Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Fighter ❯ Chapter Thriteen ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fighter

By Marie Darkholme

Thirteenth Chapter

Mimi moved from one side to the other in expectation. Yamato on the other hand, remained calmly on his sit, watching as his fiancée paced nervously through the small waiting room, where some other pregnant and not so pregnant women sat waiting for their turns to be attended. They were, like always lately, in two completely different worlds. While Mimi anxiously waited for her turn to be assisted by her gynaecologist, Yamato, once more, wondered about the true destiny of his relationship with the woman that carried his child. Never had he thought in his entire life that asking the woman he loved in marriage could cause so many disturbances in his mind. It was almost like an hurricane had just rushed through it and had messed all the stuff, and now he could put back some things together again.

He sighed in frustration and was taken back from his world by the voice of the young secretary that had called both him and Mimi. He stood up and held Mimi's hand for comfort her. He could feel her hands shaking. This was the first time she was going to make an ultrasound to the baby growing inside her. She glanced over to Yamato but his eyes were completely lost in some other thing. She squeezed his hand and he was brought once more from his wondering world to the reality. He smiled reassuring to her.

The doctor, a tall man, with about forty years sat behind his desk in the small clinic, full of medical stuff. He motioned the young couple to sit down on the two chairs standing in front of the desk and so they sat back. Yamato watched more carefully the clinic as Mimi listened and replied to the questions that the elder man was making. It was small, with wall painted in a soft tone of blue. In the wall there were pictures and sketches, some with pregnant woman showing their bellies inside with the nine months baby, other about the menstruation cycle, and some other about giving birth. He turned around to watch more carefully what was behind him and saw a stretcher like with this kind of arms where woman are supposed to put her legs. He gasped slightly at the thought of a woman opening her legs like that. Now he could really understand why some women didn't like going to doctors, after all they are sticking their heads in a, according to his thoughts, not very pleasant place in a not very pleasant way.

He continued his inspection and watched a very small screen with lots of buttons next to a now a true stretcher that he immediately identified as the ultra sound. Not far behind, since it was a small clinic, a shelf stood with an amazingly great collection off books with diverse titles but always related with medicine and especially of course gynaecology and obstetric. He then turned his attention to his partner again, that was just finishing answering the questionnaire, that almost looked like she was filling a form to enter the secret police.

The doctor stood up and motioned Mimi to lay on the stretcher. After a few looks to Yamato and his reassurance and comfort smiles she finally lied down as she watched fearfully her surroundings. She noticed how old the doctor looked by then. He might after all not have about forty. The only thing that seemed as new as when he was a child was his childish smile and his eyes that shone with an amaze bright for an old man. He pushed Mimi's shirt up and unbuttoned her pants, what in Yamato's opinion he could have asked Mimi to do, but he lied off the guy and allowed him to continue unpunished with the examination.

As the cold gel touched her belly, Mimi let out a small moan. The doctor then put the device on her belly and started by trying to locate the baby as he spread the gel on her belly. Yamato watched the screen as a white and black figures appeared on him, not really seeming like a baby any of them. Of course, he did know that the baby was still not completely formed and stuff, but he still couldn't see nothing that it looked like a human thing. Suddenly he felt something in his hand and saw how Mimi, even looking also at the screen, grabbed his hand. He smiled and wrapped his fingers around her hand.

"Here it is." The doctor exclaimed as a thing apparently human appeared on the screen, still not quite noticeable. For Yamato, it could have been her stomach because he really couldn't distinguish anything in the screen. He searched in vain for something as he could only distinguish some dark points in the middle of the screen. Mimi though, seemed to be seeing more than him, as she squeezed and unsqueezed his hand and let out small chuckles.

Fifteen minutes later, they were finally off the clinic for Yamato's happiness. They walked down the movement street of the centre of Kyoto's city. Mimi grabbed his arms as she smiled happily and looked up to him. Yamato just walked in his usual fast but still slow cool pace watching the people who passed by them. He could feel Mimi's arms around his arms and her head leaning cutely on his shoulder as she tried to make herself a little warmer. The snow had stopped but the streets were full with the white solid rain, not so white now that it was on the dirty floor.

