll find somethin’ that we can do.”
“Yeah.”
A few minutes later Ms. Shinshiju came out and unlocked the doors. Beelzemon set Valeri down in the passenger seat.
“See ya at the house,” he said, running his claws through her hair and gave her a swift kiss on the cheek before walking away.
Valeri looked over at her mother, who was staring at her. “What?”
Her mother shook her head and started up the engine.
Valeri looked out the window. “Mom?”
“Yes, dear?”
“Do you think it’ll be alright if I go to the Valentine’s Day Dance next Friday?”
“If you’re well enough, probably. Who are you going with? Beelzemon?”
“Sorta, I’m going to keep Michael company.”
“Oh, I see. Do you want me to take you shopping?”
“Yes, please.”
“Alright then, I’ll take you in a couple days.”
“Thanks Mom.”
As the car pulled up in the driveway, Valeri saw Beelzemon standing on the porch. He walked over to the car and opened the door. He picked Valeri up, went inside, and set her on the couch then sat down beside her.
Ms. Shinshiju walked in.
“Alright, Valeri. You are not to move off the couch for anything for a few days.”
“B”
“No buts.”
“Lemme guess, doc’s orders?” Beelzemon asked sarcastically.
“No, my orders.”
“Oh. Can I sleep in here with her?”
“Yes, I have an air mattress you can use.”
“I don’t need an air mattress.”
“Umm, what’re we doing for dinner?” Valeri asked.
“I was going to make pork chops and whatever else ya wanted.” Ms. Shinshiju replied.
“Oh, Ok.”
Ms. Shinshiju walked out of the living room.
Beelzemon turned to Valeri. “This sucks.”
“Yeah,” She leaned against him. “Well, it’s going to be boring for the next few days.”
He put his arm around her. “I’ll find somethin’ ta entertain ya.”
“You could bring up my Xbox and some games and I can watch you play.”
“But I don’t know how ta play that thing.”
“Don’t worry, I’ll help.”
“Ok.”
Yuri poked her head through the doorway. “Hi, sis.”
“Hello.”
“How ya feelin’?” she asked, walking in.
“Better.”
Suddenly Sasha appeared. She giggled and leaned forward and whispered something in Yuri’s ear.
Both girls giggled.
Beelzemon’s keen hearing caught what she said and he scowled. “I ain’t cute! And I ain’t takin’ off my shirt neither!”
“And he’s already taken!” Valeri snapped irritably.
Beelzemon looked at her in mild surprise. “Of course I am.” He smiled and nuzzled her cheek affectionately.
Yuri and her friend walked out of the living room. Beelzemon picked up the remote off the coffee table, turned on the TV, and started flipping through the channels. After he found a decent show, he put the remote back on the table and stretched himself out on the couch. Valeri leaned back against him, resting her head on his chest. Beelzemon absently began to stroke her hair. Valeri closed her eyes and sighed.
Valeri opened her eyes. She saw that a dark green sheet was lying on her. She felt something brush against the top of her head and looked up to see that Beelzemon was asleep with his head in the crook of his arm. Every time he exhaled, it brushed against her hair. Valeri smiled and leaned up to kiss his cheek before resting her head under the bottom of his chin and closing her eyes.

The next day Beelzemon went out for a while so Valeri was stuck watching TV. I wish he’d hurry. I’m soo bored! She sighed.
Valeri looked up when she heard the door open and saw Beelzemon walk in, holding his arm behind his back. “Finally!”
“What?” Beelzemon asked, walking into the living room.
“Where’ve you been?”
He stood in front of her, a small secretive smile on his lips. “Out.” he replied.
“What is that look for?”
“Oh, nothing.”
“Oh, could you move, please? You’re blocking my view.”
Beelzemon pulled his arm from behind his back, presenting Valeri with a dethorned deep blood red rose.
Valeri gasped. “It’s beautiful! You are such a sweetheart.” She took the rose and smiled up at him.
