Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ HZ-7000 ❯ How it all happened ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

PROLOUGE
 
It all started long ago after the defeat of Maylo-Myotismon…
 
Kari and TK officially started dating, and Davis surprisingly accepted that. No one could believe it, but it was true. Davis decided to just let her go… if it makes her happy… however, that was not the only thing he was letting go of
 
Davis' crush for Kari, everyone had though cleared up, was in fact stronger than ever. Davis was officially in love… but knowing that Kari had no feelings for him, her friendship was not enough he decided not only to let go of her, but because he just couldn't find feelings in any other girl… he decided to forget all about ever having a romance in his life… EVER!
 
At first only Veemon knew of this plot, and while he knew Davis couldn't have been doing the right thing, Davis seemed happy about it, and Veemon never argued with Davis' decisions; not like that.
 
Eventually Davis' plot became visible. When a few girls started to actual crush on him, but he never bothered to return their feelings, or even notice them.
 
When he went shopping with his family, as lame as it was; His mom would sometimes go overboard, “Now that you're done with this Digital- Stuff… you can concentrate on more important things… like finding a nice girlfriend.”
 
And Davis replied with, “Meh… I don't need a nice girlfriend, mom… I don't even want one.”
 
Even Jun laughed at what her brother had said, She was still just learning not to be a ditz anymore and she managed to score a date with Kari's brother Tai; though what Tai saw in her was a mystery to everyone.
 
But soon… everyone… including the Digi-Destined, and the Digimon-Veterans realized Davis was being serious. Years had passed, and when Davis's group finally went to college…
 
Davis was almost twenty, and never had a date in his life. To make matters worse, many girls were crushing on him now because he was so famous.
 
Davis Motomiya… The most powerful Digi-Destined in the world… If it wasn't for him and his courage, as well as his beautiful words in convincing people to believe in their dreams, if anything both worlds would have been destroyed long ago. He was a true hero…!
 
He was also the Captain of both the High-School and college championship soccer teams. Never lost a game and he was finally starting on his own dream to open his own Noodle-Cart and sell the best Ramen in the streets.
 
Davis hoped someday he could evolve into a worldwide chain of carts, restaurants, products and make millions of money amounts, but for now he was happy just being the head manager of a Noodle-Cart business, and staying single!
 
Kari and TK, who had been dating for a while, much to Davis' secret disgust, they and the others began to question Davis. “I told you… I don't want a girlfriend. I don't need that stuff.”
 
Everyone began to act as if the world was going to end. “Davis you can't be serious…?” asked Cody. But the expression on Davis' face told them all, “He's serious…” Ken said.
 
Yolei never thought Davis would ever act crazy again since he grew up and learned not to be so obnoxious… but today. “That's the most ridiculous thing I ever heard.” she snapped, “You're honestly giving up on romance…?”
 
Davis nodded, “It's no big deal… what do you fall in love for anyway?” he asked. “Nope, not me… I got so much going on I don't know where it's going to take me.”
 
TK and Kari didn't agree though. “Davis you're being silly.” TK snapped, “You can't just go through life without love forever.”
 
Kari nodded in agreement. “Davis there has to be someone you love… or someone you've harbored feelings for a long time for…”
 
There was, and she was sitting right across from him with another guy, but Davis didn't let that out. “Look, guys… Love just isn't as important me anymore. Now I'm going to be late for class…” and he got up and left.
 
Yolei huffed. She and Ken were already engaged to be married after having dated so long, “And you want him to be your best man…?” she asked Ken.
 
Her fiancée just looked concerned. “Maybe we should just let Davis go at this by himself…?” he suggested. “After all… he does things best when he works alone.”
 
Kari however was getting that look in her eyes again. That look she only got if she were about to interfere in someone's life again. “No!” she snapped. “Davis can't do this to himself, or to anyone else.”
 
The others, even TK had a bad feeling about this, but realizing that Kari was already determined, they saw practically no choice but to go along with her plan.
 
Over the past six months, Davis' life really went berserk…
 
Kari had convinced all the Digi-Destined to form group sessions to talk to Davis about Romance, and what they can do to help convince him not to give it up. Kari also made Davis go into professional psychiatric-therapy from her family's psychologist.
 
