Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Devimon's saga ❯ A love triangle above dragon eye lake ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dragon Eye Lake. A rather peaceful lake on File Island that served to separate Beetle Land from the Native Forest. Under normal circumstances, it was one of the most calm places in the digital world, famous for it's soft tranquility, and save for the occasional enraged lake guardian, had little if any battling. Of course, with this war going on, the island of Monitor located in Dragon Eye had been made Neo's base, Fallen Devimon would take beetle land over and from there, use the Kuwagamon to overrun the rest of dragon eye, and in an attempt to wipe out Fallen Devimon's troops, Aquilamon was currently flying over Dragon Eye Lake's western side, with Miyako, Mimi, Palmon, Leomon, and Gomamon as passengers.

"It seems so calm here, it's hard to believe that just across this lake Fallen Devimon has built his fortress." Mimi remarked, noticing the contrast between the serene feeling echoing from the Native Forest side of the lake and the pure evil on Monitor and Beetle Land.

"As calm as this side of Dragon Eye may be, Fallen Devimon's warped the other side into a land of ferocious waves and twisted darkness, be careful." Leomon said, and hearing a buzzing noise, put his hand to his sheath, and a red beetle digimon flew into view.

"What's a Kuwagamon doing here?" Mimi asked, confused.

"That's right, we're quite far from Beetle Land." Palmon said, equally bewildered by the insectoid digimon's appearance.

"It doesn't matter where it's from, let's take it out!" Miyako said, as battle-hungry as ever. As the Kuwagamon flew closer, Leomon drew his sword and prepared to battle, while Palmon began to evolve, but was told off by Aquilamon because carrying a Togemon and a Leomon would weigh down its wings a good deal.

"Don't worry, Aquilamon's more then strong enough to take down a Kuwagamon." Miyako reassured Palmon, but the plant digimon didn't seem very convinced.

"Scissor Arms!"

"Lion King Sword!"

Kuwagamon stretched its claws out to cut down Leomon, but Leomon skillfully blocked it with two thrusts of his blade. Kuwagamon then turned and began a powerful attack from behind, ramming the eagle digimon and causing its passengers to at best lose their footing (Such as occurred with Miyako, Gomamon and Leomon.), and at worse be thrown from the Aquilamon, as happened to Mimi and Palmon.

Though Palmon was able to grab onto the wing with a quick "Poison Ivy!" and begin climbing back up, it seemed Mimi would plunge into dragon eye. Palmon tried another "Poison Ivy!" but she had to reach across Aquilamon to get to Mimi, and her vines weren't long enough. Leomon reached out, but he was too far from the chosen of purity, and Gomamon lacked the strength, (Besides, his fins were too short.) so it would prove to be up to Miyako, and even if she managed to evolve herself with the digimental of purity again, it would still prove to be difficult. Then again, if she somehow managed to open the other digimental she possessed…

Miyako looked at her D-terminal, wondering how to open the digimental of love. It did seem impossible, she didn't know the incantation, opening a new digimental was not done easily, and though she remembered what happened at the grey lord's mansion, she still wasn't sure how the digimental of purity transformed a human instead of a digimon. Still, she had to save Mimi, she cared way too much about her predecessor, and she possessed something of a crush on the older chosen. And though she did not think Mimi would prove to return these feelings, it was still the feelings of love, brought to the forefront of her mind by the sudden danger that caused another bizarre evolution.

"Digimental Up!" Miyako said, and proved to need no more to bring about this transformation. The white armor expanded to cover most of her body, and bladed silver wings sprouted from her back. In addition, what of her skin wasn't covered by her armor had found itself covered in red feathers, and her fingers turned into birdlike claws. Quickly, she flew off her eagle digimon and towards the falling chosen of purity.

As Mimi looked towards the water that could prove to be her grave, she did not notice the birdlike transformation of Miyako, and just inches from her plunging headfirst into Dragon Eye Lake, she found she had stopped, and she seemed to have been grabbed by the legs with some sort of claws. Instinctively, she shrieked in pain, and Miyako adjusted her talons. After gaining some altitude, she set off the child of purity onto Aquilamon and transformed back, leaving the others baffled by her transformation.

