Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Eternal Love Blooms ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Beelzemon awoke to see Valeri tying her shoes.
She looked up and smiled. “Hey, sleep well?”
“Great,” he said, stretching. “Where’re you goin’?”
“School silly. It’s only Tuesday.”
“Oh, I had the feeling that it was Saturday. Shows ya just how well I can keep track of days.” He chuckled.
“Ah, well. I sometimes can’t either,” She stood up. “Wanna come with?”
He stood up. “Sure. Lemme grab my jacket first.” He grabbed his jacket and slipped it on as he walked upstairs behind Valeri.
They walked to the school.
“Are you any good at basketball?” Valeri asked.
“Basketball? I’ve never tried it.”
“Well, how ‘bout after school I teach you how to shoot baskets then we can have a onematch.”
“Sounds like fun.”
Beelzemon went to the tree he had been in before and waited in the lower branches. Hmmm, basketball…actually sounds fun. Bet I’m no good though. Awww, crap.
After school, Valeri and Beelzemon went home to get a basketball.
“Valeri, don’t forget. Your grandma’s coming. Make sure to be home in an hour.” Ms. Shinshiju said.
“Yes Mom.”
Beelzemon looked at Valeri curiously. “Your grandma?” he asked as they walked out the front door.
“Yeah, she’s coming today.”
“Do I gotta meet ‘er?” he asked in a slightly whiny tone.
“Of course, silly! Why not?”
“I don’t wanta freak her out that’s all.”
“Oh, you won’t. Come on, we don’t have long to play.”
They walked to the school basketball court and Valeri started showing Beelzemon how to shoot baskets. It actually was not as hard as either had thought it would be. After he got that down Valeri taught him several more things before they started on their onematch. Even though Beelzemon was letting Valeri have the upper hand, he was still winning.
They were halfthrough the match when Dagger and his friends came. They started taunting them while they played.
“Aw, come on, Val. You play like my grandma, and she’s dead!” Dagger shouted.
The others, except Michael, Dagger’s younger brother, started laughing.
“Shut it, moron!” Beelzemon snarled.
“Ooooh, I’m sooo scared! Whatcha gonna do? Hit me with the basketball?” The whole group, except Michael, started laughing again.
“Sounds like a good idea ta me.” Beelzemon grumbled, rolling the basketball around in his hands.
“Don’t. They aren’t worth it. Let’s just keep playing. We have ten minutes left.” Valeri said quietly, taking the ball from Beelzemon.
“Dagger,” Michael asked timidly. “Why don’t we do something else instead?”
“Shut it, Michael!” Dagger snapped.
Valeri saw Michael back down and look away. Feeling sorry for him, she called out, “Hey Michael! Would you like to play with us?”
Michael looked up at her in surprise. “I….”
Beelzemon’s jaw dropped in disbelief as he looked at Valeri. “Val, what’re you thinkin’?! He’s one of them!”
“He looks like he doesn’t want to be. Can’t you see the fear in his eyes?”
Beelzemon looked over at Michael then back at Valeri. “You’re right.”
“NO! You’re not to even speak to ‘em!” Dagger said. “Come on it’s time to go.” With that, he turned on his heel and stalked off, his buds following close behind him. Michael trailed behind, shoulders slumped, hands in his jean pockets.
Valeri ran to catch up to him. “Michael!” she called in a whisper, trying not to attract Dagger or his cronies.
“Huh?” Michael turned around and cocked his head to one side.
“Would you like to come over later?”
Michael’s eyes lit up. “Really?!”
“Sure, actually would you like to come now? Since Dagger’s not looking.”
Michael looked over his shoulder uncertainly. “I don’t know…my brother will get really mad at me.” He looked back at Valeri, terror in his dark green eyes.
Valeri put a hand on his shoulder. “That’s alright, if he gives you any trouble, come to me and I’ll get Beelzemon to kick his butt. He’s been dieing to do that for some time now, but I won’t let him.”
