Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ If I lost You ❯ If I Lost You ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own digimon ( If I did ooooo you can only imagine the changes)

Hi! I'm Sailor Hope and this is my first Takari Fic! I love this couple along with(Ken&Yolei) but Tk and Kari are my favorite. Please review if you have time or if you'd like to. I know reviewing can get annoying so you don't have to. If you do please tell me what you think and if there are any changes you would recommend I'm new at this so I'd appreciate all the advice I can get. So read and I hope you enjoy! ;) ^_^
P.S this is dedicated to my best friend Amber Phipps also(baby_blu_eyes) she has helped through a lot thanks!! Luv ya

If I Lost You

" Should I just say it casually " Hey Kari will you go to the dance with me" or should I say " Kari I would be honored if you would grace me with your presence tomorrow night at the Valentine dance?" Tk said looking at his furry best friend.
"I like the second one it's more romantic" Patamon said
" Oh yeah great that's what I want" the blonde said sarcastically.
"Yeah okay Romeo come on we don't have all night I'd like to get some sleep"
" Patamon if you weren't my friend I'd strangle ya"
" Sure come on do you need me to dial it for you"
"No mister know it all"
At Kari's apartment...
Kari was lying on her bed looking at the night sky. No one had asked her to the Valentine's dance she felt bad. She had heard guy's talking about her but they said they were to chicken to ask her. She felt terrible she was 16 and the Valentine's dance was tomorrow and she was the only one without a date. Sure of course Davis had asked her but he knew the answer before he asked. If truth be told she wanted to go with Tk. She loved him and didn't know how to tell him and she didn't want to ruin their friendship.
"Hey kiddo" Tai said sticking his head into Kari's room
"Hi Tai" Kari said not taking her eye's off the night sky.
"Mom invited Sora and I over for dinner. So I got off work a little early and we headed right over"
"Awesome" Kari said plainly
"Okay what's wrong?"
"Nothing"
"Liar" Tai said walking to Kari's bed and kneeling next to her.
" Maybe"
"Uh huh"
" I don't have a date for the dance"
"What no Tk?"
"No he hasn't asked me"
"Oh come someone will tomorrow"
Tai knew that Tk was crazy for Kari and Kari was crazy for Tk.
"Sis I'm sure he will"
" Not" Kari said
Ring-Ring, the phone blasted and Tai picked it up.
"Kamiya residents may I ask who's calling?"
There was silence on the other end and then finally came a voice familiar voice to Tai.
"Tai is that you?" Tk asked curiously
"Hey buddy"
"Wow! I haven't heard from you in a long time"
"Sorry work"
"Wow well I'd let you talk to Matt but him and his band are on a tour"
"It's okay I'll catch him later, so what's ya want?"
"Oh yeah sorry is Kari there?"
"Aaaaa, yes she is"
"Don't you start too just put her on the phone Tai"
"Alright touchy" Tai said laughing "Kari the phone is for you"
Kari sat still looking at the window.
"I'm busy"
"Oh well okay I guess I'll tell Takeru your not available"
"Uh Tk she's busy so... ahh Kari let go, hey!!"
"Tai?" tk said confused
"Tk?" a familiar voice said
"Kari hi"
"Hi you wanted me"
"Uh yeah I was I mean... I would be honored if you be so kind as to grace me with your presence at the dance tomorrow night"
Kari almost screamed with joy as she laughed at the way Tk had asked her. Her face lit up and Tai saw this.
"What?" Tai asked
"Sure Tk I'd love too, I've got to go to dinner so I'll see you tomorrow"
"Okay tomorrow" tk said and hung up.
"So what happened?" Tai asked rubbing his arm where his sister had pushed him in order to get to the phone.
"Why should I tell you?"
"Your right it's none of my business I guess I'll just call Tk later and ask him," Tai said smiling.
"Aaa well for your info he asked me to the dance"
" Hummmmm....." Tai stood there and then slowly walked to the door.
Kari looked at him and knew what he wanted to say. Just before he walked out the bedroom door Kari told him he could.
"Alright say it"
"Told ya," and Tai walked out smiling.
"Brothers" Kari mumbled following Tai out the door.
.... Tk's house...
"She said yes!!" Tk yelled swinging around his fury little friend.
"I'm so happy but it's late you might want to keep it down."
"Oh yeah sorry, it is late we need to go to bed"
"Ughum" Patamon cleared his throat
"What?"
"Isn't there something you need to wrap before you go to bed?"
"Oh my gosh how could I forget!"
Tk walked to his dresser and opened a drawer pulling out a little white box. He carried it over to his bed and sat down next to Patamon.
"Don't you think I should just leave it in the box"
"Well I guess it does look a little better just by itself"
"Patamon I'm so sorry to leave you all alone tomorrow"
"It's okay," Patamon said smiling to himself.
Tk noticed this and a smirk came over his face.
"Really well you look so happy, do you have any plans?" with that question Patamon started to blush.
"Maybe"
"Really"
"Gatomon and I are going for a picnic"
"Oooooo"
"O stop it Tk I'm going to bed" and with that Patamon flew to his little bed and closed his eyes.
Tk just smiled and fell asleep
... At school the next day...
"So Kari you sure you don't want to go to the dance with me?" Davis said leaning against Kari's desk.
Kari just smiled.
"Positive Davis"
"Why not?" he began to whine.
"I've already got a date to the dance"
"What!! Who is it?"
"Tk" she said calmly knowing his reaction was going to be a loud one.
"TC!!! You said yes to TA!!!"
