Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ School Day Blues ❯ Kick Ball of Doom ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"Uhh.... What're you doing...?"

Takato stopped his continuos head banging to look up. Geeze... his forehead probably had a huge red blotch on it.... "N... nothing," he muttered squeakily, grinning like he'd seen some girls do. He... he had to try and act... giddy. Good Lord, he had to be a... a--

The blond sighed, fixed her glasses and pointed to the door. "We've got gym now, remember?" Man... this new girl really had to get her butt in gear! What was her name again...? Teko, right? Heh... weird name.... Walking to the door, she said:

"Look, I highly doubt you know where everything is yet, so let me show you."

Thank God his wig was tightly attached to his head.... He didn't want to screw up his first day of school! "Th-Thanks!" he peeped, hopping out of his chair and toddling after his 'newfound friend.'

"Hey, my name's Angela-- but everyone calls me Angel-Chan." Giving the girl a small side glance, an idea popped into Angel-Chan's head. Sure, she was one of the 'normal' kids in the classroom-- not too smart, not too popular-- and it would be cool if....

Yes-- she'd do it! This new chick would be her own little project! Pretty soon, she'd be in with the popular kids, and this Teko girl would be there with her.... She felt a laughing fit burst from within her....

Takato turned. The girl had just halted in the middle of an introduction.... "Ange--" he paused. Okay... THAT was weird.... Why was she just standing there... cackling?

Never mind. Who cared? He could see that they were practically at the door to the dressing room anyway, so he just walked right in.

"Mwahaha-- huh?" Angel-Chan blinked and spun around. "Teko? Where'd ya go?"

School Day Blues

Part Two: Kick Ball of Doom

What a stupid idea! As soon as he entered, he felt himself heat up all over. There were girls in there! Partially-clothed girls! Giving a small 'eep,' the young cross-dresser sped into the nearest stall. WHAT had he been thinking?! Kazu, Kenta and Henry were gonna pay BIG TIME for this....

"All right, girls! Hurry up!" Mrs. Akino's voice sounded as though it were outside the door... as it outside of the room.... So that meant that she was already dressed and either in the gym or on the field! All he had to do was get past the girls and....

Be brave! Jamming his eyes shut, Takato burst from the stall and sped to the exit; along the way, he nearly tripped over a few of his classmates, thus getting some curses shot at him. A-HAH! The doorknob! Wrapping his fingers around it, he swung the door open... and got knocked over by rampaging feet.

All the girls that were changing, well... were somehow done and ready to play! It wasn't like they MEANT to squash the new girl! Really-- it wasn't!

"Sorry, Teko!" Kiyo said through a smirk; she got a glare in return. "I mean it! We didn't see you there!"

Yeah... right. Like he believed that line of crap. Grumbling something unpleasant, he pushed himself up, brushed off his skirt and looked for Mrs. Akino.

There she was! Standing over by a bag of what looked to be gym equipment! "Mrs. Akino!"

What...? The teacher turned her head toward the voice. Oh... it was the new girl. A warm smile pervaded upon her lips. Perhaps she was having some problems fitting in.... It was normal, really. Wherever anyone went, they were bombarded with cruelness from at least one person! "Yes, Teko?"

Oh, man! He hoped it would work! "Umm... since I don't have any clothes for gym, I was wondering if I--"

"Ask one of the girls if you could borrow a pair of theirs." So innocent.... Almost scared! It was rare to see a girl her age act that way! "I usually make sure they have a couple sets with them."

Takato wanted to fall forward and groan; he didn't, though, because he knew he'd be acting more like a guy-- which was what he was in real life! Jogging back to the locker room, the boy finally realized why many girls hated skirts....

A small gust of wind blew right past him!

Feeling the frail cloth get blown away, he instantly shoved his hands down. This created a... well, a very bad copy of a certain movie scene.... All the while, the girls (with their stupid girly shorts) giggled and mimicked his actions. Stupid skirts.... To think... girls actually WORE them....

Just as he was about to walk into the room, the door slammed into his face; he went flying back into a mound of dirt! Really, now! Could his day get any worse?!

