Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Nyctophobia ❯ The Stalker ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: See previous chapter.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$
 
Like I said, it was two days after our encounter with Cleo. Who did we encounter this time? Cleo's `boyfriend' Patrick, but he's not really her `boyfriend.' Patrick's…well, you'll find out.
 
“You understood that science teacher?” Ruki asked, shocked, “No one else could! Even Jen couldn't understand her!” Takato shrugged, sheepishly.
 
“I'm just as shocked as you are!” Takato answered, “It just clicked.”
 
“Yeah, and the teacher embarrassed the heck out of you, too.” Jenrya commented. Takato groaned at the memory.
 
The three were walking toward the `hideout.' Takato was in the middle of Ruki and Jenrya, in case they got into a fight.
 
Before they could greet their Digimon, Takato took the other two Tamers by the collar of their shirt and pulled them back. Three scorch marks were right where the three had last stood.
 
The Digimon went over to their Tamers, knowing that something hostile was there. They then heard amused laughter, a male's voice.
 
`Ah kuso…' Takato thought once he recognized the voice. His eyes narrowed slightly as he tried to find out where he was.
 
“I see you remember me!” The man came out into the light. He had brown hair, brown eyes and was wearing the same thing Cleo was. The two were in the same organization.
 
“Who can forget?” Takato retorted, “You've practically scarred me for life!!!!” The man started laughing again.
 
“Still as feisty as ever, I see!” He answered, “Maybe that's why…”
 
“DON'T EVEN FINISH THAT STATEMENT!” Takato yelled, blushing like mad.
 
“You still think I'm a stalker?”
 
“YOU ARE A STALKER!” Takato retorted. The man shrugged in response.
 
“Ah, well,” He started, “I guess I'll have to take my frustration out on someone.” He started looking at Jenrya and Ruki. His eyes had lingered a second longer on Jenrya. Takato knew what that meant and got mad.
 
“Don't you dare, Patrick!” Takato threatened.
 
“Too late, Taka!” Patrick taunted, amusement evident in his voice. He snapped his fingers and disappeared in a swirl of wind.
 
The ground started to shake and a huge dragon appeared through a portal of darkness. It was made completely of darkness; its red eyes were lusting to see blood shed. Its teeth and claws sharp enough to tear through anything.
 
In a swift motion, its tail swung forward and separated the others from Jenrya and took him with one of its claws. Jenrya was struggling, but the attempt was in vain. It was getting harder and harder for the boy to breath, the darkness and pressure from the claw was unbearable.
 
“It's your choice, Takato!” Patrick's voice echoed, “Either you reveal yourself and save your friend, or you stay human and watch your friend die!”
 
`Like I had any other choice…' Takato grimly thought. He reached inside his shirt and took out a necklace. The necklace had a phoenix made of ruby and was tied to a black cord. Takato clutched the phoenix in his fist and his body was immediately enveloped in flames. Ruki screamed.
 
Once the flames had receded, instead of seeing Takato, they saw a golden-yellow bird with Takato's cinnamon colored eyes. His wings had a stripe of orange at the top and the bottom feathers were tipped in red, making him look as though he was made of fire. His tail feathers were the same as his wings. The bird was also about half of Takato's height.
 
“Ruki,” Renamon said, breathlessly, “is that what a phoenix looks like?”
 
“Yeah…” Ruki answered.
 
“What beauty and power!” Renamon commented.
 
The phoenix spread his wings and took flight, going straight for the dragon's eyes. His body then became flames and went right through its eyes. It shrieked in pain and dropped Jenrya. The phoenix acted fast and grabbed Jenrya by the shoulders, being careful not to hurt the boy.
 
`That was SO freakin' close!' The phoenix thought. Jenrya was surprised that he heard that and the phoenix sounded familiar too…
 
“Takato?” Jenrya asked. He felt surprise emanating off of the phoenix.
 
`You could hear that?' Jenrya nodded, `Well, I'll be d***ed! Oh, uh, sorry…'
 
“Knew it was you, Takato,” Jenrya commented, amusedly. Takato dropped Jenrya on ground at a safe height. He then became flames again and charged through the beast's heart. A final shriek from it and it became ashes.
 
“Takato!” They yelled.
 
Jenrya went over to the ashes and saw that the pile was moving! He started digging in the ashes and laughed at what he found. Standing up, Jenrya held a baby phoenix in his hands. Takato held himself up proudly.
 
`I need to become human now,' Takato started, `so, put me on the ground and stand back a few feet!'
 
Jenrya did so and stood back. In an eruption of flames, the phoenix became human Takato, albeit a human Takato with smudges of ash everywhere. They all laughed at him while he tried to wipe the ash off of him.
 
