Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Devimon's saga ❯ Revival of the Demon Lord ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Authors notes:
Digimon adventure is property of TOEI animation studios and

Akiyoshi Hongo, and is used without permission. I'm not sure who owns the manga V-tamer, but it's not me either. This is not to be construed as a waiving of my ownership in the unlikely chance that through some bizarre technicality I actually do own one of these. If you are reading this fanfic to flame because I wrote a digimon fanfic, please shoot yourself. This fic will contain large amounts of Sokeru and Angewokari, with some Leomi as well, which includes heterosexual, homosexual, and interspecies romance. If any of these offend you, please open your mind and realize that love does not always discriminate based on such things. In spite of the wishes of my reviewers, I am re-writing chapter 1 and splitting it into a prologue and chapter for the purposes of getting more people to read this fic. The name Fallen Devimon(But not the digimon, just the name) was created by Yugure/His Masters Voice, and is used here with permission. Now enough talk, let the fanfic begin!

Clarification = For all dubbies, shinka is the term corresponding to digivolution in the states.

August 1st, 1999

"Heaven's Knuckle!" A powerful beam of light, fueled by Angemon's own life energy, ripped through Devimon, nearly destroying him. With the damage each of the digimon had taken in combat, Angemon reverted to a digitama, while Devimon also disappeared. Instead of turning into data and having the data fly down infinity mountain towards the village of beginnings, like what would happen with most digimon, as Devimon disappeared, he subsequently reappeared in Dagomon's whirlpool of darkness. Confident his imprisonment would be short, he died laughing at Angemon's foolery. If only he knew.

1999-2005

Of course, he didn't know. But how could he? How could Devimon know Vamdemon would be too occupied with his plans for Earth to learn of and finish off the chosen children. How could he know Whamon would fail to stop them when they crossed the sea? And how could he know that Vamdemon would turn against Demon, and a battle over the dark seeds would prevent them from being destroyed 3 years later. Over the years of bitter imprisonment, Devimon's resentment grew, but it was not growing towards his comrades. It was growing towards that annoying brat and his angel digimon, the ones who stopped his plot on infinity mountain, the ones who had caused him so much suffering. 666 was a significant number for more demon lords then just Vamdemon, and when the time of revival came, Takeru and Angemon would suffer.

September 18th, 2005

"Takeru, Angemon, I will have my revenge!" Devimon cried

out from inside his watery prison, knowing the day he had waited so long for had finally come. 6 years, 6 weeks, and 6 days of torture after his defeat at the hands of Angemon had passed. He was assumed to have died in the battle, but his body never turned into data, though the inexperienced chosen children at the time didn't realize what that meant. Although the few remaining digimon with black gears still would follow his orders, he could no longer take any more digimon under his control. He could no longer fight at all. And now, only 3 of his warriors remained, the others having been defeated over the wide span of time, or rewritten after the spiral mountain incident. But the time of revival had come. The number 666 had special significance for a demon digimon. Now, the digimon under his control could free him. "Vengeance will be mine! Takeru, Angemon, for what you have done to me, you will be introduced to a new world of pain!"(Not like Devimon didn't like torturing beings already, but over the years in the whirlpool of darkness, he only kept sane due to desire for revenge.)

Of course, flying over the net ocean, in search of this very Devimon's whirlpool, were the remaining forces of Fallen Devimon, made up merely of an Ookuwamon, a Metal Mamemon, and a Marine Devimon. "Metal smiley bomb!" The metal cyborg digimon known as Metal Mamemon shouted. From the cannon on one of his arms, a powerful blast of energy shot at the water. Water began coming out in all directions, leaving a sort of aerial path for Ookuwamon. "How can you tell that this is where devimon-sama is located, Marinedevimon?" Ookuwamon asked, wondering where the whereabouts of his master were. His strength would be needed to free the great Devimon, and then the prey that had escaped from him, the small digimon that ran away and not only injured him greatly, but when he recovered after years, they later killed the Pinnochimon he served loyally. However, unlike the aquatic Marinedevimon, or Metalmamemon being completely mechanical, eliminating the need for air, Ookuwamon was an insect who couldn't breathe water and would need a path cleared by the others to Devimon, once again proving himself weak and pathetic, like he had been ever since that day when a group of 7 child digimon injured him in battle, and survived falling off the cliff he sent them off as well.

