Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Devimon's saga ❯ Departure from upper kingdom! Leading up to Infinity's second battle ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fallen Devimon's saga, part 11

Authors Notes: While I got an excellent amount of reviews for chapter 9 and the re-write, chapter 10 has gone blank thusfar in that area. Please review, it's quite frustrating to work so hard on a chapter and get no feedback.

"The warrior of light will battle the soldier of nightmares, for the fate of Infinity's controller, and the dark alliance shall rush to battle. In a brilliant light, the feline protector shall unite with a being from another world." Leomon thought, recalling recent events. "But what does the prophecy mean? The feline protector is probably me, but does uniting with a being from another world mean becoming one of the digimon of the chosen? Or does it mean the other thing it could refer to? And if it does mean the other thing, what kind of a hentai would put that in a prophecy?"

But Leomon's thought was interrupted by a concerned Mimi and Togemon checking up on him. "Still thinking about what the Grey Lord said to you, huh?" The currently brown-haired girl asked. "You really shouldn't worry about it that much, if he was telling the truth, you'll learn what you need to in time."

"It's not just that. I talked to Centarumon about it, and it's part of a larger prophecy. The Grey Lord believes a certain line refers to my finding a chosen." Leomon explained."And what is the line?" Mimi asked, curiously."I-I'd rather not tell." Leomon muttered, blushing.

In some abandoned building that had fallen into disrepair(A rare sight in the upper kingdom), Hikari and Phantomon continued to battle. "Soul Chopper!" Hikari's vulnerable human neck was pierced by Phantomon's scythe.

"How dare you!" Hikari responded angrily, popping a vein. "But then again, tricking others to gain an advantage over them, be it with Lady Devimon or myself, is all you ever do. Vile abomination, I shall not allow you to live! Purification Beam!" As Hikari's eyes narrowed, a beam of light extended from Hikari's hands, impaling the ghost digimon.

"That was a truly powerful attack, but I will not let some half-breed slay me so easily, even in a sanctuary of light." Phantomon responded, showing no injury from Hikari's attack. "I shall depart now, there is no reason to fight the dying" Phantomon added, and attempted to phase out, but the nature of the plane prevented it.

In the hospital of the upper kingdom, feeling the injuries to her chosen, Angewomon attempted to fly to where Hikari had gone(Despite the protests of the Unimon attempted to heal her), but with her wings broken, it would take some time.

Meanwhile, in the Knightmon dojo, Sora had begun her kenjutsu training. "Don't put so much force into your attack, it may be powerful, but you leave yourself complete defenseless. If this were a real battle, you would be dead" Knightmon lectured, taking advantage of how unguarded Sora was and sticking one hand out to take the blow, and with the other attacking.

"Would this be better?" Sora asked, and began a slower attack, but Knightmon easily dodged it, sweatdropping the entire time.

"No, it's still too predictable where you will attack, you don't have the control to change directions in mid-swing, so it's basically a bit worse then staying in a defensive position, since it will never hit that way." Knightmon responded, understanding why Angemon had sent for him to train the chosen of love.

These exchanges went on for some time, and by the end of the lesson, Sora had learned little, finally getting a decent pace for swinging only as the lesson ended. Meanwhile, Takeru was confronting his digimon partner, demanding to know what was going on.

"What's going on between you and Sora?" Takeru asked, though he had a good idea what it was, this inquiry could lead to his learning more about the relationship, what caused it, and why it was being kept secret.

"Nothing." Angemon replied, blushing. What was Takeru thinking, and why did he seem so annoyed, Angemon wondered, and tried to think of how to escape this conversation without revealing what Sora wanted kept secret.

"Nothing is an odd thing to be blushing about." Takeru responded inquisitively.

Angemon had been backed into a corner(Metaphorically speaking). Even if he told the truth, Takeru would not believe that something so trivial was what was being kept from him. And if he lied, Takeru would not believe them, and keep inquiring. "I promised to keep it a secret." Angemon said, an a last-ditch effort to keep it from Takeru.

"Well, it's clear learning this from you is impossible." Takeru replied. "What's Sora up to, and why is she so sure about keeping this a secret?" The most experienced chosen thought, but if Angemon wouldn't say what it was, there would only be one other way.

In the interests of making a sudden scene change, the events on Infinity Mountain will now be focused on. The explosion had done a lot of damage, and annihilated Iori's shinai, along with nearly doing the same to Iori.

"Is that all?" Yamato asked, expecting more of a threat.

"Kisama." Iori replied, barely getting out each syllable.

"So, who will get themselves killed opposing me next?" Yamato asked, more annoyed by this challenge then anything.