From behind the door, Angela gulped. She'd just hit someone! But... who? Oh... no! Was it Mrs. Akino?! God-- she'd get it for sure, then! "I'm SO sorry!" she cried, moving around the door and bowing sincerely. It probably wouldn't help her any, but....

"Ow-- Angel-Chan! That hurt!"

The blond opened her eyes and looked down. Oops.... Oh well... at least it wasn't Mrs. Akino! Studying the brown haired 'girl,' she gasped. "Teko! Why aren't you dressed?!"

Gee... that's JUST what he was gonna explain to her.... "I don't have anything TO change into...." And he hoped that no one had any extras, either....

Was that all? "Hey, I have an spare in my locker!" Angel-Chan shoved her to the door. "It's number 105!" They looked about the same height and build-- it shouldn't be that bad of a fit! Giggling to herself, she ran off to the group. Yes... her plan was gonna work!

It just had to!

~*~

Dear Lord.... Why? Why did he have to be tortured like so? What sin had he made that deserved such a punishment? Takato allowed himself to groan as he held up the shorts. Sure-- he wore shorts.... They didn't really bother him; in the summer time, that's mostly what he did wear. It was just that these ones were, well.... SHORT. S-h-o-r-t.

That's... when he found her shirt. Okay-- he'd try to live with the shorts if he had to... but he would NOT wear that kind of shirt!!! What kind was it, you ask? Why... a sleeveless t-shirt with half of the bottom cut off. That meant... that he'd be exposing his stomach! Oh, God! Now... felt like a good time to bang his head off the lockers.

And so he did.

"Here."

Takato felt something whack him upside the head; he yanked it off and took a good look at it. What...? Oh, WOW! A regular-- as in NOT cut-- t-shirt and sweat pants! A fountain of light seemed to be pouring down on the young lad. Turning to the voice, he squeaked out, "Thanks!" Then... he got a good look at the speaker.

Rika groaned; her hands flew back behind her head to tighten her ponytail. "Don't get used to it-- I normally don't give out my clothes," she hissed. God... she hated gym, even if she WAS good at it.... It just... didn't hit her as interesting. She went on:

"After seeing how the others treated you, I figured you'd be pretty bummed...." Man... she had to stop being so nice! Especially now-- there was no reason to! With the battle practically done and over with, she didn't have to see any one of them anymore! "It's not fun being new... and it looks to me like you hate those stupid shorts as much as I do."

Laughing nervously, Takato tried his hardest not to blush. Let me tell you something... he didn't want to be thought as... something else-- if you get the picture. "I do.... They're just so...." He searched for a word within his vocabulary that would maybe win Rika's trust. Wait! That would work! He finished by saying: "Uncomfortable, kinky and just not my style. Give me a pair of good old jeans any day!"

A small chuckle escaped the redhead's mouth. Maybe there was a possibility... that friendship could be found with this new girl. "Same here," she muttered. Walking to the door, she called, "See you on the field!" Then again, maybe not.... Still... she couldn't help but notice that... that this 'Teko' girl seemed awfully familiar....

Waving, the young boy/girl/whatever grinned widely to himself. He had spoken to Rika! He had actually spoken to her, and she had acted like a regular person! YES! SCORE! He did a quick dance... then realized that he had yet to change.... Darnit.

If this gym were anything like the one at his school... then he was in over his head.

~*~

"Today, class, we shall be playing the ever-popular 'kick ball.'" stated Mrs. Akino. Actually, it would be more like 'they play,' whilst she 'supervised.' "I highly doubt I have to tell you the rules, so I'll just say this: DON'T kill each other."

"Yes, ma'am!" the crowd shot out.

And so began gym. Kiyo and Meiling were team captains, thus evening out the 'populars' from the 'nerds.' Still... once they started choosing, they also began to bicker as well. You know... such things as "You take her!" and "Ah, I don't need her!" entered the air. Finally, after fighting about which team Teko (Takato, remember?) would be on, Meiling finally gave in. Kiyo, the spoiled brat that she was, always got her way... which meant that her team was up first....

