Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Eternal Love Blooms ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The next day after school Beelzemon was watching TV when Valeri came downstairs. She looked unhappy.
“Hey, toots. What’s wrong?”
Valeri tossed her books on the desk. “I had a terrible day at school. First, I got in trouble for being thirty seconds late. Thirty seconds! Then, Dagger and his group made me dropped my books on my foot and trip. The kids at school wouldn’t leave me alone and kept picking on me. I got hit in the face with a basketball, and then somehowguess I wasn’t paying attentionran into a wall.”
“I would say.”
“And to top it all off, I’m completely exhausted.”
“Poor gal. Come sit down.” Beelzemon scooted over to let Valeri sit down.
“So, how did your day go?” Valeri asked as she untied her shoes.
“Just fine, if a little boring. I sat here watching TV most of the time, waiting for you.”
She pulled her legs up. “And how do you feel?”
“A heck of a lot better.”
“Well, if you don’t mind. I think I’ll take a nap.” Valeri said, stifling a yawn.
“By all means.” Beelzemon pulled the covers back and moved over more.
Valeri leaned back against the pillow and closed her eyes gratefully. Beelzemon pulled the covers up over her. She looks so pretty asleep. Huh, I never thought I’d like a human. But she seems different; she makes me feel like I belong. And she actually cares about me. He ran his claws through her hair and across her cheek before returning to watching TV, moving closer to Valeri so that he was against her back.
An hour later Valeri awoke feeling refreshed. The two went upstairs to the kitchen. Beelzemon was rummaging through the fridge while Valeri was reading a book.
“What are YOU doing here?!”
Startled, Beelzemon banged his head on the top shelf and Valeri looked up from her book to see her mother standing in the doorway. She was wearing a housecoat and had a cup in one hand and a paper in the other.
Beelzemon straightened up, rubbing his head. “Why should that concern you?”
“Because this is my house and I don’t want you in it!”
“Well that’s too bad, ‘cause I’m in it and I’m not leavin’.”
Valeri looked at Beelzemon then her mother. “Please don’t fight you guys. You know how I feel about that.”
“Then tell him to leave.”
He put a hand on his hip. “She don’t haveta.”
“Why you”
“Stop it!” Valeri cried, standing up.
Beelzemon and Ms. Shinshiju looked at Valeri in mild surprise.
“You guys are actin’ like a couple of children fighting like this! Mom, you should know better. You tell us not to act this way but here you are, doing exactly that.”
“You’re right dear, I’m sorry. That was very childish of me.”
Yuri appeared behind her mother. “What was all that yellin’ about?”
“Nothing Yuri, go back to whatever you were doing.” Ms. Shinshiju said dismissively.
Yuri shrugged and left.
“I’m sorry too, Val.”
“It’s alright. At least you guys stopped.”
“I’m just curious but, what happened to your friend?” She gestured towards Beelzemon’s bandaged chest, patches of blood blotted it.
“I got attacked.”
“I bet that hurt.”
“You have no idea.”
“Well, I need to get back to work. Lawsuits don’t write themselves ya know.” She turned and left the room.
Beelzemon turned to Valeri. “I can’t find anythin’ ta eat. Can ya help?”
She smiled. “Sure.”
After they ate, they walked into the living room. Just as they sat down there came a knock at the door. Valeri got up and went to answer it. She opened the door and was greeted by a man that was in his late thirties with sandy blonde hair and steel grey eyes. He wore a dark green tand black jeans.
The man’s eyes lit up at the sight of Valeri. “Hello, Valeri,” he said with a smile. “Long time no see. How’s my favorite girl? You’re even prettier than ya used ta be.”
Valeri gasped. “Oh my God! Mom! MOM!”
Ms. Shinshiju dashed into the foyer. “Val, what's wrong?” She caught sight of the man. “Oh, God….”
Beelzemon walked in. “What’s all the fuss about?”
The man gasped at the sight of the demonic viral.
Valeri quickly ushered Beelzemon into the kitchen.
“Who was that?”
Valeri dropped down into one of the kitchen chairs. “He’s my dad.”
“Really?”
“Yeah. He…he’s not a nice person.”
“Really?” Beelzemon asked, sitting down in the chair next to her. “How so?”