He smiled and leaned down to kiss her. Valeri put her arm around his neck and returned the kiss.
Ms. Shinshiju walked through the doorway, looking at a paper. “Hey, Valerimy.” she said as she looked up.
Beelzemon and Valeri looked over at her in surprise, blushing lightly. Beelzemon straightened up and cleared his throat nervously, looking away.
Valeri giggled. “Look at what Beelzemon got me!” she said, holding up the rose.
Beelzemon blushed deeper as Ms. Shinshiju said, “It’s beautiful!”
She walked over, took it from Valeri, and examined it. Valeri grabbed Beelzemon’s hand and yanked him down. He sat down beside her on the couch.
Ms. Shinshiju handed the rose back to Valeri. “What do you want to eat?”
“I’m not really that hungry.”
“Then I’ll make something light.”
“Alright.”
Ms. Shinshiju turned and walked out of the room.
Beelzemon picked up the controller from the table and continued the game he was playing earlier. Valeri watched Beelzemon for a while before she got bored, but she did not say anything.
Ms. Shinshiju walked into the living room. “Valeri, time for your medicine. Oh, and Beelzemon? Could you help me with cleaning out the garage? I really could use your help.”
“I guess so.”
“Ooh, bad call.” Valeri said with a soft giggle.
Beelzemon looked at her questionably. He stood up.
“Alright then, follow me, and here, Val.” Ms. Shinshiju said, handing Valeri a bottle.
Valeri watched as the two left the room.
She sighed. “This is going to take awhile.”
Valeri stretched herself out on the couch and popped open the lid and took out a two pills before putting the lid back on. She swallowed the pills and set the bottle on the table. Valeri closed her eyes and dropped off to sleep.
Beelzemon awakened her sometime later as he brought in a box and set it in the living room. Valeri looked over at him. He had his jacket slung and gloves over his shoulder and his shirt tucked in his belts. Beads of sweat trickled down his face and chest.
“Good God is it hot out there!”
“I’m sure it is. Today is supposed to be the hottest day of the month.”
“Yer mom’s nuts fer choosing taday ta clean out the garage. I never knew ya had a van!”
“Yeah, how’d ya think we got all the junk here in the first place?”
He shrugged. Valeri smiled.
“Well, I’m gunna go take a shower.”
Suddenly Valeri got an idea. “Hey, Beelzemon? After you’re done could you down to my room and bring up my paints? They’re in the bottom drawer of my dresser along with my paintbrushes.”
“Sure.”
“Thanks.” She watched as he left the room. I wonder if he’ll like my idea. Probably. Valeri smiled to herself.
Beelzemon came in with her paints and paintbrushes ten minutes later. He set the paints on the table. “What’re ya goin’ ta do? Want me ta get ya some paper?”
“No thanks, I don’t need any paper.” Valeri replied as she opened the paint lids.
“What are ya gonna use then?”
She picked up a paintbrush and was examining it. “You.”
“Me?!” Beelzemon asked, bewildered. “What for?!”
“Calm down. You’ll see when I’m finished. Now come sit down, this shouldn’t take too long.”
Hesitantly, Beelzemon walked over and sat on the couch beside Valeri.
“Alright now, just hold still.” Valeri said.
Beelzemon inhaled sharply as the cold paint touched his skin.
A few minutes later Ms. Shinshiju walked in.
“What on earth are you doing?”
“You’ll see.” Valeri said, not looking up.
Ms. Shinshiju stood and watched her daughter for a few moments before walking out of the room. She returned a few moments later carrying a camcorder.
“Oh, so now yer gunna videotape the whole thing?” Beelzemon asked sarcastically.
“Why not? It’s not every day that I get to watch my daughter do something like this.”
“Alright.”
An hour later Valeri set down her paintbrush and examined the work she had finished so far. “Almost done, Beelzemon. Just need to add color and the small details. Should take about another hour.”
