Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Eternal Love Blooms ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Valeri sighed and looked around. She was chained to a large rock. LadyDevimon was watching her; an Ogremon was snoozing a short distance away. Megadramon was busy stuffing his face with food.
LadyDevimon walked over to her. “You are going to be such fun to play with.” she grinned maliciously.
“Let me go!”
“I don’t think so.” LadyDevimon chuckled.
“Beelzemon will find me. And when he does, he’s going to kill you all.”
LadyDevimon’s grin turned into a snarl. She grabbed Valeri’s left wrist and bent her arm forcefully in a way it was not supposed to.
Valeri screamed as excruciating pain tore through her entire arm. She could feel her bones beginning to crack.

Behind a bush on the far side of the clearing, Beelzemon watched with suppressed rage. Suddenly he sensed movement behind him and turned around to see Serena and the others. “I thought I told ya I don’t need any help!”
Serena knelt down beside him. “She’s our friend too! Besides, how are you gonna save her from them by yourself?”
“Idon’t know.” Beelzemon admitted ruefully, dropping his gaze.
“See? We need to work together.”
Beelzemon let out a string of vile curse words as he turned to look at Valeri who was shaking and cradling her arm, crying quietly. I can save her by myself. Those bastards are gunna pay!
LadyDevimon had walked away over to Megadramon and sat down.
While the Tamers discussed what they would do, Beelzemon watched Valeri. He saw the Ogremon walk over to her.
Ogremon jabbed her with his club and said something. Then he started laughing and LadyDevimon walked over to him. She looked at Valeri and suddenly let out one of her Darkness Wave attacks, causing Valeri to scream and slump down.
Beelzemon lost control. He stood up. “That’s it, I’ve had enough!”
A bright light consumed him. It dissipated, showing Beelzemon with purpleblack feathered wings and green eyes.
The Tamers and their Partners stared wideas he flew off.
“He can Digivolve on his own?!”

LadyDevimon and Ogremon cackled and bent down to pick up Valeri. They heard Megadramon growl and looked up at him.
“Corona Blaster!”
A purple blast slammed into Megadramon. Beelzemon landed next to the startled virals; positron cannon on his arm.
LadyDevimon grinned. “Ooooh, it’s the big bad viral come to rescue his pathetic human!”
Beelzemon’s eyes narrowed. “Your dead meat for hurting her,” He raised his cannon. “Corona Blaster!”
The blast slammed into Ogremon and threw him into LadyDevimon.
Beelzemon’s cannon disappeared and he turned to Valeri.
She looked up at him. “Beelzemon? I knew you’d come! You look different. Almost like a Dark Angel I saw in movie.”
He smiled grimly. “Yup. Blast Mode. Pretty cool. Well, we better get outta here.”
Beelzemon knelt down and started trying to break the chains. He grunted as he tore the chains apart. Then he picked her up.
She cried out as her injured arm pressed against him.
“What? Are you alright?” Beelzemon asked in alarm.
“I think my arm’s broken,” She winced. “Everything else hurts too.”
“Don’t worry. I’m gonna get you back home.”
Valeri forced a smile. “I know you will.”
“Darkness Wave!”
The attack hit Beelzemon in the back. He grunted and bent over Valeri.
“Are you Ok?” she asked in alarm.
Beelzemon nodded. “Fine,” He straightened up. “Hold on tight!”
Valeri grabbed hold of the side of his jacket as he took off into the air. She looked down and saw the Tamers running back towards the campsite. “Beelzemon, are we going back to their camp first?”
“If you want.”
“Yes please.”
A few minutes later Beelzemon dropped down in the middle of the campsite. He set Valeri down.
The Tamers along with their Partners came running up behind them.
“That was awesome!” Serena said.
“Yeah,” Nicoli agreed. “You are so cool!”
“Neat!”
The Digimon nodded their agreements.
Beelzemon grinned smugly. “Yeah, but don’t any of you try it.”
Valeri forced a smile. “We had better get going. I’m sure LadyDevimon and her pals aren’t very happy.”
“What about your arm?”
“I’ll be fine.”
