Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Devimon's saga ❯ Unholy Alliance! Neo and Fallen Devimon join forces ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's notes: In many ways, this chapter is like chapter one. One of these ways it that none of the chosen children of digimon adventure make an appearance, and instead it focuses on backstory and other such things about the digital world during(Well, actually directly after, but they are close enough that very few characters from the previous chapter appear.) the events of chapter 9.(At the time of this writing, if more rewrites occur numbers are subject to change.) If you are reading this fic for the couplings involved, or for the chosen children, please only skim this chapter for a rough idea of the events going on, unless you liked chapter 1. However, these events may prove important to this fic, and since this story must be told, prepare for this next installment of Fallen Devimon's saga.


Dragon Eye Lake. Once, a peaceful lake guarded by a mostly kindly Seadramon (Unless a heavy trolley runs over his tail. Now, not only had monitor island in the middle of the lake become the headquarters for the psychopathic evil chosen, who had been known to delete his own digimon if they became useless, but Fallen Devimon, along with his remaining forces, were headed to Beetle Land to create a new base of operations, also on the outskirts of Dragon Eye.


"Devimon-sama, do you believe we still have a chance after Mugen Dramon's revival?" Devidramon perfect asked, quite fearfully. The dragon digimon had seen the great power Lady Devimon now commands, and did not want to fight against it. But Fallen Devimon was his master, and he was not enough of a coward to turn his back on Devimon-sama.

"It was said that even an ultimate fell to the might of Skull Satamon. At the moment I lack that power, but I've already sent a few Airdramon out to learn of what is prophesized to happen in this war. Lady Devimon may have more power, but as the leader of an army of nightmare soldiers, she does not know how to use it." Fallen Devimon responded, though he himself had been shaken somewhat by the occurrence that drove him from Infinity.

"Look, Beetle Land is in sight!" Megadramon said, alerting the others, and cutting the conversation short, as the remaining forces of Fallen Devimon swooped down onto the island inhabited by Insectoid digimon.

A conversation of a different and much darker sort was taking place on Infinity Mountain, which due to mysterious plot-friendly inaccuracies in the timeline, had stopped suddenly to take place at the same time as the rest of this story. "Have you truly thrown away your friendship with all of them that made you a chosen, even with Gabumon?" The Grey lord asked, hoping against hope he could get Yamato to reconsider.

"Yes." Yamato responded darkly, and prepared to attack."Then it appears I have n" The Vamdemon began, but was quickly cut off by the sight of a flying dagger just thrown by the former chosen of friendship aimed for the spellcaster's arm "Unholy Barrier!" The grey-robed digimon sent up a black barrier, which blocked the dagger and sent it flying off harmlessly.

"Do not compare me to an ordinary Vamdemon, the spells I've created are much stronger. The one you fought in Tokyo was a weakling compared to me." The Grey Lord said, sure enough in his victory to warn his opponent.

"Why have you aligned yourself with the chosen children? This is not fitting of your kind." Yamato responded, trying to stall the Vamdemon while getting his attack squad of a few elite(Though easily taken by Fallen Devimon, and they easily switched sides after Mugen Dramon's revival.) Musyamon assassins into position.

"If I may quote Xellos on this," The Grey Lord replied, not at all eager to reveal his motivations. "sore wa himitsu desu." He answered, preferring to leave it a secret.

"This is working very well. Hikari and Phantomon are fighting even as we speak, and we have managed to escape into the digital world, our plan for Dragon Eye Lake is sure to succeed." Felis muttered from inside the Mecha Norimon he was piloting, the protectors of the digital world having escaped the previous battle through a portal. "Are you sure it's right to take advantage of the lake guardian like this." Yami Leomon asked, not feeling too sure of the plan."I know it's not, and were this a weaker opponent I wouldn't do so. But if dragon's eye must be sacrificed so the rest of our world can survive, then so be it." Felis responded, willing to do whatever it took to protect the digital world. At this moment, Leo awoke, though still greatly injured by Mugen Dramon's claw, and his armor still cracked. "I must return to Factorial Fortress." He said, barely getting out each word.

