Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Sacrifices ❯ As fast as you can ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: You know.. if only I was rich, I'd invest in digimon and then I could say its partially mine but ...... so its not mine if you haven't already guessed!

Sacrifices
Chapter Two : As fast you can

I threw myself to the left, the knife missed me but embedded itself in the wall about a inch or so from my head. I took a deep breath. I think it's about time I leave, especially since right about now he's trying to get the knife out of the wall. I stood quickly and made a dash for the door. Almost there....almost there...almost...Ahh. I put my hands forward as I flew towards the floor. Vegimon raped a tentacle around my right foot. I kicked it as hard as I could, I heard him squeal and quickly let go. Not one to let an opportunity pass me by I got up and ran through the door.

As I ran toward the nearest digi-portal my mind was racing, probably faster than my body, but not by much considering I was running impossibly fast. Whatever caused Vegimon to go berserk was dangerous. Even as I ran I could feel a dark presence in this world somehow hovering.

When I got to the digi-portal the first person I saw was Kari, who ran up to me and hugged me.
"Are you okay", I asked her while wrapping my arms around her waste. Kari felt so small and delicate in my arms, I wanted to stay like that forever. Too bad! Kari giggled ," You silly, that's the question I'm going to be asking you". I hissed quietly as she rubbed her arm against the wound on my shoulder. I hope she didn't hear that. If she did she'd worry and I wasn't in the mood for that.

"Hey, how come when I come from things you never hug me"?
That had to be Davis!

We let go of each other quickly. I was blushing and I could tell Kari was too.

"Because........"

"..................."

Oka y, so maybe the exsplaining thing wasn't going to work. She shrugged her small shoulders and rolled her cinnamon brown eyes.

"Are you okay", she said suddenly putting full attention on me. Just so I don't forget, Davis was talking
this whole time. About what ? I don't know.

"I guess", I shrugged in an attempt to act normal, no one had to know what happened at that restaurant, all I had to do is make sure no one ever, ever, ever, went there ever again.

" Common guys," Davis whined impatiently, "some of us have soccer matches to practice for". With unnecessary attitude! Oh well! That was something he could fix. I was just about to hint to him that we all had things to do, just in case he didn't notice, but then again why bother!

"Okay lets go," I confirmed. I guess Gatomon and Patamon would have to make it back on their own, it wasn't like they couldn't ...... So I take it you don't know. That was probably the small thing I forgot to mention. Well its not that it was small its just - nevermind. So back on topic, for some reason... or lack thereof, Patamon and Gatamon and only Patamon and Gatamon could make there way freely through both worlds. But not without the crests ( We all got copies of the originals ) which both digimon had a copy of.

So anyway back to the present..

Kari held out her digivice towards the portal entrance. Of course I personally made it my duty to make sure she went through first every time. Thanks to my mistake Kari was stuck by herself in the digiworld at one point. But that's an entirely different story.

I stood there watching her, and Davis just stared. Davis always stared at her when he got the chance. So I guess both he and I watched the dark brown hair sway in the wind for about a minute or two.

"Umm guys," Kari spoke quietly, "nothings happening".

"What", Davis nearly shouted.

"The potal's not opening", I explained for Davis.

"I asked Kari", Davis said heatedly back thus causing me to roll my eyes. Geez I was just trying to help the guy...

Kari was about to say something but she didn't. She was never one to yell, well except when she was excited or super ,super mad and that was scary. Even though when she's mad she looks so hot...umm never mind.
"Well I guess we can go find Yolei and Ken and let them try". Davis suggested , one of the reasons why he was apparently the leader. (Strange that his nor mine opened the entrance) .

"This way", I said beginning to take charge. Of course I was waiting for Davis to make a "polite" comment
and then " take the responsibility" of getting us their. Which was exactly what he did. So either I'm physic or Davis is just very predictable. And no I'm not physic Davis is just predictable.

"Hey I'm the leader, you guys have to follow me not some dumb person that thinks they know what there doing".

This guy just wants to start a fight! But of course he had to complete his idioticy by pushing me out of the way, well it was just pushing me! I was not in his way. One of his feet "accidentally" came into contact with one of mine and Davis went sprawling foreword, but managed to regain his balance. Spinning around to face me he almost lost his balance again which sent Kari into a fit of giggles. I just put on an innocent face like Ken always does. He does ! Trust me, just watch him!
Now Davis looked mad!

"Why'd you trip me T.J."

"Trip you?" I pulled the innocent Ken look and looked at Davis in confusion.

"It is not my problem when you trip over air".

I continued walking, unlike Davis I had no time for this. Of course he pushed himself in front which was fine by me. I wasn't the one with the burning desire to feel important.

But I still had this edging feeling that something was definitely going to go wrong, I could still feel the evil. As if on que the sky began to get darker, that's all it took to tell me that it was all a matter of time. If only I knew that we all could die. Or that some of us were going to....