Beelzemon reached out to pick her up but she pulled away.
“I can walk by myself.”
He gave her a look of concern. “Ok, but if you need me to, I’ll carry ya.”
“Come on, let’s get going.”
“But just in case, we should have our Digimon Digivolve.”
“Wait, it would be easier if Candlemon was the only one to, since he’s smaller.”
“That’s a good idea. The others would easily be seen.”
“Alright then,” Nicoli took out a blue card and slashed it through his D“Matrix Evolution!”
“Candlemon Digivolve to….”
“SkullMeramon!”
They started walking off in the direction of the Digi
Beelzemon looked at Valeri and saw that her eyes were clouded with pain and exhaustion. This is hurting her terribly. Even though she says she can, she really can’t. “Would ya like me ta carry you?”
“No, thanks.” she replied, shaking her head. Suddenly she started coughing violently and fell to her knees, clutching her stomach with her uninjured arm as she spat up blood.
Beelzemon dropped down beside her. “Val, you alright?!” Beelzemon dropped down beside her.
The others stopped and turned around.
Betamon walked up to the two. “Is she Ok?”
Beelzemon looked at him then looked back at Valeri and put a hand on her back. Slowly the coughing subsided to wheezing gasps.
Beelzemon gathered her up in his arms and stood up. “We’d better hurry.”
The others turned and started walking. Beelzemon slowly walked after them, careful not to jostle Valeri.
“Beelzemon?” Valeri asked quietly, her voice hoarse.
“Yes?”
“Is there any water? I really need some.” She swallowed painfully.
“Sorry, love. You’ll have to wait ‘til we get out of here.”
Valeri looked down sadly, rested her head against his chest, and closed her eyes.
Michael took a water bottle out of his pocket. He stopped and looked at Valeri. He walked up to Beelzemon. “Here, this is for Valeri.”
Before Beelzemon could say anything Michael turned and ran to catch up with the others.
Beelzemon watched him for a moment before looking down at Valeri and giving her a slight nudge. She opened her eyes slightly and Beelzemon held out the bottle to her. Her eyes opened completely and she took the bottle and opened it. She eagerly took a large sip. After she was done, she closed it, handed it to Beelzemon, and closed her eyes.
After ten minutes, they reached the portal.
“Alright we’re here.”
Serena turned to Beelzemon. “Now you guys should hurry.”
“I’ll see ya around, Val.” Michael said quietly.
Valeri smiled. “I’m sure we will.”
“It was nice to meet you. I feel terrible that we have to depart in this situation.” Nicoli said.
Betamon started growling and Beelzemon’s eyes narrowed as he glanced around.
“What is it?” Valeri asked, looking up at him.
“Company.” Beelzemon replied.
No sooner did he say this than a wave of bats rammed into SkullMeramon. He slammed into a tree.
“SkullMeramon!” Nicoli ran over to his downed Partner.
LadyDevimon, Ogremon, and Megadramon appeared from behind some bushes.
“Alright it’s time to kick it up a notch! Biomerge Activate!” Serena held up her D
Michael did the same. The two and their Digimon were surrounded by gold lights. The gold lights merged, leaving a MetalSeadramon and a Phoenixmon in their absence.
“Wow.” Valeri whispered in astonishment.
Valeri and Beelzemon watched with awe as MetalSeadramon and Phoenixmon attacked the three Virals.
“Energy Blast!”
“Crimson Flare!”
The Virals jumped out of the way and let loose their attacks.
“Genocide Attack!”
“Darkness Wave!”
“Pummel Whack!”
The two Megas dodged LadyDevimon and Ogremon’s attacks but Megadramon’s missiles exploded between MetalSeadramon and Phoenixmon, damaging the two Megas.
“Ow, that hurt!” Serena grunted from inside Phoenixmon.
“Let’s give ‘em a taste of their own medicine!” MetalSeadramon said in Michael and Betamon’s voices.
“You got it! Crimson Flare!” She flew up and flapped her wings and fireballs rained down from the sky.
Everyone scrambled for cover. SkullMeramon bent over Nicoli protectively. Beelzemon wrapped his wings around Valeri and himself.