"Devimon's attempts to conquer this world threaten me. That, combined with your constant attempts to destroy me as one of the chosen, make it so you must die!" King Etemon said, angrily.

"Don't kill him!" Tsunomon said defensively, and bounced over to protect his human. King Etemon, however, did not seem to mind killing Tsunomon with Yamato.

"Monkey Play!" A monkey-shaped bomb was thrown at the chosen of friendship. In an attempt to block the attack, four of the Musyamon serving Lady Devimon leapt downwards, swinging their swords to destroy the bomb. Two of them missed and ran through each other, and the other two did manage to hit, and broke their swords on the bomb.

"Nooooooooooooooo!" Tsunomon cried out in a cliched way, and leaped in front of the chosen that betrayed him only a day ago. As this happened, Yamato's solid blue eyes regained their pupils, and a transformation took place.

"Tsunomon, Warp Shinka! Were Garurumon!" Where once a small ball with a horn stood, a large bipedal wolf wearing spiked combat gear with very sharp claws now existed, designed for hand-to-hand combat.

"Garuru kick!" The Monkey Bomb was hit by a devastating roundhouse kick, causing it to reverse direction. As King Etemon looked on in horror, the Skull Greymon that had been strangely motionless for the rest of the battle began to battle.

"Dark Shot!" An orange missile shot from the skeleton's back, destroying the monkey bomb before it could reach Iori-tachi.

This turn of events certainly gave everyone a reaction, though which reaction it was varied. The Grey Lord smiled, relieved that Yamato was free from Lady Devimon. Skull Greymon ran around destroying things, but that is how he normally acts. A tear of joy ran down Were Garurumon's face. But to King Etemon and Iori, nothing had changed.

In the homeland of angel digimon that I am running out of euphemisms for, Mimi and Togemon were still concerned about the lion digimon. "What can we do?" Mimi asked rhetorically, holding back tears at the thought of how much the lion digimon had changed upon learning of this prophecy.

"Talk to him. I certainly can't persuade him, but you might be able to." Togemon replied, thinking of how even Tailmon hadn't been shaken this much.

"Okay." Mimi said happily, her normally genki attitude that had been stifled by Leomon's sadness returning and walked towards the room Leomon was staying in.

"Hello." Leomon said, noticing the entrance of the human.

"Leomon, you really shouldn't let this prophecy affect you so much." Mimi suggested, wishing the lion digimon would return to his formal self.

"How can I not do so? I would have a duty to protect my human above all others. Any other feelings I may have would have to be forgotten." Leomon answered sadly.

"Other feelings?" Mimi asked curiously.

Leomon blushed. Were it not for his normally noble and protective demeanor, even the Ogremon that had been his rival would know it. But with how he acted, and the need to save his world an excellent excuse, even his sacrificing his life to save Mimi had gone unnoticed. And even if his feelings were returned, his first duty would have to be to whatever chosen he ended up with. But there was no avoiding it, though it did seem foolish. "Suki Desu, Mimi." The brown-furred digimon said softly, and a smile crossed Mimi's face.

"Suki Desu, Leomon." The chosen of purity answered, and lovingly embraced the warrior.

While the love shared between Mimi and Leomon blossomed, some other relationships were not going as well. Takeru had gone to see Garudamon, not wanting to confront Sora about this directly, for it would certainly cause an embarrassing situation.

"Takeru? Sora's not here right now." Garudamon said informally.

"She wasn't the one I wanted to speak to." Takeru answered, wondering if Garudamon had any clue about this.

"Then why are you here?" The firebird asked, confused.

"It's about Sora. What's going on between her and Angemon?" Takeru asked, hoping Garudamon's answer would put his suspicions to rest.

"Nothing's going on between them." The perfection level digimon answered, wondering what Takeru was talking about. Takeru's eyes became black balls with a line at the bottom.

"So, what are they going to such great lengths to conceal from me, other then a secret relationship?" Takeru asked, suspiciously. Just then, at the worst possible moment, Sora returned from her training.

"Hello. What's going on?" Sora greeted them, curious as to why Takeru was talking to Garudamon, without Angemon nearby.

"Takeru seems to think you are in a relationship with Angemon, and was interrogating me about it." Garudamon explained. Takeru popped a vein, and Sora face-faulted.

"Nani?" Sora asked, confused. "I'm in love with Angemon?"

Upon hearing this, Takeru was relieved, but then remembered Angemon had responded in essentially the same way. "So, in that case, what are you two going from great lengths to conceal from me?" Takeru asked, his suspicious look returning.

