Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen ❯ Help ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fallen

Chapter Two: Help

By: Blind Dark Faith

~

He stared at the water below, seeing the exact copy as himself, but in that reflection, he saw something that no one can see. 'That new boy… Kouji… he's different. Something about him makes me feel like I can… trust him. Why? I'd want to trust Orimoto and Kimura, but I just can't…' He shook his head. "They'll all be gone… one day they'll all disappear. Just like dad and Shinya…" He sadly frowned. Lightly he sighed and looked up at the afternoon sky. He blinked and closed his eyes and opened them, to see the black sky. He frowned, seeing many shadowed figures coming out of the torn sky. He blinked his eyes, and everything was back to the normal afternoon skies. He looked over the edge, nearly falling over, but he kept himself from tipping farther. His eyes widened when he saw a shadow swimming in the river. He narrowed his eyes, and pushed himself back. 'I have to stop it before it's too late.' He climbed on the rail and took in a deep breath. He closed his eyes and smiled lightly as the wind blew everywhere around him. Then he felt himself lean forward to fall. "Takuya!" A voice called out. "NO!!!"

The brunette quickly opened his eyes. He felt himself staring at the running waters below him. His eyes were wide in shock. 'Why did I stop?' Slowly he turned his head and looked over his shoulders. There peering over the edge of the bridge was Kouji. His expression was full of shock. Soon his blue eyes softened, and they stared into each other's eyes. To Takuya it seemed like forever before he could take his eyes away. Kouji's suddenly shrank in pain, and he automatically clutched his head. "Ah!" He heard the boy scream. Takuya blinked his eyes. Suddenly it came to him that he was floating over the river in air. Takuya frowned a bit. 'I can't let him see me like this.' He wanted to go back up and help him, but his mind seconded thought it, knowing what kind of position he's in. Then he let himself fall, and he fell through an opening just a few inches from the running waters. Takuya then disappeared. "Sorry…" he whispered.

~

Flashes were just suddenly flooding his head, and he couldn't stop it. His head was banging with pain, and he clutched it tightly. 'What's going on!?' He screamed in his mind. He tightly closed his eyes, and he could see the faint pictures of visions. He let them wash his thought, as he fell to the ground.

~He watched as he saw the city rot away, and the blue sky turned black. In the middle of the city was a lone tall building, illuminating the city as it's only light. ~

~Dark shadows surrounded him, in a position ready to attack him. He looked behind him, and there was a boy in a fighting stance. He saw it again, those giant wings outstretched to protect him. ~

~A beautiful lady was smiling widely at him, with tear brimming in her eyes. Beside her was Kouichi, also in the brink of tears. ~

~A boy was crying in his arms. He gently pushed him to look at him, but his face was blurred. Softly he wiped a tear from his cheek with his thumb. The boy smiled shakily at him. ~

~A light from the ground shot up to the dark sky, and a giant pair of wings stretched out. Darkness encircled up in the sky around that light, and debris of the buildings was floating up into that hole. Fires soon ignited, surrounding that ray of light, quickly it reached him, and he blocked his sight. ~

Kouji gasped out for breath and he quickly looked around. He found himself back on the bridge, and he remembered why he was there. Instantly, the raven-haired boy stood up, and he peered over the bridge. He wasn't there, and the smooth running of the water was all he saw. Faint images of those visions remained in his head, but he shook his head to clear it from his view. 'That never happened before… what… happened? …Takuya…'

~

He was walking to his class with Kouichi and Izumi. For the past week, he's come in terms to learn how to befriend them. Though he was closer to Kouichi, Izumi came to be the one he'd listen to, even though he's not really paying attention to anything she says. But the girl is very understanding, and she wants them to talk to her. Junpei is very easy to talk to, that's why Kouichi is sometimes jealous of the girl. He learned from Izumi's constant yapping that Junpei use to have this huge crush on her, until they came in Junior High. Kouichi liked him ever since he can remember. Izumi is a bit still on to trying to find out if they really are related. Kouji is starting to begin to believe that he and Kouichi could be… but there was no proof, yet. "Maybe your parents lied to you?" She questioned. Kouji slammed his locker and growled lowly. Kouichi glanced at her warningly. The blonde sighed and flipped her blonde hair from her shoulder. "Fine I'll stop…" She said in defeat.