Well, Ruki had left us after the experience since her mom had forced her to go shopping again. After Jenrya and I bade the Digimon good-bye, things started to become interesting…
 
“That was amazing, Takato,” Jenrya complemented, making said brunette blush. Unfortunately, their celebration had to be cut short since Patrick had appeared again. He didn't look too happy. Jenrya had to clamp his hand over Takato's mouth, since the brunette had thought what he was going to say and Jenrya had heard it.
 
`F***off, Patrick!' Takato thought.
 
“Why are you here?” Jenrya asked instead.
 
“To see if I have any competition,” Patrick started, “If there is, eliminate it.” Takato took Jenrya's hand away from his mouth.
 
“Yeah, you've got competition!” Takato retorted, without thinking.
 
`Ah kuso!' The brunette thought, Jenrya silently agreed. Patrick raised an eyebrow.
 
“Oh, would the competition be that boy you are with right now?” Patrick accused.
 
`F***!' Takato thought, frantically, `PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!!!'
 
“Yeah,” Takato said calmly, while on the inside he was in hysterics. Patrick and Jenrya were shocked, though they didn't show it. Patrick crossed his arms, not believing the brunette.
 
“Prove it,” He retorted.
 
`FORGIVE ME JEN!!!!!!!' Takato mentally berated himself as he grabbed the other boy, spun him to face Takato and pressed his lips against Jenrya's. The brunette glared at Patrick while he kissed Jenrya. To say Patrick was jealous would have been the understatement of the century. Takato pulled away after a while, still glaring at Patrick.
 
“Then if I can't have you,” Patrick threatened, coldly, “NO ONE WILL!” With that, he whipped up a whirlwind that lifted the two up in the air. With another whirlwind, Patrick threw the two deeper into the woods part of the park. Takato grabbed Jenrya and Takato used his own body to shield Jenrya.
 
I couldn't remember much after the fall. I guess I was unconscious for a good part of the day. Well, Jenrya was still in my arms…
 
Takato groaned in pain as he came back to consciousness. He felt Jenrya's body still in his arms. Blushing like mad, he checked to see if the other boy was conscious, which he was. Jenrya noticed they were both conscious, blushed when he felt he was still in Takato's arms and quickly got off.
 
“Sorry,” Takato said, looking ashamed of himself. Jenrya shook his head, gave Takato a small smile and helped the brunette up. Takato yelped in pain when he put pressure on his right leg.
 
“Looks like you broke your leg,” Jenrya said, concern was etched into his features.
 
“Well,” Takato started, looking at the sky, “we need to move somewhere before it gets too dark.” Jenrya nodded in agreement and the two put one of their arms around the others shoulders, walking away from the spot where they had fallen.
 
We found a place to rest for the night, it did have a lamp but it looked like it would burn out in a few hours. Jenrya had a few questions for me, I answered them truthfully since that is the first oath my kind has to take.
 
They sat down underneath a tree, just as the sun had set and darkness fell. The two sat in an awkward silence.
 
“So,” Jenrya said, breaking the uncomfortable silence, “who is Patrick?”
 
“My stalker,” Takato answered. Jenrya nodded in understanding, finding that Takato didn't really like talking about Patrick.
 
“How could I hear your thoughts?” Jenrya asked, hoping he didn't sound prying.
 
“Hmm…” Takato paused, trying to remember, “Must be a bond…I can't really remember the details. I'll have to look it up.” He gave Jenrya an apologetic look.
 
“That's ok,” Jenrya said, “What's the necklace for?”
 
“It allows me to use my phoenix form,” Takato answered. They fell into another silence, but it was a comfortable silence and they didn't bring up the kissing subject.
 
I didn't want him to know about bonds between my kind and mortals. See, my kind all have mortal soul mates. Once we meet our soul mate, we `bond' to them immediately. Oh yeah, this means that Jenrya and I are soul mates. I didn't think it was the right time to tell him that. I knew Jenrya had fallen asleep at one point…
 
Jenrya woke up to the sound of a small whimper coming from the brunette. He saw why, the lamp had gone out so the whole place was really dark. For Takato, it meant to say hi to his Nyctophobia.
 
He looked over at Takato and saw the poor brunette shaking like a leaf. After a few moments of indecision, Jenrya took Takato into his arms and forced the brunette to sit in between Jenrya's legs (Jen's legs were in straddle (V) position). Takato soon started to just shiver slightly and fell asleep, unconsciously leaning against Jenrya's chest. Jenrya couldn't help but blush, tightening his grasp slightly on Takato's waist.
 
`I kinda liked that kiss…' Was Jenrya's last thought before he, too, fell asleep. Takato smiled, he had heard the thought.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$
Awwwwwwwwww! No, I will not write a lemon scene for them. I don't know how I did on the action part of this though…meh, R&R plz! ^__^