Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Forever in Destiny ❯ Ch 1 In the Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
This fic, is inpspired by Lady Lemonade's Garden at Eve, and if you haven't read that yet, then you have really missed a good Takouji story. Anyway, my fic will not copy, all though it would seem so at some points. Anyway, I hope you will enjoy, this is a pure Takouji fic... I am not changing that pairing... If you have time and are really nice, please review! If you want to flame then review as well, and I hope I can be understanding and not evil back. The updates will come... irregular. This fic will probably have my slowest updates ever, but that is a quality thing. But i really wanted to try something special, all though I am writing very much Digimon at the moment. What have I done! Shitza Forever in Destiny Chapter 1
The Beginning
Did you know, that far beyond this world, far beyond the stars you can see, there is another community of weird creatures. Did you believe in dragons and did you think they have ever existed? Have you ever heard about the imaginary creatures that really do exist, such as vampires, trolls, demons and mermaids? Have you ever seen the unknown creatures? The winged Aquilas, the big and kind Raiki, the cold and small MistHimi or for the fact about the undying ghosts that looks alive, except they still don't possess a body of their own. What if all these strange creatures gathered in one place, on a sole island. Under the third star at the Ishida Galaxy. And what if, some of these creatures one day appear on top of your roof? Do you believe in ghosts? Do you believe in vampires? Do you believe that there are creatures with wings that aren't animals but more related to fairies? Have you ever seen the lonesome Raiki, a distant relation to demons, but in one way not as mischievous and evil. Where did things like the Atlantis go, and where did the people disappear to? Takuya Kanbara was nine when it all happened, and his life suddenly changed. His life, upon Earth, was by that time, not nice. His mother yelled at him, his father beat him and his brother never cared about him. Most of his days, he spent in his room, locked away from everything else. many days he would lie in his bed, dreaming about shadowy creatures with wings, claws and sharp fangs. In his mind, these creatures were his friends. Takuya didn't believe that these dreams would become real, they were all just fantasies, so one day, when he was nine, it came as a big shock to find out he had not only been dreaming. His parents had been working and his brother had disappeared to some friends. What did not surprise him more then to suddenly here a crash on the roof, and seconds later something came through the roof and landed on top of his bed, were he was lying. Whatever had landed upon his bed, he had shoulder length black hair that shifted slightly to blue. Blue eyes and a pale skin. he wore an emerald green tunic and loose black pants. He presented himself as Kimura Kouichi, a ghost as Takuya would put it, but still not. Kouichi did not have a body as he had died two hundred years ago, or something, but he still could touch, smell and eat. The problem was that food would go through him, but he still could taste. When his family would be home, Kouichi stayed in the dusty attic. But when his parents were out and Shinya would be gone, he returned to talk with the brunette. he always told stories, of his world called Nemorisa, or Monster City. It was a place for ghosts, ghouls and every foul creature that existed. He would tell him about his life there, about his friends. He had some weird friends, as ghosts wasn't specified as their own race as anyone could become a ghost after death. he told him about his friendship with The Ice folk, Wind people and the lonesome and big Raiki. He most often spoke of his family, for Kouichi knew he had once lived upon Earth, but due to his death disappeared to live upon Nemorisa for good. That if, he would be able to return. But no matter how many hours Kouichi would spent to think about things, he did not understand how he would be able to get home, so for three years he stayed under Takuya's roof. the brunette didn't mind. Takuya had never been allowed to go to school as his parents didn't care about him anymore. He didn't have any friends, except for Kouichi. Kouichi knew this and therefor he stayed, even if he hoped upon getting home one day he swore to bring Takuya with him. They had discussed this before, and if he would be able to, for Nemorisa had one simple rule about these matters. Humans were strictly forbidden at any cost. A rule that had been made up after the witch burning where witches being on holiday upon Earth, had been brutally killed for centuries just because some humans had in exchange seen the terror and magic upon Nemorisa. Still, Kouichi hoped he would be able to bend the rules. His father had a his post in politics and his mother was best friend with the Queen of the city. Maybe he could bend the rules, but he somehow knew he would never be able to do so. His father was strict and his mother was not to count on. But he wanted to help, no matter