"Morning!" They all looked up and saw the Junpei. Izumi waved, and Kouji just nodded as his greeting. Kouichi smiled widely and blushed. Then the group started to head for their class. Kouichi shyly took the boys hand, and they walked through the halls, people ignoring the couple.

Izumi sighed blissfully. "Isn't that cute? They're so in love! They've been together for almost two years." She then giggled. "Took me forever to make them realize that they really like each other." Kouji watched the two as they started to whisper things to each other, as one giggles. Then the raven-haired boy pecked a kiss on the taller boy's cheek, and they both blushed. Suddenly a flash entered his mind, and he quickly shook it away. 'Ever since I've moved to Shibuya, I've been having these strange visions.' He then glanced out the windows of the school. 'What do they mean?' He questioned to himself. Then he remembered Takuya and those incidents. 'Maybe… I can talk to him?'

When they entered the classroom, the boy in question was already in the class, seated in the corner. Kouji bit his lip. 'I haven't spoken to him ever since that day I saw him… floating in thin air.' He shook his head again, and looked sadly at him. 'He probably thinks that I think he's a weirdo… No I don't. It's just that… I've seen no one do such things so unnatural… It's kinda… cool… but it'll take some time to get use to.' Then he furrowed his brow. 'Those strange noises I always hear… they are somehow connected to him. Maybe I should talk to him.'

They started to head for their seats, but were stopped as a group of girls came rushing past them. They all gather around the brunette, and Kouji saw Izumi puff her cheeks in anger. "Great… what are they going to do now?" She growled. She started stomping over to them. Kouji raised a brow and turned to see Kouichi waving bye to his boyfriend. Kouichi came up beside him. He was about to ask something, but saw what Kouji was staring at. The boy sighed at the blonde girl and calmly walked over.

Takuya was cowering down in fear. Three fierce looking girls were dripping venom near him, and it scared him on what they might do. "Hey Freak! Today is our committee meeting at lunch. You better not get us in trouble again!"

"Yeah! This is important to us, and if we miss it, we'll be kicked out and it will be all your fault!"

"So don't do anything weird and creepy today!" one pointed a finger at him, and Takuya paled. The three saw the blonde coming over. They each gave him a nasty look. "You're lucky no one hurt you this time." She said lowly.

Kouji heard the girl and widened his eyes. 'They hurt him?' Izumi came storming at them, and she barked them away. Kouichi came up beside the brunette at the other side, and snickered at the girl's actions. Izumi then knelt down beside Takuya's desk and looked up at him. "You alight?" He nodded lightly and forced a fake smile at her. Kouji frowned. The boy laid his head down on the desk, with his arms covering his face and crossed. Izumi sadly smiled and sat on her own desk. Kouji and Kouichi sat down as well. The ravened haired boy was listing to Izumi and Kouichi talk for a while, but he soon got lost in his own thoughts. He glanced over at the brunette beside him. Takuya still had his head down. Kouji felt the need to talk to him, but class was soon starting.

"Um… Takuya?" The brunette slightly turned his head, to peer over his arm. Kouji smiled lightly, something he rarely does from time to time. "I… I haven't told anyone about that bridge incident." He whispered. Takuya's eyes became wide in remembrance. Kouji lowered his head a bit and was closer to the boy. "What happened that day… I found it amazing." His expression softened. "I don't think you're a freak…" He saw Takuya's eyes glisten, but he failed to see the brunette slightly blush at his comment.

"Thank you." The boy replied softly. Kouji smiled. He was about to talk some more, but the class bell rang. Students came running into their seats, and the teacher came in. After things were settled, Kouji bowed his head, and glanced at the boy. Takuya was looking up at the teacher, but his head was still resting on his crossed arms. "Can we meet up at the rooftops at lunch?" he whispered. Then he turned his head towards the teacher, not waiting for the boy's reply.