“Damn, this sure is takin’ a long time.”
“Sorry.”
Beelzemon smiled. “It’s alright.”
“Wow! To think this is only the outline!” Ms. Shinshiju said, highly impressed. “Good thing I did videotape this!”
Valeri blushed lightly. “Thanks Mom.” She picked up a slightly larger brush and dipped it in the white paint.
After an hour, Valeri was completely finished.
It was a sea dragon with glossy opal scales that had glossy black on the bottom and a white underbelly with a light blue tinge to it, a fintail, and two front arms with webbed paws. Sharp spikes ran along its spine. Almond eyes with slitted pupils, long sinuous whiskers, and finearwere on its slender face as well as horns sprouting from behind the ear
The dragon’s body was loosely coiled around Beelzemon’s stomach and chest and draped over his right shoulder so that the dragon’s neck was wrapped around the back of his neck once and the head was over his heart with the jaws open. The tail ended on his left side and fanned out on the bottom of his stomach and back. One paw was over his stomach while the other was on his chest. The claws looked like they were digging into Beelzemon’s flesh with small trickles of blood.
“That looks astounding!”
Valeri blushed lightly.
“Hey! I wanna see!”
“There’s a mirror in my room but before you go let me get the entire thing. Stand up.”
Beelzemon stood up and looked down at his chest. “Cool.”
“You haven’t seen the whole thing yet.”
Beelzemon walked out of the room.
“Dear, you are such a good artist! You really should put your skills to better use.” Ms. Shinshiju said, putting up her camcorder.
“I know.”
A few moments later Beelzemon walked in, looking pleased. “Man, Val. I love what ya did. Thanks a lot.”
Valeri smiled. “You’re welcome.”
Beelzemon sat down beside her on the edge of the couch.
“Tomorrow we’re going to the store.”
“All of us?” Valeri asked.
“Yes, you can get up from the couch, tomorrow.”
“Cool.”
“Wait a second; Beelzemon won’t fit in the car.”
“Oh, yeah. Well, he could ride in the van since we got it uncovered.”
“Great idea, Mom.”
Ms. Shinshiju smiled. “Thank you, dear.” She turned and walked out of the room, still holding the camcorder.
Beelzemon stood up. “Well, I better find a way ta get this paint dry, so I don’t mess it up. Maybe yer mom has a fan or somethin’ I could use.”
“If she doesn’t then ask Yuri, she has at least two she’d let you bum.”
“Kay.” He walked out of the room.
Valeri busied herself with putting the lids back on the paints and cleaning off the brushes. I’m glad he likes it so much. It looks much better on him than I thought. She smiled.
A couple minutes later Beelzemon dashed into the room.
“What’s wrong with you?”
“Them girls! Oh, crap. I’ll be right back, I’m gunna go find someplace ta hide ‘til they go away.” He darted out of the room.
A moment later Yuri and her friend walked in, looking around. Yuri was wearing a dark green halterand a dark blue miniskirt while Sasha was wearing a white halterwith pink embroidered flowers and khakis.
“You guys bothering my boyfriend again?”
Yuri smiled innocently. “No.” she said sweetly.
“You draw remarkably well, Valeri. Do you take requests?”
“Matters what you want drawn. I do draw well, but I can only draw certain things.”
Sasha walked over and sat down beside Valeri. “Can you make butterflies and hearts?”
“Yes. What would you like?”
“I want a butterfly inside a heart.”
“What colors?”
“Um, purple, pink, and….”
“What about a light shade of emerald green or maybe ruby red?”
“The emerald green sounds like a good idea.”
“Great! Paint or colored pencil?”
“Paint.”
Valeri looked over at her sister. “Yuri? Could you find me some paper?”
“Sure sis.” She walked out of the living room.
Beelzemon stuck his head through the doorway. “They gone yet?” He spotted Sasha. “Damn.” he muttered, frowning.
