Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Magical Girl Mimi ❯ Birth of a Fairy Princess ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mimi: Hi there! Mimi here with a new series about yours truly! Yaay!

SD-K-chan: *sweatdrop* Ahem!

Mimi: Okay okay! Anyway this story's weird... like a parody of some the magical girl series, ya know! If ya don't like, then shoo away from here. It's just the beginning too, so it might be B-O-R-I-N-G... Well, this is how I become a magical girl! And K-chan doesn't own Digimon, which applies to all future episodes!



MAGICAL GIRL MIMI

written by K-chan

Episode One: Birth of a Fairy Princess



Stories sometimes start out on a bright and beautiful morning, but not this one. Today of all days was gloomy and wet. The district of Odaiba and most of the Kantou region was engulfed in rain clouds as if it was a mysterious omen, or maybe it was just time for the rain to come. The week before was a hot and humid summer one, but who cared about that when the weekend was here. Still, there wouldn't be much to do if the rain continued like it was now. And not many people were happy with the weather, especially...

"Oooh, rain can be SO icky!" a girl complained, "My uniform's wet and clingy! And my hair is so flat! I'm gonna catch a cold too! So unhealthy!" Her feet stomped through the puddles, splattering all over the place and onto her cute, black shoes, as the brunette huffed her way down the street, seeking for shelter. She covered her head with a pink school bag, running underneath a roof extension of an unknown business.

This certain eleven-year-old girl was named Mimi Tachikawa. She breathed a sigh of relief, resting in the dry place and hoping the rain would stop soon so she could get home. There was no way she would risk running all the way home like a fat, tired sponge -- not that sponges could run.

She dropped her school bag to the ground, brushing her wet hair from her face, and began to wring the excess water from her clothes and her hair. She tried to dry her face with the sleeve of her green uniform, but it was pointless when everything about her was wet. She then searched through her bag for a handkerchief but was disappointed when all she found her her text books, notebooks, pencil and a cell phone...

"My phone?!" she gasped, and an idea clicked in her head, "I can call papa to pick me up!" She turned the phone, speaking to herself, "Well he might be in the middle of a meeting... but I'm his little princess, so..." Just as she pressed the secong number, the face of the phone flashed a bit and then disappeared. Her huge, caramel eyes stared widely at it with tears brimming at the ege, "OUT OF BATTERY?!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! AND IT'S STILL RAINING!! I'LL NEVER GET HOME!!"

She turned around towards the nameless business, sobbing pathetically, and unintentionally began to hit her fists against the door as if to take out her frustration on it. She hit it a few more times, not realizing that she was soon putting her whole weight against, and suddenly the door flew back, and Mimi tipped forward, flailing her arms wildly in the air to keep her balance... But unfortunately, she fell flat on her face.

"I~ta~tai~i~!" she muffled, sitting up, and rubbed her injured face. The pain eventually went away, and Mimi blinked at her surroundings, finally taking in the small, crowded place. She stood up, letting her eyes wander over the intrique items scattered on the counters and shelves, and walked around the shoppe. It was an antique store with very old things, not a single thing looked new and modern.

She then stopped and noticed one thing strange about the place: no one else was in the store. Apparently, she was the only potential customer, but even the owner -- or whoever was in charge -- wasn't even there. She made a worriesome face and thought it was a freaky place.

"He~llo~o~!" her voice rang out, but no answer came. She turned around and gulped, deciding it was best to leave the place, even though she had thought about inquiring the shoppe keeper about using the phone. Something rustled in the back, and she jumped in fright, bumping against a stack of books and boxes, and accidently knocked them over. She panicked at what she did and quickly picked the items up and put them elsewhere randomly while keeping an eye out for the keeper if he/she returned. She didn't want to be caught and get yelled at and pay for the damage, which meant taking the money out of her allowance that she was saving to buy a summer dress and matching footwear.

She had a stack of books and whatnot in her arms when something slipped out and fell to the floor again. She put the things aside and knelt down to pick up... a clear diskette. She looked puzzled as to why a computer diskette -- something so modern -- would end up in a place like that and with a bunch of ancient things. "Hey! Is someone out there?!" came a gruffy, old voice.

Mimi freaked out again and hurried towards the door. By the time she left the shoppe, and a short, old man scurried out from the backroom, yawning and wiping his sleepy eyes. He blinked and noticed the store door was closely by itself as if someone had just left. He walked over to where he thought he heard the noise and examined it, seeing some of the items out of place. He picked up a very thick book and opened it to reveal it not to be a book as it looked but a hollow space was in its center that was perfect... for a diskette.

"Hmm..." There was a mysterious glint in his eyes as his lips curled up into a faint smile.


