Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ i never thought that.... ❯ prologue: back to my hometown ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
i never thought that…
by: lidd0 taurus

Fr0m the auth0r: hiya readers and writers! This fanfic is my second but not of the same anime. Digimon was one of the anime I grew up with and grown to love =]. I don’t own Digimon. I have nothing further to say except this: Please enjoy reading “i never thought that…”

Story: None of the digidestined has seen Mimi for about 5 years since she moved to the Big Apple, New York, in America but they’ve always kept in touch. Then she suddenly comes back without telling anyone. Will everything be the same as it has been before she left the gang? taiora, mimato, takari and kenyako.

Characters:
jyou (joe) kido: 20, junior in college
taichi (tai) kamiya/ yamato (matt) ishida/ sora takenouchi: 19, sophomores in college
mimi tachikawa/ koushiro (izzy) izumi: 18, freshmens in college
takeru (tk) takiashi/ hikari (kari) kamiya/ daisuke (davis) motomiya/ iori (cody) hida/ miyako (yolei) inoue/ ken ichijuoji: 16, juniors in high school

.:..:: prologue: back to my hometown ::..:.

SCREECH SCREECH (airplane landing)
“You have arrived in Odaiba. Thank you for choosing Kori Airlines,” announced the flight attendant over the intercom.
(the sound of people talking and suitcases in the background)
CLICK CLACK CLICK CLACK (person walking in boots suddenly halts to a stop)
“It feels so good to finally get off that plane,” a female with long, flowing, silky, chestnut hair stretched, “Home at last!”
“Mimi!” her dad called to her, “I got us a cab.”
“Let’s go!” her mom told her.
“Alright!” Mimi ran towards her parents who were getting into a yellow cab.
“Ready to go?” her dad asked her as she closed to the door and buckled up.
“Yup.”
“Okay. We’re ready,” Mr. Tachikawa told the driver.
The cab slowly pulled away from the curb into the streets as the airport grew smaller and smaller until it was out of sight. Mimi looked out the window and saw that the ‘hometown’ she once knew, had changed since she left for America five years ago. ‘I hope I don’t get lost here.’
“Oh Mimi!” her mom said excitedly, causing her to turn away from the window, “Just wait until you see the house your dad and I picked. You’re going to love it.”
“I’m sure it’ll look wonderful,” Mimi smiled at her mom, having to hear this for the umpteenth time.
After about half an hour, the cab screeched to a stop in front of the ‘new’ Tachikawa house. As Mimi got out of the cab, she gasped at the sight of her new home. It was a two-story house that was painted white with matching gates, a lush front lawn with an ocean blue granite fountain in the center, and a brick path that led up to several steps to a white sun door.
“So… What do you think, sweetie?” Mrs. Tachikawa asked her daughter.
“I don’t know what to say…” she answered after awhile, “It’s absolutely beautiful.”
“That’s good to hear. How about we go inside?” Mr. Tachikawa suggested.
The Tachikawas entered their new home. Mimi looked around. The whole place was spacious and every furniture they owned had been set in their new place.
“Your room is upstairs on the right,” her mom informed her. She ran upstairs and opened the door to her new room. She was speechless.
The walls and the carpet were pink, her favorite color, with white trimmings. All her pink things were set the way she liked it. Her bed and bathroom was on her right, her desk and bookcase were near the window in front of her, and a walk-in-closet was on her left. Her room was more spacious than the one she owned in America.
“What do you think? I hope your mom and I put your things the way you like it,” her dad asked her, coming up from behind her.
“I think you and mommy did a fantastic job!” Mimi hugged her dad.
“Thank you,” he replied, letting go of his daughter.
“Mimi, do you want to go grocery shopping with me?” her mom asked her from downstairs.
“Seems like your mom and I got so caught up moving in that we didn’t bother to remember to go grocery shopping,” her dad sweat dropped while putting his hand behind his head.
“Be right there!” Mimi closed the door and rushed downstairs where her mom was waiting for her, near the door.
“I’ll drive for today since you’re not familiar with Odaiba anymore,” her mom told her as they walked to a metallic grey Infinity.
“Okay,” she agreed.
---
After thirty minutes in the supermarket, they came out with an armload of groceries. A male with blonde hair was walking towards the supermarket when he thought he saw a familiar female with honey brown eyes and chestnut hair. ‘My eyes are playing tricks on me. It can’t be her… she had pink dyed hair the last time I saw her from the pictures she sent… nahh… it’s not her,’ he shook his head and continued to walk to the supermarket.