“Beelzemon, come on in.” Valeri said encouragingly.
Beelzemon hesitantly walked in and sat down by Valeri so that he was right up against her. He folded his arms across his chest and slumped forward in a vain attempt to hide himself.
Valeri could see his distress and tried to think of a way to get him to relax. Suddenly she came up with an idea. “Beelzemon? Would you mind getting me a snow cone?”
“Sure!” he replied eagerly, jumping up. “What kind?”
“Black cherry, please.”
“Alrighty.” He hurried out of the room.
Valeri heard the door close. She turned to Sasha. “You two have really gotten him riled up.”
Sasha giggled. “I know, but he looks sooo sexy! Especially with that cool tattoo you painted on him. Does he work out? ‘Cause he’s got such a hot bod! Doncha think?”
Valeri blushed deeply. “Well…I….”
Sasha grinned. “Come on, admit it! He is your boyfriend after all!”
“Yes! I think he has a hot body, happy now?” Valeri snapped, going red in the face with embarrassment.
Sasha giggled.
“He doesn’t like the fact that you two are messing with him.”
“Val, you are so lucky. I wish I had a boyfriend like that.”
“He’s a handful though. He can get really nasty when he’s angry.”
Sasha grimaced. “I bet. The guy looks like he could probably do some bad damage.”
“Afraid so.”
Suddenly the doorbell rang.
“Oh, I’ll get it!” Valeri got up and walked over to the door. She opened the door and was greeted by the sight of Lucian in a light pink tand blue jean shorts with white tennis shoes and her mother, who was wearing a dark blue tand blue jean shorts and black tennis shoes. “Hello.”
“Hello. My daughter asked if she could see you.”
“Sure! I’d love company.”
“Val!”
The three looked over and saw Beelzemon walking up to them, a snow cone in one hand.
“What?”
He stopped and put a hand on his hip, putting on an expression of mock sternness. “Yer mom said ya ain’t supposed to get off the couch ‘til tamorrow!” he chided gently as he walked up to her.
“Oh, Beelzemon,” Valeri rolled her eyes. “Getting off the couch to answer the door ain’t gonna kill me.”
“Ya never know….” Beelzemon snickered and handed her the snow cone. He picked her up and walked inside.
As he carried her into the living room, she said over his shoulder. “Come on in. Beelzemon’s just being silly.”
“Just doin’ what your mom said.”
“Oh, so she told you not to let me off the couch?” Valeri asked as he set her down.
“Exactly.”
Valeri giggled. Lucian and her mother sat down on the couch beside Sasha.
Yuri walked in and set down the paper she was carrying on the table in front of Valeri. “There, I got you extra just in case.”
“Thanks.”
Yuri looked at Beelzemon and giggled. Beelzemon made a face.
Lucian cocked her head to one side. “Is that a tattoo?” she asked Beelzemon.
“Lucian!” her mother scolded.
“Sorry.”
“It’s alright. No, Val drew it on me earlier.”
“She did? Wow, she’s good.” Lucian’s mother said, astounded.
Valeri blushed lightly. “Erm thanks.”
“Valeri? Could we start on my design? Sorry to seem in a hurry but Yuri and I are going somewhere soon.” Sasha said.
Valeri nodded understandingly. She picked out a piece of paper and a brush. Then she dipped it in black and began on the outline of the butterfly.
As she drew Sasha told her how she wanted it. After twenty minutes, Valeri finished the outline of the picture.
Lucian’s mother was very impressed. “Wow, that’s astonishing. But, not to seem mean or anything, I like the dragon you did better. You know what? A friend of mine is a tattoo artist. He’s looking for someone who can help him design the tattoos for him. Interested?”
“Uh, I don’t know….”
“Come on dear! Take it!” Ms. Shinshiju insisted as she walked into the room.
“Hmmm….”
“Come on Val!” Beelzemon urged.
“Alright, I guess….”