"To be completely honest, I've never been to this part of the ocean before." Marine Devimon responded, causing a facefault on the part of Ookuwamon and Metalmamemon(Quite dangerous, when flying over water.) "But I can see only darkness here, while I can see clearly in the rest of the ocean. Devimon-sama was imprisoned in a dark whirlpool, which

due to incredible darkness remains unseen, and even causes digimon to feel the chill of evil. Besides, the currents are acting as they would near a whirlpool" Marinedevimon responded, explaining why he had taken them in that direction.

"We're going in. Devimon-sama, you will escape this." Ookuwamon announced, hoping that his master could be free once more, and that the chosen children would pay.

"Never!" A yell came from behind. It seemed human, and yet catlike in a way. Had any of the digimon turned around to acknowledge the yell, they would have heard a black-furred mix between a human and a feline of some sort, but they didn't so this is irrelevant. "Show him Yami Leomon. "Dark Beast fist!" The Leomon recolor yelled. Yami Leomon was a perfect-level

digimon designed for stealth, with bladed wings to enhance his capabilities to air as well as land. Flame outlines

covered his arms and legs as the warrior attacked. His sword was a blade of almost pure fire, with a small device in the flame acting as the core and keeping the flames together. During his weaker days, he had been a Vi-Elecmon and later a Lynxmon, but now he was a powerful lion warrior of flame. A black lion head shot out of his lion like fist towards Metalmamemon. The effort proved futile, as once the attack collided with Metalmamemon's powerful armor, it quickly fizzled out.

"Tentacle claw" Marinedevimon yelled, lashing out at Felis's neck, hoping to slit the hybrid's throat with his long tentacle. Felis saw the attack, and quickly dived under the deadly claw at the tentacle's edge. He had a very risky maneuver planned. His swords were combined to make a glider,

allowing him to remain airborne. However, he could not attack in

this mode. His plan was to land on Marinedevimon's tentacle, and

sever it making the monster much weaker and preventing his

strongest attack(Or at least limit it to only 7 tentacles.). Marinedevimon saw Felis's attempted strike, and

pulled his tentacle back quickly, Felis nearly plunging into the sea before re-combining his blades.

"Yami Leomon, attempt the Shi-blade attack. We can't beat him otherwise." Yami Leomon's falcon-like wings moved close to each other, and then temporarily merged. He also extended his sword of fire in preparation. Felis turned his glider into two swords after gaining some altitude, and the two felines intersected in a downward flight. They began spinning at an incredibly rapid rate, fast enough to make the four blades seem like one extra-powerful attack. The blades of death launched towards Marinedevimon, fast enough that it could ride on the air replacing that blown by it. A hit! Blades of darkness, fire, metal, and very sharp fur all bounced against Marinedevimon's stomach. Though he was not knocked out of the battle, if he kept fighting he would be too injured to have enough power to revive Devimon-sama. To avoid that fate, he quickly dove into the ocean, and the 4 bladed attack turned at Ookuwamon. Though Felis wanted to kill all of Devimon's servants, he knew the easiest way to stop Devimon's revival would to make Ookuwamon drown, damaging the insectoid too much for him to come up for air, which was much easier then actually killing one of the perfects. Ookuwamon was prepared for this attack, however.

"Grand horn" Ookuwamon screamed, the metallic gray Kuwagumon recolor using his giant horns to deflect the attack, and creating a deep gash vertically down Felis' right leg, which blood spewed out of. The blow's momentum, combined with the attack's speed sent Felis and Yami Leomon flying into Native Forest, and with the attack blocked, the two warriors returned to their natural state, albeit deeply injured.

"I failed" Felis cried, tears rushing down as he knew what his failure had caused. "I failed to stop any of the black gear digimon. I couldn't prevent Devimon from being revived. He will begin a reign of terror on the digital world which the dark masters themselves could only dream of, and it's all my fault. If I had any strength, any strength at all, this disaster wouldn't have happened." "And with this wound", He added, pointing to the deep gash in his leg where the attack from Ookuwamon hit, "I can't get back to the battle. But I have to try, I have to do everything in my power to stop Devimon."

