Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Sacrifices ❯ Die Trying ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: Digimon is not mine, it belongs to some other people…..I know what I'm talking about….



Sacrifices IV
Die trying

Davis P.O.V.

I saw it coming first, trust me, I notice these things. It would be totally cool to watch the big ball of fire, but the problem was it was aimed at us. Or more specifically Kari and Yolei. And if they didn't die from that impact that would mean they moved out of the way in time or the Digi- world was a dream. And I know from personal experience it wasn't.
" Kari!" T.k. and I yelled .
Ken, T.k., and I ran simultaneously to push them out of the path of the ball of fire only T.K. reached there first. He expertly pushed them out of the way in time and no one got hurt.
I heard Kari's whispered thank-you. She got up shakily, looked at where the thing landed and gave T.K. a hug. Honestly, how is a guy suppose to get a girl if the girls so called "best friend" is a guy. This guy also likes the girl and is always with her I might want to add. See!
I began to lead them towards the forest. But then I stopped…what the hell was I thinking.
"Wait!", I said. "Lets fight this thing". Running away was cowardly, plus if we ran away this time this thing could attack again.
" What if it was an accident!"
"Too bad", I said running in the direction the attack came from with everyone in tow.
" I really don't think this is the best of idea's", T.k. voiced.
" Coward T.k.?", I asked. He didn't reply and kept on following the rest of us.
I saw Kari hesitate form the corner of my eyes before running after us. Running towards the enemy, now that was a smart move!
Ken saw the look on my face, and in response said, "I was thinking the same thing".
O.K. so maybe I'm not always a genius; but no ones perfect! Although if you asked Yolei she'd say I'm a stupid idiot, as if it was all the time.
" Davis you're a stupid idiot!" Yolei said on queue , as if she read my thoughts, and just railed we were heading directly towards the enemy. Weird, that's twice now…maybe I'm saying things out loud. Sometimes I hate other peoples point of view.
"Yeah, well its not like you're not", I yelled in response.
Another attack came flying our way and landed a few meters behind the group of us causing us to fly forewords due to the impact. It was a good thing there was grass were we were because it would suck if it happened to be rocky. By the way, a few meters behind us meant a few meters behind us. Yes, as in two meters!
Yolei shirked before she hit the ground. Typical of Yolei. Actually everyone would be surprised if she didn't shriek, scream, or yell before anything slightly drastic happened. This thing was more dangerous than I anticipated because when I glanced behind me there was a five foot creator where grass should have been.
"Veemon!" I yelled, and he came out of no where took one second to grasp the situation and knew why I called him. I saw that everyone else's Digimon had done the same.
" Ready!" I yelled to Ken, who nodded his head in agreement.
"Lets go!" I heard Yolei yell.
"Hawkmon" "Gatamon"
"X-Veemon" "Stingmon"
"DNA Digivolve to"
"Sophymon"
"Pieldramon"
I hid a smirk when I noticed Cody wasn't here and T.k. couldn't DNA digivolve. Don't get me wrong, I noticed Cody wasn't around before but now it had more significance. Plus, I knew the strength of a team relied on the weakest member, I was just allowing myself a sense of evil pleasure.
"Patamon digivolve to…Angemon"
O.K., so maybe I forgot about that.
Pieldramon flew foreword following Sophymon who was following Angemon wh9o was in the lead. We had yet to see our enemy.
The group of us took of running after our Digimon. And that's when I stopped dead in my tracks. Upon seeing the enemy I knew that if we weren't battling we all would be screaming.
Lets just say, Ogermon had better days!
Standing on its two massive legs, the guns it had were in both arms were bigger then Pieldramon and from what I've seen they looked more effective.
"Great", Ken mumbled sarcastically.
I seriously hoped it took this enemy an actual series of shots to make that lovely little creator but I had a bad feeling that he only used one gun and fired one shot. And that seriously sucked.
"This sucks", said T.K. See what I mean, I really do wonder if I say my thoughts aloud. Well with a statement as blunt as that the only thing the rest of us could do was agree.
"Rapid fire", Pieldramon yelled firing his guns rapidly at the enemy. Then we all got the pleasure of watching the enemy blink at the attack! The enemy didn't even humor us enough to flinch. It just kinda stood there like we were the breeze. Then he swatted Pieldramon like he was a fly. When all stood in shock, and I know I was gaping at the scene. Pieldramon was sent flying and he landed…into a tree. He instantly digivolved.
"Pieldramon"! I heard me and Ken yell at the same time!
We had to keep on fighting, I thought to myself even as Pieldramon was down.
What was even worse was the fire ball flying directly toward where mine and Kens Digimon lay!
"Nooo", Ken I yelled as we saw it happening. Both Veemon and Worromon where unconscious.