“He would get drunk and beat me when Mom was gone. He also did some other things I don’t want to mention.”
Beelzemon scowled. “How could he allowed to do that to ya?!”
“He wasn’t. He went to jail and we moved away after Mom divorced him.”
“I” He was interrupted by shouting coming from the living room.
“How dare you come back?! You bastard, how DARE you come back, and after all you did to us, to Valeri?!”
Valeri put her face in her hands. “Not again.”
Beelzemon put a hand on her shoulder. “It’ll be Ok.”
Valeri shook her head. The arguing went on for about ten more minutes before Valeri could not take it anymore.
“Make them stop!” she pleaded. “Please make them stop….” She began to sob.
Beelzemon stood up and stalked into the living room, where Ms. Shinshiju and Valeri’s father were standing in the middle of the room in an intense argument. He grabbed Valeri’s father roughly by the back of his collar and started dragging him out of the room. A shocked Ms. Shinshiju followed behind them.
“Whathe hell do ya think you’re doin’?!” the man demanded, flailing about uselessly.
The Digimon held on tightly. “I’m kickin’ yer worthless ass out; you’re upsettin’ poor Val. And I won’t stand for that ya stupid loudjerk!” He opened the door and threw the man out into the grass. “And don’t come back or I’ll blow your damn head off!” Then he shut the door. He went back into the kitchen, where Ms. Shinshiju was trying to calm down her daughter, and stood beside Valeri. He put a hand on her shoulder. “It’s alright now, Val. He’s gone.”
Valeri wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. “Thanks, Beelzemon.”
“I know what’ll cheer ya up. Come with me.”
He grabbed her wrist and led her to the front door.
“Wait, where are we going?”
“You’ll see.”
He led her all the way to the rose garden in the park, where they sat and examined the roses.
“Thanks for bringing me here, I feel a lot better.”
“You’re welcome, Val.”
Beelzemon had unsheathed a piece of grass and was fiddling with it, trying to muster up the confidence to tell Valeri what was on his mind. “Um, Val. There’s somethin’ I wanna ask ya.”
“What is it?”
“Do you like me?”
“Yes…wait, how so? As a friend?”
“Umm…well, kinda….”
“Wait, wait. Are you…trying to ask me out or somethin’?” Valeri asked, bewildered.
Beelzemon blushed deeply and looked down at the ground.
Valeri smiled. She leaned forward and kissed him on the cheek.
He looked at her in surprise then looked away. He cleared his throat nervously. “Well, umm…isn’t it time to go home?”
“But why?”
“Umm, what if your mom wants you to do somethin’?”
“Good point. Let’s get going.”
As they walked back to the house, Beelzemon kept his distance from Valeri, which puzzled her. After they got home, Valeri busied herself with making dinner while Beelzemon went downstairs. After she got it started, her mother came in to finish it so Valeri went downstairs. She saw Beelzemon lying on the bed with his hands behind his head, staring at the ceiling. She walked over to the bed. Beelzemon cast a fleeting glance at her before looking back up at the ceiling.
“Beelzemon, why are you acting this way? It’s as if you’re trying to avoid me. Did I do something wrong?”
“No,” Beelzemon said with a sigh. “I did. What with asking that stupid question and all. I expected you to say no and leave. Not yes and…you know.”
“But why would I say no? I do like you, a lot. You’re the only friend I’ve had for a long time.”
“I never had a friend before or felt this way before. It’s…confusing. I just need some alone time, that’s all.” He sighed and looked away.
“Oh, Ok. I’ll go upstairs and leave you alone then.”
Beelzemon listened as she walked upstairs. What is this strange feeling? Every time I’m around her, I get this weird feeling and my stomach gets tied up in knots. Hmmm…it felt funny when she kissed me. He put his hand on his cheek. What would it be like to actually kiss her? Rrrr, STUPID Beelzemon! He slapped himself across the face. She probably only likes you as a friend, ya stupid moron! Tears of rage trickled unchecked down his face. He buried his face in the pillow.