"Don't do it!" Yami Leomon roared. "I don't want to have to knock you out before we get to the Centarumon Clinic at File City." He continued, holding up his sword to show the lengths to which he would go. However, Felis gave in, and with the touch of a button on a small controller held by the lion digimon, Yami Leomon and Felis were sucked underground and through a complex sub terrain transport to Factorial Fortress, where they were brought by a group of Hagurumon to Centarumon's hospital

Meanwhile, back at the Dark Whirlpool off File Island, Devimon chastised his troops for their battle. "Ookuwamon, your goal is to revive me, you baka, not attack the child. Once you free me from Angemon's wretched trap, I have all the time in the digiworld to kill the chosen! But, if this day passes and I am not revived, then I will stay here for eternity, never to get my revenge on Takeru and Angemon." Devimon's voice sounding loud, evil and burning with hatred. It was not long before this evil triumvirate of digimon arrived at the whirlpool, and prepared for the ritual.

With great haste, the process of resurrection began. Ookuwamon had joined up with the Lord of Darkness to become strong enough to kill the chosen children. He hated when they escaped from their first encounter. Now, he would not easily be escaped from. Marine Devimon and Metal Mamemon merely desired the strength to cause others pain and misery, especially the holy digimon that prevented them from doing such deeds. Three digicores floated up from their bodies. Three digicores, one the green of the nature spirits, one the blue of the deep savers, and one the silver of the metal empire, each transparent and tainted by darkness. Massive amounts of digital energy were released, causing an island to briefly appear in the spot from the sheer power of the digicores. The whirlpool was destroyed in a flash of light, and water sped out from all directions! But Devimon's servants did not survive on their own, so much of their life force had been given up. What energy remained was absorbed into Devimon, giving him power far beyond what he had in his first attack on File Island.

"Devimon, Waru Shinka, Fallen Devimon!"

The demon digimon grew vastly in size, while the body became covered in a metallic armor. The horns grew larger, developing pincer-like claws on each end. The left arm split near the end into four tentacles, each ending in a standard devimon claw. The right arm was much shorter, and rotated. It could be either a cannon of dark energy, or a long three-tined metallic black claw designed to impale, like that of a Metal Mamemon. He fired a blast from the cannon, wiping out a small part of the Mangrove Region and slaughtering a few innocent Modoki Betamon. The evolution sequence was complete. He was elated, with the thrill that comes with destruction. Now, he could make Takeru and Angemon suffer! Now, he was at the perfect level! Now, he was the strongest evil in the digital world! Now, with the Holy Beasts trying to fully seal Dagomon and Demon he could force the chosen children to come! Now, he could revive the rest of the Thirteen lords of darkness! Now, he was Fallen Devimon! He flew over to reclaim Infinity Mountain, his former lair, even with this new power, a base of operations may still be needed..

Flying over the native forest, he would quickly arrive back at his home. As he flew, three dragon digimon began flying beside him, in a V formation. One a Gigadramon, with a metallic blue appearance. His wings shaped somewhat like the letter E, and appearing to be made of pure silver. He had experience with darkness, having blown up Mugen Dramon's city with Megadramon to get at the chosen children. The Megadramon was there as well, an orange dragon next to Gigadramon. Like the Gigadramon, he had evil symbols on him and triangular missile launchers on his back. However, his wings were more elongated. In front, the leader, a Devidramon. A black dragon, of the nightmare soldiers. Unlike the eastern dragons behind him, he was western in design, and looked very strong. His eyes had the power of hypnosis. Unlike the normal member of his species, he was at the perfect level. Simultaneously they all asked the same thing of Fallen Devimon. "Can we join your army?" They all requested, having been fanboys of the thirteen lords of darkness for a while.

"Yes, Darkness Gear!" Devimon yelled evilly, tossing black gears into each of these dragons. They would be his new warriors. Dragons to pull his chariot, and ease his fighting workload. But he did not merely want to rule, like he did six years ago. Now, he also wanted revenge on the chosen. And to get it, the chosen children would first have to return to the digital world.