“You tryin’ ta kill us?!” Beelzemon demanded angrily, pulling back his wings, which were covered in soot and a patch on one wing was on fire.
“Sorry guys. Uh, Beelzemon, your wing is on fire.”
“What?” He looked at his wing. “Oh crap it is!” He set Valeri down and started frantically trying to put it out.
Valeri tried to help him by pouring some of the water from the water bottle on it.
“Ah, thanks Val.” Beelzemon said gratefully.
“You’re welcome.”
“Incoming!”
Beelzemon looked up and was thrown into a tree by a missile.
Valeri rushed to his side. “Beelzemon!”
LadyDevimon laughed. “Stupid pathetic Digimon! You can’t defeat us!”
“We’ll show you!” MetalSeadramon wrapped himself around Megadramon. He squeezed until the Viral dragon exploded violently into data.
“One down, two ta go!”
LadyDevimon screamed in anger. The claws on her left fused together and she flew up. The enraged Viral lashed out at Phoenixmon and slashed her across the chest. Phoenixmon cried out in pain and unleashed a Crimson Flare that knocked LadyDevimon out of the sky.
Valeri was helping Beelzemon up when LadyDevimon crashed into them.
LadyDevimon jumped up and sneered, seeing that she had the advantage over the two. She held the point of her fused claws at Beelzemon’s throat. “Well, hotshot. What are you gonna do now?”
Beelzemon slowly reached for the gun on his boot. “This!” He pulled it out, thrust the barrel in her stomach, and pulled the trigger. “Double Impact!”
She screamed in pain and went flying into Ogremon, who was fighting SkullMeramon, knocking him over.
Valeri helped Beelzemon to his feet. He walked over to the two downed Virals. His positron cannon formed on his arm and he pointed it at them.
“Busuckers,” he cackled. “Corona Bla”
In an act of desperation, LadyDevimon had thrust her fused claws into Beelzemon’s chest. Valeri and the Tamers watched in speechless horror as he fell to his knees.
LadyDevimon jerked her claws out of him, sneering. “That should take care of you!”
He gritted his teeth and put his free hand over the wound. Full of determined rage, he struggled to stand. “You bitch! You’ll pay…!” he hissed through clenched teeth. He raised his positron cannon. “Corona Destroyer!” He drew a pentagram in the air and fired into it.
The pentagram began to glow and a huge blast shot out of it, engulfing LadyDevimon and Ogremon. They screamed and burst into data.
Beelzemon chuckled weakly. “That outta teach ‘em ta mess with me….” He collapsed and began fizzing in and out.
“Beelzemon!” Valeri ran over and dropped down beside him. “Beelzemon.” she whispered, reaching out her hand. Tears spilled down her face. She pulled her hand away, afraid that he would disappear if she touched him.
Suddenly he began to glow and grow smaller. The light dispersed, leaving behind a battered dark purple creature.
Valeri picked him up and saw that he was unconscious. She cradled him in her uninjured arm. MetalSeadramon and Phoenixmon began to glow and separated into Serena, Michael, Betamon, and Biyomon. Serena and Michael walked over to Valeri and put a hand on her shoulders. She looked up at them and smiled weakly before looking back at the unconscious Digimon.
Serena held up her D“Hmmm, it says that this is Impmon; a Rookie.”
“Come on, Val. Let’s get you home.”
Valeri nodded and stood up. Betamon and Biyomon followed their Tamers as they helped Valeri.
When they reached her house, the two helped her inside while their Digimon waited outside.
“Mom!”
Ms. Shinshiju dashed into the room. “Val, I was so worried…what happened to you; you’re a mess! And who are you?”
She looked from one teenager to the other in confusion.
“My name’s Serena. We had some trouble. Your daughter needs medical attention.”
“What? Is she Ok?!”
“I’m alright Mom,” she coughed hoarsely. “Well, mostly.”
“Let’s get you to the hospital, right now.”
Ms. Shinshiju got her daughter in the car and drove to the hospital, where she was taken care of.