Just then Tk walked into the homeroom.
"Davis it's Tk why can't you get that right is it so hard to say two letters?" the blonde asked with disgust and took his seat next to Kari.
"You punk," Davis said with a glare.
"Now what did I do?" Tk asked with a tired look.
"If you hadn't asked Kari to the dance she would've gone with me"
"Okay Davis I'm sorry I'll make sure that I remember that for the next dance" Tk said sarcastically.
"Ring-Ring!"
The bell rang and everyone took his or her seats. The day went by really fast and Tk was getting nervous. Of course he was happy that he was going with Kari but he felt like he didn't deserve her. Tk was leaning against the brick wall outside of the high school waiting for Yolei, Kari, and Davis. Cody would join them half way because he was still in junior high and it was down the street.
Tk looked up to some people arguing . It was Yolei and Davis and they were at the top of their lungs. They finally got to Tk but still continued with their argument.
"Davis I think they're cute together and I don't want to hear anymore of your whining!"
"Easy for you to say you've got a date to the dance!" Davis retorted
"There are plenty of girls so go pick one"
"Davis I'm sure you can find someone" Tk said moving from the wall to stand straight.
"Ta don't start. You've got a date to the dance if I ask someone now I'll look pathetic."
"Get over it Davis" Yolei said " and by the way good job with Kari" Yolei said smiling at Tk.
"Thanks"
Just then Kari turned the corner and joined the 3.
"Ready to go?" she asked looking at the gang.
"I am" Yolei said
"Me too" Tk added
"Let's go" Davis grumbled
Half way Cody joined them. After a couple of blocks or so Kari and Davis headed towards their houses while the other 3 went to their apartment building.
"Bye Cody, Yolei see ya tonight"
"Bye Tk have a nice time with Kari" Cody said with a little smile.
"See ya tonight" Yolei said closing the elevator door with Cody.
Tk walked into his apartment and as usual his mom was working at the computer.
"Hi honey how was your day?" she asked without lifting her eyes from the screen.
"Fine mom"
Tk walked down the hall to his room and closed the door behind him. He took his hat off hanging it on the rack with the others. His soft blonde hair shook as he dropped his backpack.
"Patamon!" but there was no answer.
Then Tk noticed a little white piece of paper on his bed. It read:
Dear Tk,
Gatomon and I left early see you tonight.
Patamon :)
Tk laughed to himself and took out his homework. The dance was at 7:00pm and he needed to take a shower before. His last period had been nothing but basketball practice. He had his friends create a diversion so he could get changed and get out to meet the gang after school. The girls had been waiting for Tk to come out so they could swarm over him. He doesn't like to brag but the girls always screamed and yelled things at him like: "Your so hot", "Oh Tk please go out with me" or "Can I have your autograph."
He did his homework and watched some TV. At 5:30pm he took a shower and got ready for the dance. He grabbed Kari's gift and was ready to leave at 6:30. He walked down the hall and saw his mom sleeping in her bed. He smiled to himself and closed her door. He passed a mirror walking down the hall and stopped to look. He was in a regular black and white tux, and his hair was combed but not slicked back he hated that. It basically looked like his regular spiky hair.
He had to get going if he was going to get to Kari's in time. Mom had said he could use her Toyota corolla. It wasn't that nice but it was clean and a ride. He was about to walk out the door when he saw a note with some keys lying on the banister next to door. He picked up the keys and the note, it read:
Dear Takeru,
I'm sorry I'm not there for you as much as I liked to. I want you to know I love you and you probably didn't know that I knew what tonight was. Well I remembered and I thought that maybe you would like to pick your date up in the special car. Here are the keys have a great time sweetie. Your date is very lucky to be with you I love you.
Love
Mom:)
Tk smiled and took the keys locking the door behind him. He walked out to the garage and took the cover off of his mom's special car. It was a red Ferrari that she only used on special occasions. He opened the door and sat down on the black leather seats placing Kari's gift in the next seat. As he did he noticed there was another box rather long, it was wrapped and it had a little tag on it.
From: Tk
To: Kari
A little sticky note on the box read:
I found who your date was and I thought it would be nice if you gave her some chocolates. In case you're wondering Matt told me. Love you have a great night.
Mom and (Matt :))
Tk took the note of the box and laughed a little.
"Those two" he said to himself.
The garage door opened and Tk slowly backed the car out into the street and down towards Kari's house. What he didn't see though was his mom looking out the window watching him drive away.
"She's lucky" his mom said and walked back out into the living room to watch some TV.
...Kari's house...
Kari sat in her long pink satin dress tapping her foot nervously. Tai looked away from the TV.
"Will you chill I don't want you to look so nervous when I take your guy's pictures."
"I'm just a little nervous"
"Knock-Knock" came a sound from the door.
Kari's eye's widened and she sat there.
"Kari get up and get the door" Tai said getting up from the couch camera in hand.
Kari looked up with her wide eyes and then walked to the door. When she opened the door Tk's eyes grew, she took his breath away. She was in a long satin pink dress that reached her shoes. The dress was a spaghetti strapped with a little coat that covered her arms and shoulders. Her hair was in her regular school style except for the clips. Her short brown hair was pulled back with a pink heart clip.
"Hi Kari"
"Hi"
"Wow you're gorgeous" Tk finally managed to get out.
Kari blushed.
"Um oh sorry here I got you something"
Tk gave Kari the box of chocolates and then pulled out the little white box.
"Oh Tk you shouldn't have"
Tai winked at Tk and saw Tk's face turn bright red. Kari had opened the chocolates and set them on the table but that wasn't what took her breath away. In the little white box was a heart-shaped ruby hanging on a gold chain.