While all these years passed, Black Tailmon remained in the dark ocean. She was a coward. She continued to brood over how she failed to even attack the chosen, while every other lord of darkness had done something. When she panicked and fled the digital world after her eldest sister died, and didn't even go after Jou, Mimi, or Yamato. If she had, the chosen children probably wouldn't have reunited, Piemon wouldn't have lost, and the thirteen lords of darkness would have managed to plunge the digital world into despair and fill it with darkness(Or continue the reign they had already started.). She thought about the other twelve, while their faces appeared in her mind. Devimon, the ruler of file city. Vamdemon, the traitor who would not die. Metal Seadramon, ruler of the oceans. Mugen Dramon, the mechanical annihilator. Her sisters, the two lady devimon, both second in command to demon lord digimon. Piemon, leader of the 1999 attack on the digital world. Milleniumon, planter of dark seeds and sworn enemy of Ryo. Dagomon, god of the dark ocean. Marine Devimon, aquatic member of the Demon corps. Skull Satamon, a perfect who caused an ultimate to transform. Demon, lord of darkness, leader of the 2002 attack on the chosen. Another face was very clear in her mind too, or at least, what could be seen of the face. That face belonging to Angewomon, the one who slaughtered her family, or at least her two sisters that raised her. But she had done nothing about it yet. She could sense a great evil in the digital world, and it's aura felt somewhat familiar. A portal began to open, having been caused by the very presence of Fallen Devimon. She leaped through, excited at the thought of revenge. Instantly, she returned to her perfect form. "Black Tailmon, Waru Shinka, Lady Devimon." She yelled, now a female devil at the perfect level, armed not only with dark power, but also with a chain, and excellent powers of seduction. She flew in the direction of the evil force.

It was on Infinity Mountain where it happened. Lady Devimon flew in, quickly spotted by Fallen Devimon. Fallen Devimon loaded his cannon, still able to recognize the coward who might of caused his downfall, and was ready to get his first kill after so many years.

"Energetic bomb!" Fallen Devimon yelled, shooting a blast of dark energy at the demon traitor. Lady Devimon took a sharp right, fearing for her life. The blast missed by millimeters.

"I know you want to kill me, but first listen." Lady Devimon pleaded, though she did not like Fallen Devimon at all. She was one of the most cowardly beings in 3 worlds, and she did not want to serve Fallen Devimon, of all the members of the thirteen lords of darkness, his reputation was one of the worst. But now, she would put her former cowardice behind her, and if she could last long enough, Lady Devimon would be able manipulate him, and use him to kill Angewomon. "There are so few of us left, but we can't stop our goal of plunging the digital world into darkness. Since you managed to take File with such ease last time, I pledge my loyalty to you. You will need my help to take this world, especially if Angemon returns" Lady Devimon added, shuddering at Angemon's name to keep up the act, and hoping Fallen Devimon would not see the motive behind her false plea.

"Very well then" Fallen Devimon responded, knowing Lady Devimon was right. "Maybe you can redeem yourself. But one more act of cowardice like last time and you will be shot on sight."

As the days passed, Devimon began to rebuild his empire. After about a week or so(It being hard to tell with such a dark force screwing up the space-time continuum)Infinity Mountain was once more his lair. He regained Ogremon's service, along with many weak champion digimon. The time had come. He would now draw out the chosen children, and Angemon (And his human) would suffer a horrible fate.

"It's time." Lady Devimon said ominously, anticipating the approaching battle. "Let's attack Miharashi. The slaughter will draw out the chosen children. But spare Meramon, someone has to tell Leomon's forces what happened, so the chosen children can know what happened."

"I agree" Fallen Devimon said, not aware Lady Devimon was beginning her plans. She would first gain the trust of the dark lord, and then take control. Lady Devimon planned for Fallen Devimon to be ruler in name only, and gaining trust as the second-in-command would only help her. She would revive Mugen Dramon, and use him as a way to make Angewomon know the same pain she had felt. When the plan succeeded, Fallen Devimon would become merely another minion, and Angewomon's suffering would eclipse Lady Devimon's tenfold.

The two devils flew over to Miharashi, Lady Devimon on Gigadramon, Fallen Devimon on Devidramon, with Megadramon not having a rider. They didn't need these digimon for the fight, they were more then powerful enough to handle it, and had about the same flight speed as well. If the attack was a raid, they wouldn't bring the dragons, unless they feared a powerful enemy. But they were here to intimidate. They wanted to scare the digimon there, or at least the ones that would survive. They wanted the chosen to know of the threat, that was the attack's purpose after all. Fallen Devimon had gained enough strength. Now, he would lure the chosen to the digital world.

Out of the sky it came. Looking down the mountain, Meramon noticed the shadows of three dragons approaching. But he couldn't do anything about it, though he was Miharashi's guardian, he lacked the power to stop it. He heard the scream. He saw the attacks coming from atop the dragons, and slaughtering the Demi Meramon that lived there. But the fire digimon was powerless

"Hell's beam of destruction!" Fallen Devimon screamed, rocking the very mountain with his blast of darkness. From his wings, a beam of death flew. The baby Mokumon and Demimeramon on the mountain never stood a chance. Sure, they could grow into demon lords, it was one of the available paths, though not a very likely one for ones living where they did. But that was not the reason for this attack. Hundreds were slaughtered by the perfect digimon's attack. He enjoyed few things more then killing innocents. And, it would draw Takeru out to get his revenge.