"Hey, wait a minute here. Humans can't armor evolve, right?" Gomamon asked, confusion clear in his voice.

"I don't understand it any more then you do." Miyako admitted. "But this isn't the first time it's happened." She added, thinking back to the battle at The Grey Lord's mansion, and how her wish to be able to fight alongside the digimon to save the digital world had activated the digimental of purity. "Before, when we were fighting at Grey Lord's mansion, the armor of purity activated." She mentioned, and then remarked about how this would be so much easier to figure out if Koushirou were here.

"I couldn't help but notice which digimental you activated there." Mimi remarked, causing the purple-haired girl to blush.

"Well, I, I…" Miyako responded, her face turning a deep shade of crimson, while she silently chided herself for having her attraction appear so obvious.

"Thank you." Mimi added, blushing somewhat at what had happened as well, but almost certain the romance would not develop, what with Leomon and all. An awkward silence came over the two chosen, as Aquilamon flew deeper into the heart of Dragon Eye Lake, only to find that as they flew near Monitor, a swarm of Kuwagamon was approaching.

"We can't take all of them." Aquilamon pointed out, as the giant eagle turned sharply in an attempt to get away.

"Wanna bet." The chosen of purity responded with a smile on her face, holding up her digivice while her plant digimon nodded. Miyako, Leomon, and Gomamon looked on, wondering if the stress of this war had finally made them snap.

"Palmon Shinka, Togemon!"

"Togemon Shinka, Lilymon!"

The small flowering plant digimon turned first into a cactus with boxing gloves, but that soon broke apart, and a small plantlike fairy with leaves for wings, a flower in her leafy hands, wide stalks for boots, and yet another pink flower much larger then the first covering the location one would expect hair to be emerged from the cactus digimon.

"Now, let's eradicate those bugs." The flower-fairy digimon said, flying over the Kuwagamon horde. "Flower Cannon!" A pink ball of energy was shot from Lilymon's flowering hands. A few disintegrated, but the horde was large, and soon some of the red beetle digimon were ramming Aquilamon, while Miyako was watching, clearly confused by this attack.

"These Kuwagamon are clearly native to the digital world, lacking the dark appearance of Fallen Devimon and his forces. Arachnemon was killed years ago, so they can't be dark towers. So why the heck are they attacking us!" Miyako asked, visibly annoyed. (And very glad she had opened the digimental of love when she did, she wasn't sure how much longer she'd be able to stay on Aquilamon.) Before Leomon could answer, and while Miyako was barely hanging onto Aquilamon's wingtips, she saw a pink ball of energy hurtling towards the attacking Kuwagamon, and as it killed the stag beetle digimon that had just come within inches of Aquilamon's neck, Miyako could only look on in sheer horror.

"Why don't you attack?" Leomon asked Miyako, firing a beast king fist into the swarm.

"How can I stop them without killing them in the process?" Miyako asked to no one in particular, as Leomon and Lilymon clearly were slaying various Kuwagamon in this battle.

"There's no choice right now but to kill them." Leomon responded, frustrated with the girl's naivety.

"I can't just kill them, they're living creatures, and it's not like they're some viral nightmare soldiers either. They probably just have a black gear or are being misled. Digimon don't just go around attacking without some reason." Miyako protested, but to no avail.

"I don't like it either, but they're still fighting to kill and unless they're stopped, they'll kill a lot of innocent digimon." Mimi responded, understanding what the second bearer of purity was going through.

"Still, there has to be some way to stop them without slaughtering the entire swarm." Miyako replied, hoping that what she said would prove true.

"If there was we'd be using it instead. I don't like this either, but to protect the digital world, we have no other choice." Mimi answered, a bit of sorrow in her voice as she watched Lilymon "Flower Cannon!" a few more Kuwagamon.

"Well, if you're so sure…" Miyako answered, trusting enough of Mimi to bow to her wisdom on this issue. But as she flew towards one of the Kuwagamon in an attack and prepared to plunge her bladed wing into it's exoskeleton, she subconsciously veered to the right and missed it entirely, unable to her amass her first kill and feeling terrible about it. After all, she didn't want the chosen of purity (And the current object of her affections) to think her to be someone who couldn't bring herself to fight even when it was most needed.