“Mom,” Valeri said before she was taken in to get X“Can you take him home and fix him up for me?” She held out the still unconscious Impmon.
Ms. Shinshiju gave her a funny look. “Who is he?”
“It’s Beelzemon, well sorta. He got hurt really bad and De”
“Oh, I was wondering where Beelzemon was. Don’t worry I’ll take good care of him for you.”
Valeri smiled. “Thanks Mom.”
As Valeri was taken into the Xroom the doctor, a woman in her late thirties with dark brown hair, walked over to Ms. Shinshiju.
“Don’t worry. We’ll have her checked out. She looks rather bad though. However, we’ll have her fixed up in a jiffy. Come back tomorrow for the results of her tests. You might not be able to take her home for a few days. I have no clue how she could be in this condition.”
‘Thank you doctor. I have no idea how she got this way. But,” She looked down at Impmon. “I think I know someone who does.”
The doctor looked down at Impmon. “Is that a stuffed animal?”
“Huh? Yyes it is!”
“It’s so lifeWhere can I get one like that? I’m sure my daughter would love one!”
“Uh, my, um, mom got it for my youngest daughter, yes. She didn’t tell me where she got it.”
“Oh,” the doctor’s smile faded slightly. Then it returned. “Well, have a safe trip home.”
“I will. And thank you.” Ms. Shinshiju said, as she walked towards the entrance door.
Ms. Shinshiju drove home and got Impmon situated on the couch before getting ready for bed.

Impmon slowly opened his eyes and sat up, rubbing his head. Ohh, my head. Where the hell am I? He looked around. Oh, I’m in Val’s living room. But where’s Val?
Ms. Shinshiju walked into the living room. “Oh, I see you’re awake.”
“Where’s Val?”
“At the hospital.”
“Oh, God. Is she alright?” he demanded, jumping to his feet.
“She’s Ok. I was just getting ready to go see her.”
“Take me with ya.”
“But you’re still hurt.”
“I don’t care! Take me with ya or either I make ya or find my own way there!”
Ms. Shinshiju smiled. “Yep, you’re definitely Beelzemon. Come on, get in the car.”
Impmon jumped off the couch and ran to the front door. Ms. Shinshiju grabbed her purse and keys and walked out to the car, where Impmon was trying to open the door.
“It won’t open!”
“That’s because it’s locked. Here,” She unlocked the door. “Now you can get in.”
Impmon opened the door and hopped inside. “Cool.” he said, looking around.
“Uh” Ms. Shinshiju said, raising an eyebrow.
“Let’s get goin’!”
Halfway to the hospital they came to a traffic jam. While they waited, Impmon grew impatient. He had rolled down the window and was hauling himself up when Ms. Shinshiju looked over at him.
“What are you doing?! Get back in here!”
“I’m sick of waitin’. I’m gettin’ outta here!”
“Oh, no you’re not,” She grabbed him by his tail and, with a hard yank, pulled him back in. “You’re staying right here.” She rolled up the window.
Impmon sat down, folded his arms across his chest, blew hard through his nose, and uttered a string of curse words under his breath.
An hour later, they finally arrived at the hospital. While Ms. Shinshiju checked in, Impmon found Valeri’s room and tried to open the door, but he had to wait for Ms. Shinshiju to open it.
Valeri was propped up with some pillows and watching TV on the other side of the room by the window. Her left arm was in a cast and she was wearing a hospital gown. There was a younger girl in the bed on the other side of the room, who was currently asleep.
“Val!” Impmon cried happily, running over to her bed. He climbed up and sat on her lap.
“Shh, Lucian’s tryin’ to sleep,” Valeri said quietly. “How do you feel?”
“Sore. But otherwise fine. What about you?”
“Much better.”
Ms. Shinshiju pulled up a chair and sat down.
“That’s good.” Impmon put his arms around her waist and hugged her tightly.
“Ow!”
Impmon pulled away immediately. “Sorry, sorry!”
Valeri smiled weakly and ruffled the fur on his head. “It’s alright.”
“How have you been dear?” Ms. Shinshiju asked.
“I’ve been better,” Suddenly her stomach growled. “And less hungry.”