Mimi watched her soon to be husband. She couldn't understand what was going on with him. Lately he seemed so distant, always lost in thoughts, and every time she got his attention he would just smile or say something sweet being, seconds later, lost in his own thoughts again. For a while she had been like that two, but nor anymore. She had already thought about their all situation times and times again, and she had reached the only conclusion that she could ever thought of getting. The conclusion that she was doing the right thing, that she loved him now and she would love him forever, and above all, that he wasn't marrying her because of the child she carried only, but also because he loved her and wanted her to be the woman next to him when he got old. But every time she saw him so lost in his thoughts, she began to wonder if she was really right.

Nevertheless she shook away those thoughts as the Christmas' music began to float in the air and spread its happy spirit around. Only then she noticed how close they were from Christmas, only about a month away. The time had in fact passed rather quickly lately. Things had been happening and sometimes she couldn't accompany them. Her soon to be brother in law would marry next week with one of her friend's sister, her marriage was about four months away and she already had the best man and the god mother, well at least invited, because she still didn't have a reply from Sora. But she could almost bet that she would accept. After all her friend was very much changed. She couldn't contend herself from a scream of happiness when she had heard that Sora was actually going to a marriage anyway.

She smiled for herself. Things were going greater than she could have ever imagined. Life was beautiful and was smiling hugely for her. Only then she remembered the only thing that wasn't quite right in her life, but she quickly put the thought aside, trying not to ruin her good mood, but somehow she knew it was already late. Her thought started drifting as well and she got back to the point she had first started and where she always started. Am I doing the right thing?

But that was, as many others, a question to which only her and her only could reply, because the answer lied within her and she already knew it, thought she was trying to fight it.

Hikari watched as the lights of the flashy announcements in the walls of the buildings caught her eyes. She looked outside the window of her and Takeru's warm Daweo Matis. She just loved that car. It was great to drive in the great cities but also in the small ones. It had an easy driving and it was easier to find a spot to park if you have a small car. The snow had finally stopped outside and right now she was glad it had, because she had many things to do and such a little time to make them all.

Her marriage was in the next week and she still felt like she hadn't taken care of anything. Takeru on the other hand, seemed quite peaceful and not worried about the things. His mind seemed to be only in marrying Hikari. He had even purposed her that they married without anyone's knowledge, except for best man and the godmother of course, since they needed to sign the papers, but that also seemed to be he's only excuse to let them know, because she could almost swear that if they weren't needed to legalize the marriage then he wouldn't mind that there would only be him, her and priest in the church. "It would be a romantic marriage." He had sensually told her. But Hikari wanted more, she wanted other people to be in her marriage, all the people around her that she loved, even thought that wasn't quite possible since her mother had died, but she believed that wherever she was, she would be watching her.

As the car drove between the busy streets, she spotted a familiar blond haired guy in the streets walking along with a long brown haired girl. She looked better to see if it was really them and in fact they were. She motioned Takeru to stop in a nearby place and they both went to meet the older couple. Between kisses and greetings, Hikari could feel something wrong between them, but she didn't speak about it. They walked over to a nearby cafeteria where while the girls chatted happily about the marriage preparations, the guys chatted about the usual stuff, football, the latest news in sport and, last but not least, Takeru's work.

"So, have you chosen the dress yet?" Mimi asked enthusiastically her friend. Hikari blushed at the thought, not really knowing why herself, but she did. "Well, no. I was hoping to go chose it today." She replied embarrassed. She knew the godmother was suppose to go with the bride to chose the dress, but her godmother was in Hong Kong and she wouldn't be able to come till the wedding. Hikari wasn't quite sure why she had picked her as her godmother. She was her aunt by maternal side maybe that was the reason. Or perhaps it was only an attempt to bring her family closer. After her mom died her maternal family had been kind of separated from them and she resented that, so she had thought that maybe that action could bring them together, but unfortunately it didn't look like. Her aunt didn't even care about her niece.

Mimi stared at Hikari for a quite long period as the young brown eyed seemed to be lost in thoughts. She noticed a small hint of sadness in her eyes, that immediately disappeared the moment Mimi called her name and she broke of her trance. "Would you like me to go with you to choose the dress?" Mimi asked politely, not only trying to be nice as she got the idea that Hikari was going alone to pick the dress and was sad about it, but also, because herself would like to those kinds of things. She loved fashion and she loved even most going shop and buying a wedding dress was an important choice.

