Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ School Controls ❯ The New School ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Digimon: Season 3

School Controls

By: Mezuno: Anime Reader

Chapter 1

The New School

It was a dark, and stormy night, the wind blew forcefully at the trees, and a white fog appeared in the area. A girl the age of thirteen appeared as a few cherry blossoms blew to the west. She wore a violet purple, sleeveless tank top, a navy blue, jean jacket, and the same colored jeans that flared. Her dark brown hair in a ponytail blew in the wind, and her emerald green eyes would stare at the Digital Field through her dark purple sunglasses. She narrowed her eyes behind those dark specs, walking into the field. She stopped and slipped her hands into her pockets.

There was a fight going on, the girl watched with interest as a huge, red and black virus beetle pushed a small, yellow data fox on two legs away. The girl grinned, muttering, "What the heck? A small Digimon versus a big Digimon? I know what the odds are..." The data fox took a glimpse at the girl and grinned, jumping up high, gliding towards the beetle and kicking it in the face, "The Bigger They Are, The Harder They Fall!" The fox began to glow bright white as a glowing, bright white sphere appeared out of nowhere and floated into the girl's hand. The girl looked at the item that had landed into her hand, a small white machine that had the color purple on it, "A digivice? This should be rather entertaining...." She grinned again and turned it around, pointing the side with the small screen at the data fox. A bright, white beam shot out of the screen, and at the fox, making its wounds disappear instantly. The girl brought the Digivice down, holding it in her right hand, she smirked as she looked at the fox. She pointed it at the fox once more, and its image appeared, "So, you're Renamon, Data-type, and your attack is Diamond Storm? Let's see it then." The fox known only as Renamon nodded, landing on the ground and jumping up again. It crossed its arms, then re-opened them, "Diamond Storm!" A bunch of small, glowing white diamonds appeared, all going at the Over-sized Beetle. As it was getting hit with much effect, it then turned into simple, data. Renamon landed on the ground and walked towards the data, looking at it and absorbing it all.

The girl grinned, walking over to Renamon, "Renamon in the Real World, eh?" Renamon nodded and spoke, "Yes, I am indeed a Digimon, and now you are my tamer. What's your name, anyway?" "My name is Mezuno Otsuka, and I'm pretty much a champ when it comes to using cards to strengthen Digimon, so we shouldn't be able to be defeated!" the girl answered, she then blinked and made a serious look, "Was that just a Kuwagamon?" Renamon nodded to its new tamer, "Yes, Champion level, but this one was just a youngling. That's why it was so easy to beat, it had barely Digivolved. Fortunately, it doesn't have a tamer, so we don't have anything to worry about." "Good, let's go then. I have school in the morning, and there's no doubt that something's going to happen to tomorrow. I can feel it somehow..." Mezuno spoke, looking at the ground, still she held her Digivice, but her grip tightened around it. Renamon closed its eyes and nodded, "Right." After saying this, Renamon disappeared, when Mezuno needs her, she'll be there.

It was still raining that morning, it was Monday, and Rika Nonaka had gotten up quite early. She got into her new school uniform quickly, then she looked out her sliding door, seeing that her Renamon had gotten her mail. "Rika, you have a letter from Henry and Takato, they're both in another country right now, right?" Renamon asked, looking from the letter to Rika. Rika nodded, and walked over to Renamon, taking the letter from her and opening it. She took out the letter and read out loud:

"Dear Rika and Renamon,

Henry and I were having a great time here in England! Oh yeah, and so were Guilmon and Terriermon. We wanted to tell you two that we're coming back soon! And we've got a surprise for you, Rika! Before we left, your mom told us you switched schools, right? Well, you'll see your surprise soon enough!

- Takato, Henry, Guilmon, and Terriermon"

Rika narrowed her eyes at the letter, crumbling it up and throwing it behind herself. She then yelled, "What Are They Up To?!" Renamon blinked and spoke, "Maybe.... Oh dear, I don't think I should tell you..." Rika looked to Renamon with surprised eyes, "Tell Me!!!" Renamon shook her head, "Sorry, you'll find out soon enough!" After saying this, Renamon disappeared. Rika growled under her breath, she then turned around, grabbing her backpack, and walking out of her room.

