Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Friday Night ❯ Monday's Suck ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

*RE-WRITTEN* Okay the last chapter sucked... Oh well heres chapter two. Like I said I'll try and fix the Junpei Bashing from the last chapter, not that anyone really cares....

Sorry, Don't own Digimon, If I did, I probably would have been tricked into giving it to another random FF.Net writer who is far more devious than me.

-----

Izumi let out a small sigh as the blue and white city bus passed her. She knew Takuya was watching her, but she just couldn't look at him. She spent the whole weekend staring blankly at her homework.... Not actually doing it, of course, until the last minute. A loud crack of thunder didn't seem to stir her as she pushed some of her golden locks behind her ear, another drawling sigh escaping her lips.

'That kiss was unbelievable.' She thought to herself, as her hand continued to tousle through her hair. Her fingers lightly traced her lips. 'But...' She was cut off by some fast approaching footsteps and someone calling out her name. She instantly whirled around to see Kouichi running straight at her, an umbrella in his hand. She smiled, for the first time in days, and stopped for her older friend.

As soon as Kouichi caught up to her he stopped to catch his breath. Kouichi hadn't changed much form when they first met. He was still caring, kind and definitely cute. The sixteen year-old and his brother had become quite the heart-throb of their class, with their jet black hair and deep navy eyes (Of course, Hiromi had a protective watch over Kouji). But, Izumi hadn't thought of either of them in a more-than-a-friend kind of way.

"I've been calling your name for, like three blocks, and why are you walking?" He asked gasping for air, eyeing the smaller girl. Kouichi always walked for some reason.

"Just felt like walking." The words came out, before she could think of a better excuse.

He looked at her with disbelieving eyes. She frowned and looked out towards the street, watching as cars passed them. He knew perfectly well that it was about Takuya. Back in middle school, before they had met Hiromi, Takuya had his first girlfriend. She was almost perfect for him. She loved all the same things, and was really athletic. Izumi didn't know what to do. So she went to the only person she knew wouldn't make fun of her, Kouichi. He was the first one she ever admitted to, that she like Takuya. So whenever she wanted to talk about Takuya she went straight to the raven haired boy. Kouchi, who never objected, would give her the best advice he could.

"Wanna talk about it?" He offered her putting his umbrella over them.

She shook her head. "I can barely comprehend this. I just," She sighed.

He cut her off by nodding comfortingly. They walked in silence. Complete and utter awkward silence. Izumi's eyes continued to stare at the wet pavement. After a couple minutes, the bottom of a chain-link fence came into view, signalling to her that she had reached her school. After thanking Kouichi, she ran off to the changing rooms, outside the gym.

-----

Takuya's eyes were plastered on a picture inside his blue locker. His eyes continued to stare the two people in it. A small thirteen year-old girl with blonde hair and bright eyes, and a boy with brown hair and an energetic face. They were covered with whipped cream, chocolate/caramel/butterscotch sauce with many other delectable things covering their body. A small smile formed on his lips as he closed his locker. His eyes now closed as he exhaled. He opened them to find, the Warrior of Thunder himself, Junpei.

His voice raised, the older boy shouted, "You are the most-" Takuya cut him off as a couple of heads turned in their direction.

"Listen, Junpei I'm-"

But the Thunder Warrior kept on going, "Best friend a guy could ever have!"

Takuya stood there, his mouth slightly agape. He thought Junpei would be steamed. Junpei noticed his confused face and continued on.

"Well after your little juvenile prank, I met the coolest, and hottest, girl ever!. After I went into the movie, which was surprisingly helpful for my social project, Kanomi Rae was there! Seeing a somewhat friendly face she came and sat next to me and we started talking. We found out that we have tons in common, then after the movie we went out for coffee and I asked her out again and she said, she'd love to!"

"Cool, Junpei, and I'd really love to hear more about you're little teen-drama soap opera, but I have Math. I'll see you later." He turned to leave, but Junpei asked him one more question that had a hint of jealousy in his voice.

"How was your date with, Izumi?" Takuya froze.

"Absolutely fantastic." He muttered, barely audible to Junpei.