"Oh my... Tk I can't believe you got this... thank you so much" Kari could barely get out.
"Let's see it?" Tai asked
Kari turned around and held the ruby in front of her face.
"Wow! Tk! I said that right there is some major points" Tai said with a surprised face.
Tk's face turned even redder.
"Do you like it?" Tk asked
Kari turned around kissed Tk on the cheek.
"I love it"
Tk was now as red as the ruby and his eyes were wide. Tai almost cracked up.
"Will you put it on?" Kari asked Tk holding the necklace to him.
Tk unhooked the necklace and brought it around Kari's neck and latched it in the back. It really stuck out on Kari's dress.
"It's beautiful" Kari said looking at it.
"Alright lovebirds you're going to be late so let me take your picture" Tai said smiling.
Kari stood next Tk and leaned her head on his shoulder. Tk just smiled for the picture. After about 3 pics Tai let them go but not after standing in shock at the car Tk had brought.
"Isn't that your mom's?!" Tai almost yelled.
"She let me borrow it"
Tai stood in the doorway still staring at the car.
Tk opened the door and let Kari in. Once she was in Tk shut the door and walked around to the other side. Tk waved at Tai before getting in and driving away.
People stared at the Ferrari as Tk and Kari drove to the school. Once there Tk let Kari out and the two walked arm in arm into the high school gym. People stared as the couple walked into the gym. Yolei saw them and waved for the two to come and join her and her date.
The four talked for a while and then a slow dance came on. The Dj spoke "This is the first slow dance of the evening. This song is "Open Arms" by journey, and this is dedicated to Kari from Tk."
Kari looked at Tk and smiled. Tk could feel his knees shaking waiting for her reaction. Kari wrapped her arms around his neck and laid her head on his shoulders. Tk wrapped his arms around her waist and they started dancing. Kari felt so safe in his strong arms, she felt like she could melt. She hugged Tk a little tighter.
She had waited so long for this moment and she couldn't believe that it had really happened. His strong arms were resting on her waist and she felt like she was in a dream.
Should I tell her now Tk thought to himself.
I've wanted to tell her that I love ever since we were 8. I don't see why I can't tell her, I'm at the Valentine dance with her. Come on if you don't tell her soon your going to explode Tk scolded himself.
"Kari" Tk said in a shaky voice
Kari raised her head to look into his deep blue eyes.
"Yes"
" Kari I've wanted to tell you this every since we were eight. Kari I hope this doesn't ruin our friendship but I've got to tell you or it's going to eat me alive. Kari I love you. I love everything about you, your hair, your personality, your deep brown eyes, and the way you make me feel whenever I'm with you"
Kari stopped dancing and looked into Tk's ocean blue eyes. She had always been able to read how Tk was feeling by looking into his eyes. Now that she looked she could see what she had always wanted to see, Love. She could see the love in his eyes and it brought her to tears. She began to cry and Tk got scared.
"I'm sorry oh oh I didn't mean to make you cry" he said fumbling in his pocket for a handkerchief.
When he found the handkerchief and lifted his head he was greeted by Kari's lips. Tk's eyes were huge but they slowly shut. She had her hands tightly around Tk's neck. Tk wrapped his arms around Kari's waist. The two finally let go and Kari was blushing. Tk stood there stunned.
"Tk I love you too"
Tk smiled from ear to ear.
"Really?"
"I always have and I always will"
"Oh Kari I'm sorry"
"Why?"
" I should have told you a long time ago"
"It's okay I'm just happy that you said it now. Tk do you want to go for a walk in the park"
"I'd love too, but first I just want to ask you. Kari will you go out with me?"
Kari leaned up to Tk and planted her lips on his. After a minute she pulled away smiling.
"I'll take that as a yes" Tk said still a little stunned.
The couple told Yolei they were going for a walk in the park. Yolei said good night and the two left. The park was right down the street from the school so they decided to walk. They got to the park and sat down on a bench right beside the lake. Kari looked up at the moon and shivered a little. Tk took his coat off and put it on Kari. She smiled.
"I love you so much"
"I love to hear to say that" the blonde said and leaned in towards Kari. His blonde hair brushed against her forehead as his soft lips touched hers in a kiss. This is the kiss Kari had been wanting since she was 8. She loved him and he loved her too, she just felt like she could fly. Anything was possible when she was with Tk, he was her motivation, he was her strength, and now he was hers. When the two stopped kissing Kari just leaned against Tk. Tk wrapped his arm around Kari and pulled her closer to him. Out of the corner of Tk's eye he saw a shadow. He looked down at Kari but she hadn't seen it.
"Kari do you want to get back to the dance?"
" No I like it here just with you"
" I like it too but I really think we should go"
Kari raised her head up and looked at him. He had worry in his eyes like he had seen a ghost.
"Tk are you okay?"
"Yeah it's nothing I just think we should go" as he said that he saw two more shadows rush behind Kari.
Tk tightened his grip around Kari and Kari could see anger and worry rising in him.
"Alright we can go it's okay" Kari said standing up.
Tk kept his arm wrapped around her shoulder. They were almost out of the park when Kari saw a shadow up ahead run across their path. Kari froze.
"Tk did you?.."
"Yeah I did earlier I just didn't want to scare you. It's okay I won't let anything happen to you" Kari looked at his strong reassuring eyes and suddenly the worry left her.
They were going to start walking again but the shadows turned into figures and surrounded them they were about four. One had a bar another a chain and the other two just their fists.
