Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ School Day Blues ❯ Make Us Proud! ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"Renamon!" Rika hollered, snapping out her shades and flinging them over her eyes. Finally, some action! And not just any type of action-- a Digimon! A smirk appeared on the redhead's face as her partner materialized beside her.

The yellow fox-like Digimon nodded toward the building behind them. "Rika... aren't you supposed to be in school...?"

Her eyes glanced at the creature with annoyance. "Hah! You think I'll let you fight by yourself?!" she shot back, waiting for the fog to fade and the Digimon to appear. "Besides-- it's right by my school! What if it attacks?!"

True... it could attack the building; if so, then quite a few people would be hurt.... Renamon simply stared out before her with patience. She merely... had to relax her mind. As she did, though, she noticed something in the far corner.... It-- whatever it was-- was hiding. Acknowledging the presence, the Digimon knew that it was no threat....

Takato peeked out from his hideaway in the bushes. Had they spotted him...? Oh, he hoped not! He'd be in hot water if Rika caught him there! An explanation would be rather... hard, ya know? Crossing his fingers, the boy prayed that it would be an easy, one-two-three battle....

There! "Here it comes, Renamon!" Rika whipped out her modify cards. Oh yeah... they were gonna need them....

As the fog gradually cleared... they came face-to-face with....

School Day Blues

Part Three: Make Us Proud!

"A Gekomon...?"

From his secluded spot in the bushes... Takato fell over. Good Lord-- he thought it would be some type of fire breathing dragon (think Guilmon or Agumon) that destroyed everything in its path! Well... he was wrong, eh? Gee... would she need his help? Nah... Rika could DEFINITELY handle it.... Besides... he had to get back before her anyway; if she knew that 'Teko' was missing during her intense battle, she might get suspicious and.... Takato shuddered at the thought.

He just hoped she could withstand its singing... if that was what you wanted to call it....

That's it? What a pathetic excuse for a Digimon! Where were the stronger ones?! I mean-- as time went on, more powerful ones had been appearing.... Some were really hard to beat, even! This one seemed a little... lame. The redhead shrugged and crossed her arms roughly. Data was data-- it didn't matter where she got it from. "Walk all over him...."

Renamon jumped forward with a grunt, arms spread out. This... was too easy.... "Diamond storm!" she bellowed, sending her attack straight toward the awaiting weakling!

As our favorite cross-dresser ran into the building, the normally silent Digimon's voice echoed out... and a screech of pain followed soon after.

~*~

God-- he just wanted to go home and fall face-first onto his comfy... cozy bed.... Yeah... that sounded nice. Really, now! He'd had enough! The poor boy had run in as quickly as he could, noticed that practically everyone had changed into their uniforms and zoomed into the closest stall. It was okay.... No one realized that he was late coming in; some girls were still getting dressed (which was why he had sped into the bathroom as fast as his legs could carry him).

Why didn't he just... put his faith in Rika? He knew she could handle it, yet he followed anyway.... The reason nearly smacked him upside the head. Oh, right... he didn't want her to get hurt-- that's why! When you care for someone, it isn't very fun seeing them fail and feel pain and things like that.... Now... if only he knew how she felt about him.

Then again... maybe it was better to adore from afar. Sorta like Helga, from 'Hey Arnold!'... 'cept he wouldn't pick on her.

Alright-- he was fully clothed and ready for some learning! At least... as much as he could store within his brain for one day. Usually, that wasn't much. Ms. Asagi, from his old school, normally sent him in the hall EVERY day....

Storming proudly out, he suddenly stopped. Wha... what?! Everyone... was gone! Where did they go?! Oh, man-- did he not hear the teacher say 'Time to go back to class,' or something similar to that? Then again... the bell hadn't chimed, either... had it?

Just as he was about to smack his head against the sink due to his stupidity, the side door opened... and Rika, grinning widely and scarily-- possibly from the hype of the battle-- walked in. She barely glanced at the confused kid. It wasn't like she cared, anyway.