"Taku-"

"Junpei honey, you coming?" Junpei was interrupted by someone, he turned to see Kanomi, smiling sweetly. He smiled back and took another glance back and barely saw Takuya, before he was swallowed by the crowd of students.

-----

Izumi changed and met the other girls in her Phys. Ed. class, just in time, before the teacher, Mrs. Kasowgi announced that they'd be running today, earning her a disappointed groan from the class. Running in P.E. It was weird. Many groups of friends scattered through out the gymnasium, all going at the same pace. But today, was different. A lone girl was ahead of the class, lapping some of the slower students. Izumi just felt like a 'lone wolf' today. It seemed to suit her for right now. Usually she was a normal kind of runner, staying back and talking with her friends as they dragged themselves around the gym, sleep still bugging their systems. But, she was alone, and she didn't care, she was trying to keep her mind completely blank. Of everything.

She sped up a bit more. Of course it was hard. She couldn't stop thinking about Takuya. Not her normal pre-pubescent like crush thoughts, but the kiss. She was now way ahead of everyone. They kept running in their giant oversized gym, everyone amazed at the blonde girls speed. She went a bit faster. 'Takuya'. The word raced through her mind. She couldn't think of anything else. She tried music, clothes and even her stupid old posters of what she used to think were 'cute' boys, anything to get him out of her head, but nothing worked. She was on the verge of tears. She went faster.

Now she had almost caught up to Hiromi and the others from behind. She went even faster. She was about to cry when she passed the other girls in the class. She closed her eyes tightly trying to block out the rain like tears, although some managed to squeeze through, but she still tried to hide tears from Hiromi's soft face which now looked absolutely petrified, like the other girls, at how fast she was running.

She took a quick glance at Mrs. Kasowgi they're gym teacher. She looked shocked as her eyes darted up and down for the stopwatch in her hand to the slender girl. She just ran. That's all she could do right now. She knew very well that she running in a circle wasn't the best way to hide from your problems, but she tried to run all of the thoughts of him out of her head. Once again she ran past the girls, all of the groups now had completely stopped an just continued to gawk at her speed.

As the buzzer sounded Izumi stopped. She just stood there her hands on her knees, her hair veiling her face. She brought up her left hand and cleared her face of the few remaining tears. She finally looked up at the people staring at her, giving the same look back. She hadn't realized how fast she had gone. She sheepishly scratched the back of her head, not knowing what to do.

She looked up again an spotted Hiromi in a second. She had the same eyes that she saw on Kouchi this morning. They're eyes locked. Izumi looked away and started to walk towards the middle of the gymnasium as the teacher called out her name.

"Izumi, you broke the school record!" Mrs. Kasowgi exclaimed.

The class cheered, all except one who was staring intently as Izumi's emerald eyes tried desperately not to make contact with her own. It took a minute for the news to sink in, but Izumi, who was still panting, could feel a slight blush came to her face. Her mouth was now completely dry.

"You're looking kinda pale, Izumi.," One of the girls in her class said, "You should probably get some water."

"Oh yes. Go ahead Izumi. And take this to the principle while your out." Mrs. Kasowgi handed her a piece of paper with the time of Izumi's running printed neatly in the middle. Izumi smiled and took the paper.

For a couple seconds she locked eyes with Hiromi's. Her face looked uncharacteristically serious. Izumi put on a small smile with softened eyes finishing off with her famous puppy dog face. This just made Hiromi close her eyes and let out a small sigh of frustration, placing her forward on the tips of her fingers. She opened them again, with her crystal eyes looking up, she smiled back. She knew that she would always be there for her friend, and she would always be there for her.

-----

Takuya sighed looking passed the creepy kid with greenish-purple hair, and out the window to his right, his right hand on his cheek not paying attention to whatever the teacher was saying. 'Is this French or Science?' He asked himself.

"Takuya! 'Math.' "Hmmm?" He snapped back to see the teacher staring at him.

"Well Mr. Kanbara could you please awnser the question. Since you've undoubtedly been paying attention."