The battle continued, and through the strength of Lilymon and Leomon, it seemed won before long. But in a last-ditch effort, a Kuwagamon managed to ram Aquilamon while Leomon and Lilymon were focused on other targets. Gomamon fell into the water, but being a seal digimon it did little to him, other then provoking an amazed comment on the multitudes of fish in Dragon Eye. Leomon was not so fortunate, as he nearly fell himself, but Aquilamon managed to break out of his fall quickly enough to position himself better for the purposes of Leomon not falling, and the lion digimon climbed back up the eagle. Hungry for revenge against the one who attacked her digimon, Miyako flew at the red beetle, but before she could reach it, Lilymon struck.

"Temptation!" A thorned vine shot out of Lilymon's flowery hand and ensnared the Kuwagamon, draining its life away and healing the few wounds in this battle that the flower fairy had received.

"Why didn't you just let me kill it?" Miyako questioned of Mimi and Lilymon.

"You're still innocent." Mimi said, leading to a look of visible confusion on Miyako's face. "You've never taken a life, and that's something not many of us can say. I may bear the crest of purity, but I've still killed, even if it was through Lilymon. Sometimes you have to kill, but until that happens, I don't want any blood on your hands." The chosen of purity explained, and Miyako nodded in understanding. Looking back, she had mainly fought dark towers and black ringed digimon, and when she did come up against the Demon corps, well, it was obvious Tailmon was in control of Sylphimon's body. As Miyako pondered, Aquilamon flew onward, unknowing of the conquest of monitor.

On monitor, Ice Devimon had completed his conquest. Whether digimon that served Neo were still alive or not could not easily be said, but if they had survived, they clearly had gone into hiding and posed no threat. Nor did the fate of beetle land concern him. Even if someone could launch an invading force to that location without going through monitor (Which was far from likely, with the high mountains to the north and miles of ocean to the south and west.) they wouldn't be able to take down the quite powerful fortress (And the thought that Ogremon was a spy who might attempt sabotage never came into his mind.). However, there were two things that he was worried about. Some Kuwagamon who had ventured a bit far from Monitor had found themselves suddenly struck by lightning, which according to rumor came from the legendary lake guardian. And judging by the absolute slaughter of his invading Kuwagamon force, the chosen were approaching, and approaching quickly. Notably absent from his list of concerns was the fear that while he was deep in thought, a dark flower fairy hiding in the foliage would make an attempt on his life.

Noticing how deep in thought Ice Devimon was, Black Lilymon saw the opportunity to strike. Crouching under numerous shrubs, she saw her chance at an important assassination, and would not let this chance pass her by. "Dark Temptation!" A black vine shot out of Black Lilymon's breast, piercing the black leaf covering it and exposing the skin beneath, but before it could impale Ice Devimon…

"Frost Claw!" An icy claw touched the vine, turning Black Lilymon into a remarkably Lilymon-esque statue in an icy shade of blue, which somehow managed to balance (Instead of the typical fall-and-shatter scenario) despite the vine extending from it's breast. Content that the assassin had been vanquished, the cold demon began preparing for the impending attack. "The chosen have no knowledge of our presence on Monitor, and I would like it to stay that way. Hide, and when they're over this island, we shall fly up and surround them, and they won't stand a chance." Ice Devimon ordered, an evil snicker coming over him as he thought of his scheme and gained the mental image of a few chosen on an Aquilamon landing on monitor and then being slain by enough Kuwagamon to turn the sky itself red.

The chosen did fly over monitor soon after, and didn't see any evidence of the threat, at least not at first. But the hiding Deramon knew that the Kuwagamon would not reveal their presence until they had Aquilamon's group surrounded, and took advantage of that knowledge, determined to at least save the lives of some of the chosen, as it seemed he would soon be found and murdered anyway. "Don't come any closer! There's a huge swarm of Kuwagamon ready to ambush you!" The blue bird digimon yelled, leaping out of the bushes. (Which subsequently had their apparent size cut approximately in half, due to the removal of the large plant on Deramon's back caused by Deramon's leaping out.)

