Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Let's Make Kari Jealous ❯ Teasing troubles ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
“Davis… Man on!”
 
The last soccer at this school before the Digi-Destined would all be heading off to high-school. Except for Cody, who still had a few grades to go, and Yolei… who was already in high-school but she made it back just for this game, and for good reason. Davis' soccer team was playing against Ken's, and so far the match was a tie. Yolei didn't know rightly who to root for ever since she and Ken officially started dating. “Ooh… Davis or Ken… Davis, or Ken?” she kept asking herself over again.
 
She was so wrapped up in her own thoughts that she didn't even realize that she was squeezing Hawkmon in her lap. “Mmm… I say, but it is getting rather hard for me to breathe down here!” he cried.
 
Veemon, who was sitting in Kari's lap, was cheering for Davis. Kari TK, Patamon, and Gatomon were too. “You can do it Davis…” Kari called.
 
Davis didn't even wink back at them, and his face seemed actually angrier than focused on the game. He roared angrily as he stole the ball and made a goal for his team.
 
Half the crowd went wild. “Way to go Davish!” Veemon called.
 
“Well, what do you know…?” Cody said. “He may actually win against Ken's team for once.
 
Now Ken's team had the ball, and time was running out. Already there wasn't enough time to win, but just enough to try and tie. “Go Ken go…” cried the Tamachi cheerleaders…
 
“NO…!” Davis thundered as he came in for a close steal.
 
“Huh…? AAH…!” Ken looked over just in time as he tripped over Davis' foot. IT almost looked exactly like Davis was deliberately trying to trip Ken like the last time, but the referee saw Davis' feet hit the ball without touch Ken at all.
 
No penalty was called, not that there was time for one as time had run out. “Time's up…” the announcer called, “And I'm sorry everyone, but I'm afraid that the Tamachi team led by Ken Ichijouchi has lost.”
 
The Cheer leaders were on their knees and blubbered like babies, and a lot of students from Ken's school were really disappointed. While all the Obadiah students were cheering for joy.
 
For the first time ever, Davis team had beaten Ken's. All of Davis' teammates were jumping for Joy, but Davis still helped Ken up to his feet. “Thanks Davis… and congratulations too.” his friend said.
 
The best friends shook hands, but Davis' features hadn't changed. “Yeah… whatever.” He said as he walked off the field.
 
This confused his teammates, and the others. “Hey, where's Davis going?” TK asked.
 
The others all stood up just in time to see Davis grab his stuff and head for the streets on his way home. The others jogged to catch up with him… “Davis, wait up!” Kari called. “You forgot something…”
 
Davis stopped and saw that she was still carrying Veemon. “Davish, are you okay?” Veemon as when he hopped into the bag. “I'm fine… never felt better.” Davis said with sarcasm.
 
TK walked forward a bit, “Davis really… what's got you so looking down?” he asked.
 
Davis looked at him with furry in his eyes, “Maybe you'd like to… walk home with Kari again, and maybe you'd like to hold her hand like you were at the game too.”
 
Everyone took that harshly, but Kari's feature suddenly hardened, “Davis, for the last time… TK walked home with me because I had a lot of books to carry, and I asked for his help.”
 
“Sure… but when I asked if you wanted help you said you didn't want It.” protested Davis. “I'll bet this is just another one of your little crusades to make me feel jealous again.”
 
“That's enough Davis!” Kari snapped, “You're acting so self-centered, sometimes I don't even know who you are.” Then she turned on her heal and walked the other way up the street. “Kari, wait up!” Gatomon called.
 
Patamon and TK ran to catch up with her, but not before TK stared back at Davis and told him angrily, “Nice going Davis and after we cheered for you too!”
 
Then they were gone, but Davis just grunted, “Whatever…”
 
As the others walked up the street with Davis, Armadillamon asked, “Gee Davis… why in the name of the ranch do you hate TK so much?”
 
Davis sighed, “Look… I don't exactly hate him; I'm just so mad right now.” he said, “All the time, Kari's flirting with him just to make me jealous, and I can't take it anymore!”
 
The others knew what he was getting at, sometimes they also had felt that Kari was going a little overboard with her jealously pranks, and what angered Davis most of all was all that he had done for her, TK and the rest of the team and the world in their Digital-adventures…
 
He and Veemon never gave up when things were hopeless, and Kari still kept up her pranks…
 
“You'll defeat the Emperor, won't you TK.”
 
“He has plans… with me.”
 
“Go TK…!”
 
Davis closed his eyes, gritted his teeth, and clenched his fist. “I do a whole load of good things, but to her it's like I do nothing! It's always TK, TK, TK…! She just likes to play me for a moron.”
 
“Davis, stop it!” Yolei snapped, “I'll admit that Kari can get a little carried away too, but that's no reason to make her look like a witch.”
 
“She's got a point Davis…” added Cody, “Sometimes How Kari, or any girl would like you like that.”
 
Cody shut up when Davis face turned beet-red and his growling became scary to the others. The he turned round and dashed up the street away from them. Poor little Veemon was feeling sick from both the smell of Davis' gym-bag, and from the whooshing air. “Ooh… I think I'm going to blow!” he cried as he held his mouth shut.
 
“What did I say?” Cody asked.
 
“Only the wrong things to say to, Cody…” Ken answered. “To tell you the truth, I don't think he deserves all this being made fun of, and teased.”
 
“I hate to say this, but I agree with Ken.” Hawkmon added, “Davis is still a human being, and he does have breakable feelings that should at times be cherished rather than toyed with. Remember, having fun at the expense of someone else can be quite costly.”
 
Cody and Yolei however were barely able to hang onto that long description, but Yolei did feel maybe she was a little harsh on Davis. “Why don't you two try and make it up to him tomorrow?” Wormon suggested.
 
The others agreed. They owed Davis a little, and they did want him to cheer up a bit too.
 
 
When Davis got home that night, he didn't even notice Tai was there. Tai had been dating Jun for a few weeks, though no one quite understood what he saw in that flake, but they were going out again that night, and Jun was finishing up in the bathroom
 
“Hey, Davis, what's up?” he said to him, “Heard you beat Ken today?”
 
Davis too no notice of him and just butted past his sister as she came out of the bathroom. “Hey, watch it, Squirt!” she snarled, but Davis didn't even respond.
 
Tai asked Veemon what was wrong, and Veemon just said, “Well I'll give you two guesshesh, but you'll only need one.”
 
Tai sighed, “Kari…”
 
“Honestly… I don't know what he sees in her.” Jun said as she fixed her earrings “But he'll have to learn the hard way.”
 
Tai laughed at that expression that sounded just like what people thought about what he saw in Jun. To Tai, Jun was a little flaky, but she knew how to be fun, and sweet.
 
 
As Davis was taking his shower… he thought really hard and deeply, “Man… just once, I'd like to make Kari feel jealous. Yeah… then I'd show her what it's like to be teased that way.