"Oh, that. I was planning to keep it secret from you, but I'm being trained to fight by Knightmon." Sora explained, and Takeru was greatly relieved. "Nothing's changed between us, it's just that some force wants this romance to develop slower then the ones in Inu-Yasha." Sora answered, and Takeru was once more happy to be around Sora, no longer having to be suspicious of some secret relationship with Angemon.

"I hope we can both survive this war. After all that has happened, you are one of the few I still trust." Takeru replied, his love having grown stronger.

Love was not the only strong emotion being spread in the upper kingdom, however, as the battle between Hikari and Phantomon showed. Despite their severe wounds, they continued to battle on, Hikari to eliminate Phantomon from the digital world, and possibly in doing so ensure one of their major foes was no longer an enemy, and Phantomon because he needed to regain Lady Devimon's trust, otherwise all he had planned would be for nothing.

"Heavenly Javelin!"

"Soul Chopper!"

Though they were too wounded for their attacks to be anywhere near as devastating as normal, a spear of light collided with a scythe of darkness, and the attacks fizzled out harmlessly. It seemed the two would each die in this battle, and their strength of will was all keeping their bodies moving. Desperately, the already severely wounded Angewomon continued her quest to reach where the Phantomon had gone, but it seemed like she wouldn't get their until the battle was over. Still, out of a mix of duty to her chosen and feelings of love, she continued on, praying there would still be a Hikari to get to.

In the factorial fortress, the protectors of the digital world were still dealing with annoying regulations. "Check your database, it might have something listing us." Felis requested, beginning to think the biggest challenge in saving the digital world would not be in the battling aspect.

"You are certainly listed, but it's possible you are an imposter, and according to this you are away battling Fallen Devimon, so I can't allow you access." The Guardromon replied.

"You realize this prevents me from entering, if I were the real thing." Felis pointed out, annoyed.

"Yes, but I am not programmed to allow you access because of that possibility, we are at war." The Guardromon explained, his voice as mechanical as ever.

"But it also ruins the whole point of having a base of operations for our fighters." Felis pointed out, annoyed. Thankfully, this discussion was soon interrupted by Andromon's appearance.

"Felis, what brings you here?" Andromon asked.

"I must speak with the elder of Air Dragon village." Felis answered.

"Very well then, I'll take you to him." Andromon said.

"He hasn't been cleared for entry yet." Guardromon replied, and moved to block their path. Andromon pressed a button on the Guardromon's chest, and it shut down temporarily.

On the mountain to which Fallen Devimon, his three dragons, Neo, Skull Satamon, and Waru Seadramon were flying to, the situation grew even more confusing. Noticing the change in Yamato, Lady Devimon's servants were debating whether to kill him, or let him battle the other chosen. Neither Iori nor King Etemon had noticed what had happened,

and they continued to attack Yamato and Were Garurumon, calling Tsunomon a traitor.

"It's a trick, he's the same as always!" Iori called out, unwilling to believe the very person who had attacked him and Armadimon so recently had changed.

"No, he's free from Lady Devimon's spell." Were Garurumon said angrily. "If you insist on attacking him anyway, I will not hesitate to kill you."

"And if you defend him, I will not hesitate to kill you." King Etemon responded. "Monkey Play!" A silvery bomb in the shape of a monkey was thrown at Were Garurumon.

"Wolf Claw!" In a quick slash, the bomb was cut in two by Were Garurumon's claws, and the werewolf leapt forward to battle.

Of course, in the interests of annoying those who dislike quick scene-changes, the story will once more shift back to Hikari's battle with Phantomon. As the two fought on, their minds keeping their bodies from collapsing, Angewomon had continued to approach. Soon, she came within range of Hikari's light, and though her injuries were still great, the angel digimon was re-energized, and quickly arrived on the scene.

"Holy Arrow!" An arrow of pure light shot towards Phantomon, and though he could not afford to lose, his body was physically unable to survive, and the ghost turned into data and flew towards the village of beginnings. "Hikari, I'm so sorry." Angewomon said apologetically, a tear running down her face, and Hikari ran forward to embrace her. "I hope we can always be together." She said softly, and overcome by emotion, without giving thought to what she was saying, Angewomon added "Ai shiteru."

Hikari was quite surprised but what was said. She wasn't quite aware how deeply Angewomon's feelings for her extended, perhaps, or perhaps she was just unwilling to realize they did. Changing the subject, she suggested "Let's go back to the healing center, I'm as bad off as you are now."

"Of course." Angewomon said, putting an arm around Hikari as she helped the injured girl back to get her wounds healed.

Under the surface of file island, in factorial fortress, Felis was meeting with Maildramon, who was having second thoughts about the plan.

