Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Love, Mimi ❯ To Let the World Know ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Love, Mimi
by Akimi

Disclaimer: You all really should know this by now... I don't own Digimon, k?
***
It was a few weeks later, and Matt and Mimi were chatting casually at Mimi's locker before going to lunch. A couple of boys on the football team (who also ALL happened to have a crush on Mimi) walked up to them.

"Hey Ishida," one of them said mockingly. "Why're you always hanging around Mimi? It's not like you two are going out, or anything."

Matt looked at Mimi imploringly. His eyes begged her to tell them, to save him. Not to hurt him. Because he knew that she could. And, if her rep was for real, she'd do it, too.

Mimi froze. She didn't know what to say or do. Should she tell them, or not? She wanted Tai so very badly... but she didn't have him just yet.

Reaching out, Mimi slipped her hand into Matt's. It was the first time they had held hands, and Matt's heart fluttered.

"Yes we are," Mimi said matter-of-factly.

"Oh! Sorry dude!" The guy apologized as he realized his mistake. "We'll catch up with y'all later, kay?" The guys ran out to a car and headed to a restaraunt.

Matt looked at Mimi quizzically. "You know, you didn't have to do that... why did you?"

"Because I like you, silly!" Mimi lied. "Why do you think?"

*

"I told you, man! She likes you!" Tai said to Matt after Matt had related the day's events to him.

Matt shook his head. "I don't know, I still kinda feel like she doesn't, not really, you know?"

"She came right out and said it, what more do you want?"

Sighing, Matt replied, "Yeah, I guess you're right."
***

Sorry it was so short... I'm having a bit of writers block. Well, I also thought I'd tell you all a beta reader would be nice, so if any of you are interested, I'm sure your smart enough to find my email address and if not then leave me a review (do that anyway!). ^.~