Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Love and Friendship ❯ Meet Calumon ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love and Friendship

Chapter Eight: Meet Calumon

By KellyQ

"Please, let me come with you!" Takato begged.

"You sure? It will be dangerous and the last thing I want to see is you getting hurt." Lee admitted.

"Don't worry about me. I can take care of myself. Besides, I sort of feel Responsible for what happened."

"Takato, it wasn't your fault. You stopped her from drinking all of the poison and got help. That was a smart thing to do."

"I know. But Lady Ruki must be cursing up and down because I was too late ... and Juri ... she probably really mad that I stopped her ..."

"Will you stop blaming yourself? What happened as happened. And we're going to save her, okay?"

***********************************

"Where's Cathleen?" Ruki asked seeing Lee and Takato running up.

"She's not here?"

"No."

"We don't have time to wait for her. We need to get as fare as we can tonight!" Ruki said.

Lee sighed, he hated when his cousin was right. They didn't really have time to wait or Lee's father (who is very protective of his son) would send the whole army out to find him. Then Takato, Ruki, Juri, and Cathleen would get the punishment not him and he couldn't bear that. Especially having Takato being taken away from him, he wouldn't be able to forgive himself if that happened.

"Lee, are you all right?" Takato asked putting his hand on his master's shoulder.

"I'm fine," the prince replied putting his hand on top of Takato's, "let's move out!"

***************************************

The draw bridge to the castle was let down as guards road out on big black horse's as Cathleen walked to the balcony with great pain in her eyes, her fingertips running along the red mark on her cheek where her mother slapped her as she watched the army vanish into the darkness. Lee, I hope you're safe.

*****************************************

Takato shivered as the wind howled going right threw his clothes, something didn't feel right. He felt it ever since they left but didn't want to bring it up.

"Wait ... do you hear something?"

The whole party stopped and listened intently to hear the sound of hooves coming toward them. Oh no, Lee thought, my father must know that I'm missing.

"This way!" Kenta said running off the side of the road into the bushes.

They all headed into the bushes.

Fear.

That's all what they felt as they saw one of the riders stop. He was clad in black. You couldn't see his face; it was covered by metal. The horse stepped forward as the rider turned the rains, the horse turned the other direction and ran off; they all waited until the hooves could no longer be hard.

"Is everyone all right?" Ruki asked.

"Man, that was scary!" Kenta shivered.

Takato turned to see his master shaking, his eyes clouded over with great anger. They all didn't like the vibes they got from the prince.

"I can't believe this is happening! I trusted her; now look at us, hiding out like common criminals! Can't I do anything right?"

Silence filed the air as they looked at one another. Takato finally got the courage to walk up and put his thin bone arms around his master, his right hand wrapped around his waist and his left hand behind his head.

"Lee, have I ever told you what a wonderful master you are?"

"Come on guys, we're wasting time."

*************************************

It wasn't long before dawn broke. The six travelers came to rest in a shady flat spot surround by huge Paine Trees, and Madrone Trees. Ruki laid Juri down wiping the sweat off her pale forehead. She's getting weaker and weaker, if only there was a quicker way.

"Ruki, I'm sorry .... you have every right to hate me ..." Takato said.

"Uh ... Takato, can I talk to you for one moment?" Said Lee putting his hand on the other boys shoulder.

"Sure."

They both walked twelve yards away; pale sun light coming threw the trees as the Prince leaned against the tree.

"So what's up Lee? Did I say something wrong?"

"No. But you should leave her alone."

"I just wanted to apologize for what I did."

"Takato I just don't want make Ruki more upset than she is ...."

"I understand."

*********************************

Ruki leaned against still holding Juri's hand as she laid there almost lifeless. She was about to sigh when her bag started to move from the corner of her eye. Ruki got to her clutched the handle of her sword as a creature scrambled out. It was no larger than a full grown Water Mellon; his fur was pear white, his eyes where full of love, passion, and life. His ears where shaped like bat wings a diamond on the middle of his forehead.

"Are ... are you one of the spirits?"

"Last time I checked .... I'm Galumon."part nine