Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Not a Child ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: If I owned Digimon, I'd be living on my own warm and sparsely populated tropical island, which Minnesota definately isn't.

A/N: One sided Ioyako fic. Aw, how cute, Iori has a little crush. ^.^ Another one-shot for my sister' b-day. *wonders absently if she spelled the Sailor Moon reference correctly*

***

Iori was silent for a moment, staring at his mother in horror. "Mom... I'm nearly 11 years old. I don't need a babysitter."

"Iori, it's not a babysitter. It's just that your grandfather and I both will be busy, so I want someone older to be here in case you need anything."

"A babysitter."

"Don't be silly, it's just Miyako," came the absent reply.

Iori grew pale. "Mom, you're not serious."

"Of course I am. You've always liked Miyako, and she's responsible enough, if a little overly hyper."

Liking her was exactly the problem. "She'll think I'm a still little kid! Can't you get someone else?" Iori winced to hear himself whining.

"No, the matter is settled." His mother cast an irritated glance over her shoulder. "Really Iori, this isn't like you. She'll be over tommorow afternoon."

The boy let out a long suffering sigh. "All right, fine." He then went to his room to await the imminent disaster of tommorow.



Iori gloomily let himself into the house, knowing that Miyako would be up in a moment. On the table was a note from his mother.

//Iori-chan,

There's snacks for you and Miyako in the fridge. You can watch your little cartoons, but then do your homework. Miyako, make sure he's in bed by 8:30.//

His face reddened just reading the accursed thing, and he quickly wadded it up and threw it away. He did *not* need Miyako seeing a note with the term 'chan' referring to him. This was bad enough as it is.

Right on schedule, Miyako bounded into the house, her usual energetic self.

"Hurry Iori, I want to catch Sailor Moon! Saffir is in it, and he is one fine bishounen."

Iori grinned slightly, and gathering his bag filled with homework followed her into the living room.



Much later that night, after Miyako had devoured the snacks, swooned over various animated characters, and prepared a not entirely awful dinner, she was working on her own homework and chattering to Iori at the same time.

He listened to her ramble for a while, but when he noticed the time he finally cut in. "Miyako, I should be going to bed pretty soon."

She glanced at the clock absently. "Yeah, you should." He stood and moved towards his bedroom. Miyako continued talking, much as she had all evening. "I don't even know why your mom bothered having me come over. It's not like you're a little kid who needs to be supervised all the time."

Pleasantly surprised, Iori went to bed. Perhaps this evening hadn't been a total disaster after all.