"Why return?" Felis asked. "Especially with the high probability that Fallen Devimon and Neo will fight." He added, baffled by the armored lion's request.

"This war is long, my training will be needed." Leo replied, clearly not in condition to speak much longer.

"But how can we replace you? If you leave, and with Black Lilymon missing, we'll be stuck with an insane Giromon, Yami Leomon, and myself, not nearly enough to stop anything from happening." Felis asked, wondering why the Grappleomon was being so foolish, talking so much when injured so badly, and using those words for foolish requests.

"I know of one other who may help you. The former elder of Air Dragon village, Maildramon." Leo suggested, and then fell unconscious once more.

"We may not have much time, but as we are now, we won't convince the lake guardian of anything, he's one of the most stubborn digimon out there. If a trusted village elder helps us out though, it just might work. Let's head for factorial fortress!" Felis spoke, knowing that without Leo's help, or the help of the Maildramon, their plan wouldn't work, and turned his Mecha Norimon at a ninety-degree angle, then headed for the fortress.

After Fallen Devimon's arrival at Beetle Land, he found it quite easy to establish it as a base. The viral kuwagamon(And evolutions) welcomed the demon lord and his forces, though whether it was due to cowardice or agreement with his aims was uncertain, and the odds were about equal for each. In the space of minutes, the tree which their lord Dino Beemon once ruled from(Now merely a major subordinate of Fallen Devimon, having quickly joined the revived devil's cause.), had been extended greatly and turned into what was either some type of plant golem or a large fortress for dark lords and bug digimon, it wasn't clear which from the humanoid(With insect face), and mobile design. Ogremon eagerly took note of every detail about this base of operations, Lady Devimon had sent him as a spy for a reason.

Snooping around the unusual fortress was a digimon that was insectoid in wing structure only, Black Lilymon to be exact. Though her stealth abilities were incredible, her black color didn't blend in well with the greens and browns of the fortress, and she was spotted by a Kuwagamon with a black gear. "Who are you?" The insectoid asked, not recognizing the plant fairy. "He could be dangerous, if word gets out of my being here. I can't let that happen." Black Lilymon thought, and prepared to kill the unfortunate digimon. "Flower cannon!" A blast of pink energy shot from her flowery hands, which opened to reveal a mechanism for doing so beforehand. In a millisecond, the Kuwagamon was annihilated. Though how easy it was to kill the Kuwagamon relieved Black Lilymon somewhat, she was still afraid that a battle over territory between Neo and Fallen Devimon would soon commence, and that neither protectors of the digital world nor chosen would be able to take advantage of this opportunity. It had to be delayed, but how?

On the island of Monitor, Neo had become aware of Fallen Devimon's arrival, and the dark chosen was wondering how this would effect him. Lady Devimon was already a powerful enemy, and since his plan to betray her and take Mugen Dramon for himself had failed, she had become even more so. However, the succubus digimon had turned on Fallen Devimon as well, so it was quite possible that Fallen Devimon would align against her. On the other hand, the demon digimon had a reputation for brutality, and might attack him over territory alone, or merely a wish to reduce competition. How the composition demon digimon would act was anyone's guess, but it would probably be a good idea to send an emissary regardless, and his Waru Seadramon had been looking awfully weak as of late, so regardless of the outcome, it would be good for him. Thinking of that, Neo smiled sadistically, and sent for his remaining Deep Saver, one of the few digimon that had survived Arca Demon and Demon's battle. "You are to act as emissary to our recent guests. If they do not cooperate with our aims, kill them." Neo Saiba ordered, and his Waru Seadramon swam off.