So much for not running through the rain. Mimi was in such an adrenaline rush that she made it all the way home without any thoughts on her appearance. When she made it into her home on the third floor, she leaned her back against the door, breathing heavily and dripping wet, and clutched the diskette to her chest, like she had purposely stolen it.

When her body returned to its normal state, she sighed and glanced down, noticing the diskette in her hand, and panicked, "OMIGOD OMIGOD!! I didn't mean to take this! Waaaah, why didn't I just drop it?!!" She paced around the room, wondering what to do with it and dripping a puddle in the area. It was a good thing her parents were home yet or they would be more weirder than she was. [That will be explained later when her parents show up.]

She suddenly sneezed. "Uugh, I better get out of these clothes first." She walked into her (pink) room and found a more suitable outfit to wear like a pink shirt with 'princess' written on it and a pair of khaki capris. She also grabbed a towel to dry her hair as she made her way over to her (pink) computer in the corner. She sat down and turned on the computer as she looked at the unlabeled diskette. She knew that she had to return it, but she was quite curious about what was on it, if there was anything.

Well, there was one way to find... And Mimi inserted the diskette into the harddrive and waited for it to load.


'D I G I T A L... W O R L D...

A C C E S S I N G...'


Mimi blinked at the words, pondering over its meaning, when the screen slowly radiated a green light. Her mouth gaped open when she realized that something was very wrong. "Oh no," she murmured, "This is SO not my day!" She screamed, covering her eyes from the light, as she tried to scramble away, but a sudden blast of green light shot out at her, sending her (comically) to the wall. "Uugh," she grunted out as her dazed body slid off the wall, leaving a Mimi imprint in it, "that... hurt..."

She touched the floor and collapsed forward with a thud. Her body was straining to get up, but she ached pretty bad from the impact. "What else'll go wrong," she sighed, laying there with her eyes closed, and she shouldn't have said that.

Her room was quiet again except for the humming of the computer and a tinkling sound that was becoming clearer and clearer to her. She opened her eyes and saw a small, glowing, green ball within her grasp. Her right hand reached out to it, almost wrapping her fingers around it, when she noticed the computer screen was starting to glow again.



<< EYE-CATCH: A happy Mimi is shopping with a straining Yamato behind her, carrying a bunch of bags and trying to keep up! >>



'A C C E S S... A C C E P T E D...

S E A L... B R O K E N...

G U A R D I A N... T E S T...

I N I T I A T I N G...'


"Uh-oh..." was all she uttered when the room was engulfed in green light. Mimi yelped in fright, but quickly as the light appeared, it was soon gone. With the green ball tightly in her grasp, she hurried to her feet despite her aching limbs, hoping nothing else would come out of the computer, but unfortunately, nothing was going right for her.

Mimi stood face to face with a being that was three times her size. The creature looked almost human except for certain features such as the round, emerald eyes and the pink flower attached to her head and... the green leaves that looked like wings on her back. It was like some sort of flower monster, but how in the world did it come out of her computer?

She gulped, not liking the menancing look on the creature's face nor what it was doing. Suddenly its hand became a deadly weapon, aiming directly at Mimi. She got the hint when it started to glow, accumulating power. "FLOWER CANNON!" it shouted. The beam flared to life just as Mimi dived behind her bed.

The girl peeked over her bed to see what had happened to her original spot, and her eyes nearly popped out of her head, seeing a giant hole through her wall and into the bathroom. "AAAAAAHH, PAPA'S GONNA KILL ME!!" she screamed, stumbling towards the doorway, before the creature could attack again. Instead it flew after her and over her, using her speed to have the strong air current knock Mimi to the floor. She smashed against the furniture, and her hand lost the grip on the green ball, and it tumbled inches away. She watched it pulse steady like in a hypnotic trance and somehow knew it was the key to stopping the creature from killing her and destroying her home.

She felt the winged monster hovering over her but pulled herself together, clawing the floor to get closer to the green ball. Whatever it did, she just hoped it would do it now! She grabbed it, and another blinding light filled room, even the creature had to cover its face from the green glow.

And this time, the creature backed away in horror because a stunned Mimi was standing there with a decorative, giant mallet in her hand. She blinked at her weapon as her opponent stumbled back against the wall. "Umm, what am I supposed to do with this?" she asked aloud. There was a surge of power from the weapon as if it knew what to do and sent that energy through Mimi, who was now jumping high into the air (or at least the ceiling would let her) towards the shocked creature.

"GIGA-SMASH!" she cried, striking it with her mallet. There was a poof, and smoke clouded her vision. Despite the coughing fit, Mimi managed to throw her hand out into a victory sign, "YEAH!" She started to fan the smoke away, so she could see what had happened to her opponent, and when it was all cleared, on the floor was a coin -- two inch in diameter -- and next to it was a tiny version of the creature she had just hit.