Oh... he almost forgot! "Here... Rika-- right?" Had to act a little unknowing, ya know.... Didn't want to seem too... inviting, if that was what you'd call it. "Thanks for letting me borrow them," he added in his most squeakiest, yet sincerest voice ever. Yeah... and they were all sweaty and smelly now.... What a NICE way to give her clothes back.... Maybe he should have offered to take them home to wash them. At least then they'd be cleaner. Then again, she probably wouldn't allow that.... He sighed inwardly to himself.

This Teko girl was lucky.... She caught her in a good mood.... A REALLY good mood. Laughing briskly, Rika snatched the soiled clothing and stuffed them into her gym bag. She'd have to start the washer up when she got home. "No problem," the girl muttered. She glanced around and coughed lightly. They did it again... didn't they? Asked she, "Where the heck did everybody go...?"

Heh... oh, yeah! That was right.... He was alone... with Rika. This thought brought forth a small blush, and he instantly turned away. Why did they make him do this?! Why did he accept?! He... was going to make a butt(no cussing!) of himself.... He... he didn't want to! Not in front of Rika! "I... dunno...."

"Oh... it's okay." They did that to her all the time. About once a week, really. Knowing those people, the ones she had to call 'classmates,' they were already up in the room with huge, toothy grins on their faces. They always did that! Leaving behind someone.... It was just so rude... and it ticked her off greatly! "Don't let them get to you.... They just like to... test everyone...."

Nodding, Takato walked to the door. It was best just to agree... although he didn't quite understand what she meant. Anyway, he'd better get going.... "Well... I'll see you up in class, then." Not that she was making him uncomfortable.... Oh, no-- she NEVER did that....

Rika waved as she prepared to change. As the door shut... she closed her eyes. No matter how hard she tried... there was something different about that girl. It was... like she knew her from somewhere. It was as though they had met before... yet she was positive she had never seen Teko before in her life. How very strange.... Perhaps this girl... was the friend she needed. Maybe she was the one who would understand....

A sigh escaped her lips. Probably not.... At least... that's what she thought.

~*~

Okay-- that was it! Takato was fed up with schools all together! Every year they taught the same things over and over again! It wasn't like they forgot the unneeded information that was stomped into their brains! They just... well, they let it hide inside their minds! Yeah-- that was it! Deep within the corridors! It hid so well that, at times, it seemed to be forgotten!

Oh... who was he kidding? He forgot every year, practically....

The boy kept his eyes locked onto the ticking hands of the clock on the wall. Soon... soon, he could go home and change out of the ridiculous outfit he had on! How he missed his old clothes.... They were so comfy and fit him just right! A lot better than this skirt, anyway....

Once he was ready, he'd grab some day-old bread and visit his pal Guilmon. Yeah... poor guy-- must be hungry.... Then again, when was he not? Even Terriermon ate a lot, and he was a small Digimon! An evil smile instantly popped onto the boy's face. If he were to run into Kazu, Kenta and Henry... he'd be sure to give all three of 'em a piece of his mind! Oh, buddy... that's exactly what he felt like doing!

Of course... knowing them, they'd steer clear of the park for a while.... Heh--

RIIINNNGG!!

FINALLY! The girls stood and gathered their belongings. Now... now they were able to leave! Goodbye, hell-hole! None of them will miss you! For... once they leave, they'll be free to complete the homework for tomorrow, play and run around... or watch their daily soaps. If you'll just excuse them....

Angel-Chan glanced around, a grin apparent on her face; her glasses gleamed mischievously. She... had the best idea EVER! Even better than what she had planned earlier that day! Now, then... where was that Teko chick...? Was she still at her seat...? No.... Was she...? Yup. She was gone-- out of sight, as many would say.

"DARN IT!"

~*~

Ahh... the quaint smells from his parents' bakery flooded his nostrils. The 'Matsuki Bakery' was actually quite popular, ya know.... They made a decent amount of money, too. Every time he tried picturing his parents having some other job... he had to laugh. They were bakers-- nothing else! Well... besides parents. Groaning at his ridiculous reflection, Takato opened the door and entered. Let me say this, though: he entered WEARILY.