"I'm not sure if I can go through with it. It is my duty to protect them, how can I help in a plan that will kill so many of my people?" Maildramon asked, his silver armor shining brilliantly amongst the darkness of the indoor areas of factorial fortress.

"Because if you don't, the ones who had escaped will be slain by them as well. It's only a matter of time before someone betrays us, or is tortured, and the location of factorial fortress is revealed, and it can't stop his forces yet." Felis responded, while Yami Leomon had a sad and distant look in his eyes similar to that of Maildramon about what he would have to do.

"Besides, at least they can be reborn into freedom, instead of this enslavement they are forced to bear." Giromon added, continuing to be oddly thoughtful for one as insane as he is believed to be.

"Very well then. Airdramon, all of you, I'm sorry." Maildramon nodded sadly, knowing how heavy the price of this war would be.

Inside Mugen Dramon, Lady Devimon sensed that what little dark energy that was in the area had dissipated, and that could only mean one thing. "So, the fool got himself killed. No point in staying here, I'll return to the digital world to think things over." She thought, and then walked through the portal, the trail so difficult when going to the upper kingdom much easier on the return trip, and she found herself in the massive melee atop infinity mountain.

"Nani?" Lady Devimon muttered, quite surprised by the recent turn of events. Of course, a Mugen Dramon landing on Infinity Mountain surprised the others battling there just as much.

"Die, foul servant of Devimon! King Monkick!" King Etemon yelled, delivering a leaping kick to Mugen Dramon's hard exterior, and hobbling off with a broken foot.

"Yamato, what has happened in my absence?" Lady Devimon asked, hoping someone would clear things up, and unaware her spell had been broken.

Yamato hesitated. If he didn't give Lady Devimon information of that sort, she would know her spell had been broken, and being able to appear to be in her service could be quite beneficial, so it didn't suit him to say it. But on the other hand, if he did give the information, though Were Garurumon would probably realize it was a bluff, Iori, Skull Greymon, and Metal Etemon would be convinced he was still under Lady Devimon's control, and he didn't want to kill them either, they could be useful allies. Before he could make the decision, however, he was quickly attacked.

The attack came in the form of another group of four Musyamon, who had noticed the change in Yamato's attitude and realized he was no longer in the service of Lady Devimon.

"Garuru Kick!" One of the Musyamon leaped downward in an attack, and was quickly disarmed in both senses of the word, as a quick upward kick from Were Garurumon sent it's arm, sword in hand, flying off.

Before he could have much time to react, another Musyamon came in from the side, swinging his sword. "Wolf claw" Were Garurumon yelled, and stuck a claw through the neck of the sword-wielding digimon, impaling and swiftly killing it.

From front and back, two more Musyamon charged. Were Garurumon quickly grabbed Yamato, and then jumped up about three meters into the air, letting the Musyamon run through each other.

"What is the meaning of this?" Lady Devimon asked the lone survivor among the Musyamon.

"He has turned on us." The Musyamon replied, angrily.

Lady Devimon began to ponder this bit of information. His connection with his digimon was quite strong, and he had almost broken free of her spell before. It seemed that the truth was being told, even though that Musyamon was a bit power-hungry. "Yamato, as you are no longer on my side, I must request you evacuate this mountain." Noticing the looks on the faces of her troops, she added "I've had enough killing for one day." While she was saying this, the succubus digimon noticed the approach of a foreboding dark energy. "Unless of course, you wish to stay and help me fight off Fallen Devimon, along with whatever ally he's brought along this time."

In the homeland of angel digimon, far from the battle, the chosen(sans Yamato, Iori and the injured Hikari) were called together, after all receiving messages from Miyako. "You are probably wondering why I called all of you here." Miyako began, noticing all the cold glares going Ken's way due to his reverting to the digimon kaizer, as well as a few going to all of the chosen from when the group split up, each blaming the other for failure in a quite important battle. "I have received information regarding Lady Devimon. It appears she has left the upper kingdom."

"It could be a trap." Ken said, not seeing why else Lady Devimon would leave.

"No, it's not." Angemon replied, to everyone surprise, and the others all began looking at him curiously. "There was an interval of about a day between when Mugen Dramon was revived and the beginning of this attack. The upper kingdom is very hard to reach without an angel digimon, and to leave it only to come back in a trap is a very stupid maneuver, considering how quickly things are happening in this war. While the upper kingdom may be easy to exit from to almost any point on file island, it is quite difficult to enter." Angemon explained, and the other chosen were convinced.

"In that case, there's no reason to stay around here any longer." Koushirou commented. "There's also no reason for me to go into battle, after what happened to Kabuterimon, so I'm going to Factorial Fortress where my technological skills will find the most use." He added sadly, cradling Kabuterimon's digitama in his arms.

