Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ I wish I wasn't. ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I wish I wasn't

A/N: This is my first of what I hope are many songfics on mediaminer.org. For those that don't know, the song `I wish I wasn't' is from Heather Headley and her debut album `This is Who I Am'. (Neither of which I own.) The plot for this is simple. Sora thought going through the ups and downs of a relationship with Matt wouldn't be difficult. But when it looks like he is ignoring her will relationships stand up to the challenge or collapse in the crossfire? Read and enjoy Treblbass/Sparks Enterprises I wish I wasn't to find out!

Sora: Where could he be?

Those had been common words recently spoken from the mouth of young but wise Sora Takenouchi. Boyfriend and long time friend Matt Ishida had once again left her at home for hours without notice.

I'm home alone again

And you're out, hanging with your friends

So you say, but I know it's not quite that way

It's getting pretty late and you haven't checked on me all day

When I called you didn't answer

Now I'm feeling like you're ignoring me

Going across the apartment the twosome shared, the child of love can't help but tear up some. She finally comes across a picture of the Adventure 01 group together. Some scant seconds later, Sora collapses into a crying fit of what was her life.

I wish that you were home

holding me, tight in your arms

and I wish, I could go back

To the day before we met and skip my regret

After some minutes, Sora steps out to clear her head, but no matter where she goes she sees Matt. At the local Laundromat, a park bench, the hippest dance club, a guitar shop and the full moon that was out that night. By the looks on her face, the walk does not seem to be helping Sora as she begins to tear up once again.


I wish I wasn't in love with you

so you couldn't hurt me

It just ain't fair the way you treat me

No you don't deserve me

Wasted my time thinking about you and you ain't never gone change

I wish I wasn't in love with you

so I wouldn't feel this way

Arriving back at the apartment, Sora heads for the bedroom she and Matt share. Getting a good look at her surroundings, she finds a crumbled post-it note. Daring herself to open it she finds her worst nightmare in a telephone number, with a ladies name and hotel directions. After that, all she could do is hold her hand to her face to keep from crying.

When you touch me my heart melts

and everything you did wrong I forgive

so you play me and take advantage

of the love that I feel for you

Why you wanna hurt me so bad

I believed in you thats why I'm so mad

now I'm drowning in disappointment, and its hard for me to even look at you

Sora became a woman on a mission as she rode in her Audi to the hotel in question. Along with a phone number, directions and a name, there was also a room number so all she had to do was confront the cheater in the room he laid carelessly.

I wish that you were home

Holding me tight in your arms ooh baby

I wish I could go back

To the day before we met and skip my regret


I wish I wasn't in love with you

so you couldn't hurt me

It just ain't fair the way you treat me

No you don't deserve me

Wasted my time thinking about you and you ain't never gone change

I wish I wasn't in love with you

so I wouldn't feel this way

Going to the exposed window, she finds Matt and a female accomplice, shall we say, at work. When Matt sees his girlfriend on the outside looking in, he has a momentary take and then an apologetic look as he heads to get at least a word in. He runs to Sora, with no success as she slashes his front tires on his Peugeot and storms off in a hoof to her car.

Matt: Come back! It's not what you think!

The young man's outcries seem to fall on death's ear as the Audi A4 accelerates out of the hotel parking lot with authority.

Said you care about me, but from what I see

I ain't feeling that, so I disagree

gave you all my love and understanding and you treated me like your enemy

so leave me alone, don't want nothing from you

just go back where you came from this house is no longer your home

you are not welcome no more

Over a month had passed since the incident and Sora had gone the whole nine yards to keep Matt and her apart. She changed the locks on the doors, ignored his phone calls that came at a rate of 10 every day and dropped his stuff out onto the parking lot of the complex. She was determined not to have him ruin her one more time. She would no longer be played for the fool she was.


I wish I wasn't in love with you

so you couldn't hurt me

It just ain't fair the way you treat me

No you don't deserve me

Wasted my time thinking about you and you ain't never gone change

I wish I wasn't in love with you

so I wouldn't feel this way


I wish I wasn't in love with you

so you couldn't hurt me

It just ain't fair the way you treat me

No you don't deserve me

Wasted my time thinking about you and you ain't never gone change

I wish I wasn't in love with you

so I wouldn't feel this way

After nearly two months of not hearing from Matt, Sora began to get worried. Until one summer day in June came a knock on the door. Looking through the peephole, her questions and concerns were answered as Matt came. He was holding a bouquet of roses, a chocolate box, and several cards. One of which he slid through the door. After deliberating with herself for about a minute, Sora picks it up and reads it. After reading, she heads for the door and there is Matt with his guitar. The pair go what seems like minutes without talking, until Matt broke the silence.

Matt: Look, there is no excuse for the things I've done. But I promise you that if you let me back in your life, from this day forth, there will be no more games. I want to be committed to you mind, body and soul. But you have to take that first step. I took three months to get everything back on track, and I guarantee you, I am a changed man.

Sora wanted to close the door on him. She had heard this story play out several times in her short life.

Sora: I don't know if I can trust you this time.

I hear you knocking at my door again

I'm wondering should I let you in

I open up the door and see the flowers for me so beautiful in your hands

You start begging me to take you back,

I've always been a sucker for romance

and before you know it I can see, you're all over me

oh no here I go again

Matt: You can learn to trust me, because this time, I trust me.

Sora thinks about it, but never gives Matt a clear answer. She instead just tells Matt to come in and sit down for a long, long talk.

I wish I wasn't in love with you so you couldn't hurt me

A/N: This has been a songfic for those who can't reject romance brought to you by Treblbass/Sparks Enterprises. Hope you enjoy it. Please R/R so I can keep on improving my writing.