Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Love and Friendship ❯ Realization ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love and Friendship

Chapter Seven: Realization

By KellyQ

Cathleen walked in the room. The past few days, Prince Lee has been acting strange; distant like. She tried very hard to get him to talk but nothing seemed to work. She sat on the bed when she heard a pecking sound from the window. Cathleen walked to the window to see an owl holding a piece of folded up paper in her claw. She opened the door took the letter out the owls hand and closed the door. Unfolding it her eyes widen with shock, it was a letter to Lee and Lady Ruki saying that Juri was ill.

"The owl should be here," Said Lee walking in with Ruki.

"Lee-chan?"

"Huh? Oh no," he whispered seeing the letter in her hand, "Cathleen ... I can explain!"

"Get out!"

"Cathleen, please ... it's not what you think!"

"I know what exactly what's going on! Writing love letters to a slave and cheating behind my back! Now get out!"

"I'm very sorry ... I should've been honest with you from the start ...."

"Damn right around that! Now get out!"

"Cathleen. Please. Just hear me out ...."

"Get out!"

"Cathleen ... I do like you ... I just don't think being forced into marriage when he don't know each other would be a good idea ... and I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings ... I'll never do that again." Lee said quickly, turning around and walking out followed by his cousin.

"Lee ... wait ..." she sighed as the prince turned to face her, "your right .... why didn't say something before?"

"My parents. They would be really mad if they found out that I have feelings for Takato."

"I see." She said thoughtfully. "How 'bout this. We'll plane to go back to your place so I can meat this Takato ... besides, Lady Ruki's girlfriend his sick."

**********************************

The Witch DR placed a cold cloth on the girl's sweaty forehead as she coughed. Come one Lady Ruki, where are you? Takato thought holding the sick girls hand looking longingly at the door. Just as he was about to look back at the sick girl the door opened and Ruki came rushing in. Takato moved out of the way letting the girl take her girlfriends hand.

"I'm here Juri-chan .... what happened?"

"Please don't be mad at me!" Takato panicked. "I tried to stop her from poisoning herself ... but I was too late!"

"They're in here!" Said a voice.

Takato, Ruki, and the Witch DR turned their heads to see Prince Lee and Princess Cathleen running in out of breath. The three walked up, Cathleen never seen anyone look so pale before.

"Isn't there anything we can do?" Ruki asked fear board lining in her voice.

"Not if you want to go to the forbidden forest where the ancient spirit lives ..."

"I'll do it!"

"What?" They all said at once.

"No! I'm not going to let you! They'll tare you apart!" Said Lee to Ruki.

"I'm aware of that. But I have to," Ruki said clutching the handle of her sword.

"All right, we'll come with you ..."

"Count me in too!" Cathleen spoke up.

"We're coming too!" Said Kenta and Hirokazu walking in as Ruki groaned, "now, where are we going exactly?"part Eight