"Darkness wave" Lady Devimon spoke, a wave of dark energy in the form of bats flying from her chest, slaughtering everything in their path. The massacre continued, until no one on Miharashi but Meramon was left alive.

"Good-bye, Guardian of Miharashi." Lady Devimon said, mocking Meramon, and making him feel utterly helpless. As the devils flew back to Miharashi, Meramon left his mountain to warn Leomon, hoping that somehow, Devimon's revived form could be stopped.

"Unidentified digimon at the gate! Unidentified digimon at the gate!" The Solarmon on guard screamed, noticing the presence of a humanoid digimon made out of fire.

"I should make sure it's not just an odd species of immigrant." Leomon thought, and went out to greet the digimon.

"Meramon? Why aren't you on Miharashi?" Leomon asked, knowing that other then when he was driven berserk by a black gear, the Meramon on File Island had never left the mountain he was guardian of, and other Meramon rarely went into areas of normal temperature either.

"There's nothing left to protect there." Meramon said, his voice full of grief. The purpose for which this city was created has come."

"You mean." Leomon began, terror and shock in his voice.

"Yes, Leomon. Devimon is back." Meramon finished, confirming the lion digimon's suspicions.

In the main temple of Qinglongmon, at the easternmost point of the digital world, Seiryu's digimon incarnation was growing concerned. "So, he's returned. Now, the chosen children must be summoned one last time, and hopefully stop the few surviving lords of darkness." Qinglongmon thought, knowing that especially after the recent breach in the barrier between the digital world and the dark ocean, most of his energy would have to be devoted to keeping the worlds apart, and he summoned the chosen children.

"It is now time to begin the omake. Please leave your sanity at the door and prepare for madness. If you begin turning into a penguin while reading this, turn off the infinite improbability drive nearby." Chibi-Baihumon spoke, introducing the incredibly bizarre omake.

This incredibly bizarre omake began with the holy beasts meeting in council, to discuss their portrayal in various anime series. It ended with them trying to kill Chibi-Dagomon. However, it is considered good form to start from the beginning, and as such I will do so.

"First on the agenda for the holy beasts meeting, our portrayal in Yu Yu Hakusho." Chibi-Xuanwumon read(Though how holy beasts are made into chibis I will never know.) "Are all present in agreement that it was incredibly cruel to us, and showed us as way too evil?" The other holy beasts nodded.

"What about in Fushigi Yuugi?" Genbu's chibi counterpart asked, and then added "I feel it didn't go into enough detail about my part of the story."

"Well, you are getting a spinoff coming out soon, are you not? Personally, I found my seishi to be done very well." Chibi-Zhuqaiomon replied, not noticing the large river of tears coming out from the white tiger chibi, or the great anger Chibi-Qinglongmon was in. "What about you, Seiryu? What did you think of Nakago and the others."

"How dare you even mention him. Not only were my seishi all creeps, but what kind of a deity eats his own miko to grant her wishes?" Chibi-Qinglongmon replied, and then entangled his 10-kilometer body around Chibi-Zhuqaiomon.

"They weren't all that bad, Amiboshi was pretty cool." Chibi-Zhuqaiomon replied, gasping for breath.

"He turned against me." Chibi-Qinglongmon retorted, and then squeezed harder on the phoenix, only to get burned by the chibi firebird's flames.

"It's clear this conversation is going nowhere, what else is on the agenda? Oh yes, Devimon's return." Chibi-Xuanwumon added, orderly and boring as ever.(Genbu fans, please don't take offense. *runs away*)

"I've summoned the chosen children, we don't have time to deal with that, we need to protect the barrier between worlds. Speaking of which, who is doing that right now?" Chibi-Qinglongmon asked, and the digimon began turning their heads to one another, only to find they had neglected the barrier.

"Now, Holy Beasts of an inferior world, I will stop your annoying intervening and make Hikari queen of the Deepmon already." Chibi-Dagomon yelled, bursting through the barrier.

"Uh, we had nothing to do with that, that was only Takeru's doing, it's not our fault you leave portals to your world open all over the place." Chibi-Baihumon responded, sweatdropping.

"Lies, all lies!" Chibi-Dagomon answered, and began chasing after the holy beasts, as the screen faded to black due to constraints on word count and general laziness on the author's part.