what, even if the ghost community would turn him upside down for the rest of his life, meaning forever. It started to go to late at night, and Takuya's parents were gone for tonight. The rest of the Kanbara family had gone to a weekend holiday, ignoring to bring their oldest son with them. It wasn't like Takuya cared anyway, at least he could spend more time with Kouichi. The ghost and human enjoyed themselves by playing games in the living room and watching TV. Kouichi especially enjoyed, to the brunette's dislike, to watch opera. It was probably since Kouichi was several years older and her grown up during the time of music and art. But still. There was always a fight going on between the two of them about the remote control. As yet another of these fights broke out, meaning Kouichi had pinned Takuya down by a fierce tickle attack. Takuya could not do much against Kouichi since his hands went through, yet Kouichi could do anything as long as he wanted it to. A shadow moved around the house. Kouichi suddenly sat up, feeling something was approaching. He did not really know what. It was the presence of something having entering his area. The ghost stood up and walked over to the window, sticking his head outside. Suddenly something yanked him out. Takuya was utmost alarmed when his friend suddenly disappeared through the window. The brunette hurried to the door, but stopped hearing voices outside. "I never thought you would come, what took you so long?" Kouichi said sounding unusually happy. "Like it matters, hurry up we have to leave. I don't want to stay here upon this rotting place anyway." a new voice said. This voice sounded a little more stern and serious then Kouichi's normally happy one. "Leave, hold on second Kouji. We cannot leave yet. Look, there is one thing..." "What, what have you don this time Kouichi?" The other voice asked, probably belonging to this Kouji, whoever it was. "It is just... I made a promise to a person to follow us back. He's..." "Then you will have to break that promise, unless you want to face our father when we get back. And believe me, after all this time looking for you, he will be even more upset and probably report you to your community. I've never heard of anything so pathetic!" this other, Kouji said. Kouichi sighed outside, he could actually hear it from inside. "Pathetic!" Kouichi said in shock. "I know what I will call pathetic, if I told father were you went for your last holiday. Oh, what was it again, a trip to the MistHimi mountain. Spending his time with the fair folk, Kouji, you are a vampire! I heard you got some fair warnings from your own community." "Knock it off!" "I don't think so. Kouji, your little scary attitude doesn't affect me when I know you are very soft for being what you are. So don't come saying how a ghost should be!" Takuya laughed, trying to soften it with his hand, but he failed awfully. Outside he could hear this... vampire, whose name seemed to be Kouji, moving towards the door. Takuya wasn't scared. Kouichi had told him dozens of times about the different people and being as adventurous as he was he didn't freak like normal people would. The door yanked open and a pale teen, the mirror of Kouichi, stared at him. The only real difference between the ghost and this vampire was Kouji's fangs and his longer hair. He also wore different clothes. A black long-sleeved shirt, black pants with a blood red belt. And a black cloak that slightly shifted into blue. Kouji glared at him and Takuya didn't know exactly what to say. "You mean this human, don't you?" he said to what Takuya obviously knew now, twin brother. You did not find the same similarities in other ways."You know it is not nice to eavesdrop." he said to Takuya, who stood rooted to the spot. Not for being scared, but he surely had not expected this. "Kouji, lay off!" Kouichi said warningly from behind. "Or you'd do what? Kill me? We are both dead brother, and it is not really like you would kill me, really." the vampire said, not taking his eyes from Takuya. "I hope you have fed brother, I am not offering my friends for meal." Kouichi said moving between the small space between Kouji and Takuya. The vampire however smiled, his fangs sticking out between his lips. "You have a really good taste brother!" he said eying Takuya from top to toe. Kouichi was slightly taken by shock before the vampire pushed his brother jokingly inside. Kouichi soared a few meters inside, through Takuya and landed on the floor. Takuya stepped back and let the vampire in, wondering what in the world was going on. "I can see why you spent three years in this rotten world, with such a delicious desert beside you." "You little..." Kouichi began, not sure of what to use for words. Kouji laughed as he attacked his brother. Compared to Takuya, Kouichi's brother could not pass through his brother seeing he was dead as well. Takuya closed the door behind him and sighed as the two brothers started to talk rather loudly. The brunette sat down in an armchair and fell asleep. How he could sleep in this noise however, was a mystery to them all. He didn't get to sleep for long however. Kouji and Kouichi soon noticed the lack of audience and