Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Friends and Lovers ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Friends and Lovers

Ssj_hotaru

Chapter One

Yamato concentrated hard to hear what Mimi was saying over the loud rock music, but he found between the noise and the scantily clad women, he just couldn't keep his mind on her career choices. Actually, it was really only one scantily clad woman; a red head in a revealing black dress that sat only ten feet away at the bar and was easily holding court to three avid men. More like boys really, he thought in disgust, noting the baggy pants and adolescent haircuts. What could a woman like that find desirable about them?

He allowed his gaze to travel from the top of her fiery head; her hair styled to look mussed and windblown, to her creamy white shoulders. Either she wasn't naturally red haired or she was lucky enough to escape freckles. Sliding down her body, he couldn't help but notice the way the clingy fabric emphasized her tiny waist and slightly flared hips, there wasn't much on top, but he didn't care because he couldn't seem to take his eyes off her legs. Was she wearing garters or pantyhose? Maybe she wasn't wearing anything under than dress but her own soft skin.

He couldn't believe it, he hadn't been this turned on just by looking at a woman since he was in high school. Usually there was just enough sexual lure that he was interested, but it wasn't until things got serious that he felt any stirring. But at the moment he'd have problems walking if he had to. The strange woman across the room was really something else, it was almost as if he knew her from somewhere, as though-

"Yamato, you're not listening to me!" Mimi's voice, whining from across the booth, brought him back to where he was. He flashed an apologetic smile at her before gesturing to her if she wanted another drink. She shook her head and looked at him closely before sliding around to his side, the friction of her hot pink, leather miniskirt against the leather of the seat could be heard even above the music. If any other woman had made the same move, Yamato would have thought she was coming on, but not Mimi, if there was anything he'd learned since he'd started seeing her, it was that although the girl loved to tease and flirt, she wouldn't know how to perform a sexual overture if someone gave her step by step instructions.

"Are you feeling okay?" She asked as the noise died for a moment, gently laying the back of her hand against his cheek. "You look flushed." He couldn't believe she could see that well with how dark it was in the building, but he removed her hand from his face and smiled at her.

"I'm fine, just-" A familiar laugh drifted to him from the bar - he knew that laugh! Turning so fast he nearly broke his neck; he focused on the redhead, her brown eyes dancing merrily and her full lips stretched into a smile that showed her small teeth, particularly one tooth that had been chipped when a soccer ball had hit her in the face when she was younger. Sora.

Without thinking, ignoring Mimi's startled voice as she called to him; Yamato marched the ten feet separating him from Sora and shoved the boys aside. Her brown eyes widened slightly as they looked up into his angry blue ones and she opened her mouth to speak but he didn't give her time. With a furious glare at the people staring, he grabbed her by her upper arm and dragged her through the crowd towards the restrooms.

Shoving her against the wall, He retreated a safe distance away and tried to find the words to express how angry he was.

"What are you doing here!" Seemed as good a start as any.

"I came to have some fun. What's it to you anyway!"

Speechless, Yamato felt the flames of fury burning and searched for a way to express it.

"Just because other women drool over you doesn't mean you can lord it over me Yamato Ishida! I don't worship you! I have a life!"

"What were you planning in there Sora?" He demanded softly, his fists clenched at his sides as he attempted to control the urge to dig his fingers into her shoulder and shake her until she told him.

"Exactly what it looked like!" She replied, but her eyes skittered sideways away from his.

Stepping forward, he buried his hand in her red, red hair and pulled her head back so her slim neck was arched, he glared down at her. "Look at me and say that again." He growled his top lip curling away from his teeth in rage.

"I-I…can't." He loosened his grip in her hair, but didn't remove his hand. The girl never could pull off a lie, but her admission, said in such a small voice, made him want to hold her in his arms and apologize for being so cruel. Looking down into her upturned face, still held at that odd angle, He was reminded suddenly of what he'd been thinking before he found out who he'd been thinking about. Slowly, watching her eyes watching him, he took her mouth with a hunger that stunned him.

******

Sora couldn't believe what was happening, Yamato was actually kissing her! All her anger at his highhanded manner disserted her as she focused on what he was doing to her lips. When she'd cut her dress to her thighs and styled her hair she'd imagined turning his head as soon as she walked in, not sitting at a bar stool pretending interest in three brainless boy/men. Her anger had built as he'd continued to ignore her and she was beginning to fear she'd have to beat her three wannabe lovers off and make a run for it- but now here she was, pressed against a wall with Yamato's hand tangled in her hair and his mouth crushing her lips against her teeth. Thank God she'd come!