A couple of girls giggled at Takuya's confused look. He looked at the board the question was: 9a + 8bv. Usually when your sixteen this stuff was easy, since it was, in fact, grade eight work. But everything seemed harder when Takuya was put on the spot. 'Well, they're trying to make it easy.' Takuya thought. The teacher was still standing beside him.

He looked up the row, to see Kouji, Kouichi sitting next to him. He was holding a piece of paper. "41?" Takuya read out loud.

"That's... correct." The teacher said disdainfully. "Good job, Takuya."

'Thanks.' He mouthed to Kouji. Kouji nodded and wrote something on the back of the paper. 'Meet us for lunch', It read a small arrow pointing towards his twin. Takuya nodded. Then something caught his eye. Izumi was walking past the door, in the hall. He just stared at her. The yellow shade from the lights illuminated the beads of sweat were running down her face. He knew that she had just come from gym class because she had her gym clothes on, and the fact that he had memorized her schedule helped too.

He sighed and looked at the board. Kouji turned to see Takuya. He just moved his head from the door to the board. 'Wait. Takuya doesn't look at the board.' Kouji thought staring at the brown haired boy. The fact that Takuya had managed to get to grade ten, surprised him. He turned his head to the door and caught a glimpse of golden hair.

"Excuse me, sir." Kouji asked. The teacher turned and looked for the voice, his eyes landed on Kouji. "May I get a drink?"

"Fine, but hurry up" The teacher grunted, turning back to the board. Kouji swiftly walked out the door to see Izumi down the hall at the water fountain. So he quietly walked over. Izumi was watering her parched throat, she hadn't yet noticed that Kouji was standing beside her.

"Ahhh!" Izumi yelled as she saw a piercing stare come from Kouji's navy eyes.

"Why have you been avoiding Takuya?" Kouji asked in a firm tone.

"Kouji where did you come fr-"

"Why have you been avoiding Takuya?" Kouji repeated. Izumi just stared, her eyes were full of anger. She and Kouji had never exactly been the best of friends but they were, no doubt about that. But anger and frustration just seemed to coarse through her veins, as she stared at the black haired boy. She had felt like this before. It was like when she fought Ranamon. Of course, she would never compare Kouji to the un-purified Ranamon, but her mind wouldn't stop.

"It's none of your business!" She stated firmly ready to turn and walk away. But Kouji grabbed her forearm and looked her in the eyes.

"It's my business if two of my closest friends are about to throw away a friendship that only comes once in a lifetime for one night at the movies. I don't know what happened but you better damn well not hurt him!" His voice came out in a growl.

They just stood there for a moment, until Izumi finally spoke up. "You... you..." She was struggling to find words that wouldn't end her friendship Kouji. So she chose to keep them subtle. "You have no idea what you're talking about, Minamoto." she managed to finally say, through gritted teeth. With that Izumi roughly pulled her arm from Kouji's grasp and continued walking, heading towards the office.

She didn't know why she had gotten to angry at Kouji. She didn't know why his simple questions made her that angry. She never really got that mad anymore. Especially not like that. 'Why did I get so mad?' Izumi questioned herself. After all he was just trying to help. She sighed. She seemed to be sighing a lot lately.

Kouji watched as Izumi walked into the principle's office. He had never heard Izumi that angry. He pictured those emerald green eyes that looked so mad. They looked like they were burning with anger. He had never seen her like that, and hopefully never would. He pictured the green orbs again and shuddered. Turning around he headed back towards his class. As soon as he walked in the bell rang, signalling an hour of more 'fun' to begin. He and Takuya walked out. Kouji started walking to his next class which he had with his brother and Hiromi.

"See you at lunch." Takuya said, his eyes locked on the floor, heading towards his History class.

Takuya's eyes misted over slightly... His next class was with Izumi.

-----

DUN DUN DUNNN! Not much of a cliffhanger but, oh well. ^__^ Well that's all so far. I hope this chapter is better than the last. And I might have a bit of Tomoki in the next chapter, because he'd be fourteen, right. I know a lot of parts were really corny but... Well I haven't got an excuse. It'll come to me.

AlannaBanana