Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Eternal Love Blooms ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Valeri awoke to someone shaking her gently. “Huh, wha? Go away.” she said groggily, rolling over.
Ms. Shinshiju sighed. “Come on Val, you’re gonna be late for school.”
“So, I don’ wanna go ta school.”
“But you have to, love.”
Valeri opened her eyes to see her mother standing over her. “Mooommm! I’m tryin’ ta sleep,” She rolled over to her other side and was suddenly muffled by leather. “So is Beelzemon.”
Beelzemon stirred as Valeri snuggled closer to him. “Eh, what the hell? Time ta get up already?” he asked thickly, opening his eyes to slits.
“You don’t have to yet but Val does.”
He groaned. “Oh, then tell that damn school she’s sick so I can go back to sleep.”
“My, such vulgar language.”
“Well, I’m tired”
“He gets really cranky when he’s tired.” Valeri finished.
“Yeah....” Beelzemon agreed sleepily.
“God, it’s like you guys didn’t go to sleep until maybe ten minutes ago instead of around eight.”
“Well, actually we woke up around eleven and stayed up ‘til three.”
“Doing what?” Ms. Shinshiju asked suspiciously.
“Huh? Oh, watching TV, eating, and talking.”
Ms. Shinshiju sighed and walked out of the room. Thinking this meant they could go back to sleep, Valeri and Beelzemon curled up and started drifting off to sleep. They were abruptly awoken by a loud earcrash and fell off the couch in a tangled heap.
“WHAT THE HELL?!”
“What was that?!”
Mrs. Suriname and Ms. Shinshiju rushed in.
“Sorry guys. I accidentally dropped that large pan.”
Beelzemon growled as he tapped his claws on the floor. “Oh, yeah.” he said sarcastically, shaking his head.
“Um, Beelzemon? Could ya get off, you’re squishing me!”
“Huh? Oh, crap!” He quickly pulled himself off. “I’m sorry Val. You Ok?”
Valeri grunted in response as she tried untangling herself from the sheet. Beelzemon bent down to help her. Valeri’s mother also joined in. They spent several minutes untangling her before she was free of the sheet.
“Alrighty it’s 7:50. That means Val don’t have to go to school and we can go back ta bed.”
“Nice try. She’s still gotta go to school.”
“DAMN IT!” Beelzemon shouted, hitting his leg with his fist. “Ow!”
“Beelzemon you really should calm down.”
“Sorry,” Beelzemon stood up and stretched. He yawned. “I still don’t get why she’s gotta go to school today anyway. We’re both dirt tired. She probably won’t be able ta concentrate anyway.” he said, taking off his jacket. He threw it on the couch and walked into the kitchen.
Valeri stood up and walked after him. Both of them dropped down in one of the chairs, Valeri sitting on top of Beelzemon’s lap.
“Man, I dislike going to school in the morning. Well I better get ready,” she said, standing up. She bent down to give him a swift kiss but he put his arms around her and held her there for a moment. Then he let go and watched her as she walked down to her room. He leaned back in the chair and looked up at the ceiling, grinning to himself.
“What are you so happy about?”
“Huh?” He tilted his head to one side to see Mrs. Suriname leaning against the doorway. “Oh, nuthin’.”
“You really love her don’t you?”
“Yeah. First one I ever liked really. She’s the only friend I’ve ever had too.”
“You should see the picture my daughter took of you two last night.”
“Really? Lemme see!” He stood up and followed Valeri’s grandmother into the living room.
She handed him the camera after flipping to the picture.
“Hmm, that actually looks pretty good,” He handed it back to her. “Well, I’m gonna go get some coffee. I’m so freakin’ tired. Probably need a shower too.” He walked out of the room.
After school Valeri and Beelzemon told Mrs. Suriname goodbefore they went out for a walk.
When they got back to the house, they lay on the couch and watched TV while they ate dinner. After awhile they dozed off.
Valeri squirming around awakened a bit later Beelzemon.