“Well, as soon as the doctor gets here I’ll go get you something.”
“Get me somethin’ too. I’m famished.”
Ms. Shinshiju giggled. “Alright, but you have to tell me what happened.”
Impmon sighed. “Alright, fine. I came up with the brilliant idea of taking Val to see the Digital World. It didn’t go as planned. We met the Tamers, their Digimon, and the jerks they were fighting. Unfortunately the next day LadyDevimon caught us off guard and took Valeri.”
“It wasn’t his fault!” Valeri added quickly, seeing the shocked look on her mother’s face. “He rescued me. You should have seen him. He looked so cool.”
Impmon blushed lightly. “Of course I did! I’m cool.” He folded his arms and puffed out his tiny chest proudly.
Valeri giggled. “He looked like one of those Dark Angels we once saw on a movie, ‘cept he had a really big and really cool gun!”
“Can I finish the story now?” Impmon asked impatiently.
“Oh, yes, sorry.”
“That’s alright. Well, with the help of the Tamers we were able to get back to the Digi portal but were attacked again by LadyDevimon and her numbskull cronies Megadramon and Ogremon. I managed to kill Ogremon and LadyDevimon, although it nearly killed me. Damn bitch gutted me.” He cringed at the memory.
“Oh my. That’s some story.”
“All true too.”
Suddenly the door opened and everyone looked up to see the doctor.
“Hello Ms. Shinshiju. I see you brought your daughter’s stuffed animal.”
Impmon jumped up, outraged. “I ain’t no stuffed animal! This is one hundred percent Digimon right here, toots!”
The doctor looked like she was going to faint. “Dthat thing just talk?!”
Valeri put her hand over Impmon’s mouth and forced him to sit down. “Yes, I’m sorry. He does that sometimes.”
Impmon’s reply was muffled. He folded his arms and his eyes narrowed as he sulked.
The doctor cautiously walked up to Ms. Shinshiju, keeping her eye on Impmon. “Well, I’m afraid that Valeri can’t go home until tomorrow, maybe later.”
Impmon tried to shout something but Valeri kept her hand firmly clamped over his mouth, so it came out muffled.
The doctor ignored the Digimon. “She has several cracked ribs and two hairline fractures in her left arm. Her wrist is also broken and her whole body is bruised. Like I said before, I have no idea how it happened but she is hurt badly. When she goes home she won’t be able to do much.”
“That’s fine with me as long as she can come home soon. I don’t want to have to listen to his complaining because he misses her.”
“Mom, you won’t have to worry about him, he’ll stay here with me. Don’t worry; I’ll make sure he doesn’t cause any trouble.” She smiled reassuringly at the doctor.
“All right then, I need to get back to my other patients. Come back tomorrow and we’ll see if she is able to leave.”
“Thank you.”
After the doctor left, Ms. Shinshiju went to go get them something to eat.
Impmon leaned back against Valeri’s stomach.
She stroked his fur. “It’s nice to have you back again. I missed you. It’s so boring here.”
“That’s nice ta know.” He nuzzled her stomach with the side of his face.
“I was so afraid that I had lost you when LadyDevimon attacked you.”
“You’ll never lose me, no matter what. I love you too much to let anyone take me away from you.”
Valeri smiled. “I know,” She bent down and kissed the top of his head. “I’m just glad you’re here.”
Ms. Shinshiju returned with a couple ham sandwiches and a bag of Doritos. After giving them to Valeri, she left.
Impmon gobbled down his sandwich and wrestled with the bag while Valeri watched him as she ate.
She giggled as Impmon tried to bite it open. “Here, lemme help.” She put the sandwich in her mouth and took hold of one side of the bag.
Impmon pulled the other.
They finally succeeded in tearing it open. Impmon began gorging himself on chips while Valeri ate the rest of her sandwich.
“Hey, save some for me!”
“Sorry, toots. I’m starved.”
“I understand. But save me a couple.”
“Alright.” He took out a two chips and handed them to her.
“Uh, so I only get two? You must really be hungry.”