The little brown eyes that stared a few seconds ago sadly at Mimi's honey orbs seemed to be overjoyed as she quickly nodded taking Mimi's hand in hers and thanking her. Mimi just smiled before the young woman's behaviour understanding her fully. In that moment she also got a thought about if Sora would eventually go with her to buy her wedding dress. A picture formed in her mind, of the grumpy Sora sitting in the waiting chairs outside the changing room while Mimi showed up in the most amazingly beautiful dresses. Eventually, Sora would yawn and after an half hour she would probably be asleep. Mimi giggled at the thought. That was certainly going to be fun.

Meanwhile, Hikari had already told Takeru to go on without her that she would phone him later to go pick her. Takeru simply gave her a nod and a kiss on her lips before she left. Yamato also acknowledge that Mimi was going with his soon to be sister in law and gave her a kiss as well. Then the two women left happily leaving the two men on the cafeteria still talking.

"Where would you like to go?" Mimi asked Hikari as they stood in the middle of the sidewalk, while Hikari decided the direction which she wanted to take. After all they were in the centre of Kyoto, and there were several clothes shops with wedding dresses. After a couple of minutes thinking, Hikari finally decided to got down the street to a shop where she had already seen a possible wedding dress. Mimi followed her, making her way besides Hikari through the amount of people walking exactly in the opposite way. In fact it almost seemed they were the only two persons walking down the street while most of them would just walk up.

They didn't speak much through the way, as they really didn't had much breath to talk but also because the noise of the cars and the audio announcements along with some people stopped in corners talking made their personal conversation almost inaudible and if they talked louder, it would become a public conversation because everyone walking in the streets would hear it. Not that they were worried about that, because most of the people were just so busy with their own stuffs that they usually didn't pay much attention to their surroundings.

A couple of metres ahead, Mimi spotted a small, yet pretty store with several wedding dresses exposed on the exhibiter. Hikari sighed in relief as she entered the store running away from all the people walking around up and down the street. Mimi did the same. Both of them took their gloves, caps and coats and delivered them to a lady that was receiving them in the entrance of the store. The lady immediately hang them in a hanger behind her, turning her full attention to the new customers that had just arrived.

"Good morning. May I help you?" she immediately predisposed herself, while smiling widely. Hikari returned the smile and nodded. "Yes, we wanted to see wedding dresses." she replied. The woman nodded in understanding. "And the dress would be for you or your friend?" the woman asked, not wanting to sound stupid. Hikari giggled at her actions. "Ups, sorry. It's for me."

The woman nodded once more and always holding a smile on her face, she excused herself, leaving the two women looking around the store. Mimi had already spotted a few night gale dresses that she liked. She was now holding one in her hands while putting it in front of her, delineating her belly. Hikari went to meet her and watched the dress carefully. It was a simple, but yet pretty model. The pink pale colour matched Mimi's lips and stood very well with her skin. It was made of a very soft tissue that felt straight. It hadn't many accessories. Two long sleeves opened in the bottom staring in the shoulders, a tight corset and then a long skirt that felt over the feet. Over the waist line it had a small darker pink strip that culminated in a pretty ribbon in the back.

Mimi watched herself with the dress in front of her as she turned making it wave with the air. "What do you think?" she asked seeing Hikari behind her. Hikari motioned her to turn and she watched carefully. Mimi still had a small belly so the corset wouldn't really hurt her or the baby and it would certainly fit her like a glove. "I think it's very pretty." She replied. Mimi turned to the mirror again and smiled. She loved gale dresses but she hadn't the chance to use them many times, since she didn't went to many dinners with important persons or to fancy restaurants.

The lady that had first talked with Hikari, returned with a huge catalogue in her hands. She opened it over a table in the corner of the room and motioned the two ladies to sit down and see the dresses. It wasn't only a wedding catalogue, but it had also, night gale dresses, godmother dresses, baptism dresses and also some tuxedos for young boys. Mimi sat beside Hikari still with the pink dress in her hands, while she glanced over to the book and Hikari turned the pages.

"Too short, too curvy, too tight, too complicated, too long…" she said as she twisted her nose to most of the dresses. After about an hour of leafing and leafing again, she had about four dresses that she liked. The lady quickly excused herself once more and went to pick them on the warehouse behind the store, where she held most of the catalogue dresses and much to Hikari's surprise the four dresses she had picked. Mimi though, kept hugging the dress. She finally took a Hikari that motioned her to go try it on. And so, she quickly changed to it. When she finally left, the lady had already come back with the four dresses in her hands.