Valeri sat on the couch, completely oblivious to all that was around her as she thought about what had happened earlier. Maybe I took him the wrong way when he asked me if I liked him. She put her face in her hands. God, I am sooo STUPID! Why would he like me as more than a friend, anyway? I am, after all, just a human. He said he hates humans. He deserves another Digimon, one that can take care of herself, not some weak human. Valeri fought the tears that threatened to spill. She curled up in the corner of the couch, which was how her mom found her an hour later, fast asleep.

Valeri avoided going down into her room, where Beelzemon was residing, and he avoided going upstairs. And when he did, he checked to see if Valeri was there first. If she was then he avoided that room.
It went on like this for nearly a week, but it was Beelzemon who finally gave in and went to talk to Valeri. He found her sitting curled up in a corner of the couch, drawing.
Beelzemon swallowed and took a deep breath. “Val, I need ta talk to ya,” he announced as bravely as he could, trying to keep his voice from shaking.
Val looked up at him in surprise. “You do?” She stood up. ”About what?”
“Well, umm, err…” He took a deep breath to try to calm himself and keep his limbs from trembling. “I really like you….”
Valeri looked away. “I didn’t think that you would, ya know ‘cause I’m human. I’m weak and can’t fend for myself and, since you said you hated humans….” She dropped her gaze sadly.
“No no no no! Val I like you for who you are, not just ‘cause you’re human.” Beelzemon said as he walked over to the couch.
Valeri looked up at him. “Well, I…really like you too….”
Beelzemon was taken aback. “I thought you only wanted to be friends and nothing more ‘cause I was a Digimon.”
“Of course not! There’s actually something I wanted to tell you….” she said, standing up.
“I have something I want ta say too.”
“You go first.”
“No, you go first.”
“No, you go first.”
Beelzemon snapped his fingers. “I know! We’ll say it at the same time!”
“Alright.”
Both took a deep breath before blurting out, “I love you!”
They stared at the each other, dazed and confused.
Valeri was the first to recover. She blinked owlishly. “Really?”
“Yyou?”
“Yes!”
Th ey threw their arms around each other in a timid hug. After a moment, they pulled back, a light blush on their cheeks.
Beelzemon chuckled nervously.
Valeri looked down at her hands, which were shaking uncontrollably. She clasped them together to keep them from shaking.
Beelzemon noticed this and took them in his own.
Valeri looked up at him, blushing deeper, and smiled shyly.
Beelzemon grinned shyly and blushed deeper as well.
“Well, hello. What do we have here?”
Valeri and Beelzemon jumped and pulled away from each other quickly.
Yuri looked from one to the other. Both were blushing bright red and looking in opposite directions. “Ooooh. Val’s got a boyfriend!”She giggled.
Valeri flushed deeply.
“Get outta here!” Beelzemon barked.
Yuri squeaked in surprise and dashed out of the room.
Beelzemon cackled evilly.
Valeri frowned. “That wasn’t very nice, Beelzemon.”
He shrugged. “So? It was funny.”
Valeri sighed and walked out of the room.
Confused, Beelzemon followed her. “What, did I say something wrong?”
They walked downstairs to her room. Valeri sat down on the bed and Beelzemon sat down beside her.
“Valeri…?”
“Hmm?”
“Sor ry.”
“For what?”
“For laughing at yer sister.”
Valeri smiled. “Oh don’t be. It was kinda funny actually.”
Beelzemon grinned. He timidly reached out and put his hand on hers.
Valeri blushed and looked down at the floor.
“Um Val? Could ya help take off these bandages, they’re really startin’ ta bother me.”
“Alright.” Valeri blushed lightly as she started taking off the bandages.
Beelzemon tensed up slightly, his stomach felt like a thousand butterflies were flapping around wildly inside of it.
After the entire gauze was off Valeri saw that his wounds were nearly healed. She blushed crimson at the sight of his bare chest, which was taunt with muscle. “Oh, wow….” she muttered, trying to look away.
“Eh?”
“…Your wounds…they’re…they’re healing fast.”
Beelzemon did not notice Valeri’s distress. “Yeah, great thing about bein’ a Digimon. Ya heal fast.”
“Must be wonderful,” she muttered.
Beelzemon stretched and started scratching absentmindedly at one of the wounds on his chest, causing red marks to appear. His muscles rippled with each movement.