“Alright fine,” He pulled out a two more and handed them to her. “Here, happy?”
She smiled. “Thank you.”
“Ooooh, is that a doll?”
The two looked up to see the little girl from the other bed standing next to Valeri’s, diamond blue eyes alight.
“Hello, Lucian. No, Impmon’s not a doll.”
Lucian pulled herself up onto Valeri’s bed. “He’s so cute!” She giggled happily, as she poked the pointedsmiley face on his stomach.
“Ow, hey watch it! I just ate!”
The little girl reached out to pick him up and Impmon scrambled to get away. “Ah, Val, save me!”
“He’s so adorable! Come here!”
Impmon jumped off the bed. “I ain’t adorable or cute! I’m cool!”
Valeri sighed and giggled as she watched Lucian chase Impmon around the room, her screaming for him to stop and him screaming for her to leave him alone.
“She likes you Impmon. She won’t do anything to you. Come here.”
Impmon took a flying leap for Valeri’s bed and landed on her legs. It knocked the air out of his lungs and made her cry out in pain. He scrambled up and got off her legs. “Val, I’m sorry! Are you Ok?”
Valeri nodded. “I’m fine.”
“Oh, won’t you play with me? Pleeeasssseee?” Lucian begged.
“No, no way!”
Lucian’s head drooped. “Pretty please?”
“No!”
She looked down at the floor sadly.
Impmon was ashamed of himself. He sighed. “Alright fine! I’ll play with you. Just no dress up or girly stuff.”
Lucian perked up. “Ok!” She climbed up onto the bed and picked up Impmon. She set him on her lap and started toying with his ears.
Impmon folded his arms and blew hard through his nose.
After a couple minutes, Valeri giggled as Impmon gave her a pleading look. “Alright, Lucian. It’s time for Impmon to sleep.”
“Aww, can he sleep with me?”
“Sure. If he wants to.”
“No! I ain’t doin’ it!”
“Wait, I have an idea. Lucian you can sleep in my bed and Impmon can sleep between us.”
“Yay!” Lucian crawled up to the pillows on Valeri’s left side with Impmon.
Impmon pulled out of her grasp and snuggled up against Valeri’s side, purring contentedly.
While those two slept, Valeri watched television until she grew tired and went to sleep.

The next morning Valeri awoke and found that Beelzemon was sleeping against her, one arm loosely wrapped around her middle. He can Digivolve on his own? I thought only Digimon with Tamers could do that. Oh, well. She ran her fingers across his cheek.
Beelzemon flinched and partially opened his eyes. He sat up and stretched.
“Morning Beelzemon.”
“Mornin’ Val,” He kissed her on the cheek and smiled. “Sleep well?”
“Just fine.”
“Good.”
Lucian squirmed in her sleep.
Beelzemon picked up the girl and set her on his lap. “For an annoying kid, she’s Ok.”
“I know. She’s rather sweet.”
“Do ya think you’ll be able ta go home today?”
“I don’t know. I still feel really sore and it still hurts a bit.”
“Damn, it’s really boring here. I hope ya can go today.”
“Well, you don’t have to stay here. You can go for a walk or somethin’. Or go home.”
“I might go for a walk in a little. Right now I’m stayin’ right here.”
The two did not notice Lucian awakening until she shrieked in fear and tried to get off the bed.
Startled, Beelzemon held onto her. “Whoa, calm down. What’s wrong with you?”
“Beelzemon, I think you’re scaring her.”
He shrugged. “I can’t help it. It’s the way I look.”
“I know,” She reached out and put her hand on Lucian’s shoulder. “It’s alright, Lucian. It’s only Impmon, well, kinda but still, there’s no reason to be frightened.”
The girl relaxed slightly. She picked up his tail, which had been dangling over the edge of the bed, and started playing with it. Beelzemon frowned and flicked his tail when she started shaking it, causing her to let go.
“Hey!” She tried to grab it but Beelzemon coiled it up and tucked it under his leg so she could not reach it.
“Sorry kiddoe. That isn’t somethin’ ta play with. It could hurt ya.”
“Oh.”