Mimi sighed and collapsed to her the ground. She knelt down to the floor, picking up the coin, and peered at the fascinating creature closer until it stirred. It woke up with a stretch and yawned, "What a long sleep!"

"You can talk?!" the girl cried.

The tiny-looking fairy -- the size of a hand -- looked up and said, "So you're the Guardian Tamer, huh?" Her wings started to flap, and the next thing Mimi knew, the fairy was flying into the air towards her face. She flew around Mimi, observing her, "Not too bad... My name's Lillymon, guardian of the Digital Key."

"Umm... okay. That's nice, but could you tell me what's going on? I mean, you nearly killed me earlier..."

She nodded, "I would have to tell you anyway. And sorry about what happened before. It was a test to see if you could awaken the Digital Key."

"And the Digital Key is..."

"That," Lillymon pointed to Mimi's hand that used to hold a giant mallet, but now, she was holding a digitalized-looking key in her palm, along with the coin she picked up earlier. "The key and I were sealed away in the diskette a long time ago in the Digital World." She noted the puzzled expression on the girl's faced. "Okay, let's rewind back to two centuries ago... Well, two decades in the Real World.

"There are two worlds that exist side by side: the Real World and the Digital World."

"Ooh, you mean like inside computers and stuff?" Mimi asked in awe.

"Sort of. Anyway, a mysterious being appeared one day in the Digital World. No one knew where he had come from, but he claimed himself to be the Digimon Emperor and forcefully took control of the land, ruling with a cruel heart. The digital monsters, digimons -- creatures like me -- were enslaved and did his biddings..."

"How horrible!" she sobbed into a tissue. Lillymon nodded on the verge of tears, so Mimi tore a part of her tissue and gave it to the fairy, who continued with her story.

"The DigiEmperor had plans to conquer the Real World too as soon as all of the Digital World fell into his hands. Luckily we still had hope. Seven guardians came together, and using their ancient powers, they sealed the evil emperor in his castle." Mimi looked at her happily. "But there was a dreadful exchange to this... By summoning their powers, the guardians' lives were sacrificed in creating the seal." Mimi burst into tears again, crying harder at the sad story.

"I was then chosen to be sealed with the key and sent to the Real World to find the destined Guardian Tamer," Lillymon sighed. She flew around a bit and then went to sit on Mimi's shoulder. "Oh, sorry but I forgot to ask for your name."

"Mimi. Mimi Tachikawa! Age, eleven -- but soon to be twelve! A Virgo, bloodtype B! I love shopping and cheerleading!" she smiled, and the fairy sweatdropped. "I've got a questiong, Lillymon."

"Yes?"

"So if the DigiEmperor is gone, then why are you here?"

"He's not really gone. Just sealed away, remember?"

"Well, why didn't they... like kill him?"

Lillymon sweatdropped again, "Then we wouldn't have this story, would we?"

"You've got a point," she nodded.

"Over the two centuries (of the Digital World), the seal began to weakened. It has weakened enough that the Emperor can open small portals in his castle to the Real World and send his digimon minions here."

"Why would they want to come here?"

The fairy looked at Mimi strangely and shook her head, wondering if this girl was the right candidate for the job, "The Digital World has seven guardians... and in the Real World, there are seven key places. Both worlds are the main forces that are keeping the seal entact. If these places in the Real World are destroyed, the Emperor will be able to break free from his confinements and take over both worlds."

"OH... That's not good," she added as an after thought.

"You think?!" Lillymon grumbled, annoyed.

"So how do you know when they'll attack?" she asked, "Do you know where these places are?"

"Err..." she sweatdropped, "I'm not so sure..." Just as the fairy said that, they heard an explosion not too far away. Mimi ran to the window with Lillymon right next to her, and they watched more explosion echoing in the distance.

"OMIGOD!" the girl cried, "THAT'S MY SCHOOL!!!" Without a second thought, she ran towards the front door and put on her shoes before rushing out, "Sora-chan... Tai-chan... They're still there!!"

"MIMI! WAIT FOR ME!" the fairy cried, flying after the girl just in time before the door slammed shut. The creature sighed, relieved that she wasn't squished because that would be the end of her and a nasty way to die.


TO BE CONTINUED...


Mimi: Isn't Lillymon so cute?!!

Lillymon: *sigh* Okay, Mimi...

Mimi: This is getting exciting! *frown* But I don't want Sora-chan and Tai-chan to get hurt! I hope I get there in time to... uhh, do whatever. Err, Lillymon, what DOES a Guardian Tamer do?

K-chan: *sigh* While those two figure things out... I mentioned that Mimi's a Virgo and such, which I know is totally wrong. If you know when's her birthday and such, then please let me know so I can correct the error. Thank you.