The journey to the Insectoid Demon Fortress was a short one, but it would not be a peaceful one skipped over in one sentence. The main reason for this was the lake guardian. "A Waru Seadramon, here? It appears Dragon Eye has changed, but I can't allow this to be the hub of evil like Infinity has become. Whatever he's trying, I must stop him." The Mega Seadramon thought, and then dove through the water to follow the evil serpent, and try to find a good spot to attack. Soon, in open lakewater, an opportunity presented itself. It was a part of dragon eye that had a special sensitivity to electricity, with a barrier drawing all lightning (And there was much, with all the ModokiBetamon nearby.) that went nearby into it. Once the Waru Seadramon entered, the guardian of dragon eye fired. "Thunder Javelin!" A powerful bolt of electricity flew out of the horn on the lake guardian's head, and fried the dark-colored sea serpent.

The bolt of lightning was powerful, and would have killed many digimon, and being an aquatic one only made it worse. Upon taking the attack, Waru Seadramon began thinking back to the rest of his life, from his constant abuse in the dark ocean, to slavery under a cruel tribe of Gesomon that often sucked his very blood out to power them up, or merely for amusement, to his rescue by Neo, but even during under the dark chosen, his life was still in doubt, Metal Greymon's death served as a good reminder of the consequences for failure. He had feelings for the semi-mechanical digimon, and though he had a brief period of happiness during his life, soon Metal Greymon was deleted, and his life became hell again. Through all of this, he had a burning desire to live, to get revenge on the many who had caused him pain throughout his life, and someday avenge Metal Greymon's death. And he would let no guardian of dragon's eye stop him from living. "Darkstrom!" A dark whirlpool, not unlike the one Devimon had been imprisoned in, though it was not nearly as powerful, shot out of the evil deep saver's mouth and surrounded Mega Seadramon.

Surrounded by a whirlpool of darkness, Mega Seadramon pondered how he would escape. Any electric attacks would be magnified by the whirlpool, and merely strike himself down. Of course, he had one attack that did not use electricity, but could he risk it? Yes, he had to, Waru Seadramon's attack had the same effect anyway, and with any luck they would cancel out. "Maelstrom!"

The attack worked! The two whirlpools spun in the opposite direction, and soon canceled each other out. Unfortunately, the collision released enough energy to drive out the water from the lightning zone, and a large part of Native Forest was flooded, though the water would recede back soon. The Lake guardian would not forget about the battle though. Looking around, the horned serpent saw Dragon Eye Lake, and only Dragon Eye Lake, with no Waru Seadramon in sight. Determined to stop his darker counterpart in the Seadramon line, Mega Seadramon swam off, in the direction Waru Seadramon was going.

As the Grey Lord and Yamato battled, Iori's group arrived at Infinity Mountain, having picked up Tsunomon on the trip through native forest. However, what they saw on the mountain was what appeared to be a human battling against a Vamdemon, with Fallen Devimon nowhere in sight. "Nani? Where's Devimon?" Iori asked, quite confused by the situation.

"Fallen Devimon was betrayed by Lady Devimon, who revived Mugen Dramon. Afterward, they left to attack the upper kingdom, leaving Yamato to protect it for them." Tsunomon said ominously. "Yamato? Do you mean Ishida Yamato?" Iori asked.

"Yes." Tsunomon replied sadly. "And now I am forced to fight against my own chosen."

"Serves you right, for helping that creep for so long." Iori responded coldly, angering Tsunomon, but their argument was cut short, as they came quite near the battle.

"If you won't tell me your motives, I'll send you to hell anyway!" Yamato exclaimed angrily. It may have been confusion of what Yamato meant "Send you to hell.", since he knew digimon would just be reborn, or it may have just been surprise based on the speed of the attack and the fact that the declaration came just after he was disarmed, but either way, Yamato's fist connected at a high speed with the vampire digimon's head, and the Grey Lord failed to block it with any of his magic.

"Kisama." Iori said to Yamato, quite angered by the chosen of friendship,(Or should that be ex-chosen?) despite how uncharacteristic of him it was.