All this actually managed to do was anger Davis, and really annoy him. While it was true, he was grateful that the others were showing they cared… he tried to make it clear to them that he didn't want anyone's help.
 
But then it got worse…
 
Kari's therapist had suggested that Davis actually start dating to help him be convinced about the joys of Romance. Kari saw this to a great advantage and she and TK ended up setting Davis up on blind dates with girls who did crush on Davis, but whom Davis knew nothing about… complete strangers!
 
Then his family got involved, and started to set him up.
 
Davis went on no less than ten dates in a week in a few months, and not one of them went well. Either; Davis and the girl had nothing in common, or Davis just wasn't interested and said right off the bat that he wasn't interested.
 
All this nonsense was really starting to make him lose his patience, not to mention he fell behind badly in his work, both school, and employment. Finally… decided, “This has gone quite… FAR ENOUGH…!”
 
One evening, while Davis was at work in an actual office for once; as he was the manager… TK and Kari came by to check-up on him, like they usually did after every expected blind-date he had.
 
“So… how did it go ladies-man…?” TK asked.
 
“Was it love at first sight…?” added Kari.
 
Davis looked up from his papers with a sarcastic smile on his face. “I wouldn't know… the date was canceled.” he simply said before. TK and Kari felt sorry for Davis, but they asked why the girl had canceled, were shocked and angered to find that it was really Davis, admiringly, canceled the date, and all other dates he had in the upcoming week.
 
Told the girls he wasn't interested, and “Take a hike!”
 
“I also called your therapist and paid the man to cancel our sessions-contract.” he informed the couple.
 
“Davis! How could you?” Kari snapped.
 
“We're just trying to help you…” TK added.
 
“Then help me… by NOT helping.” Davis snapped at the, “When are you guys going to get into your head, I'm NOT interested, and I'd rather be alone?”
 
Kari looked as if she was about to explode. “Look Davis… I'm not going to sit back and let you go through life without ever falling in love.”
 
Davis slammed his pen down, got up form his seat and gazed her dead in the eyes. “I do not need you… or anyone else telling me how to live my life!”
 
Now TK was starting to get mad, “Davis… don't talk to my girlfriend that way.” he snarled while stepping in. “We just want to know why you'd suddenly want to give up on Romance. Just tell us and maybe we can try and help you…!”
 
Davis just laughed, because he knew that no one could help him. Nevertheless, he told them why. “You two are the reason.”
 
Kari and TK were at first shocked by the fact how they could be the cause of him giving up romance, but soon it all became clear that he was just being stubborn because Kari wasn't available anymore.
 
“Davis…?! Could you be anymore ridiculous…?” TK snapped at him.
 
“No, I'm being sensible.” Davis answered back. “Besides… at least I'm not interfering in other people's business… like SOME people I know!”
 
“I can't believe you said that…”
 
Kari stepped in between to quell the arguing, “Guys… stop it!” she cried.
 
Davis sat down, and couldn't take anyone of the couple. “All right, that does it, Kari…” he snarled. “I've had it with you and TA over here!”
 
TK gritted his teeth…
 
“Now the both of you… go home, and keep your filthy noses, and useless romance out of my life!” Davis continued.
 
“What…?” Kari asked softly.
 
“You heard me… I have got to get my work done, and do not need, and I don't want any romance in my life, okay…?” Davis practically yelled. “So that means no more psychologists… no more group therapies…” he began frolicking like a kid in a tantrum in his seat, “…AND NO MORE SETTING ME UP ON BLIND DATES!” he demanded.
 
TK had finally lost his nerves. “Fine… die alone… see if we care.” He grunted. “Let's go Kari.”
 
Davis finally thought he had gotten through to them both. “Mmm…! Now maybe I can get something accomplished.”
 
But Kari, she wasn't giving up. It was bad enough that Davis refused to find romance, but because she was the reason behind it all…? She wouldn't stand for this, and was determined to help Davis. So she kept on setting him up…
 
Davis finally snapped, and decided he needed some time to himself. He had money to spare anyways, and he was a grown-man who could take care of himself. So he packed up his bags, and booked the first flight out of the country…
 
He didn't care where he was going, as long he was away from TK, Kari, and everyone else who was in their crazy schemes. The only person who actually supported him on this was his father…
 
“Look son…” he told him the night Davis left. “No matter what happens. You can be as stubborn as you want to be but you can never truly run away from the inevitable.”
 