"We don't want any trouble so just let us by please" Tk said calmly.
"Oh the two don't want any trouble" one figure mocked
"What a shame we do" another said
"We're willing to make a deal though" the one with the bar said
"What?" Tk said casually
"We'll let you go if you give us the girl"
"You know that's the funniest thing I've heard in months"
"Don't mess with us wise guy"
"Fine put it this way you can't have her and the only way you'll get near her is through me" Tk said now a hint of anger and annoyance in his voice.
"That can be arranged" the one with the chain said.
Tk bent down to Kari's ears and whispered to her.
"Kari I'll be fine these guys are just punks when I say I want you to run. I want you to run as fast as you can and don't look back"
"No I won't leave you"
"Kari I'm not going to have them hurt you. Please run?"
Kari was silent and then she whispered "Alright" a tear running down her cheek.
Tk kissed her cheek and then looked up. The four were starting to close in on them. Tk grabbed Kari's hand and when the men got close enough he kicked two of them putting them off balance. He pushed Kari through the opening.
"Run!!"
Kari started running.
"Oh now your going to pay"
Just before Kari was out of hearing distance she heard a loud crack and a familiar voice scream in agony. Tears started rushing down her cheeks and she ran faster towards the school. The dance was over and everyone was leaving. Luckily Tai and Matt had come to see Tk and Kari and take more pictures with their friends just as a surprise. They were talking to Yolei when Kari came running towards them crying furiously.
Tai caught his sister.
"Kari!! What's wrong!!! Where's Tk!"
"He's oh gosh Tai I left him but he told me too" Kari sobbed
"Where is he Kari?" Matt asked worried
"He's in the park! We were walking when four guys surrounded us he told me to run and then I heard a crack and a scream oh Tai! They're going to kill him!!!"
"What did they want?" Yolei asked
"Me if he gave me up they'd let him go"
"Oh crap Matt let's go" Tai said looking up but Matt was way ahead of him.
Matt was already running to the park. Tai charged down the sidewalk.
"Kari he'll be fine we have to go call the cops" Yolei said
"You stay with your friend all go call them" Kyle (Yolei's date) said running into the gym.
"He screamed Yolei"
"He'll be okay he's tough"
"No you don't understand they had a chain and a metal bar"
Yolei's eyes got wide with fear and she hugged Kari.
"Come on let's go to the hospital and wait."
Matt and Tai ran into the park and saw four figures standing and laughing. The two ran to them and heard their words as they got closer.
"Should have given us the girl goody two shoes"
"Eat dirt you trash" Tk said as another blow from the bar hit Tk and that was the last blow he could take. Tk fell to the ground.
"Hey ugly over here!!" Matt yelled at the leader.
The leader turned around to be greeted by a fist. Tai attacked the guy with the chain, he grabbed the chain and wrapped it around his hands and then kneed him in the stomach.
Before the others could attack cop sirens started getting near.
"We'll get you guys later" the four said and ran off.
"We're shaking in our boots" Tai said.
The two men went to the blonde that was lying on the ground. It was terrible his hair was about the only thing that they could see. His entire body was bleeding though not all was his. When Matt and Tai got there they noticed that the four had been beaten up themselves. It was nowhere near Tk's injuries.
The Paramedics and the cops came running up to the three. Matt and Tai were kneeling next to Tk.
"Hey bro you okay?" Matt said his throat sounding like something was caught in it.
"Kari... is she okay?" was all he could get out
"Yeah she's fine" Tai said his eyes watering.
The paramedics pushed in towards Tk and Matt and Tai had to tell the cops what had happened. Matt rode to the hospital in the ambulance with Tk and Tai went in the police car. When they got there Tk was immediately rushed into the emergency room. Matt and Tai came walking into the waiting room to see Kari and Yolei sitting there. As soon as they walked in Kari jumped up and ran to them.
"Is Tk okay?" Kari asked.
"Yes he's fine he got beat pretty bad but he'll survive" Matt said
"What are the injuries?"
"He has a couple of broken ribs and a broken arm he has cuts and bruises everywhere, that's all they could tell in the ambulance we'll get the entire list when he's out of the ER room"
...Half an hour later...
Cody came rushing in with a gym bag on his shoulder.
"How is he? I got here as soon as I could"
"We don't know yet," Tai said quietly.
Cody opened the gym bag to reveal Patamon, Gatomon, and Armadilliomon.
"What happened to Tk?" Gatomon and Patamon asked in sync both with worried tones.
"We don't know"
Then a doctor came towards the eight.
"Which of you is related to Takeru Takashi?" the doctor asked
"I am" Matt said standing up.
"We need to talk"
"Okay"
"Follow me"
"No they can hear too there close friends"
"Alright, he has 3 broken ribs, a broken arm, his head has many cuts, and a broken nose"
"Ouch" Matt said with a painful face
"Ouch is right he's in a lot of pain. We have some prescription painkillers that his parents need to sign"
"My mom and dad's phone have both been busy but I left a message"
"Well you can temporarily sign for hi..." the doctor was cut off but a loud bang.
The doors to the hospital swung open and Matt and Tk's parents both came skidding in the hospital.
"Where is my son!" Tk's mom yelled.
The two parents searched and saw Matt.
"Matt where's your brother?" Matt's dad asked
"He's in surgery" the doctor said
"Oh Matt are you okay? What happened? Is Tk okay?" Tk's mom started spitting out questions.
"Mom, Dad, calm down. He's fine this is the doctor and he needs to talk to you" Matt said and backed away to leave his parents to talk to the doctor.