Valeri flushed deeper and tore her gaze away. “Umm…I have some lotion for that.”
“For what?” Beelzemon asked and then realized what he was doing. “Oh, that. Uhmm, s”
Valeri got up and started searching through her dresser drawers before producing a light blue colored bottle with the label peeled off and a dark green serpent with a yellow underbelly drawn all the way around, from top to bottom.
“Oh, wow. You sure know how to customize things.” He grinned timidly, a light pink hue to his cheeks.
Valeri blushed a shade darker than Beelzemon’s. “ThI’m not really that good.” She walked over and handed the bottle to him.
He took it and examined the serpent, slowly turning it over. Then he held it out to her.
“Do you not want it?” Valeri asked quizzically.
“Of course I do. It’s just that I’d better not do it in case I scratch myself up.”
“Oh. Syou…want me to do it?”
Beelzemon blinked and blushed deeper. “Iguess so.”
Valeri took the bottle and squirted out a small blob of white lotion onto the tips of her fingers. Then tentatively began applying it to the spot he had been scratching, careful not to touch him.
Beelzemon tensed up completely as the cold lotion touched his skin, inhaling sharply. He blushed deeply as a shudder ran down his spine. His heartbeat quickened and he slowly closed his eyes. This feels...good...great actually…. Very slowly, he started to relax and leaned back against the wall, sighing with pleasure. He felt like his insides were melting as Valeri hesitantly continued to rub the area.
Valeri stopped and pulled her hand back.
Beelzemon made a small noise of protest and opened his eyes. “Don’t stop, not yet,” he whispered as softly as his gruff voice would allow.
Valeri blinked and blushed deeper. Not wanting to upset him, she applied more lotion to her hand and started rubbing lightly over the rest of his wounds. She felt her heart skip a beat and her chest tighten as she felt the rockmuscles beneath her hand, her breath caught in her throat.
Beelzemon slowly closed his eyes and sighed. “A little harder.” he murmured.
Valeri pressed a little harder and flushed even more. After a couple minutes, she realized that he had fallen asleep. She started pulling her hand back but Beelzemon flinched and muttered something she could not hear. Afraid she might wake him, she started massaging his chest again.
Valeri sighed and absentmindedly started massaging down towards his stomach as her thoughts began to go astray. It’s nice to know someone cares so much about me. I love him more than I thought I could ever love anyone except Mom and Yuri…I wonder how much does he loves me. Suddenly Beelzemon grunted as she pushed too hard on one of his wounds, snapping her out of her daze. She blushed and quickly pulled her hand away.
He opened his eyes and looked at her.
“Sorry, I didn’t mean it,” Valeri said quietly, a bit frightened. “Please don’t get mad.”
Beelzemon partially closed his eyes and smiled. “How could I possible be mad at you?” He reached out and put his hand on her cheek. “I couldn’t ever be mad at you, and if I was, then I wouldn’t mean it.”
She pressed her face into his hand, smiling, glad he wasn’t mad at her.
“I love you.” Beelzemon whispered.
Valeri put her arms around his neck and pressed her face in his neck. “I love you too.”
Beelzemon hugged her. Suddenly his stomach growled. He grinned meekly.
Valeri pulled away and giggled. “Sounds like you haven’t eaten for awhile.”
“Ya got that right.”
“Well come on, let’s go find something to eat.”
They walked upstairs into the kitchen. Beelzemon leaned against the wall while Valeri fixed them cheeseburgers.
Valeri could not help but glance at Beelzemon, who had one hand behind his head while he drummed the wall with his claws. She watched as his muscles moved. He looked up at her and she blushed and quickly looked away. He tilted his head to one side, shrugged slightly, and continued drumming the wall.
Yuri walked in and stopped short when she saw Beelzemon. “Oooooh!” She giggled.
Beelzemon looked at her in confusion. “What’s so funny?”
“Nothing.” she said, giggling again.
Beelzemon gave her one of those Ok’relooks and pushed himself off the wall. Yuri giggled again as she watched him walk over to Valeri, who had turned off the burner and was putting the burgers on a paper towel.
“What the hell is her problem?” he muttered.
“She thinks you’re cute. She always acts this way in front of guys she thinks of as cute.” Valeri replied quietly, trying hard not show her jealousy or look at him.
