Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Love, Mimi ❯ The Asking and the Answering ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Love, Mimi
by Akimi

Disclaimer: I own none of this except storyline and dialogue, blah blah blah I think you all understand that I don't own Digimon.
***
They plopped down on Tai's couch and began to relax. "Well, how should I do it?" Matt asked.

"Do what?" Kari said in an off-hand voice as she walk past the door into the kitchen.

"Mind your own business, Kari!" Tai snapped.

Kari put her hands up in defeat. "Okay, okay! You win. Just don't... eat me or anything, kay?"

Matt chuckled. "It's okay, Tai, she'll find out sooner or later, right? They're friends, and you know how girls are..."

"Yeah, I guess you're right..."

"I have to ask Mimi out. How do you think I should do it?"

"Oh my god, you two would be so cute together!" Kari squealed as she ran in and sat down on the arm of the couch next to Matt. "You should do it *way* sweet, like... buy her roses and then go over to her house and ask her, or something..." She sighed, and clearly had drifted off into Dreamland.

"That actually sounds good, Matt," Tai said after thinking for a moment.

Matt nodded. "Yeah it does, but should I do it, like... now?" Kari didn't answer, only smiled at the wall where she was staring. "She must be thinking about TK." Tai laughed. "KARI!!!"

She fell off the couch, which jolted her quite awake. "God... what?"

"Should I do it now, or later?"

"Now. Why wait?"

"Hmmm... good point. Should I get pink, or red? Because I know girls like red roses, but pink is Mimi's favorite color..."

There was a brief lull in the conversation while everyone thought about it. "Red," Kari said determinedly from her position on the floor.

"Pink," Tai said at just the same time.

Matt stood up. "I think I'll get some of both," he decided. He waved, turned around, and left for Sora's mother's flower shop.

***

"Will you go out with me? ... No... I love you, and I would be very honored if you would be my girlfriend... Dammit!" Matt said, trying out things to say before he arrived at Mimi's doorstep. But it was too late - he was there. His finger shook as he gently pressed the bell.

It seemed like an eternity as he waited. Finally, Mimi opened the door. He was speechless.

"Matt...! Hey! What brings you here?" she asked.

Amazingly, he found his voice. "Um... hi. Well, I was wondering... if you... wanted... to... go out with me?" He shook still, fortunately it was not noticeable.

Mimi blinked. She thought quickly and very panicky. 'Shit! He must have gotten my note... Errrrrrr... If I say yes, though, I'll get a lot closer to Tai...' She faked being overjoyed and cried, "Of course! I thought you'd never ask!" She practically jumped on him and hugged him.

"Great!" Matt said. He thought it would be extremely awkward to stay longer, and, being so slick, he thought up a lie and he thought it up quick. (Dr. Seuss rip-off hehehe!) "Well, I gotta go pick up TK from Mom's house. We're supposed to hang out today. So... I'll see you tomorrow I guess." He ran off back towards Tai's house.

Mimi shut the door behind him. She grabbed an empty vase out of her mother's china cabinet, placed the roses from Matt inside of it, and filled it with water. As she carried the assortment upstairs into her perfectly pink bedroom, she was hit with the full reality of what she had just done.

After setting the roses on her night table, she slid down against the wall. "Oh god..." she said out loud. "What've I done?"

***