Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Love, Mimi ❯ I Don't Like You... Right? ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Love, Mimi

By: Akimi

Disclaimer: I don't own Digimon, and if you sue me… you won't even get pocket lint, plus YOU will have to pay all the fees so if I were you I wouldn't do it.

***

That night, Mimi had a smaller than usual appetite at dinner, which worried her parents.

"Mimi honey, are you alright? You're not eating," her mother said in a concerned tone.

"No, I'm fine. I'm just not hungry. May I be excused?" she replied.

"Of course, dear."

Mimi went upstairs and took a quick shower. Afterward, she went into her bedroom, sat down at her vanity, and began to comb out her long brown hair. The pink had begun to fade a while ago, and so she had dyed it back to its natural color. She began to thing over what had happened earlier in the day, and what she had told Matt. Because I like you, silly! Why do you think?

Was it really and truly a lie? She couldn't honestly say that it was. She picked up a picture of her and all her friends from when they were little, and looked at Matt for a few minutes. He looked much the same as he did now, except for the obvious changes of growing up, and he had gotten a lot cuter, now that she thought about it…

She shook her head and tried to force her gaze over to Tai, but it drifted back to Matt. "I don't really like you," she said aloud to the picture. But as she put the picture away, her eyes lingered on Matt's adorable, smiling face, and there was still the unsettling thought in the back of her mind: I don't… do I?

*

Mimi awoke the next morning from an entirely unrefreshing sleep. She had dreamed all night of Matt. She didn't mind dreaming of Matt, in spite of how she told herself she was only using him to get to Tai, but these were not all happy dreams. And the ones that were happy were still disturbing, nonetheless.

She didn't want to have happy dreams of her and Matt together. But at the same time, in the one nightmare she'd had, she and Matt had broken up, and she woke up crying. Not because she didn't have Tai yet, but because she and Matt weren't together anymore.

What did this all mean? Well, whatever it is, she decided, there is just no way it can be good.

Suddenly she remembered something. Today was Saturday. Matt was taking her on a date tonight! Wanting to look her very best for him, Mimi picked up her tweezers and began plucking her eyebrows.

"OW!" she yelled as she pulled out a particularly sensitive hair. "Next time, I am so having these waxed," she muttered, rubbing the spot.

Where was Matt taking her again? "Oh yeah… that one club," Mimi said aloiud. "Cool, I'm gonna have so much fun getting ready! And, actually going, of course." She giggled. "Having fun is so much fun," she said as she went into the bathroom to shave her legs.

***

Sorry that was kind of short, but I promise that in the next chapter the plot will thicken and start to develop the way I have it planned… I know this because the next chapter is partly written. And it already has some plot to it! =) But you can't have it unless I get at least 5 reviews… so if you like it and want some more, or if you don't like it and want it to get better, or even if you have nothing better to do with your time, write me a review! I'll love you forever, I promise. Well, maybe…