~

Kouji stood in front of the door, with his hand on the knob. He took in a deep breath, and let it out shakily. 'What if he isn't there?' He frowned and shook his head. 'What am I thinking? He's afraid of every body, and he nearly killed himself… I'm just new around here, and I never get nervous if someone rejects my friendship… I never even asked anyone to be my friend…' He growled at his thoughts. 'Damn it! I just want to ask him questions… but it would be nice if he became my friend…' He shook his head and changed his train of thoughts. 'All those visions… I know some how that they all revolve around him. And I have to know. What if he can help me?' he closed his eyes and turned the knob of the door. Slowly he pushed it, and the light from out side flooded inside the building.

Kouji opened his eyes and froze in his place. There in front of him, was the brunette. He sat by himself on the floor, backed up against the wired fence. He had his legs folded close to him, and his arms hugged it. His head was leaning on the fence, and he had it slightly turned to look down below of the big building. Kouji couldn't help but watch this boy in tranquil. He never saw this part of the boy, except for fear, sadness, and loneliness. A gentle breeze played around the area, and Kouji brushed back a loose lock of hair form his eyes. "Takuya…" He whispered. 'He came…' He felt his chest getting lighter.

The brunette's eyes moved to look at him, but he didn't move at all. Their eyes locked, and moments passed between them. Kouji started to have those flashes again, but they weren't as severe as last time. Kouji closed his eyes and he let them past. He knew what they were, but they were still unclear. They'd always replay over and over, but sometimes, new ones come along, adding more to his pain. He gradually opened his eyes and saw Takuya's eyes still on him. He slowly walked over to him, and he stood beside him. He looked out over the busy city of Shibuya. The sky was clear of clouds, and the nice breeze made the day seem happy and bright. Kouji entwined his fingered within the wired fence, and looked down below. There were many trees planted in the fields, so he could barely see the pathways through the lunch area. Kouji then looked down and saw the brunette had his eyes on him.

The boy quickly looked away, and blushed lightly. "Why… me?' His voice was so soft and faint.

'Why him?' He was confused at first. That question meant a lot of things… and he didn't know how to reply. So he thought of substituting it with another question. "What are you afraid of, that makes you so distant from people?" He asked carefully. The look on the brunette's face, made him regret asking.

The boy hid his face in his arms, and Kouji could hear mumblings from him. He leaned over a bit to clearly hear him. "…My father and brother died, so I don't want to get close to anyone…" Kouji then understood him. 'If he gets close to someone… he's afraid of loosing them…' He frowned sadly. Then Kouji leaned a bit closer, as he heard the boy mumble some more, softly. "People think I'm… weird… because of those incidents. It always happens when I'm around. So they blame me." He looked up flushed at the closeness this raven-haired boy was. Then he lowered his head, but he was still staring at him.

"Do you…" Kouji bit his lip thinking before he spoke, another he rarely does sometimes. "Do you do those things, though?" He asked. Takuya looked away. 'I guess he doesn't trust me yet.' He sighed shakily and then he looked up at the sky. He could have sworn he saw a rip in the sky, but he shook his head. "You know Takuya, you don't have to answer me yet… I understand it if you don't trust me yet… but I just want to know…"

"Why are you being nice to me?" Kouji was interrupted by the soft sound of the brunette. The raven-haired boy looked down at him, and blinked his eyes. Takuya was blushing hard, but to the raven-haired boy… he didn't notice. "Only Izumi, Kouichi and Junpei are nice to me. How come you are? Usually the new students turn to the 'dark side' as Izumi puts it." He chuckles to himself, but he frowns a bit.

Kouji was ginning madly in his mind. 'Well… at least I got him to talk to me!' He looked up at the sky, and smiled softly. "Out of all the cities I constantly move into, I find this city very interesting. I've never met anyone who's really different than anyone I've met. They're always the same, acting all the same. I thought I was the only odd one, because instantly, no one offer a hand of friendliness…" Kouji then shrugged. 'Actually… I don't accept their friendship' Then the raven-haired boy looked down at him. "But you… you're kind of like me in some ways." Then he suddenly saw the rosy glowing cheeks coming from the brunette. He raised a brow.