Sora lifted her hands and placed them lightly on his shoulders, unsure of what she was supposed to do, and let the kiss carry her away. The things the man could do with a kiss! When he took her bottom lip between his teeth, she felt her knees start to shake and clutched at his shirt to keep from falling. His warm breath exhaled over her face in one short burst as he released her lips in a chuckle. Gently removing his hand from her hair, he took both her smaller ones and looped them around his neck, but Sora couldn't seem to take her eyes off his mouth. His lips, usually skin colored, were now swollen and red from the pressure of their kiss and at that moment Sora wanted nothing in the world more than to pull his mouth back down on hers and do all those things he'd done to her.

As though he could see her thoughts, Yamato gave her the lopsided smile she'd seen him give other girls and pressed her harder against the wall with his hands on her stomach.

"You're killing me in that dress." He whispered against her mouth as his hands started to inch upwards until they encircled her ribcage, his thumbs just beneath her breasts.

Trembling in anticipation, Sora arched up towards him, wanting his mouth on hers with an intensity that would have scared her if she'd had any mind left.

"Open your mouth for me, baby." The whispered command caused shivers up and down her spine. Unsure of herself, she watched his hot eyes as she complied. His mouth once again settled over hers and his tongue slowly explored the dark warmth of her mouth.

Shaking, Sora's lashes fluttered closed and she stood on tiptoe to press the length of her slender body against his, desperate to get as close to him as possible. He groaned into her mouth, his hands shifting from her ribs to her lower back and grinding her against his hips. Her eyes flew open at the evidence of his desire, but before she could think or act, something heavy and large slammed into them, knocking them apart.

Leaning against the wall, Sora breathed in large, gasping breathes, trying to clear her mind. What had just happened? She'd never imagined that she would act like that… How could a simple kiss get so out of control that she'd forget everything and practically make love in a bar! She watched distractedly as Yamato hauled the drunken man to his feet by his collar and shoved him back out into the throng of people before turning glittering eyes on her.

"I think it's time for you to go home." He announced his voice angry as he took her upper arm to drag her out, but then seemed to change his mind and placed her in front of him.

At the booth where Mimi sat alone, Yamato stopped long enough to take her hand and pull her from her seat.

"It's getting late." He said as he helped her into her pink leather jacket that perfectly matched her miniskirt. Mimi nodded, then glanced at Sora and started visibly.

"Goodness Sora! I didn't know you were here."

"I pop in every now and then." Sora replied carelessly. But Mimi looked from Yamato back to her with suspicion in her eyes. She supposed they'd been by the restrooms for a long while and she could feel the heat on her face as she recalled how they'd spent that time.

Mimi was eyeing her intently and Sora watched as her eyes fell in what could only be disappointment. Did she know? Could she somehow see what they'd done in her face?

They walked out to Yamato's car in silence, no one mentioning that Sora had driven her own vehicle.

How could she have done what she did? How could Yamato? When she'd come to the club had she sensed that the night would end as it surely would? For truthfully it could end no other way but with her in Yamato's arms; what with the way she'd behaved he'd probably think that's what she wanted. She sank lower in the backseat of Yamato's black sports car and watched the lights flash by as they headed away from neon signs and into green lawns and white wooden fences, her stomach churning with shame at what she'd done. Why shouldn't he think she wanted it? Hadn't she told him herself that she'd come to the club looking for some fun? Oh how was she going to get herself out of this? And worse, did she really want to? Her reaction to his kiss scared her more than his assumptions; if he were to kiss her again she didn't think she'd be able to refuse him anything.

Her thoughts were scattered when Yamato pulled to a stop in front of Mimi's house and got out to walk her to her door. Sora watched them as they paused under the porch light and spoke quietly to each other. She could feel the jealousy eating at her and she decided she didn't like this new emotion- but she did know that if Yamato kissed Mimi like he'd kissed her by the restrooms she'd scratch his eyes out as soon as he dared step back into the vehicle.

She'd been considering moving up front to close the distance between herself and the man she loved, but as she watched the couple on the porch hug affectionately she felt a boiling rage build inside her and determined then and there that the more distance from Yamato the better.

******

Sora had forgotten to turn on her porch light when she'd left several hours before. Though it didn't seem like that big of a deal to her, Yamato was scowling as he walked with her up the drive.

At the door, they paused. Should I invite him in? She wasn't sure, but she thought that wasn't such a good idea. So did she thank him for driving her home? Or did she just smile and slam the door in his face? Confused, Sora looked up to find him looking down at her. There was something about not being able to see his face that unnerved her. She didn't like thinking that the Yamato she had kissed in front of the restrooms was a stranger, but standing on her dark porch, she realized with a dropping sensation that the side she'd seen tonight was a part of him she'd never met before.

She opened her mouth to say something, anything, to dispel the sense that she was standing outside her house with a man she didn't know, but she didn't get the chance.

"Next time turn on your light." Was all he said before he turned and headed back towards his parked car. A shadow among shadows until he opened the door and the interior light came on. With a small wave, more a mocking salute really, he started the car and, after an instant in which she was bathed in blinding light, he sped out of the drive and back the way he'd come.