...1 hour later...
Cody, Yolei, and armadilliomon went home they were sorry but their parents were going to be worried. Tai had called home and told his parents where him and Kari were. Mr. and Mrs. Kamiya said Tai and Kari could stay as long as they wanted and to call if they need anything.
Tk and Matt's parents came walking down the hall from the doctor's office they had been in.
"Mom what's going on?" Matt asked
"Tk has to stay over night but he'll be out tomorrow"
"He's out of surgery and we can see him" Matt's dad said noticing the worried look on all the teenagers faces.
Tai and Kari stood up and with Gatomon and Patamon the 5 went to see Tk. The parents had already seen their child so they went their separate ways home. Matt was the first in the room followed by Tai and then Kari holding the two digimon. The digimon jumped off of Kari and ran to Tk. Kari sat in the back of the room and watched Matt and Tai talk to Tk.
"Hey squirt" Tai said looking at the injured blonde.
"How do you fell?" Matt reluctantly asked.
" Like I got hit by a truck and then thrown over a cliff" Tk said pain written all over his face
"Well it wasn't that bad but you got beat up pretty bad"
"So how bad did I do?"
"3 broken ribs, a broken nose, broken arm, and your head has a lot of cuts but from here I can't see them that well your hair just has a red tint." Tai said looking at the blonde's hair.
"Ouch no wonder I don't feel good"
"So I leave you alone for one night and you get into a fight" Patamon scolded
"I know I mean Tk what happened" Gatomon started
" I'm so sorry" Tk said sarcastically "Hey where's Kari is she okay" his face now looking concerned
"She's fine and she's in the room" Tai said
" So you want to talk in private?" Matt asked
"Please?" Tk said trying to sit up to see Kari.
Tk fell back down the pain from his ribs was too much to bare. Tai, Matt, Patamon, and Gatomon left the room leaving the couple.
"Kari?" Tk called out
"Yes" Kari answered from the back of the room
" Can you come here I can't sit up it hurts too much?"
Kari slowly walked to the side of the bed. Tk looked up at her.
"What's wrong my angel of light?"
Kari smiled but the smile soon faded.
"Tk I'm sorry"
"For what?"
"For not helping you I should have done something"
"You did you got help and they took me to the hospital"
"No I mean with the bully's I should have stayed"
"No I told you to run. If you had stayed they could have taken you and done who knows what. There was no way I was going to let that happen"
Kari raised her eyes to Tk's. His ocean blue eyes seemed to hold her in a trance. She felt so safe and complete just being with him.
"Tk you've always been there for me. Thank you so much"
" Your welcome"
Kari wanted to hug him just to be in his arms. She wanted to feel safe and happy with his arms wrapped around her but she knew she couldn't. Tk looked at Kari and saw how she felt.
"I love you" he said with the same innocent voice of the eight year old that Kari had known so long ago.
" I love you too Takeru"
Suddenly Tk's eyes rolled back and closed.
"Tk!!!!"
Matt and the others heard her scream. In fact the entire staff heard Kari. Tk's doctor came running in followed by Tai and the others. Kari was grabbing Tk's arm and shaking him.
"Tk wake up!!!! Tk please!!!" and then she collapsed.
The doctor ran up to the bed to see Tk. Tai and Matt picked up Kari.
"Kari what happened?" Matt asked worried.
" We were talking and then his eyes rolled back and closed!!" Kari said shaking and crying.
A second later a team of doctors and nurse's ran in and wheeled Tk back to the emergency room. Matt grabbed Tk's doctor before he left the room.
"Doctor what happened?" Matt said impatiently.
"We don't know how it happened but somehow he has internal bleeding. The only theory is that maybe the broken ribs punctured a major organ. We getting him into surgery right away I'm sure he'll be fine" the doctor said and left
"Internal Bleeding oh no!!" Kari screamed
"Kari calm down I'm sure he'll be fine" Tai said with a concerned face
The five walked out into the waiting room with Kari. It was almost 1 am and Matt and the others were getting tired.
" We'll come first thing after school" Tai said trying to convince Kari to leave.
"It's okay you guys go home I'll stay here and tell mom and dad I'm staying home from school today" Kari said rather calmly.
"Kari are you sure?" Gatomon asked
"Yeah I'm fine you all go home"
"I'm fine if you want some company" Patamon said
"I'll be okay I'll call you if anything happens"
"Alright.... You said you call" Tai said reluctantly
"Yes I'll be okay!" Kari said rather irritated.
"Fine night sis" Tai said and kissed his sister's forehead and left with the others.
Kari waited she fell asleep and woke up to find a blanket on her. It was a hospital blanket and the waiting room was empty. When she checked her watch it read 5:00 am.
She looked around and saw only a nurse at her desk. The nurse smiled at her.
"Hi dear are you okay?"
"Yes, did you put this blanket on me?" Kari asked sleepily
"Yes you looked cold"
"Thank you very much"
"Your welcome, I heard about your friend Takeru I think"
"Yeah Tk"
"Is that his nickname?"
"Yes, do you know how he's doing?" Kari seemed awake now.
"Oh don't worry they were able to stop the internal bleeding and he's sleeping in his room"
Kari smiled stood up to stretch.
