Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Let's Make Kari Jealous ❯ Catch you later Dude. ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SIX
 
Kari and Davis rushed outside…
 
According to Leticia's text message, she was at a tattoo parlor. “Why would she go there?” Kari asked as they both ran.
 
“She must still be trying to be all cool like I showed her.” Davis said, “But I never told her anything about tattoos.”
 
As they ran along, they were joined up by the others whom were informed by Tai where they were going. “How much further…?” Cody asked. “You know I can't run as fast as you guys.”
 
The parlor was just around the next block, but as the gang turned the corner, they were all confronted by that black limo. “Oh no…!” Kari cried, “Not him again…”
 
Everyone watched as the tall man exited the car, and he dashed over to Davis and held him up by the shirt-collar and shook him vigorously. “All right… you talk now!” he growled deeply. “Vhere is Leticia?”
 
“Dude…” cried Davis, “I can't breathe…!”
 
The man let go of Davis, and then he actually began to cry into his hand. “Oh, ho… it is no use… Leticia is gone… Now Hugo vill be fired for sure…”
 
TK moved closer towards the man, “Who exactly are you?”
 
“And why is Leticia so important?” added Ken.
 
Hugo explained the gang that Leticia's father was a big diplomat, who had come to Japan for a delegate mission. Hugo was the bodyguard and it was his job to make sure that Leticia remained safe…
 
“But that is so hard for Hugo to do… Leticia is always running off to be vith Davis Moto-Miya… and be like cool teenager. Now Leticia is lost. Hugo has F-a-a-ailed… Oh, ho, ho, ho…”
 
“Aw, don't be upset.” Yolei said, “Really, I can't stand seeing a grown man cry.”
 
Hugo stopped his blubbering when Davis told him about where Leticia was, and everyone dashed the rest of the way to the tattoo parlor. They rushed right in just in time to see Leticia go off into the next room. “LETICIA…!” Davis called.
 
Leticia turned round just in time “Davis…?”
 
The two ran towards each other, and collided in a huge hug. When Davis asked what she was doing at the parlor, Leticia showed everyone a small picture of Davis she had. “I vas planning to have Davis' picture tattooed onto my… uh, how you say… buns.”
 
Everyone, even Davis seemed disgusted by just the thought of that.
 
“Dis vill prove that I am true friend… and not a total liar, no?”
 
Hugo burst into tears again, “Oh, ho, ho, hoo… Hugo knew it!” he cried, “Hugo vill be in car… preparing last will.”
 
Kari came clean with Leticia and told her about lying to her because she was jealous. “She's telling the truth…” Davis said, “I really do like you, and we are friends.” He took his picture form her, “But… I think it would be better if you framed this and hung it on your wall. Personally…” he laughed a little, “Even I think tattooing it on your rear-end is too far for me.”
 
“Hey… at least it'll be less painful.” Kari joked. Everyone shared a good laugh, but then Leticia looked a little sad. “Oh… something is still painful, Davis. For tomorrow I must back to my home country. I vill be… missink you.”
 
The others awed at that.
 
“I'll… miss you too.” Davis said. “But hey… we can still talk over the internet, and maybe I'll come by and see you once the Digital-World gates are fully repaired.”
 
Leticia smiled, “Vhenever I eat pizza… or kick a soccer-ball… I vill be thinkink about you.” And she planted a kiss on Davis' head.
 
Yolei couldn't hold it in anymore, and began sobbing in her hands. “Oh wow… that is so beautiful.” she sobbed.
 
Davis and Leticia laughed a little and then they ran off to spend whatever time they had left, and Kari actually let them go. Still… she couldn't help but still feel slightly attracted to Davis.
 
“What do you think she sees in him?” TK asked.
 
“I don't know…” Kari said, “But I think I see it.”
 
The next day…
 
Davis looked way up into the sky at a huge airplane, and he was talking with Leticia on his cell-phone. “Goodbye Davis… or how it is they say like… Catch you… Later… Dude.”
 
“So long Leticia…” Davis said, “Text, or email me any time.”
 
As he hung up his phone, the other asked if he'd be all right. “Oh yeah… I'll be fine.” Davis said “Oh…but it's just that…”
 
“What… what is it?” Ken asked.
 
Davis began pulling on his hair in frustration “She called me a FRIEND! Gaah! I'm still stuck in the friend-zone.”
 
The others shared a laugh, “Davis… you're still too young for all that stuff to get too serious yet.” Yolei said.
 
“Yeah right… you started crushing on Ken at the same age.” Davis said to her.
 
Yolei stood corrected.
 
Kari however thought that how Davis took the goodbye was pretty sweet. “You really impressed me this time Davis.” Kari said, “Really you did…”
 
Davis blushed, “Really? I… I did…?”
 
Kari laughed… and soon she was joined by the others, except for Davis who just stood there in a daze.
 
Still… the time he spent with Leticia taught him a lot about dating for the first time in his life, and while Kari admitted that she did harbor slight feelings for Davis, they two of them agreed that it wasn't actually enough to start dating.
 
Perhaps they would be able to get it on, and maybe even go all the way… but… those are other stories… for another time.