“Hmm, alright. Sounds like a plan. Sure your Digimon friend won’t be mad?”
“‘Course not! He’ll understand,” she said as she led him over to where Beelzemon was watching them.
“Val, what is he doing with you?” Beelzemon asked with an angry calm. He glared at Michael.
Michael whimpered and turned to run but Valeri held him back.
“Now Beelzemon, be nice. He’s coming over for a little while. He needs to get away from his brother for awhile.”
Beelzemon frowned. “His brother? Ya mean the little bastard that beat ya up?! Well, if you’re not like him then ya can come over. But if ya are and I found out that you helped ta beat her up I’m gonna kill ya! Got it?”
Michael gulped and nodded quickly.
“Beelzemon, please don’t scare him like that,” She smiled warmly at Michael. “Don’t worry, he likes scaring people. Don’t you Beelzemon?”
Beelzemon sneered and cackled. “My favorite pastime!”
Michael laughed weakly.
“Well come on, it’s time to go home, grandma’ll be there soon.”
They started walking. As they walked, Valeri struck up a conversation with Michael.
Beelzemon listened to their conversation, quickly growing more jealous by the second. Finally, he could not take it anymore and just as he was about to speak up Valeri, leapt on his back. “What the?!” he cried, stumbling forward. “What are you doin’, Val?!” he asked, regaining his balance.
“Getting a piggyback, what do ya think?” Valeri giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck.
“Oh, just don’t choke me, Ok?”
“Alright,” She rested her chin on his shoulder. “Promise you’ll be nice to Michael, Ok?”
“Alright, promise me you won’t even think about going out with him or nothin’, right?”
“I’d never dream of that!” She giggled. “You’re the only one for me.” she whispered in his ear.
Beelzemon blushed and grinned smugly.

When they reached the house, they walked inside and were greeted by the sight of a woman in her late fifties with light blonde hair that reached her shoulders and light blue eyes sitting on the couch beside Ms. Shinshiju in the living room. She wore a light blue dress and black low heels. The woman looked over at them and gasped.
“Hiya grandma! Oh, Mom I brought a friend over for awhile,” Valeri gestured to Michael. “This is Michael.”
Michael smiled shyly and waved. “H”
Ms. Shinshiju smile. “It’s nice to know that Valeri has another friend. One that’s human at least!” She giggled.
Valeri frowned. “Mom! Beelzemon’s just as human as any of us. He just looks different that’s all.” she said as she slid down Beelzemon’s back. She walked over and sat beside her grandmother.
Beelzemon walked over and sat down on the floor near Valeri with his back against the couch. Michael stayed where he was, looking around uncertainly.
“It’s alright. Come sit down.” Ms. Shinshiju said, patting a spot on the couch beside her.
Michael hesitantly walked over and sat down.
“You don’t have to worry. You are welcome here anytime.”
“Thank you. Dagger probably won’t approve though, he never let’s me go anywhere without his say so.”
“You don’t have to worry about that here. You can come over anytime. Dagger can’t hurt you here,” Valeri said reassuringly. “And if he does then he’ll be in BIG trouble!”
“Who’s Dagger?” Mrs. Suriname asked.
“He’s the bully at school who’s been beating me up with his friends.”
Beelzemon grinned and flexed his claws. “Just you wait ‘til I get my claws on them! They’d wish they’d never even seen ya when I get through with ‘em!” He cast Valeri a sideway grin and cracked his knuckles.
“So you take good care of my granddaughter, yes?”
“Of course! If anything were to happen to her, I’d never forgive myself! Even if she did.”
“That’s good. My daughter has told me much about you.”
Beelzemon grimaced. “Nothing bad I hope?”
“No, nothing bad.”
Beelzemon and Valeri simultaneously sighed with relief and smiled at each other.
“Valeri, why don’t you go get your flute? I’ve been dieing to hear you play!” Mrs. Suriname said.
