Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Mixed Feelings ❯ Deepest Wishes ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Mixed Feelings 10

Deepest Wish

Disclaimer: I do not own digimon

It wasn't hard to find the evil digimon. The digidestined gasped.

"That used to be a kid?" Davis demanded.

'I could become one of those things,' Ken thought.

"There's got to be a way to attack that without destroying the person," Sora said.

"Maybe it will lose all its power when we attack it," Kari guessed, "then Robby would turn back to normal!"

"Time to digivolve!" Davis told his digimon partner. "Demi Veemon!"

"DEMI VEEMON DIGIVOVLE TO…VEEMON!"

"DIGI ARMOR ENERGIZE!"

"VEEMON ARMOR DIGIVOLVE TO…FLAMEDRAMON THE FIRE OF COURAGE!"

The other digimon followed suit and attacked the digimon, trying not to think of the child lost inside. Jun looked down at her feet.

"Jun, don't worry," Tai said, "we'll find a way to stop it without destroying it."

"I know," Jun mumbled, "but if I was a digidestined…maybe I could help. I just can't stand here and watch without doing anything."

Tai bit his lip. Jun had a point. The digidestined were a large group and there were even some in other parts of the world. But there were so many others that had no idea what the digital world was or the creatures that lived there. So many people that just watched the battle helpless, wanting so bad tohelp but couldn't because they didn't have a partner. Jun looked over at her crazy brother cheering Flamedramon on.

"How could my stupid little brother become a digidestined and not me?" she muttered under her breath.

****

"Izzy, how will you find that place that grants dreams?" Cody asked. "We couldn't get there through the computer. Mr. Owikawa just took us there."

"I've got to find a way," Izzy said. "I think it's our only hope."

"What about TK and Matt?" Joe asked. "What if some of the kids found open digiports? They could start appearing as evil digimon all over the place!"

Izzy slapped his head. "Oh no…I didn't think about! This stupid strep throat and cough has me delirious and I can't think! Quick, anyone know the email address to the Paris Hospital?"

"Uhhh…" Cody and Joe exchanged glances.

***

As TK and his brother were visiting their grandfather at the hospital, they had no idea that there was trouble in Japan and perhaps eventually the entire planet. TK and Catherine went for that night right down Paris. If it weren't so cold out, TK would've rolled down his window and stuck his head out. Instead, he was on the edge of his seat, looking out his window.

"I've forgotten how everything looks in Paris!" he exclaimed. "Oh, wow!"

Catherine chuckled. "Yes, it is very beautiful at this time of year. Remember the Christmas you were here?"

"Seems more beautiful this time," TK said. "I didn't have much time to sight see that time, you know. But I think I will now. Maybe I'll stay a little longer until my grandfather fully recovers. I don't think he'll be riding his motorcycle for a while."

"I'd love for you to stay, TK," Catherine stated. "So much for us to catch up on."

TK bit his lip. Sooner or letter she'd find out he's dating, "Catherine, there's something you should--"

"Oh, no!" Catherine slammed on the breaks.

"Catherine, what's wrong?"

"There's something attacking the Eiffel Tower!"

The pair got out of the car and made haste to the Eiffel tower. Wreckage fell down and TK grabbed Catherine and jumped out of the way.

"It's a digimon," TK muttered, "but how? I thought all digiports were closed! Oh, I knew I should've brought Patamon with me?"

"It's just like what happened the Christmas when we met," she whispered. "TK, what do we do?"

"You've got to get Floramon," TK said, "are there other French digidestined besides you?"

"Two others," she replied.

"Good, we've got find them and try to stop that thing before it destroys the city!"

Catherine nodded and they hurried back to the car to get Floramon and her other digidestined friends. When they returned to the Eiffel Tower, the digimon was still there.

"Good…" TK said.

"Floramon, you must digivolve!" Catherine told her digimon.

As Floramon and the other digimon started to fight, TK's cellphone started ringing.

"I don't have time for this…" he muttered as he walked away to take the call. "Hello?"

"TK! It's Izzy, we've got trouble. The kids with dark spores are turning into evil digimon!"

"What? How?"

"I don't have time to explain," Izzy said, "but it's possible that they're trying to get out on other parts of the world."

"Uh, too late," TK said. "There's one over here now."

"Oh no…Don't kill it! It's really a person!"

"You mean…kids are changing into digimon?" TK looked over at the digimon in surprise. It could be one of his friends. "What do I do?"

"I'm trying to find the place that grants wishes," Izzy said, "but I can't find it! We have to make a wish to change those things back but if I don't…I'm afraid we don't have any chance but to destroy them!"

***

The evil digimon were starting to show up in parts all over the world. Though there were a few international digidestined, it wasn't enough. They didn't know how to handle a digimon that used to be a person. When all seemed lost Izzy finally found a solution. All he had to do was slow down the digiport processing speed, so instead of going to the digital world, they stop in-between the real world ant the digital world. He contacted Davis with his D terminal.