"Armadimon shinka! Ankylomon!" An even harder shell covered the armadillo digimon, and it's useless tail became a spiked club of one, and it charged the servant of Lady Devimon. With merely a look from Yamato, a group of Igamon let loose their shuriken, and before Ankylomon could even charge half the distance required, a few well-placed shuriken had damaged his vulnerable areas, and the armored digimon returned to it's child state.

"Do you really believe that your digimon would fare any better this time around?" Yamato asked coldly, showing no remorse over nearly killing Ankylomon. "Iori, as long as you stand against me, you must die." Iori walked forward slowly, not fazed by the threat. Seeing a window of opportunity, Yamato picked up the dagger that the Grey Lord had knocked away. But noticing this, King Etemon was not going to let an ally of Fallen Devimon(Well, at least as far as he knew.) regain his weapon so easily. This was an excellent opportunity to stop one of the beings that threatened him the most, and he was not going to let it escape so easily.

"Monkey Play!" King Etemon formed a monkey-shaped bomb in his hands, and then began to throw at Yamato, when he was interrupted by a horn sticking into his arm. Throwing anyway, he found his throw deflected, and it flew harmlessly past the former chosen.

"Nani?" Yamato asked. He had been too distracted to notice it at first, but that was an Ultimate-level digimon attacking him. And even more mysterious, it's aim had been deflected by something, and the attack that should have killed him missed. Regardless, it was clear that the bishounen was up against much deadlier competition then he had thought.

What Yamato did not realize that Iori had progressed into range to attack using his shinai. "Yamato, for all the harm you have caused the very world you were summoned to save, you must die!" Were Iori a digimon, he would have shouted an attack name with it. But since he was not, he merely swung his shinai with a great deal of ferocity, but little focus, only to find the weapon pierced by a mere dagger, while a look of shock came over Iori's face.

"This is so predictable." The Grey Lord said, not as unconscious as everyone assumed him to be. "Using his dagger as a catalyst and Iori's shinai as an amplifier, Yamato will bring forth the power of darkness in an extra-powerful attack.

"Thanks for the warning, but doesn't that really undercut the dramatic feel of this scene?" Iori asked, somewhat annoyed by the Vamdemon's comment.

"Burst piercing!" Using the dagger as a catalyst, a great deal of dark energy flew through the shinai, it's shape amplifying the power, and then predictably caused it to explode.

As this battle was raging, Waru Seadramon finally arrived in beetle land. "I bring a message from Neo-sama to Devimon-san." The sea serpent announced, calling him that more out of habit then anything, though the Waru Seadramon of past days would not be able to believe he had used the honorific -sama when dealing with Neo, but this is what the deep saver was reduced to.

"Devimon-sama is available to take your message." A Kuwagumon responded, escorting the sea serpent, and then added "I can assure you that if this is a cleverly disguised assassination attempt, it's not a very good one and it will fail miserably.", due to Fallen Devimon's odd sense of humor in his orders.

"So, this is the assassin? Is Neo joking?" Fallen Devimon said, sweatdropping. If Waru Seadramon would stop thinking about his past and being incredibly serious, he would have facefaulted, but those as serious as Zeldagis can't do so.

"No, I'm an emissary." Waru Seadramon responded, not understanding why Fallen Devimon sweatdropped.

"When is the assassin coming?" Fallen Devimon asked.

At this, Black Lilymon moved into position to fire. If she picked off Neo's emissary, Fallen Devimon would believe Waru Seadramon to be a diversion while the "assassin" attacked, and Neo and Fallen Devimon would battle against one another, as they should have from the start. But somehow, the digimon that had only an hour ago murdered a Kuwagumon for the purposes of keeping her cover couldn't bring herself to do it. It must have been Waru Seadramon's eyes, and the great pain within them. As little as she usually thinks about taking life, she couldn't kill one so much like herself.

