Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Romanced ❯ Ten ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Digimon. I don't want to. There are too many wannabes. I fear of competition.This is yaoi (boyxboy), Taito, Kensuke (sort of), Yamaken and Taisuke.

Romanced by Wormmonsoul

part 2 Christmas
chapter 1

Ken woke up next morning.
He rolled to face his room from the height of his bed and stared at his table where he left Yamato's gift last night. Ken let out a long irritated breath.
It was stupid of Yamato to give him that tape much less to write a song for him.
Ken bitterly laughed.
What kind of insinuation was that? Moronic.
Yeah, right.
Ken blocked the fact from his mind. He was still furious at Yamato for that mean trick.
And then of course the Chosen Children went and dared him to sing the song loud and clear.
There was absolutely no way to get out of this.
Why couldn't Yamato give him a book like his father and mother would? Like Daisuke would do?
He sprang down and shoved the tape into one of his drawers without listening to it even once.

It was a busy Christmas morning, 24th of December. Cold crispy day opened with Santa Clauses' greetings and folk melodies.
Jyou was in panic - he was afraid that there would be no presents left at the end of the day and dashed to do the shopping. He ran into Koshiro, who was walking around in circles, unsure of what to do that the school was temporarily over. Staring out of the window of a particularly heavily Christmas decorated shop, both caught a glimpse of running Yamato hurrying on his way to the band's rehearsal.
"Poor Ken. It would be fun to hear this song," commented Jyou.
"Uhu." Koshiro gave him a sidelong glance. "What do you think of Yamato and Taichi?"
Jyou scratched his nose, straightened his glasses and shrugged embarrassed.
"Well... it's not my business but if you ask me... They are very good very close friends."
"But as a couple?"
Jyou stared at Koshiro. "You really think it can be?" he asked in astonishment. "Well, then, erm, okay, they'll be ...a nice couple... I'm not sure if they don't fight all the time.."
The redhead expectantly pierced him with the stare of his black eyes; the information wasn't enough.
"And I hate to think who can be the dominant one... Taichi since he's so wild or Yamato since he's so composed..."
More demanding black eyes.
"I hope they're not serious and wouldn't take it too far... Right. Koshiro, don't you have anything else to do except swap rumours?"
"Nope," the Child of Knowledge answered gravely. Jyou let out a sigh.