It wasn't far until Rika reached her new private school, it wasn't for just girls, boys were aloud as well. Rika still couldn't get the thought of what Takato and Henry were going to do out of her head. She then gasped, everything was coming together! "Wait... This isn't an all girls school, boys are aloud, too.... And Takato and Henry mentioned my mom telling them about switching schools....." Rika muttered, she then gasped again and went running through the gates, she stopped around a corner. "Surprise!!" yelled Takato and Henry, they were dressed in weird clothes, the boys school uniform. Rika's eyes widened, "I knew it! You Two Enrolled In My New School!!" "Aw man! Did Renamon tell you??" Takato asked, teasingly. Rika growled under her breath and yelled, "Shut Up!! I Figured It Out Myself!!" Rika then stomped into the building, but she then gasped again, seeing all the students walking so stiffly. They wouldn't blink at all! Rika began to get scared, she backed away from the other students and fell backward onto the ground. She shivered frightenedly, stuttering, "Wha-What's going on here....? Wh-Why are they...." She gasped again when she saw three dark purple, tenticle-like things reaching out of the building towards her. She quickly got up and began to run, panting rapidly, she turned her head, seeing the tenticles catching up fast! She continued to run, but then she tripped on a rock and fell. She quickly turned just in time to see it rush towards her, she then screamed loudly, they could probably hear her all over the city!

Takato gasped and said, "That was Rika!" He and Henry then began to run towards where they heard Rika's scream, but when they got there, there stood Rika, scratchless. She didn't face them, her back was to them, and she just stood still, not moving one inch. "R-R-Rika? Are-Are you ok?" Takato asked, slowly nearing her. Rika slowly turned around, her eyes were pure purple. Seeing this, Henry and Takato backed away. "Rika? What's going on??" Henry asked, he felt something appear on his head. "Hey Henry! What happened to Ms. Serious??" the small bunny with loooong ears asked, blinking at how Rika wasn't moving, talking, or even blinking for that matter! "I am fine, we had better get inside before we are counted as tarty." Rika spoke, no tone could be heard. She slowly turned around towards the doors of the school, walking in to join the other stiff students. Henry put the bunny known only as Terriermon down, "Hide somewhere around here with Guilmon, just in case. I think something wrong is going on with Rika and the other kids." Terriermon nodded and went into the bushes, blinking. With a shiver from Takato, the two Digimon Tamers walked into the school.

Mezuno Otsuka walked to Treasure Hills Junior High, the school Takato, Henry, and Rika go to, her black skirt blowing in the forceful wind. She sighed and muttered, "Damn it, my parents still won't let me out of this school...." She walked through the gates of the school, then she stopped. She took out what seemed to be a Digimon Card, she sighed again and took out her Digivice. She slipped the card through the slot and spoke, "Digimodify! Golden Shield, Protect Me!" Instantly, a golden shield appeared around her, but it immidiately disappeared into thin air, "My invisible Golden Shield will protect from that stupid beam... Sheesh, everybody's a critic... Especially that principal...." She walked into the school, looking around. She blinked and smiled, seeing a boy wearing the black school uniform. This boy had red hair in the same style at Ryo, she walked over to him and greeted, "Hey ya, Shawn!" The boy was a few inches taller than her, he looked at her and smiled, "Hey Mezuno, I see you decided to come today!" Mezuno laughed and responded, "I had to, I tried talkin' my parents into gettin' be out of this school, but they still won't allow it..." "Hey, you're not alone! Same thing with my parents, won't let me out either." Shawn spoke, but then he turned, seeing the other students walking like zombies again, "Sheesh, why do they walk like that?" Mezuno sweatdropped and spoke, "As if you don't know!" She tried to punch him in the ribs, but something was in front of it, making her fist stop, "Hah! I knew it!" She then whispered, "I knew you were using an Invisible Golden Shield!" Shawn backed away one step, asking, "Ho-How'd ya know?!" Mezuno giggled and whispered, "You're not the only one using that card!" Shawn blinked, "Oh! You don't want to wind up like them either? Now I'm Thankin' God For This!" Mezuno laughed, grabbed his arm and running off, "Time For Science Class!" "WAAAAHH!!!!" Shawn yelled, being pulled towards a classroom.

When school ended, Terriermon jumped onto Henry's head again, "Hey Henry! I thought you said something bad was going to happen!" "I said something MIGHT happen!" Henry responded loudly, continuing to walk out the gates with Takato and Guilmon. Rika approuched them, still she looked weird, "Something didn't happen, nothing did. It was just another, ordinary day." Takato and Henry blinked at her, then sweatdropped. "That didn't make much sense, Takatomon...." Guilmon spoke, tilting his head. "I know, let's just go home before Rika says anything thing else that's weird...." Takato answered, walking off with Guilmon at his side. Henry walked to his house, Terriermon still on his head.

Mezuno made a small gasp, she then looked up, then looked to Shawn, "One.... One of the other tamers has been taken over as well!" Shawn's eyes widened, "Who was it??" Mezuno closed her eyes, her face facing the ground. Her eyes snapped open and she looked back to Shawn, "Th-The Digimon Queen, Rika Nonaka!" They both made surprised looks, then went running off.

To Be Continued...