“I hate bein’ called cute. I ain’t cute!” he said sulkily. “I’m cool.”
“Yes. She probably also likes looking at your muscles.”
“Humph, not surprised,” He glanced at Yuri then back at Valeri, who was blushing lightly and scowling. “And you don’t?” he asked with a smirk.
Her eyes widened and she blushed deeply. “I….” She started busying herself with getting the condiments.
Beelzemon watched her with an amused grin. “I’d take that as a yes,” He turned to Yuri. “Quit yer gawkin’ and get outta here!”
She squealed and ran out of the room, giggling.
Beelzemon chuckled. “Works every time,” He walked over to Valeri, who was setting everything on the table, and put his arms around her waist. “Now we can be alone.”
Taken by surprise, Valeri squeaked and blushed. She fought the urge to fight against him and relaxed, putting her hands on his arms and resting the back of her head against his chest.
Beelzemon reached up and started caressing her cheek and neck.
Valeri closed her eyes and sighed pleasurably, smiling slightly.
Beelzemon’s tail slowly coiled itself around her ankle. He rested his cheek on the top of her head and placed his hand on her cheek. “Do really love me?” he asked suddenly.
Valeri opened her eyes. “What? I…um” She looked at the wall with uncertainty.
Ms. Shinshiju suddenly appeared in the doorway. “What do you two think your doing?!”
Beelzemon and Valeri jumped violently, causing Beelzemon to nick the girl’s cheek.
Valeri’s hand flew to her cheek. “Ow!”
“Sorry!” Beelzemon pulled her hand away to examine the wound.
“Get your hands off my daughter, you despicable creature!”
Beelzemon quickly pulled away. He looked down shamefully.
“Mom, he wasn’t doing anything!” Valeri said, taking a step towards her mother. Beelzemon’s tail caused her to trip but he quickly grabbed her by the upper part of her arm and pulled her back up before she fell, uncoiling his tail as he did so.
She sighed in relief. “Thanks.”
“I’m sorry,” he muttered.
“Not doing anything is he? Looks to me like he was.” Ms. Shinshiju scowled and folded her arms.
“Mom, you don’t understand!”
“Oh, I understand alright. This…monster
Valeri’s eyes narrowed. “Don’t you DARE finish that sentence! He’s NOT a monster and he loves me! And I won’t listen to you talk bad about him just because you don’t like him! I love you Mom, but I also love him too,” Tears were brimming in her eyes. “SO JUST SHUT UP AND LEAVE US ALONE!”
Beelzemon listened to her with awe and sympathy. She really does love me, a lot. Oh Val, ya don’t have to stick up for me like this. I can see it’s tearing you apart to yell at yer mom like that.
Ms. Shinshiju stared dumbstruck at her furious daughter. She thought she was going to faint. She had never seen Valeri so angry before.
Valeri wiped at her eyes. “You don’t understand…you could never understand.” Suddenly she bolted for the door.
Beelzemon reached out to stop her but she was too fast. “Val!” His arm dropped to his side and he glared at Ms. Shinshiju. “What a mother you turned out to be. Ya stupid bitch!” he hissed before dashing out after Valeri.
Ms. Shinshiju fell to her knees, unable to absorb what had just happened.

Beelzemon was running through the park, frantically searching for Valeri. He knew she had come here because he could sense her, but could not pinpoint where she was exactly. “Val, Valeri! Vaaaleriii!”
“Go away!”
Beelzemon stopped and looked around. “Val?”
He walked through a tall bush and saw Valeri huddled next to the tree that was in the clearing. She had her face buried in her knees and was shaking with sobs.
Beelzemon walked up to her and knelt beside her. He put his arms around her.
“No, go away.” Valeri said weakly, trying to push him away.
“No, I’m not leavin’.” he said, pulling her closer.
“Please, just go away.”
“Not when you’re like this.”
Valeri sighed, knowing that he was not going to leave. “Thank you.” she mumbled.
“Eh, what was that?”
“Nothing.”
“Oh, well, I’m not leaving.”
Valeri hugged Beelzemon. “She doesn’t understand,” she said with a sigh.
