Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Friday Night ❯ A Night at the Movies ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Authors Note: This is my first fic. So if it's not good give me the benefit of the doubt.

Disclaimer: One thing I've learned in my life is that if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's not a damn Mongoose... I mean I don't own Digimon...

Oh and an important note: I'm going to change the description of Izumi's eyes. Hey, they do it in the show, Green to Blue, blah blah blah.

-----

Monday Morning, 7:20 AM

16 year old Takuya Kanbara stared at the idly empty seat across from him.

He hated it when it was empty. Takuya was riding the bus, as he did everyday, looking at the seat across the aisle. Of course it wasn't usually empty. Just today.

"I wish she was here." He mumbled to himself.

Everyday he and Izumi would sit in the back seats of the bus because, well, they were usually on it first. Ever since they're adventures from the Digital World ended, Takuya and Izumi became the best of friends. They had eventually given up on all their fights, well most of them.

A couple months after they got back, Izumi's parents moved a block away from Takuya. So it wasn't exactly hard to get ahold of each other. Gradually, as the years went by, they became closer and closer.

Everybody in their grade knew they like each other. Of course, Takuya and Izumi, as stubborn as they are, they would never say a word about it. Most people would say (Especially Kouji) 'They would make such a great couple.' and 'Why aren't you guys going out?'. But Takuya and Izumi, eventually getting very frustrated, would merely say that they were just friends. So everyday they would sit across form each other and no one would object, knowing that they are perfect for each other.

But today was different. The seat was empty.

Kouji who sat in front of Izumi's normal seat shot his friend a worried glance but he seemed dazed and missed the concerned gesture. Kouji turned to Hiromi, who sat across from him. Much to Izumi's relief, after being surrounded by guys, they had met Hiromi in middle school. It was obvious that Kouji and Hiromi liked each other but the stubbornness of their friends rubbed off on them and when somebody brought it up they would simple change the subject.

"What happened?" Hiromi mouthed, her questioning crystal like eyes looking straight into Kouji's dark blue ones.

He shrugged. "All I know is that they went to the movies on Friday." He took another look at Takuya.

He was still in the same position, except his eyes were now almost closed, a loud yawn escaping his lips. Takuya was sitting staring at her seat. The same seat that everyday he would see a beautiful pair of aquamarine eyes, that could some times be misleading, and beautiful golden locks. And now she was gone.

'It's all my fault.' Takuya thought to himself. 'I AM SO STUPID!'

-----Flashback-----

"Hey Mrs. Orimoto." Takuya smiled stepping in as Izumi's mother opened the door.

Izumi's mom looked exactly like her daughter, same hair, same facial features, except her eyes. Izumi's mom had the most beautiful violet eyes. Izumi's amazing eyes were inherited from her father. Mr. Orimoto was a tall burly man. Black wavy hair, a very well defined body and of course a set distinguished eyes.

"Hello Takuya. I'll get Izumi one minute. Make yourself comfortable." She disappeared off into the hallway upstairs. He didn't find himself uncomfortable at all. This was, basically, his home away from home. Takuya nodded.

A minute passed when when Mrs. Orimoto came back down and told him,"You can go upstairs. She'll be a minute." He smiled and headed upstairs. He knocked on the door a couple times and waited for an answer.

"Come in." he heard Izumi yell.

When he walked in he was welcomed by a light purple room with many of framed pictures. Some of them normal photographs and some of them hand drawn. The pictures were of Him, Junpei, Kouji, Tomoki, Bokomon, Neemon, Izumi, a still slightly smaller collection of Hiromi and tonnes of Digimon.

A year after she moved down the block, Izumi had started to draw about their adventures in the Digital World, after she was given a copy of the dictionary that Bokomon had. (I'm saying he gave it to her before they left) It started with a simple picture of Kazemon and it grew... a lot. She had drawn pictures of everything in that world. From a simple digiegg to their ancient forms. She'd always re-draw them and give them away to others but she kept the originals.

He was looking at a picture of Jetsilphymon, when the real Warrior of Wind came out. He hadn't noticed her yet so she snuck behind him and... tickled him.

Not her most ruthless attack, but it worked.

"Ahhh stop- you-win-come on" He managed to say between laughs. She stopped and just giggled a bit. He always smiled when she did this. She just had the kind of laugh that made you want to smile, or at least that's what he thought. When he would explain this to Shinya, he just seemed to stare at him weirdly and run...

"So we going or are you just gonna stand there and smile all day?" She asked, breaking him out of his daze.

"I don't know smiling is pretty fun." She just rolled her eyes and took a glance at the clock on the wall.

"Come on we're gonna miss the movie." She grabbed his wrist and they ran down the stairs. "Bye Mom!" Izumi called as the took off out the door.

"Bye sweetie. Bye Takuya."

"Bye Mrs. O." Takuya yelled still being dragged by the blonde girl. About two blocks later she eventually slowed down, for Takuya.

It was kind of chilly but they didn't mind it much. Takuya was wearing a long white sleeved shirt over top and cargo pants, his little fashion statement that he had modeled in the Digital world hung around his neck, while Izumi was wearing matching jeans and a jean jacket covering a white shirt and a necklace that had the spirit of wind which was purple. The chain and the outline of the symbol were both gold. Takuya had given her this when they graduated and she'd only take it off when she was forced too.