“Val, quit squirmin’ so damn much. I’m trying ta sleep…” he mumbled without opening his eyes. He was just drifting back off to sleep when he felt her jab him in the gut with her elbow. He bolted upright. “Ow! Valeri! Stop that!” He glared down at her. His glare softened when he saw that tears were coursing down her face, which was contorted as if she were in pain. He pulled her up and put his arms around her, cradling her.
A minute or so later she woke up, ignoring Beelzemon’s concerned questions.
“Val, what’s the matter? Why won’t you talk to me?”
Valeri pressed her face against his jacket, sobbing quietly.
Beelzemon stroked her hair. “It’s alright.” He gathered her up in his arms and stood up. He went into the kitchen, where he tried in vain to get her to drink a cup of tea he heated up for her.
She just stared dully at it, tears spilling silently down her face.
Beelzemon let out an exasperated sigh as he sat down beside her. “Come on Val. Please talk to me.”
“What’s going on?” Ms. Shinshiju asked as she walked in.
“I don’t know. She won’t talk to me.”
Ms. Shinshiju walked over to Valeri. “Oh. She must have had those nightmares again,” she said as she ran her fingers through her daughter’s hair.
“Nightmares? What sorta nightmares?” Beelzemon asked curiously.
Ms. Shinshiju sighed. “Valeri had a very abusive father. That jackass had apparently been molesting her for quite some time,” As she said that Beelzemon’s cheek twitched, his eyes narrowing as rage lit up in them and Valeri bit her bottom lip, a fresh wave of tears streaming down her face. Her mother continued. “Traumatized her terribly, so terribly that she has nightmares of it. My poor baby,” She hugged her daughter and stroked her hair. “I was such a damn fool for thinking he was the one. I really am a bad mother.”
“No yer not. I think you’re a pretty good mom. Everybody makes mistakes. You shouldn’t blame yourself completely for what someone else did.” Beelzemon said reassuringly.
“Well, I guess you’re right. But because of my mistake my youngest daughter has to pay for it.”
“Yeah, but I’m here ta help. But man, if I had know that, I woulda killed him on sight.”
“I know that now. Before I thought you might harm her, but now I know that you won’t. Now I think we should maybe take Valeri downstairs and try to get her to sleep.”
“Good idea.” Beelzemon said, standing up. He picked Valeri up and walked towards her room. He set her down on her bed and sat down beside her.
She leaned against him. “I don’t want to go to sleep,” she whispered.
“It’s alright. You don’t have to. I’ll stay up with you, sweetheart.”
“You don’t have to.”
“So? I can if I want.”
“Thank you.”
The two ended up staying up all night, discussing things. At first Beelzemon cheered up Valeri then talked about the ways he was going to kill her father if he ever found him while Valeri tried to steer him away from it.
Valeri was not tired in the morning but Beelzemon was, so he ended taking a long nap while Valeri worked on her chores.
By the time he woke up, she had everything finished and was dressed in a navy blue tand denim shorts. They went outside and sat on the porch.
Beelzemon listened to Valeri as she played her flute. “Ya know what? I just got a great idea!”
Valeri stopped playing. “What is it?”
“Why don’t we take a trip to the Digital World? Even though I hate the Digimon, I still like the place.”
“Hmm, alright. Sounds like fun. Should I bring anything?”
“No, I don’t think so.”
“Alright then, let me put up my flute first, and then we can leave.” She got up and walked inside. A minute later she back came out and followed Beelzemon as he walked down the sidewalk.
They walked down to the park, where Beelzemon showed her a Digithat was hidden in an abandoned shed.
“Oh, cool. Who would’ve known that was there?”
“I did. Well come on.” He took her hand and they walked through the portal.
They were transported to the outskirts of a forest.
“This looks almost like the park.”
“Well it ain’t.”
Suddenly there was the sound of hoof beats. A group of Moosemon came cantering towards them. Beelzemon pulled Valeri out of the way before she got ran over.
“Well,” she said, watching the mooseDigimon with surprise. “I guess it ain’t the park after all.”
“Told ya. I wonder what freaked out the Moosemon.” Beelzemon said, watching the Moosemon disappear from view.
“Let’s go fine out.”
“Ok.”
They started walking in the direction that the Moosemon had come from. They heard a loud explosion and yelling.
“Thunder Javelin!”
