Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Sacrifices ❯ Beginnings ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer- You see, I haven't taken over the world yet,

therefore digimon is not mine,

the only thing that's mine Is the plot line.

Narf! (.)_(.)

Sacrifices

"C'mon Veemon, it's not that hard to chop the vegetables" ."Speak for yourself, your not the one with the onions here, I wanted to stir, but nooo!".

"Stop complaining Veemon, and besides," Davis dropped more vegetables in the soup, "It could of been better".

"Better for who, you or me? and don't you mean worse?"

"Better, worse , whatever , I'm sure you've got the point".

"Just stir!" Veemon said sighing, he wondered if all the other digimon had this much trouble understanding their human partners.

"Bring the food NOW , I have more customers!" yelled Vegimon.

"Yes boss", snatching a tray , and Vegimon grabbing the beverages , Davis made his way to the table where the customers were sitting.

"Kari!, T.K., what are you doing here," Davis said loudly, obviously shocked. "Davis", they both said in unison, just and surprised as he was.

"What are you two doing here!" he demanded again, insisting that he found out. "Don't I get any respect around here ?"

*********TK POV***********

These things happened always, and yahh, I guess I could say I was used to them, this of course didn't mean I had to like them, but it still did happen. Again I was forced to answer that question noticing how Davis put emphasis on two.

"Well , uh, Kari and I came back to the digital world because our digimon wanted to play and return to their home again, so their um visiting their friends and we were just getting some food". So maybe I sucked at lying, at least I'm not lying about it. This meant telling a diluted version of the truth. Oh hell I mean well.

"Really", Davis said sarcastically staring a t Kari.

"He's telling the truth Davis!" Kari smiled.

"Sure he is!" Davis said rolling his eyes. Even Davis knew I couldn't lie if some one paid me too. That was going to hurt me later though.

I sighed. Why was it that every time I went on a date with my girlfriend , Davis would always be

somewhere around there to ruin it. The other boy had ruined it again. Ugh! I shot an annoyed look at Kari , who smiled and mouthed, ` It wasn't my idea'. And just to make me feel worse Davis slid in the booth and sat besides Kari.

Damn! I knew I should of sat `beside' Kari instead of `across' from her!

"So what brings you here!" I asked Davis. I had to pretend I was here casually, and that I was just "friends" with Kari. I personally hated having to hide my relationship with Kari from everyone, but she insisted, claiming it would cost too much trouble. Kari was probably right, but I didn't want her to be.

"What's taking so long"?

All eyes focused on a very angry Vegimon. "You really do want to stay for an extra day don't you".

I knew what was happening, it was exactly what happened to my brother and Joe when they weren't able to pay the bill. Typical, Davis was like that.

"No he doesn't , he was just waiting for his friends to bring the money", I said covering for Davis, even though Davis was not my good friend, I might as well help him out. I mean we are better friends then we were before, plus Davis is a nice guy and I'm sure if it was me he'd do…….never mind!

"Really," sneered the red vegetable digimon," give me my money, and try not to come back!". "You don't have to worry about that" , Davis mumbled under his breath.

"All of us, or just Davis"?, Veemon whined. Someone didn't hear Davis last comment. Veemon probably liked this restaurant as well even though the manager wasn't what I'd call nice. Evil maybe but not nice.

"Hmm, I don't know. Perhaps I should let you guys guess." The Digimon said sarcastically while pointing to the door. "There's a reason why we made doors in this place". Vegimon explained his gesture . "Now give me my money"!

Mean ! don't you think? "I'm onto it," I say pulling out my money. "Now", I say sighing at the same time. "How much do you want us to pay this time?".

"125, digi-dollars and 28 cents".

"Your kidding right?" I asked incredulously. I wasn't the only one surprised. Davis choked and Kari gasped. He couldn't be serious , digimon aren't like that, right? Right?? Right?????

"Of course I'm not serious" Vegimon replied to all our relief's. I for one sighed.

"It's 125 digi-dollars and 28 cents plus tax." The vegetables booming voice well…boomed through the air.

The look of relief vanished from all our faces.

"But there is no tax in the digi-world!" someone said. I bet it was Davis, scratch that, Davis did say it. Who else would?( besides Tai, but he's not here right now!) Judging from Davis tone of voice he wasn't to happy with this situation and I don't blame him.

"Are you asking me or telling me !" Vegimon yelled. It didn't look like he was too happy himself. "Because", he continued, " the answer and the response are the same, there is now!"

By now we were standing. Vegimon's harsh voice was more of a warning tone. I pulled out all the money I had, and Kari did the same, which was only a little if you compared it to how much he wanted. Then I remembered I had some emergency money and I pulled that out as well. I smiled at Kari in a pitiful attempt to reassure her, at least I tried. She blushed and looked away. She was so cute when she did that it made me want to kiss her and I was going to too, until I remembered Davis.

