Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Should Life be Cruel, or Good? ❯ Davis' Life! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
 
37-year-old Davis Motomiya was returning home to his mansion from work. However, he didn't look very happy at all.
 
His limousine pulled through the front gate, and Ikki the chauffer opens the door for his master.
 
Davis didn't reply, but gave Ikki his paycheck for the week, and walked inside the mansion.
 
A 4-year old greeted Davis by coming up to him, and hugging his legs. “Daddy your home!” said Musuko Motomiya.
 
Davis smiled, and then leaned down to hug his son. “So how was preschool today?” he asked.
 
His son held up a picture of him, and another young boy playing catch, “Me and my friend Hajji made this together.” He said.
 
Davis picked up the drawing to look at it more closely, and saw that both boys had signed their names on it.
 
The signatures read…'Musuko Motomiya' and `Hajji Kamiya'…Davis lowered his head in sadness at the other boy's signature.
 
“Daddy, are you okay?” asked Jacob, his father came to. “I'm okay son, don't worry.” He said.
 
The big Grandfather clock chimed seven times. Davis called for one of his maids. “Yes sir, what is it.” She asked.
 
“I'm not feeling very well, and I think I'm going to go to bed now.” Said Davis, “So make sure that my son has his dinner, and is put to bed as well!”
 
“Yes sir” said the maid, “Uh…sir” she said holding up twelve letters, each marked with a red heart on them, “These came for you today!”
 
Davis narrowed his eyes in an upsetting expression. “Burn them all, and clean the fire place after.” He grumbled.
 
“Yes sir.” Said the maid in shock, and then Davis turned towards the elevator, which took him to the third floor of the mansion.
 
* * *
 
Davis' bedroom was breath taking. His four-posted king sized bed was large enough to be a medium sized pool.
 
There was a big screen TV, a long sofa, paintings hung on the walls, wall to wall carpeting, even a fireplace was in the room.
 
Davis lay down on his bed, and placed his hands over his face. He was still not happy at all, but why…
 
* * *
 
FLASHBACK…
 
Davis Motomiya, formerly the most powerful Digi destined in the world, had retired from his heroic deeds, and settled into his new life.
 
25 years had passed since the battle with Maylomyiotismon, and all the other Digi destined too had retired.
 
Davis had made his dream career come true. He opened a noodle cart, and became a worldwide success, which also made him the richest man in the entire Eastern Region of the world.
 
It was because of his huge success, that the government of Japan had given him a huge promotion.
 
Davis was now the President of a noodle packing plant. Where they not only made sure that Davis' delicious noodles made it out into the world faster and better, they could produce home style versions of Davis' noodle products.
 
Davis had earned the title, King of Noodles!
 
END OF FLASHBACK…
* * *
 
But Davis still did not feel happy about his life…something was missing.
 
* * *
 
ANOTHER FLASHBACK…
 
While Davis was out on his noodle cart journeys, he had learned that his parents had been killed in an explosion in his old apartment.
 
This hurt him a lot, and to make matters worse, his sister June, had become a doctor, got married, and moved away.
 
Davis had lost his family. His folks were dead, and he didn't know where his sister was at all, so he couldn't call or write…and neither could she.
 
END OF FLASHBACK…
 
* * *
 
Poor Davis…he didn't only lose his family, he lost even more than that.
 
* * *
 
YET ANOTHER FLASHBACK…
 
Davis' Friends had all retired from their Digi destined lives and moved on with life…including `her'
 
The former child of light, the girl who dressed in pink, the woman Davis was head-over heals in love with…Kari.
 
But the very last time he ever saw her face-to-face, she brought her son Hajji , and had her picture taken with her son…by TK's side.
 
Davis knew he was sunk, he had seen evidence that made him believe that Kari was Married to TK, Davis walked away quietly…he was never seen by them again.
 
Davis was also being chased around town by hundreds of young women who recognized him as the famous noodle guy and also…very cute looking.
 
Davis had cut his hair short, so it was no longer big and spiky, but it was smooth and sharp looking…like 007.
 
Davis did not want to give his heart to anyone else in this world. Nobody except Kari, but believing that she was out of his grasp, he decided to remain as he was.
 
Davis was not married, he wasn't engaged to be married, he had no girlfriend, and he never ever went out on a single date!
 
; and to ensure that women would stop chasing after him, he adopted Musuko, whose parents had died shortly after he was born, and he took that little child right to his heart.
 
END OF FLASHBACK…
………………………&# 8230;………………………… …………………………
 
 
No wonder he was not happy with his life, Davis was a single father, to a child that was not biologically his own, and women were still chasing him.
 
Davis slowly got up, and walked over to his Hi-fi, he selected a soft song that had no Lyrics to it.
 
So sometimes, he just decided to sing his sadness away, even though No one could hear him.
 
Davis walked out to his bedroom balcony, and looked out into the starry skies as the song started, and he began to sing.
 
* * *
 
 
-There are few who'd deny, at what I do I am the best,
for my talents are renowned far and wide
When it comes to Noodle dishes, whether day or night,
I excel without ever even trying.
 
-With the slightest little effort, of my Noodle chief skills,
I am one of those me, who can't be beat!
With a wave of my hand, and just a pinch of new ideas,
I have brought the hungry, back onto their feet.
 
-Yet, year after year, it's the same routine,
and I grow so weary, for no joys of love are seen.
And I, Daisuke, The Noodle King,
Have grown so tired, of the same old thing!
 
-Oh, somewhere deep, inside of my bones,
an emptiness, continues to grow.
Now here I am, in my very home,
With longings that, I've always known
 
* * *
 
Poor Davis, He gained his dream job and life, but in doing so he had lost his family, his friends, and the woman he loved.
 
To make it worse, he was feeling rather bored of his life now. He was sad, miserable, and lonely.
 
Davis just kept singing in his darkened bedroom, starring off into the night!
 
* * *
-I'm a master of delight, fighting hunger and it's might,
and you'll have it knocked out of your pants.
To fried chicken in Kentucky, I'm mister unlucky,
And I'm known throughout England, and France
 
-My recipes are no dread, for they're all in my head,
like reciting Shakespearian quotations.
No animal or man, Can do what I can,
With the power of my reputation!
-But, who hear, would want to understand,
that the Noodle King, has lost his cheerful grin.
Without Kari, his life's worthless, if they only knew,
He'd throw it all away, if only help that'd do.
 
-Oh, there's an emptiness in my heart.
That's tearing me, all up and apart.
Without Kari, my life's fame for years,
Does nothing for, these empty tears!
 
* * *
 
Davis walked sadly inside, and turned off the Hi-fi, and then he changed into his pajamas, and went to bed.
 
He knew this was going to be a very long night!