“Meteor Wing!”
“Flame Chain!”
“Darkness Wave!”
They started running. Suddenly they came to a large clearing, where a Birdramon, MegaSeadramon, and a SkullMeramon were battling a LadyDevimon. Three teenagers were standing off to the side cheering on their Partners.
One of them Valeri recognized as Michael. The other two she did not recognize but apparently Beelzemon did.
“Crap, it’s the Tamers!”
“Huh? Look it’s Michael. Michael!”
“No, shh! I don’t want them knowing I’m here!”
Michael looked over and saw them. “Valeri?!”
“Who’s that?!” the girl demanded. “Hey, isn’t it that one of the Digimon we attacked?”
“No time for introductions, we still got LadyDevimon to contend with!” MegaSeadramon shouted. “Thunder Javelin!”
The attack missed LadyDevimon and she cackled. “Ya missed me!”
Beelzemon drew his gun from its holster. “But this won’t! Double Impact!”
The bullets his LadyDevimon dead on and she crumpled to the ground. “AHHH!” She looked up to see Beelzemon let his arm with the gun drop to his side and put one hand on his hip. “Ah, a Viral. What are you doing with the humans? But,” she said, looking at Valeri. “She is quite pretty. I’m sure she’d make a nice slave.” She giggled maliciously.
“You stay away from Val, you bitch!” Beelzemon snarled and lifted his gun again.
“Beelzemon, don’t!”
He glanced at Valeri. “Wha, why?”
“Idon’t know really. Just don’t kill her.”
“Can I shoot her again?”
“I guess so.”
He looked back at LadyDevimon, sneering. “Double Impact!”
She shrieked with pain and collapsed.
“Yahoo! We got her!” SkullMeramon grinned.
Beelzemon frowned as he put up his gun. “Ahem, I got ‘er!”
The girl rolled her eyes. “Whatever.”
“Look, she’s getting away!” Michael shouted, pointing upwards.
Everyone looked up to see LadyDevimon flying away.
“Shoot! Oh, well.”
The Digimon Deback to their Rookies before walking over to their Tamers. Michael picked up Betamon and walked over to Valeri.
“Hey Valeri!”
“Hiya. I didn’t know you were a Tamer.”
“Yeah, cool huh? Oh, yeah, why don’t I introduce you to my Partner, Betamon?”
“Hello.” Betamon said, waving a flipper.
“Well, hello little guy.”
Betamon blushed lightly and giggled.
Beelzemon merely grunted and folded his arms.
The other two Tamers walked over to the four.
“Let me introduce the others. This is Nicoli and his Partner Candlemon.”
Nicoli smiled. He had red hair and green eyes. He wore a blue tjean shorts, and red tennis shoes. “Hello.” He spoke with a German accent.
Valeri smiled back. “Hello, my name’s Valeri.”
Candlemon bowed. “Nice to meet you.”
Michael continued with the introductions. “And this is Serena and her Partner Biyomon.” He gestured to the girl.
She had long jethair, dark green eyes, and wore denim pants, a dark blue shirt, and silver tennis shoes.
“Hello.” Biyomon waved.
Serena, who had been eyeing Beelzemon with distaste, scoffed and walked away. Her long black hair flying behind her. Biyomon sighed and ran after her.
Michael looked after her then turned to Valeri. “Sorry, she’s been that way for awhile. Ever since her last battle actually.”
“Last ambush ya mean.” Beelzemon grumbled.
“What?”
Beelzemon let his arms fall to his sides and glared at them. “She ambushed me while I was walking around! I still don’t forgive you three for trying to delete me from before, either.”
“Wait, Beelzemon are you saying that Michael and the others were the ones that attacked you when you were a Rookie?!” Valeri asked, shocked.
“Yup.”
Michael, Nicoli, and their Partners looked at them in confusion.
“What level are you?”
“Check your DMorons.”
Michael took out his aqua green Dand checked it. “Beelzemon, Mega level. His attacks are Double Impact and Darkness Claw. Mega?!”
“Yeah, stupid.”
“Beelzemon, please be nice.”
Beelzemon looked down at the ground and rubbed the back of his neck. “Sorry, Val.”
