Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Rebel Girl ❯ What's with Davis ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
A few years had passed since the defeat of the evil, Maylomyotismon, and quite a lot had happened since then for the Digi Destined.
 
Tai's group had all gone to college, and were hardly seen anymore, but they still kept their emails coming, and there was also the holidays, and school breaks.
 
Tai was studying hard to be a diplomat. He was also dating Davis' older sister Jun. The once crazed psycho girl who stalked Matt for so long. She had matured a lot over the years, and now she working for a medical career.
 
So she was in as many classes as Joe was.
 
Sora… she and Tai did go out on a few dates, but it didn't work out, so they broke it up. Sora, who was studying to get a career in fashion was dating Matt.
 
Matt was pretty much the hardest at work, studying to be an astronaut, and to be that took lots of science, technology, and astronomy to study.
 
Luckily, Izzy was there studying, and teaching computer technology.
 
As for Mimi… well, she and her folks moved back to Japan a while ago, and she went to college to brush up on some skills to become a great chef on day.
 
 
As for the others…
 
They were all in senior High-school now, all of them in Grade-twelve.
 
“Can you believe it? Only one year to go before we graduate.” Kari giggled as she and Yolei walked to school.
 
“Good.” Yolei said. “Then maybe I can finally get rid of this tacky uniform.”
 
She and Kari shared a laugh.
 
They got to school, and they were met at their lockers by their boyfriends. TK, and Ken got their girlfriends each a pretty rose to wear on their uniforms, because this was a very special day for them.
 
TK and Kari, as well as Yolei and Ken had been dating for one whole year. “Why don't we all go out tonight and make it a double date?” TK suggested. The girls gave out a shriek.
 
“EEE… that would be so cool.” Yolei cried.
 
Ken smiled softly. He still had a little trouble getting over his dark past, but ever since Maylomyotismon had been defeated, and he and Yolei started dating, it didn't bother him as much anymore.
 
Cody, and his new girlfriend Hitomi, came up to meet them in the hallway. “See you after school?” Hitomi asked.
 
Cody pecked her on the cheek. “Sure… but I'll miss you.”
 
“Miss you more.”
 
“Gee… you and that girl look like you're really getting tight.” TK said.
 
Cody smirked. “Hey, we only started dating a few days ago.” he said. “It's nice that someone actually called me cute without actually pinching my cheeks.”
 
The gang shared a laugh, but the cheerfulness was broken when one of the other students, Mina Tanaka came to her locker looking all upset, as if she had been dumped.
 
TK whispered. “Didn't she say she was going to try and ask Davis out on a date?”
 
Kari nodded. “The cheerleaders were bragging about it for days since she said she was going to go for it.”
 
In class, Kari and TK sat next to each other, and Davis finally came in. “Late again Mr. Motomiya.” the teacher said disappointedly. “You know the policy.”
 
Davis sighed. “I know… I know. I'll be here after school.” he handed in his homework, and took his seat.
 
As class continued, Kari and TK were starting to get the feeling that something was wrong with Davis. He had been late for class every morning, because of his recent lack of sleep. He looked as though he had been up late all night.
 
When they asked him, how his date with Mina went last night. “Oh, uh… we didn't go out.” he said. “She never came.”
 
Kari was starting to sense a lie in Davis' voice.
 
Davis was eighteen, and he still never had a single date in his life. Especially seeing as how girls were starting to crush on him, but for some strange reason, whenever a girl attempted to ask Davis out, it ended up in disaster.
 
No one knew exactly what it was… but still, some girls had given up on Davis and some didn't even bother to go near him. Yet, Davis himself never looked as though he had even been out.
 
Meanwhile
 
He Davis handed in his detention assignment, and he ran off to get to work at the mall, where he had scored a cool job in at a place called, “Spin This Music” a CD, and DVD store, and he was in charge of the Heavy-Metal section.
 
(A little bit of 6teen will help)
 
There, at least he had the music to keep him fired up, and forget about Kari… that is, unless She and TK were in the store at that moment buying a CD to use for their study date, and he had to ring up the disk.
 
“Hi, Davis.” Kari said.
 
Davis looked up and smiled. “Hey, how are the lovebirds?” he said.
 
Kari and TK grinned. It was nice to see Davis hadn't been brooding or acting stuck-up since they started dating. He even looked as though he accepted the fact that Kari chose someone else over him.
 
TK and Kari also thought it was really weird. Davis never used to like them even flirting with each other, but when they started dating he seemed to have changed a little strangely for their likings.
 
Since when would Davis let the one girl he ever crushed on go out with someone else, and then just accept it like that. Whatever it was, at least he was being nice to them.
 
They were still thinking of it though, when they went on that double date with Ken and Yolei. They didn't understand Davis either. Usually Davis would go to any lengths to be with Kari. Even if it meant doing things he hated.
 
“I'd also like to know why he's not getting much sleep at night.” Yolei said.
 
Suddenly, they looked up and saw Yuri. A girl from gardening-class, and who worked at Flower Power Florists in the mall. She looked mighty sad.
 
“Hey, Yuri… how things go last night?” Kari asked.
 
Tears formed in Yuri's eyes. “I don't want to talk about it.” and she ran off crying.
 
Obviously, things with her and Davis didn't go well. “That's the seventh this week.” Kari said. “What's going on here?”
 
Several girls at school, and in the mall had been going for it. Trying to ask Davis out, only to end up actually not having dated him at, and looking as though they had been dumped before even given a chance.
 
“Something strange is defiantly going on here.” Kari thought.
 
TK noticed his girlfriend staring off into space. “You okay, Kari?” he asked. Kari snapped out of her trance, and then looked up to him and smiled. She rested her head on his shoulder. “Sure… nothing to worry about.”
 
Just then, they two girls walk by, and one of them was Davis' boss from Spin this, Serena, and the other was her best friend Charmaine. They were gossiping over something big.
 
“No way… you finally asked Davis out?” Serena said. “Well the kid is kind of cute… so what did he say. Are you going for it?”
 
Charmaine held out a little slip of paper. “He said to come by tonight, and remember all this… but he didn't tell me why.” she said. “Whatever it is, I'm sure he's planning something.”
 
They walked off.
 
Charmaine had been trying to ask Davis out for a while now, and like some girls, Charmaine liked it when they played hard to get. “Hmm… very odd.” Kari said.
 
“What's odd?” asked Yolei
 
Kari thought it was weird that Davis finally agreed to Charmaine, and told her to drop by his house remembering some things on a slip of paper. “Oh, well… maybe he just has something big planned.” she said.
 
“Speaking of him…” TK said, they all looked up and saw Davis on his way out. “Hey, Davis. Heard about you and Charmaine.”
 
Davis gave them thumbs up.
 
“Go get her tiger.” Yolei said.
 
“I will Davis said.” and he turned to walk back up through the mall. “I'll get her but good.” he thought sinisterly. Then he got out his cell phone and dialed… 911.
 
“Yeah… it's me.” he said in the phone. “We got another one tonight, think you can make it…”
 
He waited. “Good, you remember what to do.” and he hung up. “Heh, heh… sorry Charmaine.”