"And why should we trust you?" Miyako asked suspiciously. "You're the same Deramon that attacked us at Grey Lord's mansion, aren't you."

Deramon knew he had nothing to say to convince Miyako of his true intentions, and the protectors of the digital world were not to reveal the existence of their organization yet anyway, so he merely responded "In case you haven't noticed, Lady Devimon isn't exactly on good terms these days with Fallen Devimon." in an incredible understatement.

"Can we trust him?" Mimi whispered to the rest of the group, unsure of whether to believe the Deramon.

"I'd rather face a swarm of Kuwagamon here then a swarm of Kuwagamon led by Fallen Devimon later." Gomamon pointed out.

"But with so many Kuwagamon, this battle could be the end." Mimi remarked, concern in her voice.

"Beast King fist!" As Miyako, Mimi, Lilymon, and Gomamon looked on in confusion, energy in the shape of a lion's head had shot from Leomon's fist, knocking over a tree down on monitor, and an insectoid cry of pain was heard. "It's an ambush, that's certain."

"They're just Kuwagamon, we can take them, no matter how many there are. Let's go save Monitor!" Miyako said, pointing her index finger outward as her eagle digimon flapped towards the island.

"Remind us never to let her lead again." Gomamon remarked, while Aquilamon flew above Monitor Island, and red beetle digimon (Along with a few Airdramon, and the Bakemon that are omnipresent around demon lord digimon) were preparing to attack from all sides. The bird digimon descended to ground level, and the various digimon and chosen being transported stepped onto monitor, prepared to fight against insurmountable odds.

Though they knew it was coming, it came too quickly for anyone to react, and the chosen and their digimon, along with Leomon and Deramon, found themselves quickly cut off from each other by a mass of virus-type (Or vaccine-type controlled by virus-type) digimon. It seemed that from inside every plant and behind every tree, there was some Kuwagamon, or Airdramon, not to mention the mass of Bakemon coming out of the ground.

"Help!" Mimi shrieked, ducking under a Kuwagamon's "Scissor Arms!" only to have her knees grabbed by a Bakemon. Terrified by the ghostly cold hands against her skin (And the reputation of Bakemon for lechery.) she continued to scream, though she feared the others could not reach her in time.

Leomon heard the chosen of purity's scream, and knew what had to be done, but with so many Airdramon having just come, trapping him in some sort of wind vortex, he could barely even shield himself from a few Kuwagamon flying overhead in an effort to decapitate him. Still, he had to protect Mimi, but this time he couldn't even leap overhead and take the attack for her, like what had happened six years ago against Metal Etemon.

"Don't do it!" The child of purity yelled, her hands outstretched towards the newly evolved lion digimon.

"I'll be all right, now run before it's too late!" Saber Leomon lied, leaping into battle, but Mimi had not been fooled. As the saber-toothed lion did battle with the armored monkey, the chosen of purity looked onward, unwilling to run and leave Leomon to his death. But her pacifism had not faded either…

"Mimi, please let me fight with them." Palmon responded, the plant digimon filled with sorrow that Ikkakumon and Leomon were losing, and her chosen was still unwilling to fight. "Well?" Palmon asked, looking upward as Mimi stayed silent.

The chosen of purity clutched her digivice to her chest and looked downward, still unwilling to kill. Saber Leomon continued to battle, but a metallic fist connected with the lion's side, and he was knocked to the metal floor of the ruined city. Ogremon began to threaten Metal Etemon, and Mimi rushed out, pleading for the virus-type not to get himself killed.

Seizing the opportunity, Metal Etemon lifted a finger, and a column of black lightning came down from the sky.


Saber Leomon had to protect the chosen of purity. It was his duty, after all, as Mimi was one of the chosen. But that was not all, there was something else, some emotion the lion digimon had never felt before, something of a desire to enjoy her companionship, to share emotions with her, to live his life in connection with that of this chosen child, and though he didn't quite understand it, this emotion compelled him to save her.