It was an uneventful morning at Yagami's household, to say the least.
"Taichi, truth or dare?" the ever-energetic goggle boy asked.
"Truth."
The brunette gulped down the glass of orange juice and set it with a bang on the floor.
"Alright!!" Daisuke exclaimed. Hikari watched them disinterestedly for some time then went to visit her friends. Boys, like her brother and his ever-present counterpart, were boring. They had been taking turns in Truth or Dare all morning, which was just too much for her liking.
"Errrr.. what to ask?" Daisuke mumbled to himself - to himself meaning that people two storeys up and down heard him. "Sooo... what's Hikari's favourite colour... no..."
Taichi yawned - Daisuke was bothering him with stupid childish questions since the sun had risen. "Ask me what my true love is," he said simply. "C'mon, let's play it serious, who needs children's games anyway?"
"Okay, so who?"
"Yamato."
Daisuke winked. "I KNEW it!!!!!!!!! You will be very good together.."
"Why, thank you... My turn. Truth or Dare? Truth? Okay... What did you feel after first Jogress?" Taichi asked.
Daisuke blushed from head to foot. "Well, I... uhm.." he stuttered. "I, Ken... we... I thought," he lowered his head. "I thought I was in love with Ken."
Taichi studied his bent blushing neck. "Were you really?"
Mutter, mutter, mutter.
"Yes or no?"
"I'm not sure."
Daisuke stared aside. "I'm not sure," he repeated.
Taichi pressed his lips together. "And what did Ken think?"
"Hey, MY turn!" Daisuke jumped up. "Truth or Dare?"
"Dare."
"I dare you... to kiss Yamato!"
Taichi chuckled. "Already.."
Daisuke opened his eyes very wide. "And?!!!" he demanded.
Taichi threw his hands over his head and whistled. Daisuke stared at him like he was a god. "Ohhh..." he sighed in awe. "Wow..."
Taichi nodded happily. "I loved it." He propped his back on the wall. "Truth or Dare, Daisuke?"
"Dare. NO, truth."
"You ever kissed before?"
Daisuke shook his head vigorously. "No, no, no, no!" He stared in his lap. Taichi chuckled.
"If you were to choose between Hikari and Ken, who would you kiss?" the brunette asked evilly.
Daisuke dreamily touched his lips. "Why, of course, Hi.." Then a strange expression came into his eyes and he halted. "If she asks me.." he added. Taichi rolled his eyes.
"Okay, look. If - somehow - Ken and Hikari were here, right in front of you, and asked you for a single kiss, both of them - no consequences, probably, one kiss for life, then you go away, like, a goodbye kiss - who would you choose? Be honest, it doesn't count that Hikari's MY sister and Ken's YOUR best friend... Who?"
Daisuke lowered his head almost in his lap and his bangs hung over his eyes. Blood rushed to his face as he desperately tried to cover up.
"You know," he murmured softly emphasizing the 'you'. "If it'll be the last kiss..."
"Yep, the ONLY one," Taichi nodded. He bent his head to hear Daisuke's quiet answer...
"YOU know.." the boy whispered.
"Come on, it's not that bad, say it," Taichi prompted him in low voice. They snuggled together like conspirators.
The brown eyes glistened with emotion. The boy opened and closed his mouth like a fish, the name stuck in his throat, a timid one, a mouthed one, it still wouldn't come out. Daisuke shook his head, unable to speak.
"No..." he said weakly.
Taichi wrapped a protective arm over his shoulders. "Will it be Ken?" Taichi asked. Impulsively, Daisuke hid his burning face into the older boy's chest, nodded viciously and inhaled with a sob, still nodding as if he couldn't stop.

Yamato stopped before the small studio where his band practised and took a deep breath. He opened the door.
"Hi!" he said to his bandmates.
"You're late, Ishida."
"You look awful."
"Who kept you in bed so long?"
"Thanks," Yamato said wryly. "We all know you love me... Uhm, I have a... a surprise!"
"You're actually getting MARRIED?"
"Try DIVORCED!"
"It's either he's gonna be a father or he has a nasty new song for us."
Yamato dismissed all the gossip he grew accustomed to with a roll of his eyes. "Yeah, it's the song. How about we sing it today?" he tried with a sort of a meek smile. "I think it's a good idea..." he added weakly.
His bandmates frowned and armed with their musical instuments, thus looking intimidating, they advanced on him. Yamato jumped back and slammed the door shut.
"I want to sing that song! Nevertheless!" he shouted, holding the door with his shoulder.
"You! Fricking playboy! What fricking girl asked you to do it! For what fricking thing?!!!"
"Hey!" Yamato said in defense. "There was no girl, I swear!"
"What fricking BOY asked you and for what fricking thing, then?!!!"
He pressed his hands to his ears and muted out a storm of shouting arousing behind the closed door. He was bored with all the description that followed of himself, his closest relatives, his origin, and things that should have or had already happened to him. He could only wonder at their rich imagination. Teenage Wolves were primarily teenage. They loved to think of themselves as world-famous rock-stars and they loved to make up dirty kind of stories about Yamato, that nobody believed in except themselves.
Silence fell behind the door.
Yamato opened it a crack.
"So, how about that new song, anyway?" he said with his ears burning.
A grumble and a hissing. Yamato quickly dodged a flying book and hid behind the door.
"Guys, I'm serious! It's life or death!" he shouted.
"Then DIE!!!"
The bandmates started discussing him vigorously.
Yamato shrugged. *Three more times, and they're done,* he thought. *I thought it would be worse. Damn the bet!* In the meanwhile he went to get himself some coffee.

tsuzuku...