Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ New Addiction ❯ Locked Inside ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

New Addiction 4

Locked Inside

Disclaimer: I do not own Digimon Tamers.

Ai couldn't sleep for most of the night. She kept remembering what Chip told her, losing his uncle to drugs. Why did he tell her that? What ever he planned to do, it didn't work. Maybe what happened to her uncle was horrible, but it wouldn't happen to her. She could keep taking drugs, going to Perry's parties if she wanted to. If Perry really had put drugs in all the refreshments, he wasn't doing it out of anger or anything negative like that. Maybe Perry had a bad past too and the drugs were a way to escape. Ai could barely remember what she was like after eating that cake, but she felt so carefree, like nothing could bother her. Ai never felt like that before. If drugs were so bad, why did they make her feel so good?

Ai sighed, hugging her pillow. Chip put his nose where it didn't belong. But then again, if he didn't come when he did, the cops would probably have her in custody right now. It really didn't matter anyway. She'll just remember to run faster the next time the cops were going to ruin a party.

She fell asleep again an hour before the sun came up. Seven o'clock on a Saturday morning, Impmon jumped on her bed.

"Good mornin' Ai!"

Ai groaned, "Go away, Impmon."

"Come on now, it's a beautiful day! There's no school. Let's go to the park."

"Impmon," she turned on her side, "I'm trying to sleep."

"But your favorite morning shows are on. You're missing them!"

She picked up her pillow and put it on her head.

"Okay, I'll watch them by my self then, party pooper!" Impmon off her bed and left. Ai continued to sleep in as she was missing the morning. She didn't get out of bed until 10:30 and took a shower. After she got out of the bathroom, she saw Mako and Impmon watching TV and talking about going to the park with Suzie and Lopmon. Ai groaned as she walked back to her room to get dressed. Her stomach growled.

"I guess I should eat something," she whispered to herself and went to the kitchen to make her a bowl of cereal.

"Hey, Ai how was your party?" Impmon asked eagerly.

"Huh? Oh," she swallowed, "it was fun."

"You must've had a lot of fun," Mako said, turning around, "You didn't come home till midnight. Whose party was it?"

Ai got defensive, "none of your business, Mako."

"It was just a question," Mako muttered. "What'd you guys do?"

Ai finished her bowl of cereal. "Mako, it was just a party, okay? Geez!" She put her bowl away and went to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

"What's with her?" Impmon asked.

"Dunno," Mako shrugged. "I guess it's nothing. Ai probably embarrassed her self at the party. Do you remember where it was, Impmon?"

"Yeah, some building," he shrugged.

Ai decided to go outside to get away from Mako and Impmon. She couldn't take any more of her nosy brother's questions. If he found out that she went a party that had drugs, he'd tell his parents and Ai would be grounded for the rest of her life. Maybe she shouldn't have let Impmon take her to the party. Impmon would tell Mako where she went for the party. After putting her hair in a loose ponytail, she went to the door.

"Hey, where are you going, Ai?" Impmon asked. "Don't you want to watch this with us?"

"No thanks," she said. "I'm going out for a bit."

"Where?" Mako questioned.

"I dunno, stop asking me so many questions!" she hissed and slammed the door behind her.

"Have you noticed Ai's been acting different lately?" Mako said to Impmon.

"She'll be okay, Mako," Impmon said. "I guess it's just a girl thing."

Mako raised an eyebrow, "when did you get to be so smart about girls?"

"I well," Impmon blushed, "oh, it's none of your business!"

****

Ai left the apartment. Why was Mako being so darn nosey? What she did was not anyone else's business. She wasn't sure where to go. She couldn't talk to Suzie anymore. She began to feel so tense and insecure. Ai stopped and leaned against a wall. She had a hunger for something. A deep hankering that consumed her but she wasn't sure what it was. What could satisfy her craving? She had this feeling before, back yesterday at the party. She wanted to feel like she was part of something. The others at the party, total strangers, they welcomed her. Perry seemed to be so happy when she came. They were kind of like Goth hippies in a way. Perry was right about the cake. He had told her that it would take all her problems away and when she took that first bite, it worked. All the negative feelings left her in an instant. She felt so carefree and wanted that feeling again. Maybe Chip was right about Perry putting drugs in there, but if it were the drugs that made her feel so good, then what was the problem? Chip too, she thought, should mind his own business.