"Hey, email from Izzy!" Davis exclaimed. "Oh…it's for Tai." He handed it to Tai and Tai read it.

"Tai, get back as soon as possible," Tai read, "You have to go to the place between the digital world and our world to make a wish. I think it's the only way to save the world. I don't know how long I can keep the port open."

"That place was really freaky," Davis mumbled over Tai's shouder. "You sure Izzy couldn't' find another way?"

"Stay here and do what you can do," Tai commanded. "I think Izzy's right."

"No way, I'm coming with you."

"What?"

"Hey, I'm a leader too," Davis said. "Isnt' that why you gave me yoru goggles, Tai? And I'm steal wearing them!"

"No, stay here and protect Kari."

"As long as I've been waiting for you to say that Tai…I think I should go with you," Davis said. "Kari's a big girl and she can take care of herself. Besides…two wishes are better than one."

"Fine, I don't have time to argue." Tai grunted and Davis followed him.

They arrived back within minutes. "Izzy, we're here." Davis said. "And I'm ready!"

"Tai you sure you can do it?" Cody asked.

"Sure," Tai said. "I walked through a firewall…I can do this."

"No way!" Davis exclaimed.

"You're coming with him?" Izzy asked.

"Yeah," Davis said. "Let's go make a wish, Tai!"

They put their digivices to the screen and was transported for the first time, directly to the place that granted wishes and not the digiworld, the destination they usually came to through he computer.

"It worked!" Tai exclaimed. "Even when he's sick, Izzy's a genius!"

"Man," Davis said, "this place is even freakier than I remember." He shuddered, "let's make those wishes and get the heck out of here!"

"I'm with you," Tai said. He closed his eyes and put his palms together. "I'll go first. As the leader of the digidestined, I wish for new team members. Please, digiworld, give everyone on Earth a digimon partner!"

The place started to rattle and streams of data shot around everywhere. Tai and Davis shouted in surprised and hit the ground.

"Did my wish just came true?" Tai asked.

"I don't know…" Davis replied, "but I'm kinda afraid to wish mine now." Reluctantly, he came to his knees, bowed his head and put his hands together. "I wish that we can turn the children with the dark spores back to normal without hurting them."

A wave of data went through the place again. A voice spoke. "GRANTED."

****

Digieggs started growing in every computer on the planet. As confused, curious children looked at it growing and growing, the digiegg popped out of the monitor and into their hands. Others appeared right next to them and for Matt and TK, their digimon were transported to where they were.

"There you are, TK!" Patamon exclaimed.

"TK, look!" Catherine pointed at the digimon. It started changing back to the person it used to be. All the vil data in the digiworld was destroyed so it could not take the form of a human or a digimon ever again.

"Amazing," TK whispered. "There's nothing a digidestined can't handle."

TK and Matt stayed in France while their grandfather recovered from his injures. The man was getting better at his age, but still needed time for his broken bones to heal. TK and Matt came to visit him often and give him words of encouragement to get better. Matt threatened to take his keys if he went biking right when he came home.

While Matt was looking over his grandfather, TK and Catherine were walking arm in arm down the street. There were great boutiques and restaurants lined up. "TK, I'm so glad you came. How come you never called or wrote?"

"What?" he stopped.

"I thought…well, as fellow digidestined we should be friends, you know."

"WE're friends."

"That's not what I mean," she sighed.

"I would've stayed in touch," TK said. "But you didn't' give me our your number or address."

"Oh…" she blushed, "I guess that was fault on my part, wasn't it?"

"It's okay."

Catherine took his hand. "Before you leave, I'll be sure to give you my number and address this time. You'll call and write me, won't you?"

"S-sure."

Catherine put her arms around his, "I always thought you were quite handsome, monsieur TK."

"Why, thank you."

She leaned in to kiss him and he put his hand between ther lips. "Hmm?"

"Wait, Catherine," TK said. "Something you know. I have a girlfriend back in Japan."

"Oh, I see," Catherine stepped back and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"I'm sorry…"

"No, it's okay," Catherine said.

"I wanted to tell you earlier. But--"

"I know," Catherine sighed. "The digimon showing up in Paris wasn't much of a good thing."

"Are you angry?"

"No," Catherine said. "Not at you. I guess I've just been kind of lonely."

"Lonely?" TK raised an eyebrow. "You don't have a special someone?"

"No," she shook her ehad.

TK laughed. He found it hard to believe. She was pretty, polite, smart and quite wealthy. If he wasn't so committed to Kari, he'd go out with her.

"I'm so busy," Catherine said, "and no one wants a spoiled rich girl."

"But there's a lot of wealthy girls in Paris, isn't there?" TK questioned.

"I suppose," Catherine replied. "Listen, TK, maybe you should go back to the hospital and see how your grandfather is doing. He's the reason you came here, not me. It's not fair that you're spending more time with me than him. I have some errands to run. Maybe I'll see you before you leave France?"

"Sure, you can come to the airport."

Catherine smiled and kissed his cheek. "Say hello to your grandfather for me," she said as she walked away. TK let out a long sigh.