As all the others nodded in agreement, they were surprised to see a message pop up on their D-terminals. "Do not go to infinity mountain. The battle is a trap." The message read, and was signed by the Grey Lord.

"Like I'm going to fall for that?" Takeru said, angrily. "How much of a fool does the grey lord think I am? Staging a battle like that with Lady Devimon to gain our trust, only to use it to try to prevent us from using our one chance to stop Devimon!" He growled, ready to fight, while the others continued thinking of where they would go.

"I'm going with Takeru. I can't even think of what would happen to me if he got himself killed." Sora said sadly, and Angemon nodded in agreement.

"According to reports, Fallen Devimon's forces are in Beetle Land, and with their strongest gone, I think the rest of us should launch an attack there." Miyako said, pointing her finger out in a random direction she believed to be that of Beetle Land.

"I'm not going." Ken said surprisingly, causing Miyako, Mimi, Leomon, Aquillamon, Togemon, and Gomamon to look at him surprised. "You all saw the kaizer resurface within me. I thought I had it under control, but it seems I don't."

"Where will we be going then, Ken." Wormmon said, concerned.

"When Takeru was having a crisis, he found his answers in the Ancient Dino Region, and I think the same may be true of us." Ken answered, and prepared to leave.

"You're all that's left?" Miyako said, the reality of how few were here having hit her.

"Daisuke and Taichi were killed, Hikari's injured, Jou didn't go with us in the first place, and Yamato and Iori are in battle or something, so it was only seven at this meeting to begin with." Togemon answered helpfully.

"Not quite, I'm going too." Gomamon said, while the others were wondering what a digimon of his level was doing going into battle against such strong foes. "I know if Jou was here, he'd be giving me some lecture about responsibility, and as his digimon I have to follow his wishes." He explained, and then smiling, added "Besides, you need someone to make light of this situation and tell a joke when needed, the first two wars were dark enough and this saga looks to be the darkest yet."

"As for transport, Koushirou, it's an easy spell to get you to factorial fortress." Angemon said, and then aided by the dimension, cast a transportation spell sending him to the city of metal. "There's no portal to Ancient Dino Region, it's too dangerous, but I can get you to the nearby Amida forest." He added, and Ken and Wormmon were teleported. "Miyako, Mimi, Gomamon, Togemon, Leomon, and Aquillamon, I'm sorry, but I can only get you to the other side of dragon eye, beetle land has always been filled with our enemies." The angel digimon said apologetically, and they were sent to Native Forest, across dragon eye lake from Beetle Land.

"And now, Sora, Garudamon, Takeru, here's our fight." Angemon announced, and they arrived in the midst of the battle on Infinity Mountain, unaware that Fallen Devimon and Lady Devimon's forces would soon battle for it.

"We've decided to skip the beginning of the omake entirely, we've lost faith in the author." Chibi-Miyako announced. "And besides, Waru Seadramon's attacking, we have to run for it."

After some time running away, the various chibis find themselves in Factorial Fortress, and begin wondering what to do, noticing the lack of a sudden crossover or attack.

"Well, some omake do explain things about the series in them." Chibi-Sora pointed out.

"Yes, but this author foolishly explains everything away in the author's notes." Chibi-Miyako responded, shooting down the idea. Suddenly, she heard a disembodied voice asking if she wanted to be paired with the kaizer, and began begging for forgiveness(Combined with swearing vengeance against Kaiyako authors.)

"Well, we could do a clip show." Chibi-Sora helpfully suggested, and then was killed by fans for daring to suggest the idea.

"This waiting is getting really annoying." Chibi-Palmon pointed out, and then noticed a chibi smiling purple-haired trickster priest teleporting in.

"So, you're the one from another series who appears in this omake." Chibi-Miyako commented, and then began choking the Xellos chibi. "What were you thinking making us wait this long?"

"Sore wa himitsu desu." Chibi-Xellos answered, waving his index finger. Soon afterward, Chibi-Xellos was laying on the floor a few feet away(Courtesy of Chibi-Miyako's punch.)

"And I thought Phibrizzo was bad." Chibi-Yamato commented

"Well, he travels with Lina Inverse, after all" Chibi-Piyomon replied, in an attempt at an explanation.

"You chosen really are too violent." Chibi-Xellos said, in response to the attack. "So, how would you like to go help me kill the Wind Dragon King?"

"He's still alive?" All of the chosen except Chibi-Hikari said in unison.

"I will not assist you in any attempt to slay a dragon god." Chibi-Hikari answered, angry despite how OOC that was for her. Noticing her anger, Chibi-Xellos teleported away, and the omake ended.