"Mimi, no!" Saber Leomon yelled, leaping into the lightning, and the devastating attack connected with all of its force against the body of the ancient digimon, but as Saber Leomon was struck by dark lightning that would take his life, the bearer of purity was left unharmed.

Leomon remembered the rest, from Mimi's crying into his yellow fur to Zudomon's throwing Mjolnir and Saber Leomon following it up with a claw through the chest only vaguely, but he was still determined. Determined to save Mimi once more, even if he lost his own life in the process, for that emotion he still did not understand had not yet faded. And as he cut through the various Kuwagamon, running towards the chosen of purity while ignoring the numerous wounds that their pincers had brought him, blood spewing out of his chest and legs, it happened…

"Leomon shinka, Panjyamon!" Unlike in most evolutions, where the digimon's form changes drastically, Panjyamon is a mere recolor, so no change in body shape could be detected. The color change was drastic however, with most of the fur turning into a bluish white color, and the yellow mane becoming an extremely light blue, while elemental powers of ice flowed through the lion digimon. "Ice Beast Fist!" A blue lion's head made from cold energy shot from Panjyamon's fist, freezing the Kuwagamon blocking his path.

"Ice Beast Sword!" Charging quickly, the ice lion digimon sliced through the Bakemon that had grabbed Mimi's legs, and it quickly disintegrated. "Were you hurt?"

"I'm fine." Mimi said, blushing slightly as a smile came across her face. "Thanks."

Though Leomon (Well, Panjyamon now.) had found Mimi, and Lilymon, Aquilamon, and Miyako were capable of fighting alone, Gomamon was in what could be described as "Mortal peril." as digimon often are when being chased by a swarm of Kuwagamon.

"Hmm, Kuwagamon can't swim, so if I make it to the lake I'll be fine." Gomamon thought. But as the buzzing sound of the swarm's wings came closer and closer, more and more swooped down to attack, and Gomamon's dodges became narrower and narrower, even the eternally optimistic seal digimon began to worry, and when one of them managed to go in front of him and flew down to block his path, even he felt some sense of fear.

"Okay, this is not good." Gomamon quipped, noticing the angry stag beetle ten times his size in front of him, and racked his mind for a plan, and as often happens in moments of danger, one came to him.

"It's just a bug. Marching Fishes!" Gomamon said, as fish came flying from the lake (How they stayed aloft long enough instead of following after a few feet no one knows) and bounced harmlessly off the red exoskeleton of the Kuwagamon.

"Scissor arms!" A Kuwagamon swooped down behind and attempted to cut Gomamon in two with it's long claws. The seal digimon leaped, a smirk on his face, and the tips of the claws did connect, sending him flying into Dragon Eye Lake.

"So, Kuwagamon are really as dumb as they look." Gomamon joked, surfacing for air, as the swarm of beetle digimon turned away, knowing their lack of buoyancy would cause their death if they tried to attack.

As Miyako, Deramon and Aquilamon fought off different sections of the massive swarm, (Or tried to at least, though whether they were fighting it off or flying away could not easily be said.), Lilymon managed to reach Mimi, and Gomamon looked for help around Monitor Island, the leader of this attack flew in towards Mimi and Leomon, and Panjyamon unsheathed his blue sword in preparation.

"Don't do it, Leomon!" Mimi pleaded, echoing the same words from six years ago.

"I'll be all right, now run while there's still time!" Panjyamon replied, just as he had done so against Metal Etemon.

"It's the same." Mimi remarked quietly, a teardrop rolling down her hair. "Those same words he said back when we fought Metal Etemon. And it will end the same way too, he'll just die again to protect me!" She added, thinking back to when the column of black lightning struck the lion digimon that had taken the attack for her. "No, this time it will be different. This time, he won't die to take an attack aimed at me!" She yelled, and motioned for Lilymon to fly her away from the Kuwagamon swarm, and the flower fairy digimon flew off into the air with the chosen of purity, as Panjyamon prepared to kill Ice Devimon.

"Frostbound!" Panjyamon shouted, and a box of ice formed around him and the cold demon digimon.

"Kisama." Ice Devimon muttered under his breath, and after a brief test with his claw, found the ice would not easily break "What did you just do?"