“Alright!” Valeri jumped up and ran out of the room.
A moment later, she returned with her flute in her hand. She sat down beside Beelzemon. “I’ve been practicing.” She put the flute to her lips and started playing.
At first, the song was low then it started getting louder. A sort of calm started settling over everyone and they relaxed.
After a couple minutes she stopped. “Do you like it?”
Beelzemon grinned. “Love it!”
“That was great!” Mrs. Suriname beamed.
“You play…like…wow!” Michael said, speechless.
Valeri blushed and smiled.
Beelzemon leaned over and whispered in her ear. “Play another.”
“Alright. This one’s just for you.”
She started playing a low song that sounded eerily beautiful.
“Wow, that’s beautiful,” Beelzemon whispered, grinning. “Just like you.”
Valeri blushed and continued playing. She stopped after a moment and sat in silence. Suddenly everyone started clapping. Valeri blushed deeper and suppressed the smug look that threatened to spread across her face. Beelzemon put an arm around her shoulder and nuzzled her cheek. Michael was too busy talking to Ms. Shinshiju to notice.
Beelzemon stood up. “I’m gonna go get somethin’ ta eat. Want anything?”
“Nah, not right now.”
He walked into the kitchen.
As soon as he left the room, Mrs. Suriname turned to Valeri. “So my dear, what have you been up to lately?”
“Oh, not much.” Valeri said, casually.
Her grandmother leaned down and whispered in her ear. “He’s actually quite handsome isn’t he?”
“Who?”
“Your friend of course!”
“Oh, Beelzemon?”
“Yes. Is it true? What your mom said about you two…ya know?”
“Yes, it’s true. Don’t worry. I know what I’m doing.”
“I’m sure you do. He seems kinda scary though doesn’t he?”
“Not to me.”
Mrs. Suriname raised an eyebrow and shrugged. “What happened to him? He looks like he got hurt.”
“Yeah, but I patched him up. So he’s Ok now.”
“You are such a sweet girl.”
Valeri blushed and giggled. “Thanks grandma.”
Michael looked over at Valeri. “Um, Valeri? What time is it?”
Valeri glanced at her watch. “6:30.”
Michael yelped and jumped up. “Oh my God! I’m late! Dagger’s sooo gonna kill me, I’m sorry. I gotta go. Maybe I’ll see ya around. Bye.” He ran out of the room.
“C’ya! Remember if he gives you any trouble, come back here and Beelzemon’ll deal with him!” Valeri called after him.
“I’ll remember that!”
They heard the door close. Beelzemon poked his head through the doorway. “Did Michael leave just now?”
“Yes.”
He walked in. “Good.”
“Why?”
“I don’t like him over here.”
“Are you jealous?” Mrs. Suriname asked, astounded.
Beelzemon folded his arms. “No. I just don’t like him over here, that’s all.”
Valeri giggled. “Uh”
Beelzemon frowned. “Really! I ain’t kiddin’!”
“Oh, yeah.” Ms. Shinshiju said sarcastically.
“Quit it! I ain’t jealous!”
The three started giggling. Beelzemon’s eyes narrowed and flashed with anger, his lips curled into a snarl and his arms dropped to his sides, his hands balling to fists.
Valeri noticed this and stopped laughing. “Oh, Beelzemon, please don’t be mad. We were only kiddin’.”
“Well I ain’t!” He turned and stalked moodily into the kitchen.
Valeri sighed. The other two had stopped giggling.
“My, talk about mood swing.” Mrs. Suriname said, shaking her head.
“Beelzemon!” Valeri said, walking into the kitchen.
Beelzemon was leaning against the wall with his arm and forehead resting against the wall.
Valeri walked over to him and put a hand on his back. “We’re sorry.”
“Yeah, whatever.”
Valeri put her arms around his middle and rested her cheek against his back. “What do I have to do to make you happy?”
“I dunno. And I don’t really care.”