Vegimon quickly snatched the money out of my hand. He wasted no time as he counted it, recounted it, then to make sure counted it again. All this while we were fidgeting, well Kari was anyway, she was playing with a stand of her cinnamon brown hair. Looking around nervously at the pale and tan colored walls- Veemon. Or counting the money silently with Vegimon. What ? Me and Davis just wanted to make sure he wasn't ripping us off O.K. He already did it twice.

"You digi-destined missed a dollar", Vegimon said gruffly as he finished counting.

"Common Vegimon, I promise I'll pay you back your dollar next time I come here", Davis pleaded. Vegimon looked unconvinced. " I'll make sure he does", I plead. Vegimon seriously looked like he needed more convincing so that was exactly what I was doing.

"Fine", he said angrily. Vegimon nodded, " you two can go, but you" Vegimon stabbed his finger in my direction , " will stay." The teeth Vegimon showed when he said this made it painfully obvious he meant serious business. I knew he had something against me!

"Go", I told my friends beckoning them to leave. "I can handle this". O.K. so maybe that was an overstatement.

"I don't see why I can't just let Veemon digivolve and fight this guy".

Kari explained this one to him. "Davis it wouldn't work because the digimon can't digivolve unless it's for a good reason. Plus" she added "were trying to be peaceful".

Davis let out a very long breath. "Fine then". Davis said. "But don't do anything stupid". Davis cast a glance at Vegimon to emphasize his statement. " Common Kari"!

"Kari looked reluctant to leave. She looked down at the black and white tiled floor then back up to me. "Bye T.K.", she whispered then brushed her soft lips against my cheek sending a shiver down my spine. She winked at me then left with Davis. I smiled as I watched her go. At least she'd be safe with Davis, I had a bad feeling that darkness was lurking around, but it wasn't strong enough for me to know for sure.

You know I really didn't like leaving Kari with Davis…..Alone……Alone together….

"What are you doing, staring after your girlfriend!" Vegimon raved. Yeah ! basically. But it wasn't like I was going to say that out loud , especially right now since I'm blushing.

"So uhhh, what do you want me to do now", I said with little enthusiasm, well as little as possible anyway. I honestly didn't feel like putting up with a rude digimon, especially one with an attitude problem.

"Cook a meal for me now"! No please, no may you, just cook a meal for me, he even added now. Obviously not everyone learned there manners when the were a kid.

"Cook"! I say pronouncing the word with emphasis. "I can't do that", (as good as Matt). Man, Matt's the cook! Matt! I'm T.k.

"Well your going to", the Vegimon snapped.

"Sir, yes Sir", I said mock saluting Vegimon then turning on my heels and heading for the kitchen. It was when I was about halfway there I felt the first blow in my back. I bit by tong for crying out loud then I willed myself to turn around and face my attacker. Which was Vegimon, Typical! No surprise there!

"Hurry up", Vegimon hissed.

"I'm hurrying", I say politely back. No use in being rude. Think about it! Rudeness could only make the situation worse.

And of all the things , why did he ask me to cook?

"Because your brother can". Vegimon answered. Oops I guess I must of said that out loud.

"That pretty much summarizes it all ."I said under my breath. I remembered the time I spent waiting for my brother Matt and finally found him enslaved by Vegimon. But Vegimon was under the influence of the black gear. What the hell was happening now, I sure as hell didn't understand!

I went to the cupboards over my head and quickly went through them to get the materials I needed. I figured I could make soup. That's one thing Matt taught me. It wasn't hard and took about five minutes. The faster I got out of here the better. Like I said before , I had a bad feeling about this place.

Five minutes later I finally finished and tried to leave, thinking that Vegimon was actually going to let me! Yeah right!

"Where are you going"! Vegimon yelled so loud as if his voice could stop me !

"Home"! I said simply and then again tried to be on my way.

"Did I tell you to go home"? Vegimon yelled. "No one said I was finished with you".

"Well I'm finished with you ". I say trying to leave. Why wouldn't he stop blocking my path. It's not that I have an attitude problem. All this attitude stuff I learned off of Matt.

Vegimon's tentacle suddenly lashed out and ceased my arm pulling me backwards. The tentacle felt cold and slimy. Gross!

"Hey ! what's your-" , I began to say till I felt another blow in my right shoulder from Vegimon's other tentacle. Can't say I saw it coming and Shit! That hurt! It was a good thing I wore a dark shirt because if I hadn't the blood I has just got from that wound would be visible. "Damn, what's your problem, can I leave now?"

In response, Vegimon took a chair and sent it fling towards my head. I ducked.

"What the hell I yell".

Then out of the blue one of Vegimon's tentacles hit me, sending my sprawling to the ground. That's not good. Especially when I saw the knife in Vegimon's other tentacle. The long shiny wicked knife heading toward my head! SHIT!