>> tachikawa residence
“Daddy, dinner’s ready,” Mimi informed her dad, who was watching tv in the living room as she took off a pink apron that she was wearing and folded it up, stuffing it back into one of the drawers.
“Dinner looks great,” her dad complimented her and his wife.
“Mom did most of the work. I only helped prepare the ingredients,” she quickly said as she took her seat across her parents.
“Nonsense. You did most of the work. I merely told you how to cook the meal that’s in front of us tonight. I thought it’ll be helpful if you knew how to cook some of these things in your dormitory instead of eating fast food all the time which isn’t good for you,” her mom gave her credit.
“No-” she began.
“Mmm… It’s delicious!” her dad rated her cooking, “I think you’ll make an excellent chef someday, if you wanted.”
Mimi smiled as she started to eat.
---
When Mimi helped finish washing the dishes, she went into her room. She turned on the computer and signed on aim. Then a box appeared on the screen:
just 2kool4you: hey meems, how are you?
imaPWNCESSmeems: hey matt! i’m fine thanks. you?
just 2kool4you: it’s going alright
imaPWNCESSmeems: that’s good to hear
just 2kool4you: today when i went to pick up a few things at the supermarket
just 2kool4you: i saw a girl who looked a lot like you, walking with her mom, carrying an armload of groceries
‘He saw me but he wasn’t sure if it was really me,’ Mimi laughed.
imaPWNCESSmeems: hahas… your beautiful sapphire eyes are playing tricks on you
“Mimi, get ready for bed,” her mom knocked on the door, “Did you get your things ready for school tomorrow? I don’t want you panicking on your first day.”
“Alright. I’ll do it in a minute,” she told her mom as she turned her attention back to her computer screen.
just 2kool4you: yeah, I guess… you should come back to odaiba and visit us sometime. we haven’t seen you since you left for america… which is like five years now
imaPWNCESSmeems: but you guys do see me and I see you guys when we send updated pictures to each other
just2kool4you: that’s not what I meant =[
imaPWNCESSmeems: i know. just messing with you, yama
just2kool4you: yama?
imaPWNCESSmeems: yea, that’s your new nickname. you don’t mind, do you?
just2kool4you: i’ll only agree if you promise to come visit the gang. so do we gotta a deal?
imaPWNCESSmeems: deal! i promise i will… soon ^^
‘What am I doing?! I almost told him that I moved back to Odaiba!’ she mentally smacked herself.
just 2kool4you: kool… i’ll be looking forward to that day
Mimi smiled at his comment.
just 2kool4you: did you know that izzy made into the same university as joe?
imaPWNCESSmeems: no… i didn’t. that’s great for izzy!
just 2kool4you: say… aren’t you a freshmen in college now?
imaPWNCESSmeems: yup, got accepted into a university
‘Ahh! I almost did it again! I almost told him that I was going to the same university as he was!’ Mimi mentally yelled at herself.
just 2kool4you: that’s great! well, school starts tomorrow for tai, sora, and me
imaPWNCESSmeems: same here. i still need to pack up a few things for my dormitory
just 2kool4you: okay, better let you get started then. talk to you later
imaPWNCESSmeems: yeah, bye yama
imaPWNCESSmeems signed off
Mimi turned off her computer and grabbed the big box that was under her desk and started putting things she needed for her dormitory; laptop, ipod, picture of her and her parents, two big posters of her picture, a copy of her mom’s recipes in a binder, picture board, alarm clock, some cosmetics, jewelry box, lotion, towels, shampoo and conditioner bottles, curling iron, her extra blow dryer, hair spray, hair accessories, hair brush, a brand new tooth brush and tooth paste, pads, purse, shoes, and some clothes.
“That should do it,” she picked up the heavy box and headed out to her metallic red Convertible, “If I need something, I can go buy it at some store or go home on the weekends to get it.” She set the box into her trunk and closed it.
Then she went into her closet and took her school uniform out and hung it on a hook on the bathroom door. She took her black book bag that had a pink star key chain on it from her desk and stuffed it; notebooks, textbooks, pencil case. She put her pink Razor cell phone, Roxy pink wallet that’s loaded with money, her car and house spare keys in the outside pockets of her book bag. She left her book bag on the floor near the door.
After she doubled check her things, she went into the bathroom and brushed her teeth. Then she changed out of her clothes into a silky, light pink pajamas.
“Let’s see… I have to get up early to get ready which will take about an hour. It’s an hour drive to school and school starts at eight sharp,” Mimi set her alarm to go off at six in the morning then got into bed, reaching for the light switch and tapped it off.
‘I can’t wait to see them tomorrow! I bet they’ll be surprised to see me,’ she thought excitedly as she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

>> end of prologue
- - - - - - -