Takuya then blushed furiously. 'Is he sick? The teacher says that he's been sick a lot… actually… he's been missing some days of school too.' "What's wrong?" He asked him.

The brunette shook his head. Then he froze and perked his head up. Kouji saw him got tense, and watched him looked up at the sky, like last time. Takuya frowned and he stood up. His eyes got narrow. "What is it?" Kouji asked as he looked up at him.

Takuya looked down, and had a soft expression. He shook his head. "I… have to go now." He said in his kind tone. He quickly bowed. "Thank you for you kindness, Minamoto." Then he ran out of the rooftop area, and back into the big building.

Kouji frowned inwardly. Then he heard a loud roar echoing through the area. He looked around, and saw nothing out of the unusual. Then a static form flew in the sky, and Kouji's eyes widened. He blinked, but the form was gone. "What was that?" He whispered to the air.

~

It was official. Kouji was bored at his home. So he decided to go out and explore the park, even though he's seen it all. It was a beautiful one at that, better than some of the others he's seen. He's finished his homework, and he already had his dinner with his stepmother. It was nighttime, and the streetlight illuminated the whole city. It wasn't cold, and Kouji was strolling out through the park, towards the center of it. He saw the water fountain, glowing with lights, and the water falling down in a spout of water. He walked up to it, and sat down.

He looked up at the sky, lost in his own thoughts. Lately he's been seeing those static images everywhere in the city, and hearing these loud sounds. He asked his friends one day if anyone notices, but they haven't. So he decided to not ask them again, thinking that they might think he's going crazy. But those static images are soon getting clearer, making out forms of monsters, swarming in the city, and no one knows about it. He's also now seeing this winged boy in his dreams and visions, appearing and disappearing like those static forms. When he's walking through the streets, the city keeps flashing to that ruined place. One day, Kouji went exploring the central part of the city, and never has he found that tall building that lights up the dark city. 'I am going crazy, and yet I haven't asked Takuya yet about it.' These past days, Kouji notices that the brunette keeps avoiding him. He's nowhere to be found, but in the class rooms, and he hasn't talked to him when even Kouji tries to converse, even thought it's not his style to start of conversation. He keeps on disappearing in he hallways, when even Kouji spots him. 'Something is going on, and I know he's connected to it. He probably knows about this… other world I'm seeing.'

Suddenly a light flashed before him, and a line of light appeared, a bit off the ground. It shined through as it opened slightly, and released a boy from it. The line disappeared, leaving the limp body on the ground. Kouji noted that it must have been a portal or something. He also could have sworn he saw a pair of wings on the boy's back, before he fell on the ground. The raven-haired boy cautiously stood up and walked over to him. 'Something's not right.' He gasped seeing a little pool of red surrounding the boy. He quickly ran up to him, and saw the many unnatural scratches, and deep cuts. He picked the boy's head up, and nearly jumped out of his pants. It was Takuya, unconscious. Kouji started to panic. The boy was bleeding all over, drenching his own white collared shirt from school. 'Not good…' He looked around. 'Should I got to the hospital?' He picked up the limp boy's body, and noted that he wasn't at all heavy, but light. He bit his lip. "Takuya?" He started to shake the boy a bit conscious. Takuya moaned a bit, but his eyes were still shut, clutching in pain. He bit his lip again and ran out of the empty park.

~

There was banging on the door, and instantly the woman in the apartment got frightened. He walked over a bit towards the door, and the banging wouldn't stop. She started to panic, and she went to get the phone, but she heard a familiar voice shouting at the other side. "Mom! Open up, please!" she recognize it as her stepson, and quickly she opened the door. She gasped at her own son. He had bloodstains on him, and in his arms was an unconscious boy. He quickly ran past her, not even saying anything to her. He rushed to his room. The woman closed the door, and headed towards Kouji's room. "Kouji, sweetie, what's wrong?"