"We're surrounded in ice now, and the ice we create as ice digimon makes it too strong to break. The only way for either of us to get out is for the other to die."

Ice Devimon nodded, and wondered why this lion digimon went so eagerly to his death.

By the shores of Monitor in Dragon Eye Lake, Gomamon was swimming underwater in search of help, when he bumped into the white underbelly of a large sea serpent, which promptly turned it's metallic head and growled at him. "Sorry, I didn't see you there, sheesh." Gomamon commented, and then muttered about how he couldn't believe the attitudes of digimon today.

The mega seadramon ignored his remarks, and simply asked in a quiet, serious tone "You've been on Monitor, right? Have you seen what's happened?"

"Yes. I'm here in the first place because I was running from them. But while my friends are making quite an effort, while there aren't nearly as many as there were and Ice Devimon's being blocked for now, we still can't win. Can you help us?"

"The Kuwagamon's number has been diminished, and at least for now, Ice Devimon is sealed. It will take some effort, but I think I can wash away these Kuwagamon." Mega Seadramon said, but in a solemn tone one would not expect from such a proclamation.

Gomamon first acted confused, wondering why the sea serpent said it like he did, but then his look turned to one of shock. "But they've done so much for this world, isn't there some way you can save them?" He pleaded, hoping against hope that something could be done.

"Not all will be killed, some merely swept away." Mega Seadramon began, but a thought soon sprung up in his head. "If they were warned beforehand, perhaps…"

As the chosen of purity was tearfully flown away by Lilymon, and as Gomamon conspired with Metal Seadramon, Miyako and Aquilamon had found one another and Deramon, but various bakemon had linked hands and formed sort of a sphere around them, and considering that many of these bakemon were merging into their far stronger blue-clawed forms, the situation could accurately be described as "mortal peril."

"Hell's Hand!" A blue claw reached out and pierced Deramon's blue head, and the bird/plant digimon disintegrated in full view of Miyako and Aquilamon. Though the purple-haired chosen was temporarily stunned by the brutality, she fought back her instinct to stand back in horror, and flew right into the Bakemon who had just killed Deramon, hoping that it's attack had tired it or something of the sort.

However, it did not. And while bakemon may appear to be made of a rather weak material, they are not, and the armored chosen bounced off the ghost digimon and onto the grass below, where she, facedown in the grass, heard "Evil Charm!" glimpsed out of the corner of her eye a purple symbol of death approaching. Turning her head, she saw the deadly attack coming closer and closer, until she heard a feminine voice say, "Do it." another voice say "Flower Cannon!" and a pink light penetrating the Bakemon sphere and killing the one that had slain Deramon and was attacking Miyako.

On another part of Monitor, inside a cube of ice, Panjyamon was doing battle with Ice Devimon.

"Zero Freeze!" Ice Devimon shot numerous icicles out of his chest, which were narrowly evaded by Panjyamon.

"Cold attack!" Panjyamon, still sliding out of the way of the icicles, shot a cold wind back at the ice demon.

"Frost Claw!" Ice Devimon's hand, covered in ice, broke through the wintry wind and towards the blue-white lion's shoulder.

"Ice Beast Sword!" Panjyamon pulled out a shining blue sword to block the frozen claw. Then, his eyes narrowed, as he prepared to end the battle. "Ice Beast Fist!"

Ice Devimon was killed by the cold energy in the shape of a lion's head, and the ice that had surrounded them melted. As Panjyamon looked up however, while the sky was still blue, he could not see a single cloud, and it looked suspiciously like the water beneath. His suspicions were quickly confirmed when Gomamon's voice, somehow amplified by the water dome, was heard yelling "Find the most stable thing you can, and brace yourself for impact!"

Panjyamon, Miyako, Mimi, Aquilamon, and Lilymon did just that. The various Bakemon believed it a trick and did not, and regardless of what they thought about the idea, the Kuwagamon and Airdramon lacked the necessary limbs, so the dome of water collapsed, Monitor was briefly submerged, and fast currents carried the various digimon away. Upon the now-deserted island, Mimi caught sight of Panjyamon, and relieved that the lion digimon had survived, ran up to him, while the others backed away to give them their space.

