Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Sacrifices ❯ Devided we fall ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sacrifices III

Disclaimer: Digimon is not mine. It belongs to the anime geniuses who created it. (Although the geniuses could use a little help with the ending of season two)

*****Kari's POV*****

So we were off again following Davis, of all the people. I might as well of been following my brother Tai. As things have it, they probably have the same brain. Wait, I personally take that comment back. I knew for a fact that Tai was smarter than Davis. Now keep in mind Davis isn't stupid. In some things he's smarter than most. So I don't mean to be bias against him but Tai is my brother.

I walked up to T.K. and stayed close by him. I didn't want to make it too obvious to our brave an fearless leader that me and T.K. were going out. I don't know about how T.K. felt about me, but I love him. Well that's the only way I could identify my feelings towards him. They were really, really strong. I think I felt this way about T.K. since Piedmon. Yes, my love for him did have an extended history!

Well I could be grateful Davis had a scene of direction, because he actually found Ken and Yolei…and there little picnic thing. I knew for a fact that Yolei loved picnics. Funny, since she was so busy paying attention to Ken, she didn't see Hawkmon steal her food.

"Hi Yolei, Hey Ken!"

I said breaking the silence before Davis did. It wasn't like I wanted to ruin the peace more, and to ruin the peace, asking Davis to talk would probably be the best way to do it.

Even I could hear Yolei's silent groan, and both of them blushed.

Awww, they looked so cute together. I had to remind myself to tease Yolei about that later. A strange look flashed over T.k's face, then as soon as it came it was gone. I knew he wanted to be open about our relationship. But I was afraid if we did, it would cause problems between me , him and Davis. Divided we fall is something that comes into mind when I think of that. I just wasn't ready to tell Davis yet.

I sighed.

"See, we have a slight problem", I said in a calm tone, calm was good. I just had to be home by a certain time, no big deal. I could handle it. I wouldn't get worried. Tai wouldn't kill family members…..

"The digi-portal is-", T.k. started and was cut off by Davis, who thought that of course he knew everything. Well maybe he didn't think that way, but cutting people off was rude. Davis wasn't a bad person. It was just that he had an ego the size of Jupiter.

T.k. just let Davis explain. It didn't matter as longs as the message got across. Did I tell you I love T.k? Just checking!

"…..We'll try!" Ken said putting his arm around Yolei's waist. I missed most of what was said day-dreaming about T.k.

Davis began to lead the way to the Digi-port and we all just…followed.

"Are you ok?", T.k. asked when Davis was far enough ahead of us so he wouldn't hear.

"Yeah", I whispered back. I held his hand for reassurance to his question and I guess we just didn't let go.

When we reached the portal Ken tried first, and nothing happened.

"I guess it didn't work!" He said in his calm voice. Ken was one of those people that when a tornado came they would stand there and admirer the view. It was like he had this strange fore-bearing calm.

Yolei held her D-3 foreword and tried as well, to no avail. I stood and stared at the portal. Willing for it to open in result of my stare.

Maybe that's why I didn't see the huge glowing ball of fluorescent fire flying directly at me and Yolei.