“Great! I'll talk to him in a couple days and send him over.”
Beelzemon picked up the snow cone and took a sip.
Valeri looked over at him. “Hey! I thought that was mine.”
“It’s mine too! I bought it.” Beelzemon said defensively, taking another sip, grinning.
“Alright. Hey Lucian? Do you like cats?”
“Ooooh, yes!”
“Shadow! Shadow?”
“Mew!” The small kitten darted into the room and jumped on Valeri’s lap. He started purring and rubbing against her.
She smiled as she petted him. “What have you been up to?”
“He’s been bothering me and sleeping in your room. He’s almost as bad as Beelzemon!” Ms. Shinshiju said with a small smile.
“I ain’t that bad!” Beelzemon insisted, frowning.
Valeri giggled. “Oh, really?”
Shadow sniffed Lucian’s hand experimentally. Satisfied, he walked onto her lap. Lucian giggled as she petted him happily.
Yuri and Sasha left the room.
Valeri started adding color to the picture. “Mom? Has anyone fed Kazel yet?”
“Er, I don’t think so….”
“Oh no! Then he hasn’t been fed since last week!”
“Calm down, I’ll go feed him right now.”
Valeri sighed with relief. “Thanks, Mom.”
“You’re welcome dear.” Ms. Shinshiju said as she walked out of the room.
Lucian’s mother turned to Valeri. “Who’s Kazel?”
“He’s my baby Ball Python.”
“Oh.” She made a small face.
An hour or so later Lucian and her mother left.
“Tomorrow, can we go for a walk when we get back?”
“Sure.”
Beelzemon stood up. “Want anythin’?”
“Um, just whatever you’re gettin’.”
“Alright.” He came back a moment later with two sandwiches. He handed one to her as he sat down.
“Thanks.” Valeri said, taking it from him.
Beelzemon propped his feet up on the table, crossing them. Valeri stretched herself out, resting her back against Beelzemon’s side. He slipped his arm around her waist.
Suddenly feeling exhausted, Valeri finished her sandwich and closed her eyes.

Friday night came and Beelzemon was sitting on the couch, waiting for Ms. Shinshiju to be done with helping Valeri to get dressed. Beelzemon looked up from the TV and his jaw dropped when he saw Valeri walking through the doorway. She was wearing a oneblack dress made of satinmaterial that went just below her knees and black lowboots that went to her knees and zipped up on the sides. Her hair was put up in an invisible French braid.
“Um, ylike it?” Valeri asked, smiling shyly and blushing lightly.
Beelzemon stood up and walked over to her. “Val, ya look sooo…whoa, sexy.” He looked her up and down and whistled.
Valeri blushed deeply. “TSoo, aren’t you going to wear your shirt?”
“Nah, too nice outside for that. I’ll just wear my jacket.” He picked up his jacket and slipped it on.
“Oh, Ok.”
“Damn do you look sexy! Looks like I’m gunna haveta keep the other guys from tryin’ ta hit on ya.” he said with a chuckle.
Valeri giggled. “I know you will.”
Beelzemon brushed a stray strand of hair off her face, leaned down, and kissed her softly, resting one hand on her cheek and one arm around her waist. Valeri put her hand on his cheek.
Yuri walked in and, seeing the two, sighed. “Val, you are so lucky.”
The two pulled away and looked at her. She was wearing a glittery red spaghetti strap dress that had a ruffled bottom and ended just above her knees. She wore black leather strapped highsandals that buckled. Her hair was put up just like Valeri’s. She had on red heartearrings and makeup.
“Why?” Valeri asked.
“Because you have such a hot boyfriend. Who woulda thought that the girl who had no friends and was so shy she had a hard time asking others for stuff would even get a boyfriend!”
“Ah, shut it Yuri!” Beelzemon barked.
“I don’t have to.”
“Now, now that’s enough you two,” Ms. Shinshiju said as she walked into the room. “Come on, get in the van.”