"Mom? Dad? I'm home...!" he called, tossing his little suitcase-like backpack off to the corner (along with is VERY uncomfortable shoes, by the way). He toddled over to snatch a bun from the stands. God... he was SOOO hungry-- he barely ate anything at school! Everyone kept on staring at him, and he sat all by his lonesome! Actually... that Angel-Chan girl had come over a couple times to talk to him, but....

Takato was home? He got home a little later than usual.... Jogging out of the kitchen, Mrs. Matsuki said, "And...? How did it go, son?"

Mr. Matsuki chortled lightly. From the look on the poor kid's face... not very well. "Well... at least you fit in, right?" he cracked, noticing the dirty look that appeared immediately afterwards.

"DAD!" How could he joke about something so... so embarrassing?! The boy yanked off his wig, hmphed loudly and tossed the half-eaten bread at his father! It wasn't right-- HE never tried to learn more about the girl from his dreams by dressing up like one! When they say 'like father, like son,' those two wouldn't fit the bill....

His mother, chuckling to herself, left the room after the bread nearly whacked her in the head. Those two were dangerous at times.... They HAD agreed to Takato's strange request (although it had been a friend of his who came up with the idea). She wasn't going to ask why... even though it nagged at her. The only thing she knew was that it was about a girl. That alone made her realize that her son was growing up... faster than she expected. It just seemed TOO fast to her.... Still... seeing her boy in a dress was rather... odd.

He'd better not keep this 'hobby'....

~*~

"TAKATOMON!"

With a giant leap, the virus-type Digimon landed in his partner's arms. He also knocked the poor boy flat on his backside. This... was normal for the two of them. Who on Earth could it be normal, you ask? Let's just say that they've had plenty of time to practice....

"Hey, boy," Takato greeted half-heartedly. Sure, he was used to it... but he always got the wind knocked out of him! No matter what, it always seemed to happen! Oh, well.... Sitting down (while his friend moved a small distance away), the boy opened up the bag full of 'goodies.' This, I must say, made the dinosaur-like Digimon's day.

He had been SO hungry! When the brown haired boy didn't come see him this morning, he had thought something bad had happened. Especially when he later sensed a Digimon appear.... Questioningly, he glanced to Takato. "Did you bring peanut butter?" It was so good... and TASTY. Why, with bread, it had to have been the best thing in the entire world! It just HAD to!

Oh, no! He forgot about that! "Sorry, pal...," the boy mumbled. Well... at least he didn't seem to care; quite the contrary... Guilmon had already stuffed his whole head into the bag! That was just like him... letting his stomach get the better of him. "Well... I have to go now...."

With a snort and a tail wave, the red creature kept on gulping down the food. Soon, after he filled his belly, he'd take a nap. Sleepy time was nice....

As Takato exited Guilmon's hideout, he saw a certain group of boys making their way OUT of the park.... Was it...? Oh, yeah... it sure was! A chuckle escaped the youth's lips... and he tiptoed his way to the end of the group. They were gonna get it.... They were gonna get it BIG TIME. And his punishment would be harsh-- yes... extremely harsh....

After all... they deserved it, didn't they?

~*~

A/N: Ahh... another chapter.... *eeps and hides behind something* I am sooooo sorry for the wait! I was so into my other story, 'Fated,' that I completely forgot about this one! I promise you that I will NOT do that again.... At least... I will TRY. As for my absence this week... well, let's just say that I think it's a rather long story.... Look at my info... perhaps then you'll understand.

HELP! I need ideas for this story! Give me whatever you see fit (just nothing about how Rika finds out-- that's already come to me). I'd greatly appreciate it! Thank you for reading, and expect a new chapter to 'Fated' out by tomorrow... unless my computer screws up, or I fall asleep before I finish typing. I am trying to work on it now. Also, for anyone who wants to see JUST how well I can draw... go to http://www.mediaminer.org/fanart/agal.php?id=2680 I hope you enjoy my cruddy pics! Well... ja!-Angel-Chan (Look below this little author's note.... See the button? Well, please click on it; the more reviews I get, the more I know people like this story! Perhaps... I will get 11 new reviews? *sighs* I doubt it....)