Valeri slowly and lightly ran her hand up and down his chest and stomach as she touched the tender skin of his partially healed wounds. Beelzemon grunted with pleasure and closed his eyes, exhaling softly.
“Do you like that?”
“Ye” he said, pulling away from her.
“Oh, come on, please. You can’t stay mad forever.”
He turned around to face her. “No, but I’m mad right now.” He glared down at her.
Valeri leaned up suddenly and kissed him timidly. Beelzemon’s eyes widened.
Valeri pulled away, blushing crimson, and covered her mouth with her hand, surprised by her bold action. “I’m sorry! I couldn’t help it. Please don’t be angry.”
Beelzemon smiled. He removed her hand, leaned down, and kissed her.
Valeri could feel her chest tightening and her heart leap to her throat as well as slightly dizzy.
A moment later, he pulled back, gasping for breath. “Wow, I never expected it to feel like that!”
“That felt wonderful. And the good thing is you’re happy now.”
“Yeah, I guess so.” Beelzemon licked his lips and smiled. He started walking towards the living room, still holding Valeri’s hand. Valeri pulled her hand out of his.
“What is it?” Beelzemon asked, looking over his shoulder at her.
“Nothing. It’s just that I need to do something first. Could you tell my grandma to come in here?”
“Uh, sure.” He went into the living room.
A moment later Mrs. Suriname walked in. “What did you want me for dear?”
“Um, I was wondering if you could help me with something.”
“Sure, hon. Why are you so red?”
“Huh? Oh, um…i’s nothing!” Valeri said hastily.
“Were you guys doing something?” her grandmother asked suspiciously.
“Nomean yes.” Valeri blushed deeply and put her hand over her mouth.
Mrs. Suriname giggled. “What did you do?” she asked excitedly.
“I cheered him up.” Valeri said simply, shrugging.
“Ohhh, I see. So what was it you wanted to have me help you with?”
“Well,” Valeri took a piece of folded paper out of her pocket. “I wanted you to give me your opinion on this.”
Mrs. Suriname took the paper and started unfolding it. “Who’s it for? Lemme guess, Beelzemon?”
Valeri nodded.
Mrs. Suriname opened the paper and gasped.
A large black dragon with a metallic tail, light grey claws, a dark purple crown that looked similar Beelzemon’s helmet, three ruby red eyes with slitted pupils, and a white band around the base of its skull was flying in a stormy sky. A red bandana was wrapped around its left arm just below the skull designs on its front shoulders, and two brown rings a few inches above the knee on the right back leg. There were two darker rings around its waist. A fork of lightning snaked out from behind the dragon. The whole picture was done in paint and was greatly detailed so that you could see every single scale and line.
“Wow. I’m speechless.”
Valeri looked at her in disbelief. “It’s that good?” she asked in surprise.
“Good?! Darling that is an understatement! It looks like a dragonized version of your boyfriend. I love the background. It’s all very detailed. I’m sure he’ll love it. When are you giving it to him?”
“Valentine’s Day. I thought it would be the perfect gift.”
“That’s a great idea!” She handed the paper back to Valeri. “Well, you better find a good place for it so he doesn’t see it.”
“Yeah. I have the perfect place for it. I have enough room on my mirror for it after he sees it.” Valeri said as she carefully refolded the paper and put it in her pocket.
“I bet he’ll want to carry it around all the time instead.”
“Maybe. When’s the next family reunion anyway?”
“Months away.”
“Oh,” Valeri sounded slightly disappointed. “Well, I’m gunna go see what Beelzemon’s doing.”
She walked into the living room and saw Beelzemon leaning back in the recliner chair with his legs crossed on the footrest, one hand held his chin while the other arm was draped over the armrest as he watched TV through halfeyes. His tail tapped weakly against the footrest.
Valeri walked over to him. “Hey, can I sit with you?”
“Hmm? Oh, sure. Beware though, your mom’s watching a really boring show,” he said, looking up at her.