Beelzemon heard the door opening and looked over at it. A nurse with a clipboard in her hand walked in. She was too engulfed in her work to notice the three.
“Alright, Lucian. Your parents’ are” she said, looking up. She stopped dead in her tracks. “Oh my God!” she whispered. She turned and ran out of the room.
“UhI think you scared her.” Lucian giggled and looked up at Beelzemon.
Beelzemon looked down at her and smirked. “I have that knack.”
Valeri smiled. “You didn’t scare me, and still don’t.”
“That’s good,” he said, leaning closer to kiss her.
“Ewww!” Lucian clamped her hands over her eyes and turned away, giggling.
“What’s so funny, eh?” Beelzemon asked after he pulled away.
Lucian only giggled in response. Beelzemon grinned and started tickling her. The girl tried desperately to pull away from him, only to nearly fall off the bed.
“Whoops. Don’t fall off.” Beelzemon said as he pulled her back up.
The door opened and the three looked up to see three people. The doctor, a man, and woman walked into the room.
“Mommy, Daddy!” Lucian cried, getting off the bed with Beelzemon’s help. She ran up to them and hugged her mother’s leg “Mommy, Mommy! Guess what?!”
“What dear?” Lucian’s mother asked, smiling. She bent down and picked her up.
“I made some new friends!”
“That’s nice, dear. But it’s time to go home now.”
“Can I say good”
The mother looked up at Valeri and Beelzemon uncertainly. “I guess so.” She set Lucian down.
Lucian ran over to Valeri’s bed and pulled herself up onto it. “I gotta go now. Will I get to see you again?”
“Sure. If your parents let you. You still have that paper I gave you?”
“Yep!” Lucian smiled and hugged Valeri happily.
Valeri cringed from the pain but forced a smile and hugged her back.
Lucian pulled away and turned to Beelzemon. “I’ll get to play with you again, won’t I?”
“Sure, kiddoe. Just not any really girly games, Ok?”
“Yay!” Lucian giggled and hugged him.
He smiled and ruffled her hair.
She pulled away and climbed off the bed. She walked over to her parents. As they walked out of the room, she turned and waved. “Bye”
“C’ya.”
“Bye.”
The doctor remained. “Eme, miss? You have some visitors. Would you like me to let them in?”
“Sure.”
The doctor nodded and left. A few moments later, the door opened and Michael, Serena, and Nicoli walked in.
“Hi Val.”
“Hello. What are you guys doing here?”
“We came to visit you.”
They walked over to the bed.
“How do you feel?” Michael asked.
“My whole body is sore and my arm really hurts but otherwise I feel Ok.”
“How bad did you get hurt?”
“I have several cracked ribs and two hairline fractures in my left arm as well as a broken wrist.”
The three grimaced.
“That must hurt.” Serena said.
“Yeah, but not a whole lot. So, what have you guys been doing?”
“Not much. Michael’s been worried about you.” Nicoli said, causing Serena to elbow him in the ribs.
“Really?”
Michael blushed deeply and turned away. Beelzemon grunted his disapproval. Valeri looked at him and he looked away.
Valeri looked back at the three Tamers and smiled. “If I’m lucky I’ll get to go home today.”
“That’s good.”
“Yeah, I can’t wait ta get outta this freakin’ place,” Beelzemon grumbled. He stood up. “I think I’ll take that walk now. C’ya in a bit.” He walked out of the room and shut the door behind him.
Valeri sighed.
“I need something to drink, I’ll be right back,” Serena said. “Come on, Nicoli!” she said, grabbing the boy by the wrist and pulling him towards the door.
Valeri watched them, confused. “Why are you taking Nicoli with you, then?”
“Umm…‘cuz he needs something too.”
“No I”
“Yes, you do. Now come on!” She pulled him out of the room.
“Okaay. That was weird.”
Michael turned around. “Yeah, that was,” He looked down at the floor nervously. “Um, Valeri? Could I ask ya somethin’?”
“Sure.”
“Well, the Valentine’s Day Dance is comin’ up next Friday and I was wonderin’….” he stopped and cleared his throat nervously and blushed deeply.