“Is he your Partner?”
Valeri shook her head. “No, he’s just my friend.”
“Oh, well come on. Let’s get back to the campsite.”
“Campsite?”
“Yeah,” Candlemon explained as he followed his Partner. “It’s this way.”
Valeri and Beelzemon followed the Tamers to another clearing where tents were set up and a small fire was burning. Serena and Biyomon were sitting by the fire eating sandwiches. Michael and Nicoli walked over and joined her while Betamon and Candlemon sat down beside the fire on the other side. Valeri and Beelzemon sat down a ways away from them. Serena kept throwing venomous glances at Beelzemon.
Valeri unsheathed a piece of glass and started tearing it into pieces. “Well, this was fun for the first day here. Wouldn’t you say?”
“Oh, yeah. It was great.” Beelzemon said sarcastically.
“Oh, come on. It can’t be that bad.” Valeri said reassuringly.
“Yes. I’m in the company of the ones I hate.”
“Is that why you didn’t want Michael over?”
Beelzemon sighed. “Yes.”
Valeri reached out and put her hand on his. “Why didn’t you tell me?”
“I was too mad.”
“Beelzemon….” Valeri gave him a sympathetic look.
“How long ya wanna stay?” Beelzemon asked, trying to change the subject.
“Couple of days would be nice, ya know. So I don’t have to go to school.”
Beelzemon chuckled. “Yeah.” He lay back on the grass and stared up at the sky.
Valeri sat back and looked up as well.
“Eme?”
Valeri looked down and saw Betamon looking up at her. “Hello, what is it?”
Betamon blushed slightly. “I wanted to thank you…for being so nice to Michael.”
Valeri smiled and patted the small Digimon on the head. “You’re welcome.”
Betamon blushed deeper, giggled, and waddled away.
Valeri giggled. “Ain’t he such a cutie?”
“Whatever.”
“Oh, come on sourpuss. Cheer up.”
“No.” he said stubbornly, sitting up.
“I’d tickle you if I knew you had any tickle spots. But I don’t think you do.”
“No, but you do!” He reached over and started tickling her.
She fell to the ground, giggling and begging him to stop. “SHehe, come on, please! Ican’t breathe! Ha”
“No, it’s too funny!” Beelzemon cackled gleefully.
“Ok, stop now!”
“Nah.” He continued for a minute more before finally stopping.
Valeri sat up, still giggling and gasping for breath, her face red.
Beelzemon grinned. “You look funny!”
“Well, at least now you’re not a sourpuss.”
“Nah, who could be after that?”
“Definitely not me!” Valeri chuckled.
“I know. That’s why I did it.”
Valeri yawned. “Why don’t we find a descent place to sleep?”
“I got one. It might be a little uncomfortable, but at least we won’t be bothered.”
“Um, where?”
“Up in one of those trees. What? I used to do it all the time,” he said, shrugging off her skeptical look. “Besides, it’s better than sleeping on the ground. Ya never know what’s gonna come creepin’ around.”
“Alright, I guess.”
He stood up and looked around for a moment. “Look, there’s a good one.” He walked over to a tall tree.
Valeri looked up at the tree nervously. “Um, are you sure about this? That tree looks kinda high….”
“Would you rather wake up and be face to face with some angry Digimon?”
“Err, no.”
“Then come on.”
Valeri got on his back and he climbed up the tree. He sat down on one of the lower but more concealing branches.
Valeri got off his back and he put her on his lap. She leaned back against him. “I guess this isn’t so bad. Least no one can see us.”
He put his arms around her. “See, I told ya.” He rested his cheek against hers.
“Alright,” She yawned loudly. “Time to sleep. Tomorrow we can go home right. Mom’s probably worried.”
Beelzemon closed his eyes. “Yeah, ‘course.”

Valeri felt something heavy on her legs. She opened her eyes and was face to face with Biyomon. “Ahh!” She nearly fell but Beelzemon still had his arms around her tightly as well as his tail. She righted herself up and put a hand over her heart. “Good God, don’t scare me like that!”
“Sorry. I just wanted to talk to you.”
Valeri cocked her head to one side. “What about?”