"Leomon, you survived!" Mimi said, a huge smile appearing across her face. "When I saw you prepare for battle, with those same words you used last time…" Panjyamon stood silently, nodding his mane-surrounded head in agreement. "Thank you for living." The chosen of purity added, falling into Panjyamon's soft fur, as the lion digimon began to stroke her lengthy hair with his white paw.

Miyako, blessed with birdlike sight from her armor evolution, saw the romantic scene unfold, and backed away from the others, then took off, not wanting to throw a proverbial wretch into their relationship. Flying on the silver wings of Love, the chosen left monitor, her destination unknown to all. Aquilamon caught sight of this, and spread his wings as well to join her, unwilling to leave his partner human alone.

"Aquilamon, if you're going with me, who will transport them back?" Miyako asked, a sorrow caused by her unrequited love evident in her voice.

"The lake guardian is with them, my wings aren't needed." Aquilamon responded, and the bearer of purity and love flew off with her eagle digimon, and though one of them was still tinged with sorrow, but still they were wondering what they would next encounter in the digital world.

Once again, darkness covers the digital world. A member of Devimon's evolutionary line is the source of this evil, and many digimon try to stop it. The chosen are summoned, but their digimon can't seem to reach the forms they need to win. And in the midst of all this, a bunch of chibi counterparts of the characters in this tale engage in much general weirdness.

"So, what's the point of having a beginning in the first place if it only lasts two chapters?" Chibi-Gomamon asked, causing him to be smote by the author.

"Well, as this is the end, it seems right that we should have this final omake be a crossover like so many of the earlier ones were." Chibi-Miyako began. "Unfortunately, the Inu-Yasha chibis were otherwise occupied, and the Lodoss War ones were busy with the next volume of Welcome to Lodoss Island, so instead we'll just give a complete analysis of birdboy2000's various plotholes." She explained, and then suddenly dropped dead.

"On second thought, perhaps it would be better to just lament about this fic." Chibi-Takeru added, and the other chosen nodded in agreement, then waited for some time, but they could find nothing to lament about.

"Screw it, I'll just get Etemon." The evil author said, and an angry Chibi-Etemon appeared in front of the chosen.

"Etemon's on our side now, remember?" Chibi-Hikari asked, and then collapsed again from the massive injuries sustained by her normal counterpart in the earlier battle.

"Just because I'm the writer doesn't mean I actually remember what I wrote, otherwise Deramon wouldn't have disappeared for so many chapters." Birdboy2000 explained, while the various chibis remarked about how they ended up in the fic of an author who can't even remember his own stories.

"Well, Fallen Devimon's Saga was created for two reasons, and it failed. It was supposed to help rejuvenate the adventure fandom, and although that was a hopelessly ambitious goal that so many of the greater writers in the fandom failed to accomplish, it still failed on that. It was also supposed to be an excellent fic that was not Taiora, Mimato, or Takari, but instead Sokeru, but it wasn't excellent and split into so many plot lines no characters, including Sora and Takeru, appear more then once every two chapters, and when they did appear it still left something to be desired for romance. As Excel Saga would say, Today's experiment… FAILED!" A random disembodied voice said, ending the omake.

Author's Notes: Well, though I did fail in my purpose of writing this, it was interesting, and I'd like to thank all of you who read this and in doing so gave my work meaning. (And as your reward, I won't beg for reviews in the author's notes this time around, no matter how much of a tradition it has begun) I have thought much over this, and made the semi-painful decision that, with all the various plotlines that will not merge anytime soon, and with a need to focus on certain characters and not make people wait many chapters for the character they want to read about to appear and inconvenience people by making them keep track of many stories at a time, Fallen Devimon's saga must be split into three or perhaps four smaller fics, each focusing on a certain thread of the plotline. It's been about three years now working on Fallen Devimon's Saga in some way, and I've improved greatly in that time, and I can only hope my next fic will be written anywhere near the skill I've been attempting to gain. But I know my ability has not yet reached that level, so it may be some time before another of my stories (Save perhaps Waru Seadramon's tale) is published to the internet.