"There is no assassin. I bring the following message from Saiba Neo, chosen of Demon: We have both been betrayed by Lady Devimon. Neither one of us can defeat her and Mugen Dramon bringing only the forces they possess and themselves. If we were to align, she would no longer threaten either of our chances of ruling the digital world." Waru Seadramon read Neo's message as he had been ordered to, knowing treachery now would be useless, and Fallen Devimon would probably see through it anyway.

"A sensible idea. I accept this alliance." Fallen Devimon answered.

Soon after these events, but quite far from them, in factorial fortress, the protectors of the digital world arrived.(And the author of the fic set the record for most commas used when not making a list.) "We must speak with Maildramon." Felis explained, to the Guardromon at the city walls.

"A cat-person, a Giromon, and some weird black-furred Leomon? I don't believe Maildramon ever had dealings with any of you. What are you up to?" The Guardromon replied, suspiciously.

"Also, could you check in Leo to the Centar Clinic?" Felis asked, knowing that showing concern for someone as renowned as Leo and showing that he wasn't a hostage could prove advantageous.

"Yes, I will. However, you may accompany me only to the Centar Clinic, and not meet with Maildramon. The lost of most of the digimon he was supposed to protect has shaken him up greatly, and the last thing he needs is another assassination attempt." The guardromon explained.

"If we wanted to assassinate Maildramon, why would we bring back Leo?" Felis asked, hoping the mechanical digimon would be rational despite the tight security.

"I don't know, you might have brainwashed him, or you might just find Maildramon more threatening. Regardless, I can't allow you to see him." The Guardromon answered, as Felis tried to figure out a way to get in to the very

city he played a vital role in the creation of. Suddenly, he realized a way.

"What about Andromon-sama. I'm sure if he came, this could be cleared up." Felis asked once more, knowing that if he couldn't get Andromon's help, they would certainly be delayed for a long time.

"Why, so you can assassinate him too?" The guard of factorial fortress asked skeptically. "This isn't working, we should go now." Felis muttered, but to find Giromon in disagreement.

"With just myself, you, and Yami Leomon, we won't stand a chance of actually executing our plan. This may take a lot of time, but with our situation as it is now, we will need to take this time." Giromon spoke, and to the dismay of Felis, his digimon partner was in agreement.

"Oh well." Felis sighed, and hoped that by the time Maildramon was able to join them, the digital world not under the control of darkness would not only be Factorial Fortress. Far above factorial town, Leomon was still affected by the Grey Lord's words. "If anyone knows the meaning of this, it's Centarumon. I should contact him." The lion warrior thought, and decided to contact the keeper of the digivice temple. "The Grey Lord has told me that I am to be the digimon of a chosen. Please, tell me what prophecy speaks of this." Leomon said, having opened a hologram-link similar to those used by Gennai.

"I believe I know what the prophecy is. We haven't managed to translate it fully yet, though." Centarumon explained. "And there are many things it could mean, the Grey Lord's interpretation is only one of many. However, as far as we can tell, the prophecy reads as follows:"

"The warrior of light will battle the soldier of nightmares, for the fate of Infinity's controller, and the dark alliance shall rush to battle. In a brilliant light, the feline protector shall unite with a being from another world." Centarumon read.

"There is more to the prophecy, we just haven't translated it all yet. We believe the first passage refers to one of the chosen's digimon battling Fallen Devimon, perhaps for Yamato's fate between light and darkness as he currently controls infinity, but it could refer to the fate of one of the demon digimon themselves. The dark alliance probably refers to the protectors of the digital world, made up of dark digimon, but it might be Lady Devimon's forces or something of the sort. We believe the feline protector means a feline digimon that protects others, and you fit that quite well, and uniting with a being from another world means becoming the digimon partner of a human, at least according to the Grey Lord" Centarumon interpreted, but Leomon was still not sure.

"In a brilliant light, the feline protector shall unite with a being from another world." Leomon thought. "As far as I can tell, that means what the grey lord thinks. The only other thing I can think of." Leomon began, and then blushed. "The prophecy can't mean THAT, can it?"