****

When TK and Matt's grandfather was well enough to be sent home, they stayed a while to be sure he wasn't hurrying to his motorcycle. They kept him in bed and waited on him hand and foot so that their grandmother could get a rest too. Finally, their aging French grandfather told them that he was old, but still young enough to take care of himself. They took it as a hint and went to the airport.

"It was great to see Grandma and Grandpa again, wasn't it?" Matt asked TK, who seemed to have his mind elsewhere. "TK? Hello?" he nudged him.

"Huh? What?" TK questioned. "Is the line moving?"

"Where did you go just now?" Matt demanded.

"N-no where," TK blushed.

"You're thinking of that French girl, aren't you?" Matt asked with a grin.

"What?" TK demanded. "Matt, be serious."

"I am serious."

"Monsieur TK! Monsieur TK! Wait!"

TK turned to see Catherine running toward him. "Catherine?"

"Wait," she shouted. She stopped in front of him to catch her breath. "I can't let you leave without giving this." She handed him a magazine. "It's the top publishing companies in France. Good luck on becoming a writer. I'll look for your name in the bookstores."

TK smiled as he took the magazine, "Thank you, Catherine. I appreciate that."

"IT was nice to see you again, Monsieur TK." She said. She wanted to give him a big kiss but knowing that he had girlfriend she stayed back.

"You too, mademoiselle Catherine," TK also wanted to give her a kiss. But instead of giving her a kiss on the mouth or her cheek, he remembered what his grandfather told him. TK picked up her hand tenderly and kissed the back of it.

She blushed majorily and sighed. "Aui Revior"

"Au Revior."

{I know I spelt that wrong, but it's supposed to be goodbye in French."

The line started moving and before TK went through the gate, he waved at Catherine with his brother grinning like a monkey. The two brothers sat down. Matt had the window seat and TK the center. Looking out, Matt said, "it's been great to see Paris again, huh, TK?"

"Yeah," TK leaned back in his seat, "but I'm happy to finally to be coming home. As soon was we get to Japan, I'm giving Kari a big hug. You should give Sora one too."

"Oh?"

"Yeah…I saw you looking at those French girls."

****

The holidays were over and it was time for Mimi to return to New York. She got a call from her roommate Aleixis two days before she left that she already got a great modeling job and will start next month. Though exited, Mimi didn't feel much like going back. Japan was her home and though she had friends, a job and family in New York, it still never felt like home to her. She had to force herself to get up and call a taxi to pick her up. As she sat in the back alone, she tried hard not to cry.

****

Yolei went to see how Izzy was doing and had a bowl of fresh chicken soup with her. "Hi, Izzy, how are you feeling?" she asked him.

Izzy smiled. "Great." He looked down and noticed the chicken soup. "Oh, well, I was…."

"Oh, I'm sorry," Yolei muttered. "I should've brought real food."

Izzy chuckled and let her come in. Though he was sick and tired of soup, he ate it anyway. His throat still bothered him.

"Hey, isn't Mimi going back to New York today?" Yolei asked.

Izzy nodded, "Yes."

"We should go see her off," Yolei said.

Izzy sighed. "No way!"

"Izzy, why not?"

"It's because of her that I'm sick," he groaned.

"No it isn't." Yolei insisted. "It's because you work like a dog. She just took care of you."

"Yeah…and insisted I eat only turkey soup and jell-O at Sora and Matt's Christmas party…what kind of Christmas dinner is that?" Izzy questioned. "Then when everyone went to have a snowball fight and build a snowman, I had to stay inside!" He dropped his spoon in his bowl and pushed it forward.

Yolei shook her head and sighed. "Izzy…I've been thinking, our relationship, it's not the same anymore."

"How do you mean?"

She looked down and at his eyes. "We used to be so close but when we went to separate colleges, we drifted apart. Ken went with me to TK and Kari's party and…well, you went with Mimi to Matt and Sora's. Izzy, remember when I had the hugest crush on Ken?"

"Oh, I remember," Izzy said.

"And now Ken and I are starting to become closer," Yolei sighed, "You and I…what we have, it's like a just a friendship now. I bet you have special feelings for Mimi too."

"What are you talking about?"

"Come on, Izzy," Yolei said. "She took care of you when you were sick. Tai told me you acted like you two were already married. I think you should tell her how you feel before she leaves Japan."

"Then she'll treat me like I'm a baby," Izzy grumbled.

"It's strange too…I said I wanted to be just like Mimi."

Izzy raised an eyebrow, "what?"

"Just search your heart, Izzy," Yolei told him. "I'm not angry. I think you and Mimi are good for each other. Maybe I should go tell Ken how I feel. When you start feeling better, you should tell Mimi before she leaves the country." She stood up and kissed his temple and walked to the door. "Think what I said, okay?"

The door closed and Izzy massaged his forehead. What if Yolei was right?

TO BE CONCLUDED.

YESS….I'M FINALLY ALMOST DONE WITH THIS FANFIC!