When they reached the school Yuri went to find her friends and Beelzemon followed Valeri as she looked for Michael. They found him sitting in one of the chairs near the back of the gym.
Many of the teenagers, especially the boys, stared at Valeri in surprise; she usually wore more casual, less girly outfits. They could not help but stare at her, at least until Beelzemon shot them venomous glances and growled warningly.
“Hey, Michael.” Valeri said as they reached were he was sitting.
Michael looked up at her and gasped. “H” He blushed deeply and turned his gaze away.
“I’m gunna go stand by the entrance.” Beelzemon said, indicating with his thumb. He turned and walked away.
“Oh, alright. C’ya.” Valeri said, slightly disappointed that he was not going to stay. She sat down beside Michael.
“Sum…you look astounding….” he said, quite flustered.
Valeri smiled shyly. “Thanks.”
Beelzemon was watching them with disgust from the other side of the room. He was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed and one foot one the wall. She’s MY girlfriend! Why should she be hanging out with him? Doesn’t she know he likes ‘er? Maybe not. Or maybe she’s just ignoring him and being, bleh, nice. That’s the way she is. He looked up at the ceiling and closed his eyes.
“Beelzemon?”
He opened his eyes and looked down to see Valeri holding a cup of water. “Hmm?”
She held up the cup. “I thought you might want something to drink.”
“Thanks.” he said, taking the cup from her and taking a sip.
She smiled. “You’re welcome.”
Beelzemon smiled and put his hand on her cheek. “You do know that Michael likes ya, doncha?”
Valeri’s smile faded. “Yes.” She sighed.
“Not gettin’ any ideas right?”
“‘Course not,” Valeri hugged Beelzemon. “I love you and no one else, ‘cept Mom and Yuri of course.”
“That’s good.”
“Well, I’d better get back to Michael, won’t you come with?”
“Nah, ya know how I feel about him.”
She sighed. “Yes, well, I’ll be back in a couple minutes ta check up on you.”
Beelzemon smiled as he watched her walk away. I never thought I’d have a friend, yet here I am with a human that loves me. A human! Oh well, I love her all the same. God she looks so beautiful in that outfit. Well, actually she looks beautiful period. He downed the rest of his water, tossed the cup in the trashcan, rested his chin on his chest, and closed his eyes as he crossed his arms.
Valeri walked over to Michael. He was staring straight ahead, eyes full of terror.
“What’s wrong Michael?”
“It’s Dagger. He’s coming this way, and he doesn’t look happy.” Michael replied in a frightened whisper.
Valeri turned around and saw Dagger stomping towards them, a hateful look on his face. “Oh God.”
“Valeri! I gotta bone ta pick with you!” Dagger said, grabbing her by her shoulders and pushing her against the wall.
“Uh, wis it?”
“What the hell do ya think you’re doin’ hanging around with my brother? Why won’t you hang out with me?” Dagger asked hurtfully. He pushed harder on her shoulders. “And might I add you look quite sexy in that outfit?”
“Ow! Stop! Let go!”
“Aw, come on, babe. Wanna go out with me?” Dagger asked, a feral grin spreading on his face. He ran his fingers across her cheek.
Valeri gave him a look of disgust. “Why would I want to go out with the guy that beats me up every day? I don’t think so.”
Dagger growled. “You stupid bitch! Fine, then I’ll just make you.” He leaned closer and pressed his lips to hers in an eager, hungry kiss that bruised her lips, pressing his body against hers to keep her from struggling.
Valeri kicked him hard in the shin and he pulled away.
“OW! Why you” He balled his hand in a fist and backhanded her viciously.
Tears swelled in Valeri’s eyes and she could taste blood in her mouth. “Ow….”
Michael had run over to Beelzemon. “Beelzemon! My brother’s got Valeri!”
