Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Nyctophobia ❯ The Encounter ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: See chapter 1. I only own OC's.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$
 
I bet you're wondering what happened after the shadow attacked me. Well, Jenrya and the others took me home…
 
Takato opened his eyes, blinking to clear his vision. He sat up and clutched the back of his head with one of his hands as a headache made itself present.
 
“Ouch…” He said. Takato could tell that the others were giving him concerned looks and decided not to look at them at the moment.
 
“Are you ok?” Guilmon asked his Tamer.
 
“Just a slight headache…” Takato answered.
 
There was an uncomfortable silence after he said that. Takato could tell that they knew about his `condition' from his parents.
 
This will be hard to explain…Takato thought to himself.
 
“What's `Nyctophobia?'” Count on Terriermon to ask something like that. Takato looked at his hands in embarrassment and shame. Jenrya and Ruki knew what Nyctophobia was but thought it better if Takato told the Digimon. It was about five minutes of silence before Takato spoke.
 
“Nyctophobia,” He started, snapping the others attention to Takato, “is a…chronic terror of the dark…but not like the usual `afraid of the dark.'”
 
“What do you mean?” Renamon asked him gently. They could tell that this was a really sensitive subject for the brunette.
 
“Well,” Takato began, “my heart rate will start to speed up, I'll start shaking uncontrollably, sweat profusely and overall look like I've seen a ghost.”
 
“Why didn't you tell us about this?” Jenrya asked. Takato winced as he felt Jenrya's hurt feelings crash onto him in waves.
 
They knew I didn't have a good reason not to tell them after my lack of response to the question. They left me alone to my thoughts. I could feel Jenrya's aura right outside my door. Because Jenrya was still here is why I'm still alive right now. After they had left me, the Shadow started to toy with my Nyctophobia…
 
“Why are we still sticking around, Jen?” Terriermon asked his Tamer, who had his cell phone out and ready to dial the nearest hospital.
 
“That shadow had done something to Takato,” Jenrya told him, “but I don't know what.
 
Before Terriermon could comment, they heard Takato screaming in fright, which was all Jenrya needed to wrench the door open and run over to Takato's side. He took the brunette's pulse and called the hospital, Takato had a very high heart rate.
 
Well, we made it to the hospital. Luckily the doctors were able to get my heart rate back to normal. To this day, I still thank my lucky star sign that Jenrya was worried so much about me that he stayed behind to make sure I'd be ok.
 
“Jenrya?” The nurse asked. Said boy stood up and followed her to Takato's room, “He's still weak from his panic attack so, be gentle with him.” She winked at Jenrya knowingly. He had no time to be confused, though, he wanted to see if Takato was all right.
 
“Hey.” Jenrya greeted, softly, to Takato. He gave a small smile in greeting, Jenrya could tell he was exhausted. Jenrya sat down next to him.
 
“Thanks,” Takato began, “for staying.”
 
“Mou men tai!” Terriermon said, making Takato chuckle softly at the rabbit. (I don't care what you say, I think he's a rabbit!) The three talked for a while since Takato had fallen asleep during another one of Jenrya and Terriermon's arguments.
 
Terriermon had gone ahead home, leaving Jenrya alone with Takato. He couldn't help but smile at how calm and innocent the brunette looked as he slept. Jenrya then left, but not before having one thought that, luckily, he didn't take notice to.
 
`He's cute when he sleeps…'
 
That nurse had seen that our feelings toward each other were more than just friendship or brotherly. Yeah, it was that kind of feeling. I was discharged from the hospital a week later, unbeknownst to us that one of my deep secrets was going to be revealed to my friends: Who I really am.
 
Just who am I? Well, you'll find out. I should warn you, what I am will leave you shocked beyond belief.
 
`D*** me and my secrets!' Takato thought to himself. He, Ruki, Jenrya and their Digimon were at the park, Terriermon and Guilmon playing while Renamon was watching out for danger on a tree branch. Ruki and Jenrya were actually talking to each other in a civil manner. Takato was thinking while watching the Digimon play at the same time. He mentally sighed.
 
`They can't find out about this secret though. If they do…' He stopped that train of thought, knowing where that would have led to.
 
`D*** secrets…' He thought, angrily. Soon he went on a different train of thought.
 
`How is it that it literally took months for me to completely trust Juri, Kenta and Kazu while it took only a word from Jenrya for me to completely trust him?' Takato pondered about this, oblivious to the others. Luckily, he was still alert to any hostile auras.
 
Lucky indeed. If it wasn't for the fact that I could sense Them coming, we'd all be dead at that moment.
 
Takato's head snapped up, stood up with inhuman speed and started looking around franticly. The others froze when they saw him doing this.
 
“Don't move!” He hissed at them, urgently. They didn't even make a sound. Soon, they heard taunting laughter all around them. Takato tensed up when he recognized the laughter.
 
`Kuso!' Was his immediate thought.
 
“You're still as uptight as ever!” A female voice told them, mainly directed at Takato.
 
`WHY DID SHE HAVE TO APPEAR NOW?!' Was Takato's frantic thought.
 
“But,” She continued, “if you weren't so alert I wouldn't have had any fun killing you at all!” She continued to laugh at him.
 
When she came out in the light, she had pale blue eyes, blond hair down to her chin wearing a black trench coat complete with matching boot and gloves (just imagine the guys from Organization XIII in Kingdom Hearts 2). The woman looked over at Takato's friends and started laughing again.
 
“That's pathetic!” She commented, making Takato's blood boil, “These are what someone like you hang around with? You're either pathetic, desperate or both!”
 
`She won't get away with that!' Takato silently vowed.
 
“Now the question is, do they even know who you are, Takato?” She asked with a sneer. Takato's friends turned their attention to said brunette. He remained silent, not trusting his voice. This made her laugh again.
 
“How about I tell them?”
 
`B***h!' Takato thought.
 
“How about NOT, Cleo?!” Takato answered, his words dripping with venom.
 
“Well, aren't YOU in a foul mood!” Cleo said, scornfully, “I'll leave you alone, for now anyway!” With that, she disappeared.
 
`I'm screwed…' Takato thought as he turned to look at his friends.
 
“What did she mean by that, Takato?” Guilmon asked, timidly. Takato shuffled his feet in shame and looked really close to crying.
 
“Takato?” Jenrya asked, concern evident in his voice.
 
“I'm really sorry I didn't tell you this…” He trailed off as tears slid down his face, “I'm…I'm not human.” The last word was said quietly.
 
You know the feeling called relief right? Well, they didn't shun me or abandon me as I thought they would. The relief I felt was intense. In fact, I started to cry again when they didn't abandon me or anything.
 
“Then,” Ruki started out, “what are you?” Takato shook his head.
 
“I can't tell you,” He started and held up his hand before they could question him, “because, if I told you, I'd be breaking a lot of laws and oaths. You'll have to find out what I am. It's the only way I won't lose you guys.”
 
We didn't mention the encounter with Cleo again. Instead, we pretended it never happened. You're still wondering what I am, right? Well, they found out later on, but only because I had no choice. It was either I became my true form and save Jenrya, or stayed human and watch him die by my enemy. You'll find out soon enough, since it happened two days after the encounter with Cleo.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$
WHOOT! I made a long chapter! ^__^ I feel very accomplished! Don't worry, you'll find out what Takato is in the next chapter and don't think I've forgotten about the shadow! JenKato fluff next chapter! Now I need to type it…