Beelzemon tilted her head up so that she looked at him. The cut on her cheek was still bleeding so he pressed his hand against it. “Why did you stick up for me like that?”
“Because I love you. There was no reason for her to be yelling at you like that.”
“Thank you. No one’s ever done that for me before.”
“Anytime.”
“Come on, we’d better get home. I’m tired.”
“So am I.”
He gathered her up in his arms and stood up. “Alright then. But um…could you…uh, massage me again?”
“Umm. Alright, but you have to carry me home.”
“Ok. We’ll have to avoid your mom; I kinda called her something nasty. So she won’t be happy.”
Valeri groaned. “What?”
“I’m not gonna repeat it, especially to you.” he replied.
“Oh, well I’m guessin’ it wasn’t very nice.” Valeri said quietly as he started walking.
“Yeah.”
They reached her house and walked cautiously towards her room. They could hear Ms. Shinshiju sobbing as they went down the hall.
“Poor Mom. I should go see if she’s Ok.”
“No, you should wait. Let her calm down first.”
Valeri nodded. “You’re right, let’s get downstairs.”
Beelzemon walked cautiously down the stairs. When he reached the bottom step, he set Valeri down. He walked over and sat on the bed. Valeri turned on the stereo before sitting down beside him, crossHe stretched himself out on the bed, leaning against Valeri and resting his head against her stomach. Valeri hesitantly started massaging him. He sighed pleasurably and partially closed his eyes.
After a moment or so Valeri asked, “Want me to stop now? You look like your about to fall asleep.”
“No, I’m not asleep yet.”
“Oh, I see. You want me to massage you to sleep.”
“Exactly.”
Valeri smiled and started running her fingers through his hair.
“Ack, don’t do that! Yer messin’ up my hair!”
Valeri giggled. “I am, am I? Alright, I’ll stop,” She started massaging his chest with the heel of her hand. “How ‘bout I do this instead?”
Beelzemon closed his eyes and sighed. “Much better…but I still gotta fix my hair when I get up.”
“Nonsense, I didn’t mess it up. It still looks good.”
“Good isn’t good enough. It has to be perfect.” Beelzemon mumbled sleepily.
“You are perfect.” Valeri whispered with a soft giggle.
“Damn right I am.” Beelzemon muttered before falling asleep.
Valeri caressed his cheek with one hand then put her arms around his neck. Suddenly she heard footsteps coming down the stairs. She looked up to see her mother standing in the doorway. She frowned. “What do you want?”
“I wanted to talk to you.” Ms. Shinshiju said quietly, trying to ignore the sight she beheld.
“If you’ve come to be mean to Beelzemon, then you can just forget it.” She looked down at Beelzemon.
Ms. Shinshiju sat down beside her daughter, trying to keep away from Beelzemon.
Beelzemon began to squirm a little and mumbled something under his breath.
Valeri leaned down and whispered, “It’s alright, go back to sleep.”
He sighed softly and settled down.
Valeri straightened up and looked at her mother, who was eyeing the sleeping Viral with distaste. “What did you want to talk about?”
“I wanted to apologize. For being mean to your…friend here.”
“Thank you Mom, I’m sorry for yelling at you too.”
“You meant what you said about…loving him…didn’t you?”
Valeri blushed lightly. “Yes.”
“Oh my God,” Ms. Shinshiju put her head in her hand. “So what? You’re dating this guy?!”
Valeri blushed deeper. “I guess you could say that.” She ran her fingers across his face and smiled.
Ms. Shinshiju shook her head in disbelief.
“Oh, Mom, you don’t understand.” Valeri sighed.
“No I don’t. But as long as you’re happy I’ll leave you two alone. Just don’t do anything you’re not supposed to. And if anything happens, anything at all, come get me and I’ll kick him outta the house.”
“I promise and I know that if Beelzemon was awake he’d promise not to as well.”
“Ok, I’ll leave now, you look exhausted.”
“Thanks Mom, I love you.” Valeri reached out and hugged her mother.
“You’re welcome.”
She stood up and walked to the stairs. “Your grandma’s coming tomorrow. Try not to let your…boyfriend scare her outta her wits.”
“Yes Mom.”
After her mom left the room, Valeri leaned against the wall. She closed her eyes and went to sleep.