"Hentai!" Centarumon responded, and a nearby female Nefertimon whacked the hologram with a super-dimensional mallet, but it went right through. "I don't think that's what the prophecy means."

In the lake of the dragon eye, upon hearing Waru Seadramon's message, Fallen Devimon and Neo flew out to meet. "It appears that for now, we are allies." Neo remarked.

"For now." Fallen Devimon confirmed. "I assume you will turn on me once Lady Devimon is defeated?"

"I expect no less from you, Fallen Devimon-sama." Neo replied, mockingly. "Now that everything is settled, shall we depart?"

"Yes, let's go." Fallen Devimon answered, and with the three great dragons behind him, took flight for infinity.

In the Factorial Fortress, a troubling message was e-mailed to the other protectors of the digital world from Black Lilymon. "Fallen Devimon and Neo have aligned and are headed to Infinity Mountain, damn them."

"After a long amount of time, the author has finally thought up a good way to begin the omake." Chibi-Takeru yelled happily. "Unfortunately, the author forgot it before getting to write it down." Chibi-Sora added, and then said "Welcome to the first digimon-only omake of Fallen Devimon's saga!" As this was said, all non-digimon chibis vanished into a plot hole

"What about the one for chapter 1?" Chibi-Miyako asked. After thinking for a while, the chibi counterpart of the chosen of hope responded "That was a crossover with the cthulhuian mythos and Fushigi Yuugi." The rest of the chibi-chosen facefaulted.

However, and quite unfortunately for a group containing Birdramon, Garurumon, Greymon, and Leomon, they were attacked by an angry Chibi-Waru Seadramon. "In the hopes of finally ending this suffering, Evil Icicle!" The virus-type yelled, and then tears began shooting out of his eyes as he shot an icicle at the group, while he complained about the pain of living and his horrible memories(And other such stuff.)

Now, whether using an ice-based attack on fire digimon was a good thing is unknown. "Do we stand a chance?" Chibi-Miyako asked, though it would have normally been asked by Taichi, when a character a chibi is based off dies, oftentimes so does the chibi.

"Well, it's difficult to tell." Chibi-Koushirou replied, pulling up a chart. "The battle system for the digital world is multi-faceted and hopelessly complex. In addition to the 9 types of Fire, Ice, Thunder, Filth, Plant, Battle, Mech, Holy, and Dark, it also has the Virus-Data-Vaccine thing, and probably some other stuff as well. As for which is more useful, it is unknown. And for which elements beat which, it's generally believed that Holy beats Dark, but otherwise, no one else has a clue." Koushirou explained, confusing everyone. "Really, it could go either way. Fire does beat ice in some series, since heat can melt it. But at the same time, when ice is melted it becomes water, which puts out fire."

"So, why were you able to say all this before the attack hit when you aren't Excel?" Chibi-Miyako asked once more, and the author, noticing that even his own characters saw through his time slowdown, allowed the attack to hit.

And what a deadly attack it was. Were this not a super-deformed fic with a large cast that was easily reduced by killing characters off, it would be possible that some would survive, and that if they did die they would have long drawn-out death scenes. However, Chibi-Leomon stepped up.

"Run! I'll hold him off!" The oft-killed lion roared, and as the other chibis scampered away…"Juu-oh-ken!" A lion's head sprung from the chibi-lion's fist. Though the author did not decide whether to make the attack more or less powerful because it was ice-based, (He is an incompetent fool after all.), the advantage gained by being vaccine against virus was not enough to compensate for how much greater Waru Seadramon was, and Leomon died again.

"Metal Greymon, to gain the strength to avenge you, I will kill as many as necessary." Chibi-Waru Seadramon said boldly, and then, unable to take it the pain of killing anymore, tried once again to escape this life, but the gods wouldn't let him commit suicide. As Waru Seadramon cursed the gods of the digital world, the omake ended.