Takato glanced around. God... he hated kick ball-- he never was good at it. If that red, roundish object came hurtling toward his head... he'd be dead. This also meant that dodge ball was a very bad sport for him, too.

"Move over to your right two paces, new girl!"

Takato looked over to the voice. What the heck did that mean?! A black-haired girl glared at him; she held a small, calculator-like thing in one hand. "What did you say?" he asked dumbly.

Wasn't the first time understandable? It wasn't like she talked with a lisp or anything! "Move two to your right!" hissed the girl with more impatience. Kiyo was about to kick! If she didn't move....

Feeling slightly intimidated, he did as told. Let me tell you something-- that's not always a good thing.... Naomi sent the ball rolling... and Kiyo kicked it with all her might; she may have been spoiled, but she wasn't some weakling.... The worst part was that it went flying right towards Takato! With but a quick glance at the one who had informed him to move, the ball whammed right into his gut!

Falling back onto his butt, the boy felt pain flood his body. O... kay. That had hit just SLIGHTLY below the belt.... And-- ouch-- he felt it. The thing was... well, he was supposed to be a GIRL.... So he merely grimaced, stood and held the rubber ball into the air.

"OUT!"

"YEAH! Great catch, Teko!"

"You da GURL!"

~*~

Okay-- gym wasn't as bad as he thought. It was actually... kinda fun! Maybe it was just the way the schools did it.... If so, then he hated his old school even more.

"Hey," called a girl with mauve hair, "Matsu! You're up!"

Nodding nervously, Takato walked up to the plate. Dear Lord... he had to KICK. Remembering what had happened the last time he played kick ball, he shuddered. He... was going to make a fool of himself....

Bev pitched fast; faster than Naomi, even! She let the ball fly from her hand. Wait.... Wait.... Now!

Takato sent his foot forward. It made contact with the ball and... sent it flying up to smack his own face. With the stars twinkling over his eyes, he collapsed in a daze... yet still noticing all the people swarming around. Oh, God... they were snickering....

He HAD made a fool of himself! Man! He just wanted to go home and cry! Sitting up, he sniffled lightly. At least he was ACTING like a girl probably would.... So stupid... he should've let the ball roll past him. Yeah, then he wouldn't--

"What's that?"

Everyone's eyes focused on the forming fog. Takato noticed Rika's violet eyes flash with excitement. It... couldn't be. Not now... no. Hadn't they stopped them from entering a while ago?! There was a sudden blur of yellow in the nearby trees. Renamon.

Okay... good. Rika could handle it. He didn't have to go and blow his cover!

"We'll have to finish this in the gym," Mrs. Akino announced, ushering the girls into the school; somehow, Rika had snuck around the teacher. She sped off in the direction where the Digimon was emerging.

What a predicament he had gotten himself into.... Sure-- he could let Rika go battle by herself.... but what if the Digimon was too strong? What if...?

Takato cautiously ran after the girl he liked. If it looked as though she needed help, he'd do it. But only IF....

"Stupid self conscience...."

~*~

A/N: Gomen ne for the wait, mina-chan. I've been sick.... I just want to say... THANK YOU for the reviews! I was really surprised by how many of you actually enjoyed my story! Your reviews are my power-- really! If you have an idea for this story, tell me! If you hadn't noticed, I sorta added myself in this story.... I didn't MEAN to! It just... happened! Anyone else wanna be an extra? My sister already signed up! Yes... the whole thing with the girl knowing where 'Teko' should stand came from... 'Recess.' As for the part where Takato kicked the ball into his own face... well, that happened to my sister once! I HAD to write it! YES! I decided to keep the Digimon! And lookie what is goin' on! A 'wild one!' *clears throat* What will happen? Will Rika be able to defeat it? Will Takato ever have to wear girly shorts? Are Kazu and Kenta still laughing? Did Henry get in trouble for 'borrowing' his sister's stuff? How did Takato get into the school into the first place? Does his parents know of their son's new 'hobby?' Find out these (well, most of them) and more in the next chapter (whenever it gets typed)!-Angel-Chan (See that little button at the bottom left side of the screen? See it? Click on it and make a certain poor, young teen happy.)