Veemon, who was going with Davis, agreed on that.
 
“Thanks Dad…” he said. “But I just need some time to myself, that's all. Just until this… this… whatever… cools off?”
 
Veemon looked up and promised, “And don't worry… he'll have me to look after in cashe thinsh get ugly.”
 
Davis' father knew this was for the best, and hugged his son goodbye. “Good-Luck, son...”
 
Soon Davis was on the passenger jet, riding in first-class with his well-paid fair. Then they were flying over the sea.
 
However, if Davis only knew what would've happened, he never would have left…
 
An uncharted, unpredicted hurricane over the seas had struck, and the plane got struck by lightning and was heading for a nose-die into the ocean. Davis and Veemon survived by Veemon Digivolving to Ex-Veemon, and flying to safety…
 
Sadly there was nothing they could do about the other passengers, who were all killed with the flight crew when the plane hit the water, exploded, and sank beneath the waves.
 
The storm also became too much for even Ex-Veemon to handle and the strong winds blew him and Davis in circles… far, far away, and they vanished into the night only to find themselves collapsed on the shores of an uncharted island, which turns out to be the secret military base of the “High-Tech Zoom” Force; HZ-Force for short.
 
Davis had never before heard of these people, but because he and Veemon were exposed to all their high-tech, in all military rules, they were not permitted to leave, and forced to enlist.
 
Davis thought it was crazy, but after a while he soon discovered more about this military force. They were a new organization with technology, weapons, and vehicles you'd think were from the distant future…
 
All the soldiers, and agent had no identity or any public record of existence, and the HZ-Army answered to no government. All fundings came from the patents they owned on technology confiscated from criminal organizations.
 
The headman was a Japaneese man, General. Conan Daizo. Who planned to use this force to protect the world from invasions, stop countries from declaring war, and arrest terroists, and any other form of evil… it was almost like the old Davis when The Digi Destined fought evil creatures to save the world.
 
Davis thought maybe it would be a cool thing to join, so he and Veemon were put into training. As the years passed, and Davis got recruited and sent on his missions. The only thing that bother him was the fact that all his records were erased. It was as if Davis Motomyia was never born…
 
And if Davis ever had to go into the general public, he'd be required to wear thick dark glasses and a hat over his head so people would never recognize him. He was allowed to return to the mainlands on his free time… he just wasn't allowed to start a new life.
 
He had no records to do that with anyway. No money… no identification… nothing. Still, with the missions he had performed over the years, fighting crime, saving towns from destruction… even rescuing civilians.
 
Sometimes, Veemon would help Davis extemrinate evil Digimon who still remianed to try and conquer the world.
 
Anyone who found out about the army got thei rmemories erased, and forgot all about them. So the Army always remained top-secret.
 
 
Over five years had passed since Davis joined, and he was now ranked a Colonel, and he became the lead pilot of one of the armies finest vehicles.
 
H7-7000
 
A mighty copter the size of a navy-sub. It had everything, missiles, serach lights, even rockect trhusters, and shields to take the ship underwater, and even in space. Davis and his new crew were the best on the force, and usually the main-assets on missions.
 
Davis began to feel really proud of himself, but sometimes he and Veemon would think of home, and how while it was tempting to go back, they just couldn't.
 
I wasn't just he fact that Davis no longer existed to them, but the fact he was thought to have been killed in the plane crash years ago. There was a funeral, a casket, and even a gravestone that Davis visited once…
 
Davis could never let anyone know he was alive, or he would probably stir up more of Kari and TK's old scheme. If not, he'd probably be saddened again by not ending up with Kari, which was the one dream he always had, but never came true…
 
He sighed, and apologized secretly, but he had no other choice.
 
Davis Motomyia is believed to be dead… and he must let the world think that he IS dead until he can find a way to conquer the emptiness that dwells within him, and reclaim a normal life that he desires.
 
Davis Motomyia in…
 
“H7-7000”