They walked the rest of the way laughing and talking about miscellaneous stuff not caring about anything except each other and the repetitive things Takuya kept bumping into. The Theatre was only two blocks away when they saw, Junpei. He wasn't the same as he was when they were all first introduced. He had become nicer and ever so slightly less irritating. He had lost a lot of weight but was still a bit husky.

"Hi Izumi. Hey Takuya. So what are doing with Izumi? " He asked in complete mock innocence.

Takuya sweat dropped. Junpei was always getting jealous of Izumi and Takuya's 'closeness' and it really starting to bug them. Junpei still hadn't given up on Izumi. 'Of course I wouldn't have either' Takuya thought.

"Hey Junpei, we're going to go see a movie." Izumi said.

"Can I come too?" Junpei asked.

Takuya was about to answer but Izumi cut him off. "Sure we're going to go see uh that new movie, you know with the... puppy's." Takuya looked over at her with a confused look, but she just gave him a small wink. "So how about we get the snacks and you run and get us some good seats." Her voice was absolutely dripping sweetness.

"Sure Izumi." With that, the infamous Warrior of Thunder darted down the street.

"You're good." Takuya said to Izumi laughing a bit when he watched Junpei disappear into the theatre.

"It took you five years to realize that?" She gave him a questioning look.

He gave another laugh and lightly shoved her. He wrapped his arms around her from behind, causing a light shade of pink flushing over her face, saying, "You are absolutely evil." His breathe tickling her ear, causing a small shiver to run through her spine.

"Hey!" She said defending herself. "We all have our own talent. Mine just happens to be manipulating people. Excuse me for being gifted." He just laughed again and joined the slightly older teenager at her side. Both of them immediately missing the warmth.

When they reached the theatre they decided to go to a new action movie Pirates of the Caribbean. After they got the tickets and snacks Takuya could have swore that he saw Junpei tiredly walk into the theatre number six. As the movie started the lights dimmed and the blasting sounds of the previews echoed through out the room. As the real movie started she affectionally laid her head on his shoulder. He just smiled and placed his right cheek on top of her head, smelling the sweet strawberry scent of her hair. He could definitely get used to this.

On the way home they looked up at the stars. It was a clear night so you could see them perfectly. They stopped at Izumi's house. "See ya later Izumi." Takuya said. He turned to leave but Izumi gently grabbed his arm, causing him to turn.

He was met bye a warm smile that formed on Izumi's lips as she said, "Thanks."

"For what?"

"For everything." She responded, her voice emphasizing a 'duh' tone, rolling her eyes. Another smile from her smile brought one to his own mouth. (A lot of freaky smiling going on here, isn't there?)

He looked deep into her eyes and took his chance. Slowly, ever so slowly, as if asking permission, he gently moved his head towards hers. She just kind of stood there, loving the feeling of his breathe against her lips. She wanted this, Hell would most certainly freeze over before she would object. Their faces met. Takuya could feel his head swimming. The taste of her peach lip gloss intoxicated his mind. He felt her press harder against his pale lips. Takuya matched it the best he could. Their first kiss, though was in the Digital World. Of course both of them deny anything as much as hug, they would just keep it to themselves.

Takuya's right hand found it's way behind her ear, as his thumb lightly rubbed against her cheek. A loud crack of thunder in the distance barely fazed the couple. Then he felt it. A small little drop of water spread against the finger that still lingered on the side of her face. His body froze. It was a tear. Her head pulled back from his, as her eyes stayed firmly locked on the ground. He looked at her dumbfounded. The slender blonde girl turned, still not daring to crane her head, as another small crackle of thunder in the distance made Takuya jump.

Her lips moved wordlessly, before turning and somewhat gliding up to the door, not daring to make a sound louder than her footsteps hitting against the hard pavement. Her hand started to shake as it reached the brass knob. He could hear her. She was trying desperately to choke back sobs. In an instant all Takuya could see is a flash of a yellow light, then the oak door slamming shut.

He stood there. Staring. Staring almost angrily at the in-animate wooden object, that blocked him from her. He turned and started walking home, what else could he do? A few droplets of water fell from the sky, before turning into a light drizzle, then... BANG! The thunder made Takuya give another small jump, as the water started pouring down. Finally reaching his house, now drenched, Takuya opened the door. Turning to look at the street, which was now hardly seeable through the rain, he sighed.

-----End Of Flashback-----

'Why did I kiss her?' The thought continued to run through his mind. He continued to stare blankly at the seat across from him.

Rubbing his eyes, Takuya looked though window behind him. The rain started to slow down. It had been raining all weekend, and it didn't look like it would stop anytime soon. The brown haired boy could feel the watchful gazes of his friends on him, so he tried to act casual as he slipped into the empty seat. His eyes scanned the world outside the murky window He looked to his left and could see the school.

Yawning again he looked to his right. And, something caught his eye. A girl. A row of tree's sheltered her from the rain, but pieces of her hair were still clinging to her face.

"Izumi..." Takuya breathed. The bus continued to whiz past, quickly making the blonde girl smaller and smaller.

-----

That's all so far. Read and Review. And, if you don't, I'll pull some strings and, well, enjoy your pets while you can!

AlannaBanana