“It’s Serena. She needs someone to talk with. She won’t listen to me; I thought maybe you could help.”
“How could I help? What’s wrong?”
“She won’t tell me. But she seems really depressed.”
“Hmm, maybe I could talk to her. But I’ll have to wait ‘til later.”
Biyomon sighed in relief. “Thank you. This means a lot to me. I’ll help to get her in a talking mood.” She hopped down from the tree.
Valeri looked up. I wonder what’s wrong with Serena. I hope I can help. She heard Beelzemon grunt and felt his head fall on her shoulder. She smiled and tilted her head so that it rested against his. A moment later, she slipped into slumber.

Valeri was sitting at the base of the tree she had been sleeping in waiting for Beelzemon to get done cleaning himself up in the lake on the other side of the clearing when she saw Serena sitting by herself near the fire.
The girl was staring at the flames with a mixture of anger and sadness.
Valeri got up and walked over to her. Serena glanced up at her then looked away.
“What do you want?” she asked coldly.
“Biyomon asked me to talk to you.”
“I don’t want to talk about anything, especially with you!” Serena hissed, her voice dripping venom.
Valeri felt like she had been slapped. “But why? I never did anything to you.”
“So! You will, I just know it! You don’t understand.”
Valeri sat down beside her. “I might if you’ll just talk to me.”
Serena snorted and turned away.
Valeri sighed. This is gonna be harder than I thought. “Please, Biyomon’s worried about you.”
Serena sighed. “My life’s screwed up.”
“How so?” Valeri asked curiously.
“My parent’s are in the middle of divorcing and are neglecting me. My boyfriend dumped me for one of my friends. He’s such a jerk! I have a few choice words for him but I won’t say them.”
“I know how you feel. My parents got divorced because of what my dad did to me. I never had any friends for awhile either.”
Serena looked at her with surprise. “Really?” She looked down. “I bet you’ve never been betrayed by your boyfriend.”
“No. I don’t think I ever will either.”
“Oh yeah, you say that now. But just you wait. Men and boys are morons. They don’t understand us women.”
“Yeah, well, we don’t understand them either.” Valeri pointed out.
Serena blinked and nodded. “You’re right,” She sighed. “I feel so alone though. The only friend I have is Biyomon. I won’t even try to get along with Michael and Nicoli.”
“Because they’re boys?” Valeri asked, already knowing the answer.
“Yes.”
“Why don’t you like Beelzemon?”
Serena was taken aback by the sudden question. She frowned. “Because of what he said to Biyomon and me!”
“What did he say?”
“He said that Biyomon was stupid to be with a human. And a few other things I can’t remember.”
Valeri nodded understandingly. “I see. He was probably just mad and was going off on you. He doesn’t like humans or Digimon.”
“Yeah, but he just adores you. You can tell by the way that he looks at you and the fact that he obeys everything you say. Are you his Tamer?”
Valeri giggled and shook her head. “No. We’re just friends.”
“By the way you two act I would say you were more than friends. But of course that’s kinda stupid. Why would a Digimon go out with a human anyway?”
“That’s what I thought. But now I know better.”
“Oh, so you two are more than friends!”
Valeri blushed lightly and smiled. “I won’t deny it, yes.”
Serena smiled. “Well, I have to admit he is kinda hot.” She giggled.
Valeri grinned and sighed happily. “At least I made you smile. If you want a friend or need to talk, you can come to me.”
“Thank you. I feel much better now. Sorry for being so aggressive before.”
“It’s alright. I kinda got used to that. I also got used to being beat up and torn down too.”
Serena put a hand on Valeri’s shoulder. “Well, with your friend I’m sure ya don’t have to worry about that.”
“Yeah. He’s a handful sometimes though. You don’t ever want to see him angry.”
“I don’t think so. If it was anything like that display he made when LadyDevimon said you’d make a good slave then I don’t want to see him really mad.”
“I” Valeri started, but was interrupted by loud crash.
The two startled girls looked up to see a large serpentDigimon come crashing through some bushes. It let out an earroar.
LadyDevimon appeared beside it, grinning maliciously.
“Oh my God! Biyomon!”