"Dear you can go home and check on him later"
Kari smiled " It's okay I'll just stay and wait"
"Well you must care about him"
Now Kari blushed " Yeah"
"If you don't mind me asking what happened" the nurse asked sweetly
Kari's smile faded " He got in a fight"
"Oh boys do fight but I don't see how a fight could give someone that many injuries"
"It wasn't his fault" Kari said walking towards the nurse's desk, " We left our Valentine Dance to go for a walk in the park right down the street. We were talking until he got kind of tense and said he wanted to leave. I soon found out why he hadn't wanted to scare me. We started walking and soon I saw what had made him tense up, I saw shadows running across our path. We kept walking and then the shadows became figures and they surrounded us. One had a bar and the other a chain. They said that if Tk... if Tk handed..." a tear ran down Kari's cheek.
"You don't have to say it dear" the nurse said walking around to Kari.
"They said if Tk gave me to them that they would let him go"
"Oh that's horrible"
"Well Tk told them to basically drop dead"
"Good for him"
"But then they started moving in towards us. Tk told me to run when he said. I didn't want to but he pushed me and told me to run and not to stop. So I ran and right before I got out of hearing range I heard him scream with a loud crack. I got help but I still feel like I should have done something more. He cried out in pain and I ran... I ran" Kari was now sobbing and the nurse was hugging her.
"Dear you did all that you could have." The nurse raised Kari's eyes to hers, " He chose to protect you and I think he loves you. And if he loves you the beating he took was nothing compared to your safety. Your lucky to have such a boyfriend"
Kari smiled and stopped crying "Your right thank you so much"
"No problem" as the nurse spoke a little beeping started
"What's that?" Kari asked
"That's one of the patients," the nurse walked around to her desk and stopped the beeping, " Oh well what luck it's your Takeru would you like to come with me?"
"What is something wrong?" Kari looked panicked
"No he just beeped it because he needs something"
"Okay sure I'd love to come"
The nurse and Kari walked down the hall to Tk's room. The nurse opened the door to reveal a very pale Tk. He had his one good hand behind his head and he was looking at the ceiling. The noise from the door brought his attention to the nurse and Kari. His eyes immediately brighten at the sight of Kari.
"Wow the service here is great I buzz for another pillow and I get my girlfriend man I love it here" Tk said a hint of play in his voice.
" Funny Mr. Takashi I'll be back in a minute with another pillow," the nurse said and walked out leaving the couple alone.
" How are you feeling Tk?" Kari asked as calmly as she could
"Great"
Kari stood where she was.
"Really I'm fine the doctor said I'm fine and nothing else is wrong with me"
Kari continued to stand as a statue.
"I'm sorry if I scared you" Tk said his deep blue eyes making her melt.
Kari stood for another second and then ran to the bed.
"Tk I was so scared your eyes rolled back and you barely breathing and I was so scared," Kari said and she began to shake and cry.
Tk reached out with his good arm and pulled her towards him. He scooted up a little in his bed so he was almost sitting up. He gently hugged her trying to avoid his ribs.
"Kari it's okay I wasn't going to leave you. You don't need to worry"
Kari's forehead leaned against Tk's and she looked into his strong comforting eyes.
"I was just so afraid I was going to lose you"
The nurse walked down the hall with the pillow. She started to open the door when she heard the young couple and decided to wait.
"I love you my angel of light and I won't leave you"
The nurse smiled and sat down on a chair outside the door. Tk raised his lips to Kari's and pulled her into a passionate kiss. Kari felt like nothing had happened and everything around her melted away until it was just her and Tk. When the two pulled apart Tk's eyes shined as he smiled at Kari. Kari smiled back and kissed his forehead.
" You get some rest and I'll be here when you wake up" Kari said and pulled up a chair next to his bed.
She grabbed his hand and Tk laid back and fell asleep. Kari watched him sleep for a minute, he looked so sweet. His blonde hair moved across his face as the wind blew in through a vent in the ceiling. Before she knew it she fell asleep watching him. The nurse opened the door when she heard silence and looked at the two. She put a blanket on Kari and put the pillow in her lap. Before she shut the door she looked back and saw the two still holding hands.
"They're going to make it in life," she said to herself with a smile and shut the door behind her.
It was 11:00 am when Tk woke up. He opened his eyes and looked around for Kari but she wasn't there.
"Hey where she'd go?" he asked himself
Then the door opened and Kari walked in with a tray of food.
"Sorry I would have been here except that you slept for quite a while and I got hungry"
"It's okay, why aren't you at school?" he asked confusion written all over his face
"And leave you here alone I don't think so"
"Well what'd you get"
"Some stuff in the cafeteria but I'm not sure what"
"Ahh well I'm not that hungry anyways I don't think my stomach can handle anything"
"Yep the nurse says you get your nutrients from the ivy for now so you can't have solid food for a day or two"
"Figures"
"So where stuck in here all day you want me to get some games?"
"I'm fine as long as you're here my Angel"
Kari blushed and kissed Tk on the cheek.
"I'll go see what they have in the way of board games"
"Kay"
Kari again walked out of the room in search of some games.
...At school...
"Where's Kari?" Davis asked Yolei
"She's at the hospital" Yolei answered tiredly
"What!! Did something happen to her?"
"No she's with Tk"
"Why what happened to him"
"He got jumped last night and in the process of protecting Kari he got the crap beat out of him. Broken ribs, nose, and an arm"
"Ouch!!"
"Yeah so Kari's staying with him"
"Well I'll visit him after school"
"So is everyone else," Yolei said " I have to head to class or I'm going to be late"
"Bye Yolei" Davis said walked to his homeroom.
...Back at the Hospital...
Kari was whooping Tk at checkers.
" I wish I could go outside I hate to be trapped inside" Tk complained
"Well your injuries present a problem" Kari smiled
"But I feel fine"
"You're kidding"
"No I don't feel any pain"
"That's the medication"
Just then the nurse walked in.