Takuya was woken up by a warm hand shaking him. he opened his eyes to see Kouji bent over him. This confused the brunette even more, for what Kouichi had told him, all vampires were cold. Kouichi noticed his friends confused expression. "Oh, my dear little brother stands out. He is a Light vampire, stands out from the usual dark ones. He doesn't need to fear the sun like the normal kind you have heard stories about." he explained. Takuya nodded slowly. Indeed compared to Kouichi, his brother seemed to have a slightly more tan then the older twin. Which he probably only could have received from having been outside in the sun. Kouichi was dead and Takuya suspected nothing changed him because of that. Kouichi lay upon the sofa, and Kouji had moved away to lean to the wall. Takuya, now having been roughly awoken yawned and stretched. Kouji eyes the human with interest. he hadn't seen one for years to say. Takuya tried to ignore the vampire, but no matter where he stood it seemed as if Kouji's eyes followed him. But every time Takuya looked at him Kouji would look away. The twelve year-old boy sighed. That is how it all started. As his home suddenly became a resting place for all sorts of creatures. Mind you, Kouji stayed with his brother until the day Kouichi would agree to come home. But as far as it looked it took years. Kouichi stayed and thus Kouji never left. Takuya had received another friend, even though Kouji didn't open his mouth as frequently as Kouichi. The vampire preferred to stay quiet. For five whole years he had known Kouji. he had known Kouichi for eight years, almost half his life. He still had a miserable life, but he knew he could survive it because he had friends. Weird friends, but they were still friends. This is were the start of our story begins...
"Takuya! Takuya! You rotten damn child, where are you!" a female voice yelled making the roof fly. her cries however were meaningless as her oldest son wasn't home for the moment. Takuya had taken a walk to the park with Kouichi and Kouji following him. Kouichi had fun, since the ghost more choose which people that would see him. And to say, Kouichi could be annoying from time to time. Many of the picnic groups discovered this. Kouji was silent and kept his eyes to the ground. it was a really warm day and even though the vampire didn't have to fear the sun, he still didn't like the light. Takuya hummed under his breath. It was a beautiful summer day and it brought a lot of fun with it. At least for Takuya. He was outside, the sun was shining. his family was no near to beat him today. Life seemed for once, perfect! Kouichi laughed having stolen the picnic from a lovesick pair. Kouji eyes his brother wondering what the older ghost twin was thinking. But he should have known. The older twin soon found a more quiet spot to rest, hidden behind thick trees and stones. The three of them sat down on the grass and relaxed. Kouichi and Takuya helped themselves, this wasn't the first time Kouichi had stolen food from somewhere else. Kouji did not join in, all though he felt disgusted watching the two of them, especially his own brother. Being a ghost the food went through and landed on the grass. Kouji sighed before walking off to find his own meal. He surely did, a few mice and a nice nest of birds. Kouji did not have to feed on human if he didn't need to. All though human blood tasted a little better then animal blood, but he knew Takuya would be disgusted if he returned wiping human blood from his mouth. The human had, in his opinion, some weird manners. Kouji eagerly dipped his fangs into the creatures licking the blood from them. His mind went back to his own world and for a brief moment something clicked to his mind. It had been years ever since he had been home. He was meant to go and fetch his brother, but seeing as it was, Kouichi would not leave, maybe not for all eternity. A few ghosts had stayed upon this world since the found their ways. The White Lady haunted several towers and old castles, the headless masters roamed the graveyards and don't forget about the endless amount of myths based upon ghosts, or really all sorts of creatures. Count Dracula, Bigfoot, who happened to be a decedent to the MistHimi, angels that were really just Aquilas on vacation... the list seemed to be endless. Kouji shrugged and decided to head back. Kouichi was having fun with the mortal human and seemed to be making Takuya go mad. Still, the brunette was laughing which made Kouji smile watching them. Now why would he do that? Through his life he never cared about being happy. His brother was the hyper one of them. Kouji was the steel warrior in their family, to take after their dead father's honor. How could one human affect him like that? It made no sense. The only time he even allowed himself to laugh it would be to torture his dead brother. Kouichi was tickling Takuya in a merciless fight. Takuya lay on the ground, laughing madly. The ghost laughed and didn't go away. Not until he felt someone drag him up. "Kouji, that is so unfair!" he complained trying to fight his brother. Kouji smiled, something he only did when he was alone or when he was teasing his brother. Kouichi fought