Biyomon suddenly appeared fluttering above them. “The others are on their way. You know what to do.”
“Right!” Serena took out her reddish orange Dand a blue card. She slashed the card through the D
“Digimodify! Matrix Evolution!”
“Biyomon Digivolve to….” A bright light enveloped the small pink bird.
“Birdramon!” The light dissipated to reveal a large orange colored bird.
Birdramon flew up in the air.
“Alright Birdramon! Hit ‘em hard!”
“With pleasure! Meteor Wing!”
Large rocks appeared in the air and with a mighty sweep of her wings, were sent hurtling towards the dragon Digimon that Serena identified as Megadramon, and LadyDevimon. Serena grabbed Valeri’s wrist and started running.
The attack hit the two Digimon.
The two girls watched as the enraged virals attacked Birdramon.
“Oh no, Birdramon!”
The large bird was knocked out of the sky by one of LadyDevimon’s Darkness Wave attacks and landed with a thump on top of one of the tents. Just as Megadramon was about to unleash one of its attacks, a stream of ice hit it in the back and a chain that was on fire wrapped around it.
SkullMeramon and MegaSeadramon appeared.
“Pick on somebody your own level!”
“RARRRGH!”
They unleashed another series of attacks but missed.
Valeri watched horrified as the two Ultimates were attacked and sent flying. Nicoli and Michael appeared beside the two girls.
“Crap. We’re being beaten! Val, where’s your friend?”
“He’s coming.”
As if on cue, something came crashing through the undergrowth and jumped on Megadramon’s back. It was Beelzemon, and he didn’t look happy.
“Be careful!” Valeri called.
“Don’t worry ‘bout me! Darkness Claw!” He slashed the back of the Digimon’s head.
“Well, it looks like the Viral’s back. Good now we can have some real fun! Darkness Wave!”
The wave of energy bats rammed into Beelzemon. He shouted out in pain and was thrown into a tree.
“Beelzemon!” Valeri rushed over to him.
The other Digimon were up and ready to attack.
“Metal Ball!”
“Thunder Javelin!”
“Meteor Wing!”
Valeri knelt down beside Beelzemon. “Are you alright?” She saw that he did not have his shirt on and water trickled down his body.
He grunted and pulled himself up. “‘Course I am,” He pulled out his gun, aimed at LadyDevimon, and fired. “Double Impact!”
The bullets hit LadyDevimon. She cried out in pain and dropped to the ground. She looked over at Beelzemon and sneered. “I will have that human!” She pulled herself to her feet.
Beelzemon ran over to help SkullMeramon, who was pinned down by Megadramon.
“Oh, do be careful.” Valeri muttered as she watched him.
Suddenly she was grabbed from behind. She cried out and started struggling.
LadyDevimon giggled. “I told you that I would get you!”
Beelzemon heard Valeri and whirled around. “Val!”
“Don’t try anything!” LadyDevimon’s claws on her left hand formed together into a sharp spike and she held it against Valeri’s throat. “Or I’ll slit her throat.”
Beelzemon growled in frustration. “Don’t you dare harm her!”
Michael and the others watched horrified as LadyDevimon rose up in the air, still holding Valeri with her claws at the girl’s throat.
“Come on!” LadyDevimon called to Megidramon.
Megadramon growled and started slithering off in the same direction as LadyDevimon. After the two had disappeared, the Digimon Deback to Rookie and walked over to their Tamers.
Beelzemon dropped his gun and fell to his knees. “DAMN IT, DAMN IT, DAMN IT!” He dug his claws in the ground. He punched and slashed the ground in frustration, growling.
The Tamers and their Digimon watched the viral with sympathy.
After a moment, Beelzemon calmed down a bit. He picked up his gun and stood up, shoving it back into its holster.
Serena worked up enough courage to walk over to him. “Don’t worry. We’ll help you get her back.”
“I don’t need any help!” he snapped and stalked away.
Serena turned to the others. “Are we gonna help him save Valeri or not?”
“Yessir!” Betamon growled. “We’re gettin’ her back!”
“Alright! We had better follow Beelzemon. If anyone knows where she is, it’s him.”
The group ran after Beelzemon.