Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ HZ-7000 ❯ Part three: Reconcile ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“On the last episode of “HZ-7000”
 
After seeing through Davis' lie to try and force Kari out of his life… she and Gatomon follow Davis and Veemon, and they are perused by TK and Patamon.
 
After an ambush of strange men, dressed all in black, Davis saw no choice but to take the four of them along as hostages until it could be decided what is to be done with them.
 
However, what nobody realized was those strangers from the airfield had planted homing device on the ship, and are presently tracking Davis all the way to his home base.
 
Davis tries to reconcile, today on “HZ-7000”
 
 
FINAL ADVENTURE
 
(Part Three)
 
Those strange black-dressed men we're already planning an attack on the army's base. Already, one of their men was one his way in a super-sub…
 
As for the rest of them, the leader had other plans. His men didn't understand how this plan of his could work, but all he explained was, “First thing is first. We will destroy the base, and we will put that army out of action…” he hissed, “But what better way to do it than by beating the army at its own game.”
 
He was hinting at how while the HZ-army was good at protecting, and saving the world, “But how good are they at protecting themselves at the same time…? Hmm, mm, mm…!”
 
 
Meanwhile…
 
Upon having arrived back at base on the island. Kari, as she was still pregnant and would need close medical-attention was moved to the hospital wing where Nami could keep a close eye on her.
 
But, TK, Patamon, and Gatomon were given standard guest quarters in some of the buildings off the base, with guards watching the outside. Meanwhile, Davis, and Veemon headed for the tower to speak with Daizo.
 
Davis explained everything… “I see…” Daizo said. “This is new for the books. Never before has our memory ray failed.”
 
Lt. Nelson walked over to the men, “I've just had a word from Professor Mecha. He says the Ray-zapper is in perfect condition, he can find nothing to fault.”
 
“Thanks Lt.” said Daizo. “Well, this one's got me baffled, but the question is what to do with our guests.”
 
Davis didn't think it was wise to send them back to Japan when they knew so much already, and their memories couldn't be erased. Also, it wasn't wise for them to ask them to join the army, not while Kari was pregnant anyways. “Even so, we just haven't got the time…” Daizo said.
 
“What'sh the matter, Shir…?”
 
Daizo explained that for a while now, the army was working hard to crack the mystery of the death behind Commander Kiaro, “and so far… we think we made have just drawn the greatest terrorizing organization in the world…”
 
“The Black-Belt Brothers!”
 
Davis was shocked at first, “I thought those guys were only a myth.”
 
The Black-Belt Brothers: They were a league of evil villains from Japan that originated more than fifty years ago. They made regular terrorists look like kids stuff compared to all the horrid things they did.
 
They stole from women and children. Wrecked havoc on cities, and even killed people on the spot. The whole world fell into disarray because of these creeps. During the time in Vietnam however… that was when the HZ-army was ready to launch, and fight back.
 
In Japan, many of the HZ-forces tracked the brotherhood. It was at that time the brotherhood was on the verge of planting and detonating a radiation bomb that would literally spread a toxic-cloud all the way across the country and kill everyone.
 
But a great fight between the brotherhood and the army resulted in something going wrong. The bomb was detonated, but the cloud of radioactivity had been upset by the premature detonation. The cloud was rendered harmless, and wouldn't hurt anyone, but it still spread thought Japan.
 
No one could tell what it did, or what it could do to anyone who ever set foot in Japan, but rest assured it was there.
 
 
“Now it seems the surviving brothers of the hood have surfaced, and are finishing what was started.” Daizo continued. “This can only mean that the world is grave danger again.”
 
Veemon shivered in slight fear. “Thish can't be good.” he cried.
 
As for Davis, he suddenly began to get a theory concerning Kari, TK, and their Digimon. He reached into his uniform and pulled out the memory ray. He pointed it at his own self without putting his safety-shades on…
 
“Davish…! What are you doing?” cried Veemon.
 
“Colonel…!” cried Dazio, but everyone quickly hid their eyes behind their hands and Davis FLASHED the beam. “Colonel…?” asked Lt. Nelson. “Colonel, are you okay?”
 
Davis winked his eyes twice. “I-- I feel fine.” Davis said in utter disbelief, “I don't think my memories have been erased at all.”
 
Daizo, Nelson, and Veemon were surprised, and couldn't understand it in the least. That's when Davis suddenly got the idea… “That radiation…!” the same type that Daizo had explained; If it had been lurking in Japan for all those years, then obviously anyone who ever set foot, or live in Japan for a great set of years would have been exposed to it…
 
While the radiation was harmless, Daizo began to get Davis' drift. “Somehow, the radiation must be blocking the effects of the memory ray.” This explained why Kari, and TK weren't affected, and why Davis wasn't affected either…
 
Daizo ordered that a closer watch be maintained against the civilians. “Since they can't join the army, and their memories can't be wiped clean, I guess we'll just have to hold them in quarantine until further notice.”
 
Davis knew it was for the best. Still, it pained him inside knowing Kari and TK we're going to be held against their will.
 
 
TK, Patamon, and Gatomon were stuck in their shared quarters, just sitting on the sofa. Gatomon was napping like the cat she was, but Patamon was too upset to sleep, or eat or pretty-much do anything. As for TK, he was really pissed at Davis…!
 
TK would've loved nothing more than to Digivolve Patamon, bust out of the room, find Kari and get away from the island, but the Army was so sophisticated that their every move was being monitored…
 
One false move and the alarm would go off, and super-charged force fields we're already keeping them locked inside anyways and armed guards were watching them from the open doorway.
 
Just then, the men turned as Davis came down the hall. “At-Ease boys…” Davis said. The guard saluted, and let Davis through the shield. TK looked up, but his angered expression stayed where it was.
 
Davis sat on the sofa opposite of him and the others. “What do you want?” TK sneered.
 
“I thought I'd come down here and check-up on you guys.” said Davis.
 
“Why? So you can move us to a bigger prison?” Patamon growled.
 
Davis sighed, “Look, I'm sorry you guys are going through this. I really am, but believe me I didn't want it to come to this any more than you did.”
 
TK and Patamon weren't interested in his excuses. Gatomon, who had woken up because of their spat, “Then why did you let it…?” she asked. “Why did you have to bring us here like this…? Or better yet, why are you living a life here in this army and not doing anything about it.”
 
Davis shook his head. “Gatomon I told you before…” he reminded her and the other again that he ended up in the army by accident. He and Veemon survived the plane crash and washed up on shore… “Don't you get it? I didn't ask for this life, I got pulled off the streets and held against my will.”
 
“You know, that's just more lies and excuses from you, Davis. It never stops!” TK hissed. “And what really angers me is the mess you've gotten us into.”