The boy was on Kouji's bed, coloring the sheets with his blood. Kouji was running all around the room, finding things to help the boy. Her expression was in shock, not sure on what to think about this scene. Kouji saw the woman at his doorframe, and he bit his lip. "Mom!" He neared her, and took her hands. "Something happened to my friends, and I don't know what to do. I found him at the park, and I brought him here. I don't want to take him to the hospital, even thought his hurt. Please, mom, can you help him?" His tone was full of panic and fear. The mother nodded numbly, and walked over to the boy to inspect him.

Kouji's step-mom is a pediatric doctor, so he chose the right person to take Takuya to. His step-mom takes the night shifts, wanting to stay around during the day times, but she also worked on weekends. Kouji was looking over her shoulder, as she unbuttoned the boy's shirt. Carefully she peeled the cloth from the boy's wound. She bit her lip, seeing a deep hole on his shoulder. "Where… where did he get this?" she whispered. Kouji's eyes widened. She looked over her shoulder and saw his expression. "Kouji, go get me some warm water and a cloth. I'll clean him up with your sheets, ok? We'll change them later." Kouji dazedly nodded and rushed out the room.

Delicately she lifted the boy to an up-right position, and held him up with one hand on his chest, careful not to touch his wound. Her face softened at the angelic face this boy had. Then she pulled off the shirt and discarded it to the floor. She looked around at the boy's skinny frame. She frowned. 'Does he get bullied at school?' She saw deep gashes on his arms, and many bruises. "These are no ordinary wounds… Where did he get them?" She took a sheet from under him, and started to clean the blood from his body, and arms. She saw the pained expression on the boy, and she was doing her best to calm the boy down.

Kouji came back into the room, with a basin of water and a dry cloth in his hand. "H-here mom…" The mother looked up and thanked him. He put the basin beside her, and sat next to it. He watched her start to take the cloth and dip it in the warm water. She wringed it, and started to dab it on the big wound on his shoulder. Takuya started to hiss in pain, and the mother was loosing grip on the boy. "Kouji, please hold him." She told him. The raven-haired boy nodded, and shakily took the brunette, and held him up. She then went back into cleaning the wounds. After a while, they got the boy to fall asleep, and he was bandaged up. Kouji's bed was changed, and the brunette was resting on it. Kouji let the boy borrow some clean clothes from him, but it was really loose on his thin frame.

The stepmother came into the room, and Kouji was picking up some trash from the floor. "Here sweetie." She put a tray of food on the desk, and she looked up at him. The boy bowed his head, and was red on his face. "Thanks, mom." He looked up at saw her smiling face. "Can you not… tell dad about this, or anyone else?" He asked shyly. He was looking down at the floor, not wanting to look up at him.

She smiled. "Don't worry, my lips are sealed… but I want you to know, if he gets any better, I'd want you to take him to the doctors, just to make sure nothing's broken. Ok?" Kouji looked up, with a tiny gaping mouth. He grinned and nodded. Kouji's step-mom waved him good night. Kouji was going to sleep on the floor, incase the boy wakes up. His step-mom closed the door, and left the two alone.

The raven-haired boy neared Takuya and he sat down beside his bed. "My mom said those wounds aren't normal." He whispered. "And you just suddenly appeared out of no where… You're fighting something, and you're not telling anyone. Somehow… I'm the only one who notices these strange occurrences. Takuya… I want to help. And I need you to help me." 'Another thing I don't see me asking.' His eyes softened. "I got scared that you might die… when I saw you hurt really bad." He bowed his head, and unconsciously he was brushing the hair from the boy's face. "I want to be your friend, Takuya. You can… trust me." He whispered lowly. The boy moaned and he was shifting in his sleep. Kouji perked his head up and watched the boy. The boy's lips were started to move, but no sound came from it. Kouji moved over to put his ear close to the boy's mouth, and he heard the boy. "…Too much… too strong… no more light…" Kouji looked up at him and blinked his eyes.

~

To Be Continued….

((Welp, that's the second chapter. Kinda sucks… didn't turn out the way I planed all in my head. Hee. Hee. I'm surprise I got this many reviews already, and I want to thank you for them! The next chapter won't come in until a bit after two weeks or so. Thanks again, and please R&R!!!!!))

Disclaimers: Don't own squat, don't even have a penny… my brother stole it form me yesterday T-T