"You look great." Hikari told her as she stepped out of the changing room with the dress. "You really think?" Mimi asked a little unsure as a small blush crept up her cheeks turning them in a soft pink tone, once again matching the dress. "You are really beautiful miss, and the tone of the dress, matches your lips and stays very good with your skin." The lady said reassuring Mimi in her decision to buy the dress; after all it was her part in working there. But besides the professional opinion, the lady also thought that Mimi looked really nice in the dress.

It followed them about two hours of changing dresses, choosing shoes and a veil. When they were over, it was way pass lunch time and both the women were starving. They paid their huge bill since a wedding dress isn't cheap and with bags on hands and smiles on their faces, they both left the store and walked over to the place where they had stood to meet Yamato and Takeru for lunch.

The boys were already in the restaurant, sitting in a four person's table with some bags by their sides. They were talking when they noticed the girls had arrived. "How was the shopping?" Takeru greeted his fiancée kissing her softly as he tried to sneak to see what she had in the bag, but Hikari had the bag close and he couldn't see what was in it.

"Don't you know that seeing the bride's dress before the marriage gives bad luck?" Mimi playfully noticed. Takeru blushed and turned his attention to the other side of the room that appeared to have some interest all the sudden. The others just laughed at the statement. Then Yamato noticed that Mimi herself was caring a bag. "What do you bought, Mimi?" he asked her.

Mimi blushed as she sat down on her chair by Hikari's side and faced her soon to be husband. "Well… I bought a dress for Hikari's wedding." She replied. Yamato smiled. "That's cool. Then you try it when we get to my house, okay?" he asked, then smirked. "I would like to see how it fits you."

Hikari noticed his smirk and laughed. "It's a very pretty dress, so make sure you don't ruin it while you drool looking at her." She replied. Yamato blushed too and turned to the same spot Takeru had been looking seconds ago, founding something interesting in it also. The girls giggled at the two blond brothers and continued to chat along with them.

Sora glanced occasionally to Taichi that drove silently besides her. She was afraid he might have gotten angry with her, in a way he had all the right. After all, she did almost strangle him. Another dream, or better, another nightmare had gotten to her. When she woke up feeling hands over her shaking her, she panicked and her instincts told her to hurt the person that was shaking her. Fortunately she had acknowledge what was happening before it was too late. She still remembered too well his looks as he eyed her with a mixture of feelings that she was certain not even him was able to know how exactly he was feeling: angry, surprised, sad, betrayed were only some of the words with which she could describe his look.

----Flashback----

He stared wide eyed at the girl before his eyes, as he tried to regain his breath, coughing a lot. Even though she had only pressed his throat for seconds she had almost got him without air with the strength she made. He quite didn't know what to think. She was sleeping and when he tried to wake her up she threw herself to his throat. He didn't how he felt either. It was mixture of words that he could not describe. He saw her regretted look and how she too was shocked with her actions. She covered her mouth with her hands as a few tear started rolling down her face. He could see her mouth moving, but no sound came out of it.

It looked like hours that they stayed just there, shocking looking at each other, none of them able to say a only word. Then actions were louder than words and Sora flew off the car and started running down the street. He could see that more that she had hurt him; she had hurt herself with her actions. He too went out of the car, having the conscious to lock it and ran after her.

It was kind of hard to run in the snow, but Sora, though, seemed to be used to this running in the snow thing, as she quickly got away from the car and seemed to Taichi that she was getting farther by the minute as he tried to reach her. Probably in normal occasion, he would have called her, but right now he didn't even thought about that possibility as he just kept running after her. it would probably worth nothing, since she or would hear him or if she did, she would just kept running faster.

Eventually she got tired and felt to the floor exhausted by all the running. She leaned against the nearest wall and buried her face on her hands, crying noticeably. Taichi arrived to her spot minutes later, also out of breath. For moments he just watched her there crying, thinking about what he should say to her or what should he do. But he wasn't the first to talk. She was.

"I'm so sorry… I was… having a nightmare…, and then… you wake me up and…" she said between the sniffs of her hard crying. "I'm really sorry… I didn't mean to…" she continued sniffing. Taichi sighed and wrapped her around his arms comforting her. "Shh…" he shushed her as she continued to cry in her hands. "I know you didn't. I was just… shocked, you know?" he tried to choose carefully his words not wanting to make the situation worse than it was already.