"Hi I'm hear to take you to get some x-rays and then it's the end of my shift"
"Alright" Tk said
"Excuse me mam we never got your name" Kari said
"I'm Lily Smith"
" I'm Hikari Kamiya but you can call me Kari"
"And I'm Takeru Takashi but I'm called Tk"
"Well it's been a pleasure to have met you but now we need to head to x-rays"
"Alright" Tk said
The nurse wheeled Tk out in a wheel chair and Kari stayed in the room to wait for him to come back. Kari soon fell asleep but woke up to the noise of the door about 45 minutes later. A different nurse wheeled in Tk, Tk was helped into the bed although he said he didn't need it. The nurse then left.
"So how I'd it go handsome" Kari asked the light breeze from the window blowing in her hair.
"Great I told him I feel fine and he said he'd have the x-rays tomorrow and I had to stay until then"
"Great another day in this hospital it's just so dull"
"You don't have to stay"
" And leave you here with all these nurse's no way I have to watch you or you might get taken"
Tk laughed and sat up in his bed. Kari stared for a minute in shock.
"Tk doesn't that hurt I mean your ribs"
"No I feel fine I told ya I don't feel like I was ever in that fight"
...After school...
Kari and Tk sat talking when the doors swung open to reveal Matt, Tai, Sora, Mimi, Joe, Izzy, Yolei, Cody, and Davis.
"Hey guys" Kari said cheerfully
"How are you guys doing?" Sora asked
"I'm fine I feel great" Tk replied
"I'm just a little tired" Kari said
Kari and Tk were holding hands and they looked so content. Davis felt his insides turn upside down he liked Kari but he knew that he wouldn't do what Tk did for her. He doesn't know if he would risk his life for Kari but he knew Tk would die for her without a second's hesitation. They looked so happy together so Davis decided not to pursue Kari for now.
"So how ya been Ta" Davis said cheerfully
Everyone in the room glared at him.
"I mean how ya been Tk"
"Fine little bruised but nothing much"
"Ha," Matt said, "As I recall maybe you were a little broken! And if I ever find those punks I'm going to give them a couple of bruises"
"Chill Matt I don't think they'll be around anymore"
"Well I hope not"
The group talked for about and hour but soon Joe and Izzy had to leave to study for a test. Mimi had a manicure appointment and Yolei and Cody had homework. Reluctantly Sora and Tai had to depart. Davis said he had homework and left with a couple of minutes after Yolei and Cody. Matt stayed until 8:00 and then had to leave as soon as Matt left Tai and Sora returned with a bag of stuff for Tk and Kari. Just some overnight and personal stuff.
When Tk and Kari opened their bags Patamon and Gatomon popped out.
"Wow I'm free you know it's really stuffy in there and your toothbrush was jabbing me in the side" Patamon said stretching his wings
"Kari's brush got caught in my tail" Gatomon said rubbing her tail carefully
"Hi ya guys what are you doing here?" Tk asked
"You make it sound like a bad thing Takeru" Patamon said somewhat hurt.
"No I just wasn't expecting you"
"Well were here" Gatomon said settling herself in Kari's lap
"I see," Tk said resting in his bed.
" Shush it's time to go to bed," Patamon said getting comfortable on top of Tk.
"Night everyone," Kari said and fell asleep with Gatomon.
Tk just looked at Kari and watched her sleep for a while. With out realizing it he moved his supposed to be broken arm to scratch his nose that was supposed to be broken. After a minute he realized what he had just down and carefully he touched his ribs and they felt fine. He gently picked up Patamon and placed him on the bed, he picked up Gatomon and put her beside Gatomon. Then he gently nudged Kari's hand.
"Hum Gatomon what is it?" she asked with her eyes closed
"It's Tk," he said with a smile
"What is it Tk I'm really tired," she said opening her eyes to see him kneeling in front of her.
"Tk what is it.... Oh my gosh your out of bed!! How are you doing that?"
"Shush don't wake them up. I don't know but I feel fine and I can move my arm," he said demonstrating "and my nose is fine"
"Wow oh my gosh this is great," Kari said hugging him "Let's go see the nurse"
They walked out only to be greeted by the nurse that they had gotten to know over the passed few nights. She was carrying a folder in her hands she looked at Tk and then smiled.
"I know what you're going to see and I don't know how it happened I saw your x-rays and the wounds everything is healed," the nursed said with a shocked face.
"That's great," Kari said and kissed Tk's cheek
"The doctors can't explain it but you're free to go whenever"
"Thank you so much you have been a wonderful nurse I'm happy you were mine but we would like to go see our family so can we leave now," Tk said smiling
"Thank you and yes you can leave get your stuff and come and check out at my desk" with that the nurse walked toward her desk and Kari grabbed Tk's arm and pulled him down the hall.
They opened the door and got their bags and their digimon.
"Tk what are you doing?" Patamon asked looking up at his friend
"Were going home"
"What are you talking about and how are you standing?" Gatomon asked
"My wounds are healed the doctors have no idea what happened but I think it has something to do with hope" he said smiling
"Cool can we just go home and go to bed" Gatomon said
"Sure" Kari said wrapping her up in a blanket
Kari went out and called Tai and asked him to come to the hospital he hung up and dashed out the door before she could say why. Tk checked out and sat down in the waiting room with Kari. The doors to the hospital flung open and both Tai and Matt in their PJ's came rushing in and skid to the nurse's desk. The nurse chuckled and told them to keep quiet because people were trying to sleep.