“What?” Beelzemon’s eyes snapped open and he looked up to see Dagger with Valeri pinned to the wall, forcefully kissing her. He rushed over to them, knocking everyone out of the way. Damn that boy! This time I’m gonna kill him!
Valeri’s eyes widened when she saw Dagger pull out a switchblade after he pulled away from the kiss.
He pressed it to her throat. “I’m gunna give you a choice. Either ya go out with me or I’ll slit yer pretty throat!”
Valeri was unable to answer, not wanting to hurt her throat on the blade.
Dagger pressed the blade harder into her throat and squeezed her injured shoulder harder. Valeri cried out in pain, tears slid down her face.
Beelzemon came up behind Dagger and grabbed him by the back of his throat. “How dare you harm Val! I’ve been waitin’ ta be able ta getcha for hurtin’ her!”
Dagger struggled uselessly as Beelzemon slammed him into the wall not far from Valeri. Valeri slid down the wall and put her hand on her throat, pressing her lips together to keep from crying out.
“Nobody hurts my girlfriend and gets away with it!” Beelzemon snarled in Dagger’s face.
Dagger’s eyes widened in surprise. “What the hell are you talking about?!”
Beelzemon hurled Dagger into a large crowd of scared teenagers before walking after him. Valeri stood up and took off towards the entrance.
Beelzemon heard her and spun around. “Val!” He took off after her. He found her standing outside.
Valeri looked over her shoulder at him as he walked up to her. He could see the tears on her face glinting in the light from the moon and her whole body shaking. He could also see the bruises on her cheek and lips.
“Val? You alright?” he asked as he walked up to her
Valeri nodded and removed her hand from her throat to wipe her eyes, show him the long line oozing blood.
Beelzemon untied his bandana and wrapped it around her neck. “Better?” he asked, tying the ends.
“A little. Thanks.”
“Yer welcome.”
Valeri rested her head against his chest and he put his arms around her.
“It’s alright now. He’s not gonna hurt you anymore.” Beelzemon said soothingly, running his claws through her hair slowly.
“I know.” Valeri said softly, closing her eyes.
“I think I got somethin’ that might cheer ya up.”
“Hmm?” Valeri looked up at him curiously.
Beelzemon took a small black box from under one of his arm guards and held it out to Valeri.
“What is it?”
“Open it.”
Valeri opened the lid and gasped. Inside was a silver chain with an aqua green dragon wrapped around a red heartstone.
“I thought you might like it, since you like dragons.”
“Oh, Beelzemon. I love it! Thank you.” She hugged him happily.
Beelzemon smiled. “Yer welcome.” He fastened the necklace around her neck.
Valeri pulled away. “I have something for you too,” she said, pulling a folded piece of paper out of a hidden pocket on her dress.
She held it out to him and he took it, looking at her questionably. He had not been expecting to get anything from her.
He unfolded it and surveyed the picture before looking up at her. “Val, Idon’t know what ta say. No one’s ever made somethin’ for me before.”
Valeri smiled. “You don’t have to. I was hoping you would like it.”
Beelzemon sighed. “I love you, so much.” He brushed his hand across her cheek and leaned down to kiss her passionately yet gently because of her bruised lips.
Both were unaware that Michael was watching them as they madeHe sighed. I guess she only liked me as a friend. Desolate and disappointed, Michael walked back inside.
Beelzemon pulled away. “Happy Valentine’s Day, love. You wanna go back inside?”
“Sure, if you want. I feel better now.”
Beelzemon smiled. “Aright.”
They walked inside. Inside everyone was calming down and continuing with their conversations, the music was still playing. Suddenly “Only One” by Yellowcard stared up.
“I like this song.” Valeri said quietly.
Beelzemon put his arms around her, listening to the lyrics. “You know, this kinda says how I feel about you.”
Valeri giggled. “Yeah. You know, this could be our song.”
“Yeah.”
Valeri sang along to the song under her breath. This really has been a Happy Valentine’s Day.