the best he could, but could not escape. Takuya sat watching them, laughing loudly. It didn't seem to have been so long ago they had left the house, but suddenly Kouichi nudged the brunette to go home. Takuya looked at his, half broken watch and sighed. Kouichi was right. It had been hours since the left the house and if he would be any more late his father would lock him up again. The three of them walked back to the house. Takuya tried to keep his mood up, but the way home was always long for him. Sometimes he only wished that the sun would never go down. Back home his father did indeed hit him before he was sent to bed, without any dinner. Takuya moaned as he walked to his room, with aching steps. Kouichi and Kouji had taken the window way, like they usually did whenever they got home, but to his surprise the two of them had sneaked down to his room. Kouichi floated towards the bathroom to get some bandages and lotions for all the new bruises and cuts. Takuya had been beaten by his father's belt. The ghost helped the brunette to clean most of the wounds. Takuya removed his shirt, only to reveal dozens of scars and bruises he had received. Kouji looked away, the sight nearly made him vomit. It was disgusting, even for a vampire, to see a human beaten this badly. Vampires most often had another way to approach their prey, but they never used physical fighting to achieve their goal. Takuya thanked the ghost before pulling back his shirt. Kouji was allowed to look again as the brunette lay down upon his bed, to soon fall asleep. Kouichi shrugged and went back to the attic, to find something to do. Kouji stayed for a few moments. His hand went to touch Takuya's soft hair, his cheek and then his mouth. For the five years he had stayed in this world, the vampire still had not left. Even if he would hate to admit it by himself, there was something about the brunette that... well... it was something special about him. Kouji did not know how to explain this... feeling... this fullness he felt. Even if he rarely spoke many words with him, Kouichi did most of the talking anyway. Kouji put a finger on the brunette's lips, feeling how soft they were. His finger tingled and he quickly removed it, feeling a warm blush appear on his cheeks. He was happy that the brunette was asleep. Kouichi had put a sleeping spell on his so he would not have to worry about him waking up. Kouji bent forward slightly, feeling Takuya's calm breath upon his face. The space between them seemed to disappear for every second and a new world seemed to open for the vampire. But the vampire stopped, getting caught in his own action. Startled he moved away and headed out to the night. What was happening to him? What was going on? Inside Takuya slept peacefully, not knowing what was close upon happening. A star fell up in the night sky. A wish for the silent prayers.
And thus, the days continued for him. For some unknown reason, the beatings got worse and worse. Takuya did not know why at first, until he saw the bottles of strong alcoholic drinks in the dustbins all over the house. he tried to flee, but never could. Some days he could not move because his back hurt as it did. He could not run, where would he go? The pain would simply go on. It was September and the brunette was close upon giving up. He had stolen a razor from his father and proceeded by taking his life. The blade cut through his skin, blood flowing from it. A sign of relief fell upon the dying teen. He had not counted however, that there were some, who did not want to see him dead. It had almost been to late for the two of them. But the smell of his blood could not be mistaken. Vampires mostly recognized others by their smell of blood. Most often it was faint, but to Kouji's surprise a wave suddenly erupted filling his nostrils. He and his brother hurried to find Takuya on the brim of darkness. It lay no laws around humans and help, all though most creatures, for example the witches, had warned everyone for doing it. But the two twins knew if they did not do anything then Takuya would be dead before long. Kouichi put the teen into a sleeping spell while Kouji moved Takuya's wrists to his mouth. As well as the intention to kill, Light vampires could heal if there was need for. Kouji put the wrist to his mouth and flicked his tongue over the cut. This time it was no thinking about manners or what would be right or wrong. The cut healed and he did that same with the other wrist. Thankfully they had arrived before anything bad had really happened. The two of them nodded towards each other thinking the same. The brunette would not be able to stay... Even though, they would break a hundred laws... They would need to... Take him with them... Kouji put the sleeping teen to his back. Kouichi nodded and two beams shot down at them. It was the transport Kouji had ordered for them, to their journey home. A journey that had been delayed for several years. The sounds of roars, the screaming banshee, the gurgling from monsters that had been untold. A kitsune fox jumped from tree to tree, an Aquila with long blond hair flew through the night. Snow clashed with fire in a fearful fight. They were home again... TBC