"Kari called is Tk okay? I mean Takeru Takashi is he okay?" Matt asked frantically worry written all over his face
"Yes he's fine"
"Can we see him?" Tai asked just as impatient
"No I'm afraid he's checked out," the nurse said with a smile
"What! Who checked him out?" Matt asked
"Oh why he did he walked up here and checked himself out"
"HUH?!!" Tai said not utterly confused
Matt and Tai turned around to the sound of some giggling. When they saw Kari holding her hand over her mouth laughing. And next to her was Tk holding a sleeping Patamon and Gatomon. Kari was holding their luggage and she would have dropped the digimon because she was laughing so hard.
"What the!" Matt said looking at his sibling
"Hi bro you know some people are trying to sleep you guys might want to keep it down I'm afraid if you wake these two up," he said gesturing to the two digimon "they will rip you up"
"What how are you?" Tai asked rubbing his head
"I'm healed the doctors don't know why but personally I think it had something to do with a little hope and a little light," he said with a grin
"Let's go home we can talk more at home," Matt said leading them to the car.
The next day...
"So it just healed by itself?" Matt asked still in shock
"Well personally I think that some light was involved," Tk said with a smile
"Uh huh"
"Well if you don't mind Kari and I are going to the carnival"
"Alright go," Matt said pushing Tk away.
'Knock Knock'
"I'll get it!" Kari yelled running to the door
"Hi y.." Tk was cut off by Kari's lips touching his.
Tai walked into the living room to see his sister and Tk practically making out in the doorway. So he walked up and pulled them apart.
"Some of us still have to eat breakfast," he said walking into the kitchen
Kari glared at him.
"Let's go," Kari said extending her hand to Tk.
"Whatever you say angel"
At the Carnival...
Yolei and Ken came walking up to Tk and Kari.
"Hey Tk how are you doing?" Ken asked
Tk noticed that the two were holding hands but he finally answered.
"Uh yeah I'm fine. Um if you don't mind me asking but do you guys realize your holding hands?" Tk stuttered
Yolei laughed.
"Duh silly Ken's my boyfriend"
"Your what!!!" Kari screamed
"Don't act so surprised" Yolei smiled
"Well it's just that"
"We'll talk about it later Kari Ken and I are going to go have some fun. See you guys later," Yolei said dragging Ken off
"Bye Tk! Bye Kari!" was all Ken could get out before he was out of hearing distance.
"Well what do you know," Tk said
"I think they're cute together," Kari said
"I think they are too. Now what do you say we go on the Ferris wheel"
"It's wimpy," Kari complained
" I know but the fair just started and we can sit up there alone for a while"
"Alright"
The two walked up to the Ferris wheel and gave their tickets to the guy(I don't know what you call them, the people who take your tickets).
Once on Kari wrapped her arms around Tk's. Did I say wrap I meant she squeezed his arm so tight he began to lose feeling in his arm.
"OW!!! Kari what's wrong?!"
"I might be a little afraid of being stuck in a whimsy chair who knows how many feet off the ground," Kari said shaking a little
"I thought you said it was wimpy," the blonde said a smile playing on his lips
Kari lightly punched Tk.
"Be quiet!"
"Alright! Alright!" Tk laughed
The Ferris wheel began to move and stopped at the top. Kari looked over the edge trying not to move the little cart.
"Tk!" she screamed
"Kari it's okay your not gonna fall I'm right here"
Kari looked up at the blonde. When her eyes met his deep blue eyes everything else disappeared. She wasn't on the Ferris wheel anymore she was floating with her guardian.
"Kari it's okay I won't let you fall just relax"
The soft sound of Tk's voice comforted Kari and she leaned back in the seat. She leaned her head against Tk's and closed her eyes. She felt like she was going to fall asleep when the wheel started moving again. She squeezed her eyes shut and tried to relax. She was about to scream again when she felt a hand on her face. It was a strong gentle hand and just the feeling of his touch made her body go to jello.
She opened her eyes to see two blue oceans. His eyes made her body shiver with joy. The wheel still moving Tk leaned in and the their lips met. Again Kari felt joy rush through her and she felt like she was floating as his soft lips touched hers. The wheel stopped but the two didn't stop they didn't seem to notice the world around them.
Not only did they not notice the world around them they didn't see the couple come walking towards the Ferris wheel. The couple stopped and the lavender haired girl pulled her camera out.
"Hey you two!" Yolei called
"Smile!" Ken called
Kari and Tk didn't have enough time to break apart before they heard the snap of the picture being taken. When they broke they saw Ken and Yolei smiling with a picture in hand.
"In public Kari gosh aren't you a little embarrassed! Just wait till Matt and Tai see this!" Yolei called her grin getting wider every second
"Yolei give me that picture!" Kari called but the couple were already gone running off in the crowd.
The two gave each other a look of panic.
"What do you think they'll do?" Tk asked
"Oh the lecture, the chase the usual" Kari smiled
"Well we mine as well enjoy the time we have left," Tk said a mischievous look on his face
"You'd like that wouldn't you"
"I love you"
"Sucking up now are we?"
"You don't love me?" Tk gave a puppy dogface
"Now don't get that idea"
"Promise me you won't leave me I don't know what I'd do if I lost you"
"Only if you promise me the same"
"I love you my angel of light"
"I love you too"
And the two leaned in to another kiss as the wheel began spinning in circles.


THE END

So how bad was it? Please if you want to critic it I'm new at this so I need the help.
Sailor Hope ;)