If the drugs Perry hid in the cake was what made her feel better, then she wanted them. She wanted it so badly she felt like she might lose it. Her body probably wasn't already addicted and there was still time to quit, but Ai was too stubborn to care. There was nothing else she knew that could satisfy her needs.

"I have to find Perry," Ai muttered to herself. She pushed herself off the wall and continued walking until she came to a phone booth. She searched for his last name, put a coin in and dialed his number. After about six rings, Perry answered it.

"Hello?" he sounded so wasted, but Ai found it kind of sexy.

"Perry? Hi, this is Ai."

"Oh, hi. Did you have fun at the party? Sorry the cops had to ruin. I don't think I can have my parties there anymore."

"I had a lot of fun," she answered. "And I'm sure you can find another place."

"Yeah, my folks own a beach house. It's nicer there too. So what's up?"

"Perry, did you put drugs in the cake?"

"What? No. Of course not."

"But what did you put in there, really?" she asked. "Perry, I have to know. I am really upset and I want some more. I don't care if you put drugs in there. I want some."

He paused, "you do?"

"Yes, Perry. You're like my only friend right now. No one else understands me!"
"Calm down, Ai." He said. "Okay, I level with you. I did put some cocaine in the cake but not much."

"Do you have any left?" she asked. "Any thing else?"

"Sure. Why don't you come on over? My parents are out right now. You can tell me all about it then."

"Okay," she looked at the phonebook, "the address is here in the phonebook. I'll try to get there ASAP."

"No, let me give you directions. My place is kinda hard to find. We can't even get a pizza delivered here half the time."
Ai smiled, though Perry couldn't see it. Maybe the guy did drugs, dressed like a Goth, but he was so sweet. Why didn't she get to know him any sooner?

"Thanks, Perry. You're a lifesaver."

"Anytime, babe."

She scribbled the directions down quickly and headed off to find Perry's house. With the directions she found it within ten minutes. Perry's house was quite spacious. She wondered why he had said he couldn't have the party here. He said it was too small but it looked big enough for a party. Maybe he just liked to use old buildings for parties.

She shrugged and rang the doorbell. She waited a second or two and Perry welcomed her in.

"Thank you Perry," she said as she walked on. "I didn't know where else to go."

Perry smiled, "I'm always free, babe." He put his arm around her and walked her in.

"Nice place you've got here." She commented. "How come you didn't have the party here?"

"Oh I have small parties here some times," he said. "But it is nice to get out once in a while, know what I mean."

"Yeah, totally."
"Here, have a seat." They sat down on the couch. He opened a box that was on a coffee table and took out a shiny green and orange pipe.

"Wow, that's pretty," Ai whispered.

"Never really thought about it," Perry said, nodding his head, "but I guess it is, huh?" He put some marijuana in the pipe and offered it to her. He lit it with the lighter. "Go ahead."

Ai wasn't sure exactly what to do. She paused a little bit and slowly brought it to her lips. She took a puff off the pipe and coughed. She suddenly felt very stupid and any minute, Perry would tell her to get lost.

"I'm sorry," she wheezed. "I--"

"Don't worry. It takes a little while to get used to it." Perry insisted. "You're not the first person to cough on a pot pipe and you certainly won't be the last. Here, let's try something else."

"All right."

He grounded up some cocaine and picked up a tube. He went first to demonstrate how to snort it and then it was her turn. For the next hour, they sat side-by-side each other going from one controlled substance to another.

****

Mako met up with Suzie and their digimon partners in the park for a picnic a little after noon. Suzie brought most of the food but Mako brought the entertainment; a Frisbee, bubbles, a kite and other park toys. Even as preteens, the couple acted like children.