“Yes?” she urged.
“I was wondering if you, ya know…wanted to go with me. Just as friends!” he added quickly. “Since my mom was making me go and I’d have no one else to talk to. Nobody’s going to be home that day to look after me.”
“Oh, I see. This is why they left. Hmm,” She tapped her chin thoughtfully. Beelzemon won’t be happy about this, but I’m gonna get him to come too. She looked up at Michael and smiled gently. “Sure. I hope you won’t mind that I bring Beelzemon would you?”
“No, not at all.” he said. Although he did seem to mind.
“Alright then. You can tell the others that they can come back in.”
“Nah, it’s time for us to head home anyway. However, I’ll tell them to come and tell you bye. C’ya.” He turned and walked over to the door.
“C’ya.” She watched as he waved and walked out.
A few seconds later Serena and Nicoli opened the door and said their goodbefore leaving.
Valeri leaned back against the pillow. Beelzemon won’t be happy about this at all. I wonder what Mom’ll think about this? She sighed and turned on the TV.
Twenty minutes later Beelzemon returned with a bottle of water. He sat down on the bed beside her. “Thirsty?” he asked, unscrewing the cap.
“Yes,” She took it from him and took a long drink. Then handed it back to him. “Beelzemon, there’s something I need to tell you.”
“What is it?”
“Promise not to get really mad?”
“Yes, why?”
“Well…Michael asked me to go to the Valentine’s Day dance with him.”
“And?” Beelzemon asked, frowning.
“I told him I’d go with him.”
Beelzemon was outraged. “You can’t!”
“Why not?”
“Cause you’re MY girlfriend! God damn it!”
“I’m only going to keep him company. Besides, I want you to come too.”
“I ain’t goin’ and neither are you.”
“You don’t have to but I am.”
“B” he stammered.
“No buts. I don’t want him to be lonely and stuck with Dagger.”
“Dagger?! He’s gonna be there?!”
“Yes.”
Now Beelzemon was seething with anger. “Fine, if you’re gonna go then I will too. If only ta get my hands on him!”
“Alright then.”
Just then, Ms. Shinshiju walked in. “Hello.”
Startled, Beelzemon fell of the bed onto the floor. “Ow! Son of a bitch! That freakin’ hurt!”
“Beelzemon, you Ok?!” Valeri asked in alarm.
“Now that’s what I call a hard floor.” He groaned as he sat up.
“I’m sorry. Didn’t mean to startle you like that,” Ms. Shinshiju looked over at Valeri. “Well, I talked to the doctor and she said it was alright to go home tomorrow.”
“Tamorrow? Why can’t she go taday?”
“She still needs some time to recover.”
“She could do that at home, ya know.”
“I know. But doctor’s orders.”
“Screw the doc.” Beelzemon mumbled.
“Sorry,” Ms. Shinshiju glanced at her watch. “I need ta get back home. Yuri’s waiting for supper.”
“Bye.” Valeri watched as her mom left the room.
Beelzemon got to his feet and walked over to the other side of the bed, where he dropped down on his stomach beside Valeri. “Now I’m sore.”
Valeri put a hand on his back. “Poor dear.”
Beelzemon yawned. “Well, I’m gunna take a nap.”
“Alright then.”
Beelzemon put his arm around her middle and planted a swift kiss on her lips before resting part of his cheek on the side of her stomach.
Valeri smiled and ran her fingers through his hair.
“Don’ do that.” he mumbled sleepily.
“Ok.”
Valeri picked up the remote and started flipping through the channels. After she found a channel she liked she set the remote down on the table. As she watched TV, she lightly stroked Beelzemon’s back.
The nurse from earlier cautiously opened the door and peeked her head in. Seeing the demonic Viral asleep, she relaxed slightly and walked in.
Valeri looked up at her. “Yes?”
“I’s time to take your medication.”
“Ok.”
The nurse walked over and dropped two pills in Valeri’s outstretched hand. Valeri popped them in her mouth and swallowed. The nurse smiled, turned, and walked out of the room. Thirty minutes later Valeri felt the pills take affect and nodded off to sleep.