“Oh, I kinda thought so by your bored expression.” Valeri giggled and sat down next to him.
Beelzemon put his arm around her and draped his tail around her waist.
Valeri curled up, slipping her arm behind his back, and rested her head against his side. “This is kinda comfy.”
Beelzemon chuckled and sighed contentedly. “Yer tellin’ me.” He looked down at her and smiled. He began running his claws through her hair.
Valeri nuzzled his side.
Mrs. Suriname walked in and saw the two sitting together. She walked over to her daughter and sat down beside her. “Do you see what those two are doing?” she whispered.
“Hmm, no,” Ms. Shinshiju cast a glance over at them. “Oh, I see. She looks so happy.”
“Yes. You should’ve seen this picture she drew. If you ask her when her boyfriend’s not around she’ll probably show it to you. It’s stunning!”
“I bet. She makes some great pictures but she under credits herself too much.”
“I know. You should’ve seen the look on her on her face when I told her how good her picture was.”
“I’m not surprised. Who would’ve thought she’d ever have a boyfriend, especially one that wasn’t human. But he seems to love her very much. I’ve never seen her viciously stick up for someone like she has for him, and against me! He seemed to be surprised that she was doing it. It also seems that he really listens to her.”
“She deserves him I think. He’ll be the best thing to protect her from people like those boys she was talking about earlier.”
Suddenly Valeri spoke up. “You’re right, Beelzemon. This is boring!”
Beelzemon chuckled. “I warned ya.”
“Hey! This just so happens to be a good show!” Ms. Shinshiju said defensively.
“Right, Mom.”
“Silly, gal.”
The two adults continued their conversation. The next time Ms. Shinshiju looked over at her daughter and the Viral, both were asleep. Beelzemon had Valeri partially on his lap with his arms wrapped around her and his head resting on hers.
“I guess it is a little boring. I’ll be right back, gotta get the camera.” she said, getting up and walking out of the room.
Mrs. Suriname giggled. “Yeah, this is definitely a scene ya don’t want to miss taking a picture of.”
Ms. Shinshiju walked in with a digital camera in her hand. She positioned herself in front of the couch so she could get a good picture. After she took the picture, she set the camera on the coffee table and picked up the sheet that was hanging over the back of the couch. Then she covered up the two sleepers, kissing her daughter on the cheek. She sat back down beside her mother. “To think, it’s only eight and they’re already asleep.”
“Well, she does have school tomorrow. Hey, since she’s asleep you could see her drawing.”
“Whaddaya want me to do? Take it from her? Wait, where is it?”
“In her pocket. And you don’t have to take it from her, I will.” Mrs. Suriname said, standing up. She walked over to Valeri and moved the sheet so that she could get to her pocket. Then she slowly put her fingers in the pocket and drew out the picture. She covered Valeri back up before walking over to her daughter and handing her the paper.
Ms. Shinshiju unfolded the paper and surveyed the paper. She stared speechless at it. “Oh, wow. This has to be one of her best ever! She took great pains to make all that detail. It looks a lot like Beelzemon.”
“It is. It’s a dragonized version of him. She said she was going to give it to him for Valentine’s Day. Ain’t that sweet?”
“Awww, yes. My baby’s growing up too fast. It seems only yesterday that she was just coming home from her first day at Kindergarten. Now this is her second to last year of high school.”
“That’s how I felt when you left home.”
“Oh did I tell you that Mr. I’tdipstick came over four days ago?”
“No!” Mrs. Suriname replied, shocked.
“Well, you should’ve seen what Beelzemon did ta the guy and how shocked he was!” She started laughing. “He dragged the bastard out of the living room by his collar and threw him out the door. I like what he said as he was doing it though. Beelzemon said that the idiot was upsetting Valeri and he wouldn't allow it. He also called him a loudjerk and said that if he ever came back he’d blow his head off!”
“Yeah, even though he seems to have his angry moments, he seems like such a sweet guy.”
“Yes.”