"Mako, you have mayo on your lip again." Suzie said, handing him a napkin.

"You're such a messy eater, Mako," Impmon groaned.

"Look who's talking," Mako muttered to Impmon, who had rice ball crumbs and barbeque all over his face.

Impmon blushed and wiped his face with his bandana, looking over at Lopmon shyly. She was nibbling on some peanut butter crackers.

After they ate and talked small talk, they flew a kite and played Frisbee with their digimon. Impmon was somewhat nervous around the three, especially Lopmon.

'Oh, I hope she doesn't think I'm a loser!' he thought to himself. He couldn't play and keep at it and the Frisbee hit him in the head a few times.

"Impmon, are you all right?" Lopmon asked, running to him.

"I think so," he mumbled. "I don't wanna play anymore…unless, if you want to then…"

"I'm actually feeling kind of tired," she admitted. "Let's go have a nap underneath that tree."

"Oh, sure. Sounds good to me, toots!"

"Toots?"

"I uh, mean, Lopmon." The two digimon walked to the tree and fell asleep next to each other.

"You know, Mako," Suzie said, watching Lopmon and Impmon, "I think our digimon like each other."

"Really?" Mako asked.

"Well, look at them!" she giggled and nodded to them.

"Maybe," he said and chuckled. "That would explain why Impmon acts so different when we're together."

Suzie lay down on the empty picnic blanket and took a soda from the cooler. "Hey, did you see the news last night?"

"No. I was watching movies with Impmon." He lay down on his back next to her while she sipped on her soda. "And you know I hate watching the news."

"Well, I don't like watching either." Suzie admitted. "It's so boring. But my parents were watching it and I left my room to ask Henry to check my homework. But Henry was watching the news too."

"What was so big? Did they find life on Mars?"

"No, silly," she rolled her eyes. "A party was busted last night. The music was too loud or something and someone called the cops. Everyone from the party was gone when the cops there but they found drugs in the place."

"Drugs? Geez. People are weird."

"I know." Suzie whispered, "What is this world coming too?"

Unknown to Suzie and Mako Ai was at that party.

****

Drugged up and wasted, Ai was now starting to relax. She had just told Perry everything, how her best friend didn't pay any attention to her, how her boyfriend broke up with her and her brother being so nosey. At least she had Perry. Her senses were weakened and she couldn't feel anything. She loved that feeling, being numb all over. It was weird but cool.

"Perry, where did you get all this stuff?" she asked.

"I got a lot of friends," he said with a wink. "Like it, huh?"

"Oh yeah."

"Then I think you might like this too." He leaned forward and kissed her. Ai froze in surprise but then submitted, joining in the kiss. Overly relax, unable to sit straight, she laid on her back and he continued to kiss her, heavily. His lips traveled to her neck and his hands to her chest. Perry wanted her. Ai couldn't imagine how could this must've felt. To be desired, wanted. Has Masahiko ever felt this way about her, before they broke up?

Ai blinked and she knew what was happening and what about was going to happen. She had to stop it. Not now. It was too soon. She wasn't ready. Not here.

"Perry. No. Perry, stop. Wait a minute. Stop!" She pushed him up. "Please, not now. I'm…sorry. I'm just not ready. Okay?"

"Huh? Oh…sure. That's cool."

She sighed. Most of the times, it wouldn't have been so easy.

"Sorry about that, Ai," Perry said. "I don't know now what came over me. You're just so…fine."

"Really?"

He nodded and pushed back her hair. "Yeah."

She smiled. "Thanks."

"Say, you wanna play a game?"

"A game?"

"Yeah. We didn't get to play any games before the cops came last night." Perry said. "We can play them now if you want too. They're really fun."

"Don't you do that sort of thing with a group of people?"

"Sure, but it doesn't have to be a big group. You can even play some of them by yourself."

Ai grinned. "I love games."

"Cool." He took her hand and led her upstairs. "Then you'll love this one."

TBC