Sora hushed a little as she raised her face from her hands. Her reddish eyes were live red now and her face was coloured too. Her eyes pleaded for forgiveness. "I'm sorry." She whispered to him. Taichi smiled and pushed her up. They stared in each other eyes fixedly like they were the world and there was nothing besides that. Taichi held her hands in his as he approached her slowly, targeting her lips. They leaned closer, dangerously closer, as Sora too locked her eyes with his, targeting his lips. Suddenly their eyes were both closed and…

"Hey, give me those!" a little boy suddenly shouted at other boy that had run around the couple and hid behind them. The first little boy picked a hand full of snow and made a small ball that he aimed to the other boy, but he ducked and it hit Sora's back. The boys ran away, and the moment that Sora and Taichi were both ready to share ended in a flash.

They realised each other's hands and looked away not knowing what to say. "It's getting late." Taichi said. Sora nodded in agreement. "We should go make that interview and then go get lunch." He purposed. Once again Sora only nodded and they both started heading to the car in silence.

----End Of Flashback----

Now, that same silence that had fell between the two, was disturbing her. It wasn't only because of what she had done, that she felt uncomfortable, but also because of what both of them had been about to do. She couldn't allow herself into a relationship now. Not now and not ever. She didn't feel ready and she somehow felt she would never feel ready to enter another relationship. The fear was still to recent to her, even thought it had been about eight years.

But she wanted her friendship with Taichi. It had become a very valorous thing to her. more than Yamato's or Mimi's friendship, she prized the brown haired guy's company, friendship and all the things they both shared, and the silence that was consuming them right now, only made her wonder if she had ruined their friendship.

Taichi on the other hand, wasn't worried about the silence. He knew he wasn't angry at her and he knew she wasn't either. In his mind there was only one thought and that thought concerned the kiss he was about to share with Sora. This time, he would have shared a kiss with her, he would not have kissed her but they would have kissed each other. This only made him happier in a way, giving him hope with the stubborn red eyed girl sitting besides him, but it also made him a little angry with those two kids that had just broken the magic moment. Nevertheless, he was not worried as he knew he would have more opportunities to open her heart to him, now he knew she was receptive to his love as well, even if she tried to fight it back.

Unfortunately for them, the interview hadn't given them any clues, as the two victims seemed to have nothing in common with each other. They had tried to make connections but the fact was that they couldn't find any. Besides both were girls and students in the University, there was nothing. They didn't have a common pass or even studied the same thing. They were staring to despair and think that this was a new serial killer with no obvious targets. The only clue they had was that the killer was probably a woman, by the marks on the victims' necks. But still, there should be hundreds of women in Kyoto and they couldn't put them all under investigation. They only could wait and hope the next time she would make some mistake. Of course that implied that one more person would be killed, but unfortunately there was nothing that they could do except waiting.

He glanced to Sora as he drove and locked eyes with her. Both immediately turned to the other side and blushed. Taichi was tormenting himself mentally for having another crush, but still it felt so good to be in love. And every time he fell in love it seemed to be something different. With Megumi he had a possessive feeling, wanting her always next to him. He often wondered if he was only in love with her charm and appearance. After all her personality wasn't anything special and she wasn't smart either. His passion for her was a sick one, in a more lustful way. But with Sora it seemed different. Way too different. Maybe it was because, for staring Megumi and her were tow completely different persons.

He thought of his passion for Sora as a more realistic love, even though, he couldn't quite say if it was real love, since he didn't know. With Sora, he felt shills coming down his spine every time she spoke, his heart rushed every time they touched and he didn't think of her in a sexual way when he looked at her, but more in a romantic way, which was sometimes scary. He daydreamed about taking her to the movies, staying there hugged seeing a good policemen, walking through the park and sat on a bench to see the sun set. He also thought about going on adventure together, saving her, like a knight with a princess. Things that he had never dreamed with Megumi. Their relationship was based on Megumi living in his house and when he came home late, she would have dinner ready. They would eat, chat about their days, make out and then go to sleep. Sometimes they would have sex, but nothing else. Maybe that was the reason why Megumi had betrayed him after all.

He shook those thoughts off his mind as he pulled over in a sub park. Sora was out in her world and didn't even noticed they had stopped. He just brushed his hand against hers that rested in her lap and she woke from her world and smiled to him as she left the car. He mesmerized her smile. It was simply so beautiful. Then the door shutting closed awoke him and he too stepped out of the car.

Sora waited that Taichi exited the car, to know where they were actually going, since she didn't know where they were going to eat. He seemed to have spaced out in the car. "So, where are we going to eat?" she asked as she saw his brown messy hair emerged from the other side of the car. Taichi looked at her and smirked. "I surely hop you like burritos." He replied teasingly. She laughed.

The restaurant had a fast food appearance like Macdonald's with all the sits and table almost glued together and the counters. They stood in the line to be attended. Sora took her time to watch around the place. Even with the fast food appearance it was a nice place. Music was played by the local radio in a low yet audible tone, and people chatted in their tables lowly.

Taichi was first on the line, reason why he asked first. "A burrito, a coke and…" he thought about a while. "Well, I think that's all." He said and then paid for his burrito and waited with his board on hands for Sora to make her ask. She looked over to the list of food, but she didn't know most of the food there, so she just followed common sense and asked the same as Taichi. "A burrito and an ice tea, mango, please." She politely asked. The girls picked the stuff and put it over her board. Sora took her wallet and prepared to pay, but a hand over hers stopped her. "My treat." Taichi replied. The look in his face indicated that there was no argue possible and so Sora stepped aside and allowed Taichi to pay for her. Then they both went to sit over a table next to the window.

While Taichi began to eat promptly his burrito, Sora remained still eyeing her food with an inquiring look. Then she slowly picked it and bit a slice. She smiled approvingly to that kind of food and began to eat as well. After some bites, she picked her ice tea cane and drank a bit as well. Immediately she noted to herself that burritos weren't good with ice tea, but she eventually had to finish her ice tea.

Later that evening, Taichi and Sora sat on both their desks examining the depositions they had from the victims' familiars and friends. Once again, they searched for something similar in both cases. Through the window, they could see the night falling, as the snow began to fall real slowly again. It was a cold night and the room was kind of freezing as well. Sora pushed the scarf she had brought from one of the drawers of the desk and put it around her neck, protecting herself from the cold. It was a black wool scarf with a symbol draw in deep red on the bottom.

Taichi leaned against his chair and looked over to the window. Then he yawned and turned his gaze to the girl in front of him. She was searching through the list of telephones of the victims to see if she could find something. But he was more interested in her than in what she was doing properly. He gazed into her soft features, but yet, strong and powerful how he knew she was and he reminisced the first day they had met. She was all rage inside, fearing every men and hating them for unknown reasons. With time, and a fortune rescue, he had won her trust and within time, he knew he would win her heart again.

He was awoken from his thoughts by the sudden ring of the phone. Both of them reached for it at the same time, making their hands collapse into each other in the air. Sora then raised her head from the papers, since she had not even look to see where she was heading her hand and simply instantly had reached out for the phone, and saw Taichi's hand beat against her own. She took it abruptly and Taichi answered the phone.

"Murder department, Detective Taichi here." He replied into the receiver. Sora waited for him to finish talk. He emitted sounds like mm, and yeah or okay, to finish with: "We're on our way." With this, she immediately reached for her gun that rested on the top of the desk and for her badge and stood up. Taichi followed her movements and picked his gun and badge as well and exited the room while explaining the situation to her. He found that it was too easy to work with Sora as a partner. He mostly didn't need to tell her what was happening because she was very perspective and usually made her own conclusions. He found how easily she understood what he wanted to tell even when he didn't know how to explain. Most of the cops, would probably wait until he ended the phone call to ask what was going on and only then reach for their belongings to get to work, but she didn't.

They entered the car and Taichi put the flashy lights in the top of his roof, opening his way through the traffic along the main street. They reached the crime set minutes later. Takeru hadn't arrived yet and so, Sora and Taichi began to examine the cadaver. "Young female, about nineteen." Taichi replied as he looked at the girl hanged by the neck. "Same cuts, same procedure. No doubly the same person." He resumed. Sora nodded in agreement.

While they waited for Takeru to arrive, they continued searching around for clues, when a lot of commotion near the police line made them turn around to see what was going on. Sora followed by Taichi approached the site where a bunch of cops tried to control some reporters that tried by all means entering and taking pictures. As they approached they were filled around by journalists for the television, some live, and papers. From between the crowd, Sora noticed an old lady that tried desperately to approach some cops, but the she was being pushed by all the reporters around and she couldn't.

Sora tried herself to get out of there and got talk to the old lady. She could have been a potential witness and she couldn't loose an opportunity like that. Unfortunately for her and Taichi the reporters had them completely surrounded and kept shouting questions that obviously they couldn't answer. "Do you have any clue of who's behind this crimes?" "We have information that the killer is a female, can you confirm that?" "What measures are being taken to prevent more killing?" Taichi raised his hands and tried to calm the reporters around him but it was turning to be a very hard job. "We cannot give those sort of information and we would thanks that you would leave the place and let us work." He tried once more, but his voice was engulfed by the hunger of information of the madly reporters.

He glanced over to see where Sora was, and noticed that she was trying to get away from the reporters in the direction of an old lady that had fallen to the floor. He then watched as she clenched her fists. "Oh no!!" was all he could say. Sora was getting angry by all of those cameras and reporters around her. one of the cameras was right in front of her and prevented her from going anywhere. She watched as the poor old lady fell to the floor pushed by one of the guys. She couldn't take it anymore. She clenched her fists and hit the camera, breaking the lens. The cameraman stepped back as the camera fell to the floor broken. The journalist tried to get a comment by that angry Detective, but all she could get was her micro broke in half. Only then the reporter began to disperse allowing the two cops, a female angry as well and a surprised male, walk over to an old lady on the floor that tried to get up. Once again they tried to surround them, but the police circled them and prevented them from doing it. Some of them smirked seeing the camera smashed on the floor along with the micro.

"Are you okay, ma'am?" Sora asked as she reached the lady. The old lady nodded and accepted her help to stand up. "I wanted to tell you that I saw someone exiting the building." The lady said. Taichi's and Sora's eyes opened widely at this new clue and accompanied the lady to the building where they sat her in a chair that Sora had gone to pick.

"So tell us, what have you seen?" Taichi asked. The lady started describing what she had seen while Sora took some notes. After fifteen minutes they were done interrogating her. "Look, you will have to go to the police station to make a deposition, okay?" Taichi replied. The woman nodded and smiled. "I just want to help." She said. Both Taichi and Sora thanked the lady her help and left her with another cop that took her to the police station right away.

Meanwhile, Takeru had finally arrived. He made his way to the now decreasingly crowd of journalists and stopped by the two. He glanced over to his next job and started to take off his winter gloves and put his plastic ones as he examined the death woman. "Do I need to say anything?" he asked taking standing up and staring at Taichi and Sora. They exchanged looks. "Actually we needed to know the hour of the death." Sora replied. Takeru blinked an eye to her and leaned himself over the victim again. He watched her pupils and the dry blood over her body.

"I would say, between seven and eight in the morning probably." He replied. Then he took his gloves and stuffed them into a nearby bag containing other things of the same kind. "Then, I guess that's all." Taichi said. "Give me anything if you have, okay?" Takeru nodded and left. But just when he was about to leave, Hikari along with her photos' camera popped in. "Hey, Takeru." She called out for him. The three of them glared at her.

"What?" Hikari asked playing innocent. "Oh, c'mon you guys. If I didn't take advantage of having a forensic doctor for husband and a policeman for brother along with a life savvier for friend…" she blinked an eye to Sora that watched her surprised. Life savvier? Friend? I don't get it. She has me in a high spot and I didn't save her, did I? she thought. "…to have a scoop as a journalist I would have to be mad, right?" she finished. Taichi and Takeru exchanged glances and then looked back to Hikari. "Oh, okay. I'm going." She said, but not before she had taken a single photo to the death body.

Takeru followed her and both of them started talking about how Hikari had a nasty way to always get into trouble every time she put herself into investigating something. Taichi eyed the two lovebirds with a smile on his face. He then looked over to Sora that remained silently watching the two leaving. She then looked to Taichi with a confused look. "What?" he asked approaching her.

"What does your sister means by life savvier? I didn't save her life." She explained him as they both headed for the car. Taichi opened the door and entered followed by Sora. He smirked. "Well, in a way, if it wasn't for you, they could have found her and you saved MY life." He replied. "I think that's what she means."

Sora then remembered the episode. She could feel Taichi's gaze over her. She had saved his life, but he had saved her too. "I guess then we're even." She replied locking eyes with him. He smiled. "Yup, I guess we are." Taichi replied and only then he felt the urge to ask her. He didn't know why she had taken a bullet instead of him. He didn't know where she had came from. She just flew to him and it hit her. And bringing the issue to surface again, made him thought that she had never really told him what had actually happen. He had his hands on the steering wheel, but he allowed them to fall to his side as he turned to face her. She was looking through the window. "Why did you save me?" he asked.